Dr. Michael Swinyard, MD

Dr. Michael Swinyard, MD

Pediatric Endocrinology | Male | 60 years old

44 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

As health care providers affiliated with St. Luke's Children's Hospital, we believe that all children should have access to the highest quality health care services available, regardless of their condition or their family's ability to pay. The Children's Hospital is home to a wide variety of experienced pediatric subspecialists who are committed to the health and wellness of all children.Read more

Dr. Swinyard's Experience

See how Dr. Swinyard's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swinyard

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Swinyard has admitting privileges.

Dr. Swinyard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swinyard to family and friends
3.4
Experience with Dr. Swinyard
Dr. Swinyard's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (36)
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My daughter was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism at birth and we have moved a few times, so I have been to 3 other Endocrinologist over the years. He would not read her blood work and prescribe her medication until I took her in for a hand x-ray and thyroid ultrasound. These both ended up being very expensive. None of the other Endocrinologists even suggested doing this, just blood work. I think it is ridiculous that I felt forced into the other tests so that I could get her medication.
in Herriman UT |
Dr Swinyard ran a lengthy series of tests on my daughter-blood work, urine, bone x-ray, pelvic ultrasound, 5 hour growth hormone test and a brain MRI. They were invasive and expensive. She was diagnosed as having growth hormone deficiency. After all of these tests he told us insurance doesn't pay-which he would have known from day one. She has since been diagnosed by another Dr. with Turner Syndrome and hypothyroidism. She will need lifetime care which he completely missed after all those tests.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I would not be where I am today without Dr. Swinyard. He was the one that was able to find the obscure brain tumor I had. He was the one that guided my family and me all throughout my treatment. He was always so understanding and comforting. During my appointments, he would always talk directly to me (not my parents) and always made sure I understood everything that was happening. He was incredibly patient with my parents as well, who didn't understand english medical terminology very well.
in Logan, UT |
Great doctor with a horrible staff.
New York, NY |
I like Dr. Swinyard, but his staff is the worst I have ever met. It takes at least 10 phone calls to get a refill between my pharmacy and them, the billing staff has billed me instead of my son even when I pointed it out. They did it again while I was on the phone. I am trying to switch Drs, but I can't because the other Dr wants to see medical records. I sent my signed request a month ago and they still haven't sent them over.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Swinyard, MD?
Are you Dr. Swinyard?

Compare Dr. Swinyard

Dr. Swinyard's Care Philosophy

Dr. Swinyard's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Endocrinology
    •  Board certified in Pediatric Endocrinology

Dr. Swinyard has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Swinyard's Board Certifications

• Pediatric Endocrinology

• Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
    • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
    • Diabetes Type 1

Completed in 1987

Chldns Hospital

Completed in 1991

Completed in 1988

Dr. Swinyard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swinyard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Endocrinology

Dr. Swinyard does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Swinyard and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.