Dr. Michael Tollison, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Michael Tollison, MD

Dr. Michael Tollison, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Greenville, SC. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Tollison is affiliated with Bon Secours St. Francis Health System - St. Francis - Downtown.

...See Less

Dr. Tollison's Experience

See how Dr. Tollison's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tollison

Dr. Tollison accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Tollison is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Tollison has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tollison's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tollison to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Tollison's Performance
in Clemson, SC |
Dr. Tollison is a wonderful doctor. My husband went into his office with a ruptured achilles tendon. Dr. Tollison originally planned for surgery the next week, but after further checking on my husband during the visit, he did an emergency surgery for the next day. He called and texted us to check on my husband. He has continued to check on him and has done everything possible to control his pain. We are very pleased with Dr. Tollison and his staff.
I would not recommend Dr. TOLLISON to my worst enemy. My foot is ruined forever. I went to him for hammertoe surgery. My foot is deformed and one toe stands straight up. The pain has been horrible. I will be an inflammatory medicine forever. I have developed arthritis so severe, I have to use a handicap placard. No shoe fits correctly. It has been 3 years since my surgery. Stay away from this man.
Taylors, SC |
Very nice. Never enough time with him. Not enough explanation of procedure getting ready to have because he is always in a hurry. The office time is always a half hour plus each time. After the procedure my issue is still not right. There was no follow up appointment in the future.
Easley, SC |
The bottom line, was worse off after the visit than before. Went in for a pain on the top of my food. After all was said and done: have difficulty walking. His only interest was being a salesman for Garners Health Foods store. Had to go see a qualified physician to help remedy the problem. Still have difficulty walking which I did not have before the visit. My advice: find another physician.
Greer, SC |
Have been a happy patient of POA since a sports-related knee injury when I was 12. I'd been with my sports med docs for 18 years. No more. I had a serious foot injury in July. It was the first time I'd seen Dr Tollison. Ugh. I waited in the lobby for 90 minutes before I was called back, and then wheeled off to x-ray. He came in the room and tossed x-rays at me and said, "Nothing wrong, go to PT!", he didn't even look at it! Next day I was in ER with staph in my foot. X-ray showed 3 fractures.
in Greer, SC |
Dr. Tollison was highly recommended to me by another professional. I am so happy I listened to the advice. The surgery went very well and was explained to me and my family in detail. His team was very supportive, compassionate and helpful. After the surgery he personally followed up regularly to see how I was doing and if I had any concerns or questions. My Achilles Tendon is healing very well and I had no issues. I would highly recommend Dr. Tollison.
in Greenville, SC |
Dr. Tollison is a wonderful surgeon. He did a bunionectomy for me and it has worked perfectly. The healing process was exactly the way and in the time frame he told me I could expect. My foot looks and feels the best it has in over 50 years.
Simpsonville, SC |
Tollison is a horrible doctor. He did bunion surgery on my right foot last May. It is now February. My foot has been hurting since August. At the final check-up I told him I couldn't move my big toe. He said the x-rays were fine & he couldn't understand why I couldn't move it. I went to my former orthopedic doctor in Atlanta who operated on the left foot bunion (a beautiful job) and he told me that Tollison had broken my toe in three places. I will never be ok. Have to have surgery again
Have you seen Dr. Michael Tollison, MD?
Are you Dr. Tollison?

Compare Dr. Tollison

Dr. Tollison's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Tollison has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tollison's Board Certifications

• Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Medical University Of South Carolina

Graduated in 1987

Greenville Hospital System

Dr. Tollison does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tollison and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tenotomy