Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM

PodiatryMaleAge 50

Dr. Tomey

Cary Foot & Ankle Specialists

3731 Nw Cary Pkwy Ste 100 Cary, NC 27513

Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM is a Podiatry Specialist in Cary, NC and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Finch University of Health Sciences / Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities Rex Hospital and Wakemed Cary Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tomey to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Podiatry Specialists in your area

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

• Plantar Fasciitis
  • Ulcer of Foot
  • Wound Care and Management

Dr. Tomey accepts

Dr. Tomey accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tomey

3.6

Dr. Tomey?
  • Wait times (20)
  • Appointment scheduling (16)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (15)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
I had Plantar's Fascia release surgery in December of 2017; it did not go well. I had excessive scarring that had been unsuccessfully treated with PT over the course of two and a half years. After suffering numerous injuries as a result of compensating for the pain in my foot, my PT was about to give up on my being able to resume an active lifestyle. Knowing Dr. Tomey had just invested in state of the art Laser technology, I approached him about my situation. Over the course of a month, he was able to treat me with a series of Laser treatments, breaking up the scar tissue. My PT was amazed at the results! He could no longer feel the scarring and I had regained mobility in my foot. I can now run again and resume activities I had not done in over three years! I am even able to wear normal shoes without orthotics.
CH in Cary, NC – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I visited recently on recommendation from a friend. I was very pleased with the visit, Dr. Tomey handled my issue very well, gave me good advice. He and the staff were very careful about masks, social distancing, etc. I was glad I didn't read the reviews before going as the negative reviews, which I totally disagree with, might have turned me off and I am so glad I went. I will be back.
Cecelia – Jun 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
He was honest and thorough! I have been to two other practices in the area due to bunions and painful feet. One of them performed an unnecessary surgery on a callous! Then I found Dr. Tomey. He gave me the correct diagnosis, I’m following his direction and feeling much better. Staff is nice, little difficult to get in immediately but he is a one man office.
Apex, NC – Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I am new to the area and required podiatry care. Dr. Tomey, and his staff, were great. Dr. Tomey was in the moment with me, asked questions, listened well, and gave me a lot of information re: my status. Very glad to have found his office and I definitely recommend him to all.
Jack DiCiaccio – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
Dr. Tomey is a skilled practitioner. He treated my teenage son and was considerate and spent the time needed to take care of his issue with no problems or residuals, one visit!! The staff was friendly. I would recommend this office without reservation.
Morrisville, NC – Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
Customer service is the worse! I was called about a payment that I was told had not been made; I ordered a pair of shows. I was told they could not place order unless I paid up front, which I did. Three weeks later I get a call that I did not pay, which I did. I called and of course no one could talk to me at that time. I was told someone would get back to me, I waited 3 days no call, I called again, no could talk to me, I waited 5 days called again.
jrheger in Mchenry IL – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I saw Dr. Toomey with acute plantar faciitis. He was able to reduce my extreme pain to a manageable level with one visit. On the second visit he helped me learn many methods to deal with this chronic condition. The whole office staff was friendly and very helpful. I just wish I had gone sooner.
Dan Potter in Cary, NC – May 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I'm an experienced reviewer (24,000 people have read my reviews.) This is an outstanding practice and doctor. They got me in immediately and took care of my problem with a very professional and friendly manner. He explained the options to me and I was treated with the best of care. He was great and his employees are also very good with smiles and great attitudes. I hightly recommend this doctor!
George OBrien in Cary, NC – May 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I took my son to see Dr. Tomey for a plantar wart that just would not go away. We were treated great from the moment I called the office to schedule his first appointment to the last appointment (which was a few days ago). The doctor took time to explain the condition to us, how it occurs and the best way to treat it. He was friendly, engaging and made us feel comfortable. Should I, or anyone I know, ever need a foot and ankle specialist again I will definitely call Dr. Tomey's office.
Denise Ketzes (mother of patient) in Cary, NC – Apr 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I have been long time patient of Dr Tomey but no longer..his staff isn't what it use to be resulting in 3 extra trips after errors made on staff's part..in today's world when you pay for product a certain way & its delivered greatly less than promised you go elsewhere to give your business..Dr Tomey is a good Doctor, but his staff..not so much.. I can NO LONGER refer or recommend Cary Foot & Ankle to my family in friends on the grounds of incompetence headed by staff (patient & office)
Tony in Raleigh NC – Mar 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I am 66 years old this is the first doctor I have ever got up and walked out on this is the poorest excuse for a medical practitioner I have ever seen I would go to my veterinarian before I go back to him
SS in Middlesex North Carolina – Mar 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I was not satisfied with my visit to this specialist. When I described my foot pain, I was told it was because of the improper shoes us women wear. How completing insulting and unprofessional to list that as a medical reason for pain. When I asked what was wrong with the shoes I wore into the visit, there was no response because they were completely appropriate. I would not recommend this practice for any reason
Kathleen in Cary, NC – Feb 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Tomey?

At Cary Foot and Ankle Specialists, we pride ourselves on providing quality care to patients of all ages ranging from young children to the geriatric population....Read more

• Podiatry