Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Michael Sullivan, MD
Dr. Michael Sullivan, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Kingsport, TN. He is 63 years old. Dr. Sullivan is affiliated with Indian Path Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical Center.

2204 Pavilion Dr Ste 108

Learn about Dr. Sullivan

See how frequently Dr. Sullivan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Duodenal Ulcer
Enteritis
Esophageal Ulcer

Dr. Sullivan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
    Medical School | Graduated
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sullivan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sullivan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sullivan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sullivan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sullivan to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Sullivan's Performance
Kingsport, TN |
I'm disabled and can't drive, so I have unreliable transportation and schedule due to health flares. This is the only practice I've ever seen in my life where they'll let go of a patient for 'rescheduling too many appointments' NO, not missing appointments but rescheduling. I've always rescheduled at least a week before appointments so they can get someone else in place of me. ''Rescheduling is the same as missing appointments'' On top of that, no warning! Just discharged? Absolutely Ridiculous!
in Bristol, VA |
I saw Dr Sullivan several years ago for stomach issues. I was anxious about being knocked out for endoscopy bc another doctor had NOT put me under. Dr Sullivan was kind and showed compassion. He promised me I WOULD be out and I was! While I was there he discovered my BP was staying too low and told me to speak with my personal doctor. I thought he was great! The only negative I can comment on is having to see a NP for all followups.Her prep for colonoscopy ridiculous.Couldn't do it.Dehydrated!
Gray, TN |
I have been seeing him for periodic check-ups for years. He and his staff are friendly and you get your results fast. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a doctor to address throat, stomach or bowel concerns.
in Johnson City, TN |
No, I would not recommend. I haven't had my colonoscopy yet, but based on my pre-procedure experience, I'm not confident. When the lab took blood, the lab workers allowed a CNA to train drawing blood from my arm. When the CNA could not get any blood to enter the syringe, the lab person walked over, twisted the needle sideways about 90 degrees and left a hematoma larger than a quarter, and very much raised.
in Johnson City, TN |
Staff was rude. Production line medicine at it's worst. I was on a 5 day prep and do not see why the prep was so long. The staff would not give me an estimate of time for the procedure even though I arrived at 07:00 for a 07:30 appointment. The facility could use a good cleaning and coat of paint. The wait was like a Disney World line. You wait in one room only to be moved to another room to wait some more.
in Kingsport, TN |
Endoscopy/colonoscopy scheduled 1 wk apart. Endo 1st, routine check in/out. Colonoscopy 7 days later. Instructions are to not drive a vehicle & after getting home office called to say they needed a document pronto in order to have the proper filing of ins. since I had to miss work. Dr. Sullivan distinctly told the girl he would not bill ins. if they did not have signed that day -had to make trip under orders not to drive & I am sick for being put to sleep 2 x so close 2gether THEY ADMITTED
in Doylestown, PA |
Clue number 1 dr Sullivan doesnt see patients. He puts it of on a np who doesnt care about you as a patient. I received a call about my test results that was the rudist call of my life. I would not recommend this place even for my animals.
POUND |
I would never go back to this Dr. There is nothing good I can say about this clinic
in Kingsport, Tn |
It was awful to say the least! They couldn't evev get an IV needle in me. I told the nurse I was a hard stick but she said she could do it. Aftet checkinf my arm, she decided on my hand. A bit paunful but could deal with it. Then she tried my foot. Dear god, that hurt! After about 30 seconds of that, I said No More. Left with no exam. Will not EVER return.
Palm Coast, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Sullivan after a hospital stay. I never met Dr. Sullivan, he sees no patients. Shane Barger, a NP. does the roll of doctor, but has little knowledge of the pancreatitis illness and needs to go back to school and get a doctor degree so that he can learn how to do Dr Sullivans job. I was treated for over a year with Dexilant for acid re flux, I learned by letter from Wallgreens that no patient should be on any PPI for more than 8 weeks. I do not recommend this practice.
Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Sullivan is a good doctor. He is excellent with doing procedures, but he doesn't see patients. I want to see a doctor when I am sick not an assistant.
in Kingsport, TN |
I had problems after an endoscopy. They have done absolutely nothing to help me. I still can't eat or drink without choking. I'm not even able to keep enough fluids down to stay hydrated. Dr. Sullivan himself is nice but his nurse practitioner, Shane Barger, is an idiot. He must be new because he seems to know nothing about GI issues. Don't waste your time or money going to see him. You will not get anything done. It's pointless to even try.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Sullivan, MD?
Are you Dr. Sullivan?