Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM

21 Reviews
Dr. Tomey

Cary Foot & Ankle Specialists

3731 NW Cary Pkwy Ste 100 Cary, NC 27513

Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Cary, NC and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Finch University Of Health Sciences / Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine in 1997 and specializes in podiatry and podiatric surgery.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Good nurse communication Patients said they had good communication with nurses. See hospitals

Dr. Tomey accepts

Dr. Tomey accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Blue Options PPO
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check Dr. Tomey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tomey's Top Procedures and Conditions

Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed

Dr. Tomey performs Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed more than 73% of his peers

Dr. Tomey performs this procedure more than 73% of his peers

Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Dr. Tomey performs Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment more than 71% of his peers

Dr. Tomey performs this procedure more than 71% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Ankle Fracture Repair

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Tomey?
Dr. Tomey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM
He was honest and thorough! I have been to two other practices in the area due to bunions and painful feet. One of them performed an unnecessary surgery on a callous! Then I found Dr. Tomey. He gave me the correct diagnosis, I’m following his direction and feeling much better. Staff is nice, little difficult to get in immediately but he is a one man office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I am new to the area and required podiatry care. Dr. Tomey, and his staff, were great. Dr. Tomey was in the moment with me, asked questions, listened well, and gave me a lot of information re: my status. Very glad to have found his office and I definitely recommend him to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
Dr. Tomey is a skilled practitioner. He treated my teenage son and was considerate and spent the time needed to take care of his issue with no problems or residuals, one visit!! The staff was friendly. I would recommend this office without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
Customer service is the worse! I was called about a payment that I was told had not been made; I ordered a pair of shows. I was told they could not place order unless I paid up front, which I did. Three weeks later I get a call that I did not pay, which I did. I called and of course no one could talk to me at that time. I was told someone would get back to me, I waited 3 days no call, I called again, no could talk to me, I waited 5 days called again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I saw Dr. Toomey with acute plantar faciitis. He was able to reduce my extreme pain to a manageable level with one visit. On the second visit he helped me learn many methods to deal with this chronic condition. The whole office staff was friendly and very helpful. I just wish I had gone sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I'm an experienced reviewer (24,000 people have read my reviews.) This is an outstanding practice and doctor. They got me in immediately and took care of my problem with a very professional and friendly manner. He explained the options to me and I was treated with the best of care. He was great and his employees are also very good with smiles and great attitudes. I hightly recommend this doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I took my son to see Dr. Tomey for a plantar wart that just would not go away. We were treated great from the moment I called the office to schedule his first appointment to the last appointment (which was a few days ago). The doctor took time to explain the condition to us, how it occurs and the best way to treat it. He was friendly, engaging and made us feel comfortable. Should I, or anyone I know, ever need a foot and ankle specialist again I will definitely call Dr. Tomey's office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I have been long time patient of Dr Tomey but no longer..his staff isn't what it use to be resulting in 3 extra trips after errors made on staff's part..in today's world when you pay for product a certain way & its delivered greatly less than promised you go elsewhere to give your business..Dr Tomey is a good Doctor, but his staff..not so much.. I can NO LONGER refer or recommend Cary Foot & Ankle to my family in friends on the grounds of incompetence headed by staff (patient & office)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I am 66 years old this is the first doctor I have ever got up and walked out on this is the poorest excuse for a medical practitioner I have ever seen I would go to my veterinarian before I go back to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?
I was not satisfied with my visit to this specialist. When I described my foot pain, I was told it was because of the improper shoes us women wear. How completing insulting and unprofessional to list that as a medical reason for pain. When I asked what was wrong with the shoes I wore into the visit, there was no response because they were completely appropriate. I would not recommend this practice for any reason
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Tomey, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Tomey?

At Cary Foot and Ankle Specialists, we pride ourselves on providing quality care to patients of all ages ranging from young children to the geriatric population. Our goals are to provide the highest quality of foot care, inform and educate the patien...

• Podiatry
  • Podiatric Surgery

1999
Loretto Hosp
1997
Finch University Of Health Sciences / Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine
1992
Auburn University

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tomey treats patients.

Rex Hospital

Raleigh, NC

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2017)

68% Patient experience rating, 1% lower than the national average