Dr. Michael Thomas, DO

Pain ManagementMaleAge 57

Pain Management

Dr. Michael Thomas, DO is a Pain Management Specialist in Yakima, WA and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Oklahoma State Univ Center For Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1991. He is affiliated with medical facilities Jackson Memorial Hospital and Uhealth Tower. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Michael Thomas, DO

Central Washington Endocrine Center

111 S 11th Ave Ste 321 Yakima, WA 98902

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thomas

I had both cervical and lumbar fusion by Dr. Thomas and it was the best medical decision i ever made. I feel 100% awesome. As a 55 year old man, I have complete functionality and move better and without pain for the first time in a decade.
Alix Newbould – Nov 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
I suffered for years with Neck pain, because I was very skeptical about having spine surgery to correct the issue. However, after meeting with Dr. Thomas, he took the time to explain, in detail, the procedure and recovery and really made me more comfortable with proceeding. The surgery went well and the recovery was exactly how Dr. Thomas indicated and I was very happy that I had the surgery. I am pain free and very happy. Thank you to Dr. Thomas and his team.
Frazer Fulton – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
My spine fusion and recovery was most impressive. His personal caring and "listening" is to be commended. His entire team is very available and responsive.
Oswald Wineberg – Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
Dr. Thomas is an extraordinarily skilled spinal surgeon as well as a truly lovely person. I had a spinal fusion with another ortho surgeon about 1 1/2 years ago which left me with the same back pain I had before the surgery as well as a new pain in one of my legs. After 1 1/2 years of non-surgical treatments, I finally decided to search for another surgeon. Lucky for me, I found Dr. Thomas. Now, six weeks after surgery, my leg pain is totally gone and my back is so much better! I feel we are blessed here in Orlando to have such a top notch spine surgeon available. His amazing caring attitude and terrific bedside manner are just icing on the cake!
Hankins Filberte – Oct 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
Dr. Thomas is the most skilled and thoughtful surgeon I have ever met. He goes above and beyond for his patients and makes sure prep, surgery, and post op are smooth sailing. So grateful to have found him!
Titos Peach – Oct 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
I knew that I needed a fusion in my spine at the L4-L5 level for a long time. However, I had put it off for so long because of the pain and long recovery that I saw with people that had spinal fusions. I eventually decided to go forward with the surgery. After seeing multiple surgeons, I chose Dr. Thomas as he does minimally invasive spine surgery. I had a minimally invasive spine fusion at L4-L5 and went home the very next day. The nerve pain in my legs was gone and I only had what I would describe as ‘soreness’ in my back where the surgery was. People couldn’t believe that I had a spine fusion because I was doing so well. I hope that if anyone needs a spine fusion they read this first and go to Dr. Thomas. He was outstanding from start to finish!
Bran Tufton – Oct 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
My husband is now 5 weeks out post op. I can say that he is starting to feel like this surgery has helped him improve overall. Pain in back has decreased from an 8/10 to 3/10 during this 5th week it takes time for all to heal properly. We would and have recommended friends to go see Dr. Thomas. He is an excellent surgeon. He has the whole package is very patient oriented, professional and skilled. Truly was a God sent for my husband. My husband had numerous tests an back surgery and none of his surgery helped. Wish we could have found him in 2010 when all my husbands back issues started. Highly recommend he is the best.
Carey Bentley – Oct 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
I went to Dr. Thomas after months of being in severe unrelenting sciatic pain and getting strung along by another local practice. Dr. Thomas was so empathetic and patient in explaining everything to me. Dr. Thomas, Sarra and Iryna are all people who genuinely care about their patients. After a microdiscectomy, I have my life back. I am forever grateful and would never go anywhere else.
Doyle Hickey – Oct 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
Dr. Thomas is the best surgeon ever!! I was so worried about having spine surgery at a young age. He and his staff worked above and beyond to make sure I got the treatment I needed! He is an outstanding surgeon and he will change your life!
Field Shores – Oct 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
I had severe, sometimes debilitating, sciatic pain in my left leg caused by an L5-S1 disc herniation. I tried cortisone injections (3 times), 8 weeks of PT. All temporary. Had a consultation with Dr. Thomas and he was incredibly helpful. Didn't feel forced or under any pressure to get surgery. He was very clear about risks and recovery timelines. I moved forward and had a microdiscectomy. I was in the OR at noon and was out walking with minor pain by 3:30 PM. I am now pain free for the first time in years. If you're considering back surgery, Dr. Thomas is considered by other doctors to be one of, if not the best at what he does (I know, because I asked around).
Alic Stourton – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
I've had several surgeries with a previous surgeon and never felt like my back was truly improving until Dr. Thomas did my last spine surgery and I have felt the most relief with one spine surgery with Dr Thomas. Sad to see him leave he truly changed the quality of my life. I thank him and my children thank him. Miracle surgeon!!! Cannot thank him enough!
Ermanno Cal – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
Saw this doctor today after feeling pretty hopeless. His empathy and bedside manner impressed me immediately. Not like the others who rushed me out and offered majorly crazy surgery (I am considerably young and do not want surgery). I feel confident in his approach, he took the time to thoroughly explain everything, and I finally see a light at the end of this tunnel of the worst ongoing pain of my life. Very impressed. Great experience so far. Wait time was a little long but I can see why.
Bruce En – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
An amazing doctor that goes very in-depth through every portion of the visit. An amazing specialist, I highly recommend him to everyone!
May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?
Dr. Thomas is the best! He has a great bedside manner and goes out of his way for his patients. I feel very comfortable when I see him and trust him immensely.
ANDREA FELBINGER in DELRAY BEACH, FL – Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Thomas, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Thomas?