Dr. Michael D. Stifelman, MD

Oncology | Male | 49 years old

Hackensack University Medical Center
360 Essex St Ste 403
Hackensack, NJ 07601 Get Directions

Dr. Stifelman specializes in Oncology and practices in Hackensack, NJ. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Stifelman? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Stifelman's Experience

See how Dr. Stifelman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stifelman

Dr. Stifelman accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Stifelman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Stifelman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stifelman to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Stifelman
Dr. Stifelman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (35)
in Boca Raton, FL |
We live in Southeast Florida. When diagnosed with probable kidney cancer, we fid our homework and decided to travel to NJ to have Dr. Stifelman perform surhery. Dr. Stifelman is a very professional and knowledgeable physician. He is also kind and compassionate.
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
After a CT Scan had shown I developed a tumor on my kidney, I just wanted the best surgeon possible to treat me. I was referred to Dr. Michael Stifelman. He patiently answered every question and concern I had and I never felt rushed. I found him to be totally honest, sincere, caring, focused and most of all very confident. My surgery went extremely well. My recovery couldn't be going any better thanks to Dr.Michael and his competent staff. The Lord has blessed this doctor with "Golden Hands"
in Middlesex, NJ |
Dr. Stifelman can come across as very self-confidant, which some may find off-putting, but he walks the talk. He was able to remove my tumor, in a very precarious position, using the robot, taking clean margins, and leaving me with full functionality. By opting for robotic, versus traditional surgery, my recovery time is measured in weeks instead of months. Dr. Stifelman tells you exactly what he plans to do, and, after surgery explains exactly what was done. No one better in our area.
in Belgrade, Serbia |
My RP Fibrosis was solved w/robotic ureterolysis -it required experienced surgeon. Research led to Dr Stifelman. I live in Europe- to save my kidney, Dr Stifelman & his team organized my surgery ASAP. Dr S. is smart, kind, competent doctor, he gave me confidence that all will be well. 24h after surgery I ws up and walking - 2 mths on, my kidney is almost completely recovered, I am stent, prednisone & pain free. Brilliant doctor, carrying person. I highly recommend him. Many thanks, Dr. Michael
in Woodcliff Lake, NJ |
I was diagnosed with early stage prostrate cancer (Gleason 6) in August, 2016. I was offered options including active surveillance, radiation, and robotic prostatectomy. I elected surgery. Dr.Stifelman was recommended to me by a colleague of mine who is an oncologist (I am a physician). From the moment I met with him, I felt comfortable and confident. The surgery went well. I had minimal discomfort requiring only Tylenol following surgery. Dr. Stifelman is compassionate, smart, and honest.
in Tel Aviv, ISRAEL |
My renal carcinoma was particularly complicated as it required an especially delicate and expert removal. I ?had to find a surgeon with experience, one whom I could trust blindly. I embarked on an in-depth research ?into the world of urological surgeons, and there was no doubt about my surgeon of choice - Dr. Michael ?Stifelman.? The surgery was successful, as foreseen. I am so grateful to Dr. Stifelman and his staff. Their level of ?healthcare and professionalism is no less than outstanding.?
in Hackensack, NJ |
Dr. Stifelman is a rock star surgeon. Underwent a robotic ureterolysis with omental wrap surgery in July 2016 and just completed a follow-up. Everything looks great. Highly recommend Dr. Stifelman and his excellent staff in UHMC.
in Allendale, NJ |
Obviously, competence is of primary concern when selecting a surgeon. Researching and meeting Dr. Stifelman left me no doubt that I would have the best area surgeon operating on me. The fact that he was engaging and clearly communicated with me made the entire surgical experience remarkably anxiety-free and successful. His associates, who also visited me in the hospital, also get the highest grades. Dr. Stifelman and his office have my strongest recommendations.
in New York, NY |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stifelman. He is the absolute BEST surgeon for robotic surgery, and for kidney surgery in general. I had cancer on both my left and right kidneys. He was calm and reassuring, and put us at ease knowing we were in the best hands. Both surgeries went well - he saved both of my kidneys and I am now cancer-free. Thank you, Dr. Stifelman. My husband and I both agree - you saved my life and we are eternally grateful to you.
Clifton, NJ |
I was diagnosed with renal carcinoma. Dr Stifelman's office scheduled me for an appointment within the week I called. His staff worked to find an opening for my surgery which he performed within 10 days, even though they were booking out 2 months. Dr Stifelman was highly recommended by several of my doctors who described him as "brilliant". He's excellent and did a great job explaining my condition, surgery, recovery, pathology report and follow up visits/testing. He's also very personable.
in Highland Lakes, NJ 07422 |
It has been three weeks since my surgery and I can not thank Dr. Stifelman enough for all he did and said. Cancer is a scary word but under his care I felt my life moved in the right direction. He was open and honest with me and discussed our options. The surgery went well and recovery happened the way he said it would. His nurse, Jane Tregores, was very professional and helped put my mind at ease during recovery. They worked as a team with the hospital and staff.
in Teaneck, NJ |
Hice una cita para ver al Dr. Stifleman para una consulta y tan pronto que lo conocí supe que estaba en buenas manos. Dr. Stifelman es el mejor urólogo y lo recomiendo mucho. He visto un montón de doctores y nunca he conocido a un doctor como a el Dr. Stifelman. Él es único en su clase, es un doctor increíble.
in Eatontown, NJ |
My regular Urologist referred me to Dr. Stifelman, by telling me that "if he had to have the same procedure, Dr. Stifelman would be the doctor he would have do it." Dr. Stifelman is probably the most professional doctor I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He performed a robotic partial nephrectomy, and because of my size, it was a more complicated procedure. within two days, although a little uncomfortable, I was up, mobile and on the road to recovery.
in Beach Haven, NJ |
I picked Dr Stifelman for my robotic assisted prostatectomy and was very glad I did. He and the whole team are terrific. He does a great job explaining the process, his methodology and what to expect. More importantly he is very skilled. My surgery was successful and recovery was better than expected. Jane is the nurse that works with Dr Stifleman. She is equally impressive. Professional, thorough, caring and responsive. Lastly Hackensack Hospital is definitely the place to go for this.
in Rumson, NJ |
Trust is the most important word to use in describing Michael Stifelman. From my first meeting with him ten years ago it is that trust together with his professional medical training that defines him. I interviewed several top urologists before selecting Michael and have never regretted my choice. On every level, Ten years ago I put my life in Dr. Stifelman's able hands and I am glad that I did and I would make the same choice all over again today.
in Woodbury, CT |
A god sent cured me saved my life!
in Watchung, NJ |
Dr. Stifelman is the epitome of what a doctor should be ! Aside from his knowledge and professionalism, he is incredibly caring and devoted to his patients. On 2/25/16 he performed a radical prostatectomy on me. My tumor was a Gleason 9 and my recent 90 day follow up indicates my PSA is undetectable ! I've experienced none of the feared side effects because of Dr. Stifelman's skill as a surgeon. I would highly recommend him.
in Middletown, NJ |
As someone who spent decade avoiding doctors and with some fear of the worst case scenarios they may uncover, I truly feel blessed to have met Dr Stifelman. He was incredibly patient with my many questions (as a researcher, this is my nature), honest about his expectations and the potential course of treatment. He was thorough, methodical, honest, and gave me every confidence that through this approach I would recover. If you are considering seeing Dr Stifelman, I cannot give higher recommen
in New Rochelle |
Used the least invasive procedure and was able to save my kidney. He was very confident and was up front regarding all possible scenarios. He made me feel I was in the best possible care. Including his staff I feel I had the best care. I am recuperating quickly with no adverse reactions. Iam already getting back to normal. His bedside manners are impeccable and really cares. I'm beyond satisfied.
in New York |
Over a year ago , I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer and I taught it was the end , until I came into contact with this gentleman. It's because him I'm now cancer free and could live a normal life. Thank you Dr Stifelman for your wonders and compassion. May God bless you and your family and wonderful staff.
in Lawrenceville, NJ |
I was referred to Dr. Stifelman by a local urologist who told me I had kidney cancer. This Dr. said I needed to have my kidney removed right away. I went to Dr. Stifelman for a 2nd opinion. He looked at the same ct scan and told me it wasn't kidney cancer at all. It was Lymphoma. The other dr. was so smug too. Dr.Stifelman is just the opposite. He has a warm, friendly disposition for a surgeon of his stature. He referred me to a colleague at NYU a specialist in Lymphoma.Im on my way to recovery
Have you seen Dr. Michael D. Stifelman, MD?
Are you Dr. Stifelman?

Compare Dr. Stifelman

More Oncology Specialists like Dr. Stifelman at Hackensack University Medical Center

Dr. Stifelman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oncology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Stifelman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stifelman's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydronephrosis

Graduated in 1993

New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center
    New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center
    New York Hospital

Dr. Stifelman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stifelman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oncology