Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO

Dr. Stretanski
Telehealth services available

Interventional Spine & Pain Rehab

1221 S Trimble Rd Ste B1 Mansfield, OH 44907

Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Mansfield, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Institute For Orthopaedic Surgery and Lima Memorial Health System. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Stretanski to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Stretanski's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stretanski treats Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome more than 99% of his peers

Fibromyalgia

Dr. Stretanski treats Fibromyalgia more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Stretanski treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deposition Disease-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Epstein Barr Virus-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Major Depressive Disorder-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Primary Fibromyalgia
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Secondary Fibromyalgia
  • Sleep Disturbance-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Tension Myositis-Related Fibromyalgia
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Stretanski's conditions and procedures:

• Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Stretanski accepts

Dr. Stretanski accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

3.5

2.5316455696202533%
2.5316455696202533%

Dr. Stretanski

Had to have surgeyr from Dr Fumich, but Dr MIke called to check on me. Saw him for one thing that lead to another. He did a nerve study and popped me. I liked that. If he says he's going to pop you, just let him - try to think of something else and don't fight it. He's lightening quick and it feels so good.
Cassidy – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
he put this pump in me and I can always get ahold of him. I ended up admitted to the wrong hospital for the wrong reason. Mike did a facetime with me and the ER nurse wasthere talking to him but really didn't seem to want to hear what he had to say. When I finally got out we went straight to his office in mansfield and found out my pump was broken and stopped a week ago. He put me back in the hospital and fixed it. we should have gone to him first
Dec 15, 2021
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 12, 2021
No one has waited more than 15 min since the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
Geroge Burns Microchipped my Mom!!! Was able to discuss old humor with my Mom about George and Gracie Allen. Eventually placed a neurostimulator and we talked to him and Jandi every day during the temporary. Never had a doc place his cellphone in my Mom's phone and HE SHOWED HER HOW TO FIND IT. He literally showed her how to find his number in her phone and call him. We could not have been happier and the stimulator is working great for her
George Burns Microchipped my Mom!!! – Jun 28, 2021
Very professional
Teresa Hefner – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
No I would not recommend Dr. Stretanksi. He was rude. He did not care about anything I had to say. He disregarded all questions I asked. He was very quick with the office visit. I still have unanswered questions as to what's wrong with my arm. He wouldn't listen to anything I had to say.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Hannah Lewis – Apr 23, 2021
No one by your name is or ever was a patient of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
I told Dr Stretanski up front that I am in chronic pain & wanted something other than another surgery. I wanted a plan of managing my pain. He listened! I really like how up front & honest he is with his patients. He talked with me on my level & offered me another option. I am happy to have Dr Strtanski in my corner!
Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
We've not seen him in 8 years, but when I'm reading some of these reviews I thought I should say something. Obviously not a pediatrician, but only peds trained doctor for BTX between Cleveland and Ohio State. The office is not set up for kids, so they took us right back, we didn't wait with the adults. I've been taking my son, who has CP for injections for 4 years now, otherwise, he can't walk and they always make such a huge deal out of it but this doc was like "ok let's get this done" He was really efficient and we were out of there in like 20 mins, instead of it being a whole day project at Children's. He talked about Harry Potter, then Bear in the Big Blue House and my son never cried the way he did when the residents trying to hold onto him. It's too bad the insurance would let us see him and makes us drive and spend the day
great with kids – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
was sent for an electrical study on my hands for carpal tunnel. He said "there are two parts to the test, first you'll get some little electrical snaps then I might need to put a pin in the muslces." at any point you can say stop, and I will stop. He's an OSU doctor and talked smoothly to me the whole time, definately a Penn State fan. I was not looking forward to this but he was personable and a bit of a comedian and he got me through it.
electrical check – Apr 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
(for my Grandma). found Dr stretanski Lima when spine surgeon said get some shots. Dr. Mike went through hell with my grandmother, bad joints,4 spine surgeries 2 cancers. He put his cellphone in her phone and showed her how to use it. when my grandmother likes a doctor it's a big deal she doesn't like any of her doctors. that one injection has turned into an implanted brain stimulator to block her pain. everyone involved from Dr Mike, his nurse, the girl who programs the computer has been great. I was skeptical about a microchip in my grandma but she was so insistent. She made me bring her back from Texas for Dr Mike. He was warm, attentive and caring with us. I mean the guy was teasing my Gma about George Burns and Gracie, it seemed like a but much but my Gma ate it up. He was also very calculative. He's very precise about the questions he asks you, and that part of his persona is icy. He knows what he wants to know, and he and sits w you and listens. He quoted some research, i
George Burns microchipped my grandmother – Apr 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
Saw this guy in Lima. Was not keen on a shot from a doc I never met - been through this 5-7 times and none were good. The nurse seemed like she was trying to rush him - he gave her a kind look and she disappeared. At first, I thought he was almost too smooth but he did a shot in my back and I almost never knew it. Seriously, he talks about anything and everything and YOU HAVE NO IDEA HE IS DONE!!! An honest and very elegant man - seems much older than he looks. Very Very smooth. I called a week later and he called back himself on his cellphone - too bad he's a Penn State Fan, but I trust him anyway.
Smooth straight shooter – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
The Doctor was friendly, very knowledgeable, and answered all my questions. The exam was quick and easy.
Andrea Lutz – Nov 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
I had an injection for my neck 2 week’s ago. He said he wanted to check me in 2 weeks. Got an alert saying I had an appointment for today. When I got there the staff seemed confused and said they had me down for an injection. I said I already had one . They said well do you want another one ? I said I was here for the dr to go over my progress. They said we will work you in. Once the dr saw me he said I should get another injection and I needed a traction device. He left the room without much explanation. I asked the assistant for a refill on a med. She said she’d take care of it. I never got a notification that they did. They then sent me to PT. After much confusion there they told me I should look on Amazon for the traction device. I left over 2 hours later completely frustrated. They never told me how to proceed with the process. I feel like they abandoned me. I went there 6 weeks ago and don’t feel like they want to help me. I am still in pain and concerned .
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
Really liked this doctor....he was very informative and really wanted to help with the pain I was having.
Don Donnelly – Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
First of all he took FANTASTIC care of my Dad, who was Army Green Beret in Vietnam. He listened carefully and cut us off when he asked questions that he needed. He talked to my dad like a regular guy about stuff my dad doesn't usually talk about. He was very precise about my dad's pain where most doc's were just like ok your bacjk hurts" Dr Mike might seem of icy but he's really just focused and warm and he keeps asking questions where nobody else cared. My dad - who doesn't like anyone esp not doctors - said " that man there ... there's a real doctor" My dad says he walks and moves like he was SF community and says all those guys are like that. I grew up around bases my whole life and recognize that swagger - the way he moves and how he talks. He's not arrogant, he just knows he's got a job to do and he's 100% sure he will get it done. Dad let him inject his back without a question - I was stunned!! and it was fast. I kind of want to see him now for my fibromyalgia but he's
My Dad liked him - not easy – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
What an elegant man. He is a small dog following him that was so clean and sweet and smelled so good. Unfortunately, if you look at his reviews you have 25 people that give a one and everybody else loves him. This is because he doesn't deal with drug addicts. When you walk in and are expecting any kind of medication a third party lab (someone that doesn't work for him) collects a urine drug sample on you. If it is positive for something bad like heroin, marijuana, cocaine they will know within minutes. I saw an angry screaming patient (who I really think it looks like she's on the verge of death), complaining that she couldn't get narcotics and therefore he was responsible for her having to do cocaine. His secretary had already called 911 and he was an absolute ice cube. It obvious he's done a lot of emergency care because he didn't blink or escalate when he told her he wouldn't press charges she went in the rehab. She kicked the chair over screaming about drugs4 her husband etc.
carl – Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!!! this man has the best hands. master neck manipulator - knows an awful lot about medication interactions and safety. really gentle and down to earth. little puppy dog in the office and he says he lives at her house. takes real good care of fibromyalgia patients - does not write a lot of narcotics, so if you are a druggie - don't waste his time.
Wade – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
wonderful and kind. I have no idea how he deals with all the drug seeker and addicts that try and lie to him. His staff has always been very good and offered water and coffee. There was a drunk man outside the office who asked "this doc, does he do drug screens?" I walked past and told Dr Mike - he called the police. we need to keep him in Mansfield, but sometimes his pants don't match his shirt
forelorn – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
well loved and respected. when the office dog died, he got cards and flowers - from manof us.When you are sick as I am youbecome a bit of a conoseuer of new Doctors My rheumatologist sent me and "I've got to break in a new kid" but he's older. website says 46 but I doubt quite that old. When you look him up on medline it's impressive - I'm a retired nurse - butalso onlinehe's done some engineering stuff looks military and he seems to look that part. I look at my doctors almost like my chefs - I really don't need to get to know you if you do your job well, but really is so personable that I like talking to him. It's incredible and the way he treats his students - I wish we had more like him when I was a nur. All I'll say is Lord help whatever woman is trying to dress this man. Dr Mike is cleanshaven,usually has light cologne and I can tell he has good clothes, but it seems if you gave him 100 pants&100 shirts and let him decide - he would pick out the only two that did not match.
phenomenal! strong, gentle, kind, but needs a ward – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?
I have been treated by Dr. Mike for almost 10 yrs. for lower back pain, upper neck pain, and hip. He always eliminates or greatly reduces pain that he has treated thru his various methods including injections or removing nerve shaft in affected area. He is able to relieve pain to the point where I seldom have to take a pain pill or even an aspirin. My back and neck areas that can't be operated on so he is my only relief without having pain control unit implanted. Pain medications do not help
Nancy Tate in Columbus, OH – Jun 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stretanski, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Stretanski?
Provider explaining information to patient