Dr. Michael Tseng, MD

Dr. Michael Tseng, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Tseng, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Oakland, CA. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Read his story

3315 Broadway

Oakland, CA 94611

• Affinity Health Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • CorVel
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Tseng

See how frequently Dr. Tseng performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Chronic Neck Pain
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Tseng's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Tseng's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tseng "Dr. Tseng received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Biology from the University of Michigan. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Medicine degree from Cornell University in New York City. After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Tseng completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, and his spinal surgery fellowship at UC San Francisco. As a spine surgeon, Dr. Tseng's treats a comprehensive range of injuries and conditions of the spine, including injuries to the neck and back. He believes in a conservative approach to treatment and always considers using nonoperative methods before recommending surgery. Dr. Tseng is also well-versed in the diagnosis of other orthopedic conditions, including injuries of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and wrist. When Dr. Tseng is not seeing patients, he stays active through personal fitness, running, and downhill skiing. He also enjoys cooking, traveling, and music."

This content was provided by Dr. Tseng "Webster Orthopedics is committed to excellence in treating all of your orthopedic problems. Since 1939, patients in the East Bay have placed their trust in our care - specialized care in the spine, shoulder and elbow, hand and wrist, hip and knee, and foot and ankle. Our expertise lies in sports medicine, joint replacement surgery, scoliosis, and fracture care. With compassion and expert care, our physicians and staff are dedicated to helping our patients return to an active, healthy lifestyle."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Injections
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University Of California Medical Center, San Francisco
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Tseng has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tseng does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tseng and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tseng's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tseng to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Tseng's Performance
in Pleasanton, CA |
Dr. Tseng is tentative to my needs. He did not rush in my appointment and made sure I do not leave the office with hanging questions. I feel comfortable and trusted in his hands. His positive reinforcement has helped me to overcome any fear before the surgery. However, I do have to admit getting appointment to see him will not be quick. I guess because he is the best surgeon in town.
in ClaytonCA |
Dr Michael Tseng has a very welcoming office from the office mgr who got me in and confirmed insurance to Cornelius to Jesse and the lovely girl who set me up with my next appointment. Dr Tseng was great explained what is wrong going for conservative treatment first but warned that surgery might be inevitable. He gives you confidence that my condition can be remidied and I can get my life back. Thank you again
in Martinez, CA |
Dr. Tseng helped me when no other doctor would. I had suffered for a couple of years with neck spine pain, including numbness & tingling down my right arm/hand. Once Dr. Tseng performed my surgery he found my condition to be worse than the MRI's & X-rays had showed. I am completely healed & feel normal again. I could never thank Dr. Tseng enough & I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs spine care.
in San ramon |
Dr Tseng did surgery on my lower back and I am very pleased with this experience. I recommend him as a great surgent. He listens and explains every details Shahla Vatannia
in El Cerrito, CA |
I really like Dr. Tseng! He seems to really care about the patient and does seem to have excellent knowledge. He performed both a discectomy and a spinal fusion on me and so far the results have been excellent. It is a little tough to get to see him on a short notice appointment basis (just as he is very booked up), but I have had no problems at all with scheduling appointments with a little bit of notice. So my ratings are based purely on the medical/surgical expertise and care - Excellent
in San Jose, CA |
Beware if you need help and ask for Dr. Tseng to call you once you become his patient. He called after 5 days while my wife was in pain and wanted to ask few things. During the office visit (after waiting for more than 45 min ), moment he entered the room, he started recording visit summary rather than focusing on patient and understanding their issue. It appeared to us that he want to just check boxes (that he has done his job) and get out rather than listening and truly taking care of patient
El Sobrante, CA |
I had my laminectomy surgery two weeks ago. First I want to thank Dr. Tseng for recommending I get the co-flex instead of the older fusion surgery. I felt better knowing the co-flex was more movable than the other one. He was very thorough every time I met with him and answered all of my questions considering I was quite nervous to have surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tseng if your're looking for a well qualified doctor.
in El Cerrito, CA |
Great Doctor! Wait time is very long. New office staff not very helpful. Out of work for five days. Office staff not able to complete disability forms. Informed by my insurance that they will deny claim if service is not rendered.
in Concord, CA |
Dr.Tseng explained my options in treating my back pain very thoroughly and patiently. Ultimately, we decided together that I would have a fusion and so far it's been 2 weeks and my back pain is all gone! I am so happy that I chose Dr. Tseng. He is a competent and caring doctor and I would recommend him to all of my family and friends.
in San Ramon, CA |
I wouldn't recommend Webster or Dr. Tseng to friends. I felt that his initial review of my lower back problem was too rushed, and incomplete. As a result I experienced excruciating pain during an overseas trip. When I tried to call and talk to the doctor, no one calls or responds back. Overall, very poor patient care and customer care.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Tseng, MD?
Are you Dr. Tseng?