Dr. Michael Stover, MD

Dr. Michael Stover, MD

Non-Surgical Orthopedics  |

Dr. Michael Stover, MD is a non-surgical orthopedics doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care

259 E Erie St Fl 13

Chicago, IL 60611

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Stover

Video

See how frequently Dr. Stover performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Stover's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stover ""Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives." "

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
  • Carolinas Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Hospital Of Good Samaritan
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Stover has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stover does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stover and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stover's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stover to family and friends
Dr. Stover's Performance
in Bolingbrook, IL |
I am really satisfied with Dr. Stover service and I am strongly recommend him to my friends and family.
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr Stover is an excellent hip surgeon specializing in the anterior method. I am 2 weeks post surgery today and practically off my cane and walking freely with NO Pain!! He is a straightforward easy to discuss your issues with professional!! I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of hip evaluation!!
in Highland Park, IL |
Very professional and helpful team. They kept in touch with me prior and after the surgery everyday by message which I found very helpful. Any question or concern I had was quickly answered and resolved. Dr Stover clearly explained my options and set my expectations. The hip replacement was much less painful than I expected and much more mobility than expected right after the surgery.. I would and have recommended Dr Stover and his team to family and friends.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Stover and his team amazed me. The surgery was surprising ly easy, recovery very rapid, incision very small and neatly done. They didn’t miss a beat in the process and listened, cared, followed up with a level of detail I would have thought impossible. On a scale from 1-10 - Dr. Stover and his team are 11!
in Chicago, IL |
I had my hip done last November and it has been a nightmare for the past seven months. I am so thankful I found Dr. Stover and his team. They are extremely professional and efficient and I am amazed at the amount of usable information I have been given. I know everything that was going to be done and it was explained in laymens terms. I have emailed with several questions since the procedure and they have ALWAYS gotten back to me almost immediately. I would definitely recommend him and his team.
in Joliet, IL |
The reviews I read mirror my experience with Dr. Stover. Gifted surgeon, comsumate professional, - very talented, disciplined and yet personable. I am thrilled I did my research and chose the best in the country to replace my hip. A year out, ea h day I praise God and Dr. Stover for the gift of pain-free mobility. I hadn't realized what had been lost until I experience life and it's works!
in South New Berlin, NY |
I'm absolutely thrilled with my entire surgical experience with Dr. Stover and his team! From the very first appointment until now, I have been treated professionally, compassionately, and with an expertise that continually put me totally at ease. Dr. Stover advocates the anterior approach for a total hip replacement. Now that I've experienced both the posterior (7 years ago) and anterior, I am a huge advocate as well! My recovery has been flawless (AND Dr. Stover checks in daily via email)!
in Orland Park, IL |
I'm so grateful for Dr. Stover and his team! This experience has gone way better than I expected. Each of his staff members have been attentive, kind and supportive. I highly recommend Dr. Stover!
in Chicago, IL |
My first surgery took place twelve weeks ago, total hip replacement. I could not be more pleased with the outcome. Dr. Stover, his staff, and Northwestern have been organized, efficient, and skilled. I've been pain free from day 1, with zero complications to date. THAT'S what mattered to me the most. Bottom line: Dr. Stover did a wonderful job and performed with surgical skill when I needed it the most. Thank You Dr. Stover, Staff, and Northwestern Memorial Hospital!.
Chicago, IL |
Excellent experience
in Barrington, IL |
Dr. Stover is a straightforward doctor who knows what he's doing. He listens to his patients and addresses any questions or concerns they have. He's not "bothered" like other doctors when a patient researches their issue and he will have a conversation with the patient about the procedure, prognosis, concerns, and questions that the patient has. He gets 5 Stars from me!! I have not seen him in a few years because I need to schedule my 10 year follow-up.
in Murfreesboro Tennessee |
This man has a very special talent I came to him in need he found out the problem right away got me back to being normal I'm so thankful for you Dr. Stover
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. stover was definitely the right Dr. for me. He is a very skilled surgeon, a perfectionist when he operates but very honest and encouraging. His midly sarcastic humor puts you at ease. Dr. stover replaced my left hip in 2015 and recently the other hip. I have had no complications and both times I felt confident that I would be ok Also, he has a terrific team. His nurse, Jackie, his PA Karen and his resident Dr. Lawton are all highly skilled but very likable. I highly recommend Dr. Stover.
Dr. Stover is the absolute best! He listens, takes time, explains so a layman can understand. He also took time with my spouse and brought out a model to demonstrate what the problem was and how he would fix it. He inspired our confidence. He clearly cares about his patients and their families. Because my medical issue involved multiple disciplines, he worked very well with other doctors and their staffs. Most importantly, he's an extraordinary surgeon who is at the very top of his field.
in Aurora, IL |
I saw doctor Stover on a recommendation From another doctor Did not qualify for procedure Doctor Stover walk me through A total hip replacement Which I did Qualify for What a remarkable doctor My surgery went very well So far my recovery has gone extremely well I would recommend highly recommend doctor Stover for his expertise in this field I am so glad that I found doctor Stover
St Louis, MO |
My experience with Dr Stover was beyond my expectations. He immediately put me at ease honestly answering all my questions about my upcoming hip procedure and expectations post op. My hip is healing beautifully and he continues to stay involved in my progress. I drove from out of state to see Dr Stover and would highly recommend him to anyone.
in South Bend |
Dr. Stover performed an anterior hip replacement on my 36 year old hip. He is no nonsense and is fabulous at what he does. I did my research, and he is one of the best in the country. Many will say they perform anterior replacements, but it he has the experience. Staff is all helpful. Two years later pain free and doing great.
in Niles, il |
Concerned, clinical and an excellent surgeon. Quite to the point when talking with him and empathetic when you are his patient. Best ever traits in a surgeon. Remarkably good.
in Crystal Lake Illinois |
I fell off a roof at work and was put in a medically-induced coma. When I was brought out of it a week later I had learned I had broke my hips tailbone and all pelvis bone shattered including the iliac crest. I was also informed about my brain injury and ripped apart kidney and liver. Dr. Stover was able to put my body back together with the help of the organ doctors and I am fully functional including walking
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I am located in Baton Rouge, LA. I needed a PAO and Labrum reconstruction and my doctor does not perform this surgery. He recommended 2 surgeons. I chose Dr. Stover because his office, nurses and himself were very curtious. He called me and explains things to me over the phone even before my appt. During my appt, he was very thorough and answered all of my questions without rushing me. I did have surgery and I am 3 month p/o and couldn't be more satisfied with the results so far. Thanks Dr.!
in Wheaton, IL |
I had have a great experience with Dr. Stover and hope he remains my doctor for many years. He did my osteotomy in 2014 and is going to be doing surgery on my impingement soon. I completely trust him and recommend him! Awesome Doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Stover, MD?
Are you Dr. Stover?

Visit Dr. Stover

Dr. Stover accepts 13 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Advantage PPO

Hospitals where Dr. Stover has admitting privileges

Northwestern Memorial Hospital
251 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Stover at Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care

Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist