Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD

Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD

Urology  ·

Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD is an urology specialist in Hackensack, NJ and has been practicing for 26 years. He specializes in urology, oncology, and more.

Hackensack Meridian Health Medical Group

360 Essex St Ste 403

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Connecticare
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPartners

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Stifelman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Stifelman's Top Procedures and Conditions

Kidney Cancer

Dr. Stifelman treats Kidney Cancer more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Stifelman treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinoma

• Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Cystometry
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Marginal Zone Lymphoma
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stifelman

Dr. Stifelman?
Dr. Stifelman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD
Dr. Stifelman was very comforting and put my concerns at ease with his confidence and ability to perform the needed surgery. His office staff (PA Suzannah Sorin) was very helpful both before and after my surgery. I was given a very fast appointment once I called the office and was given very clear instructions for pre-surgery and post surgery.
Brian, thank you for your kind words and this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
The worst office staff I have ever dealt with!! In 1 afternoon I call the office 3 times and couldnt get through! My daughter who is in the medical field finally got thru and was laughed at by a male employee a d was told that they have alot of pacients and we have to wait our turn!! It isnt something you say to a person that has 3 tumors on there bladder. Stay away@!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Dr. Stifelman is a great surgeon,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stifelman,plain & simple great surgeon.He removed a Tumor from my kidney more then a year ago.Not once during the process did I ever doubt that he wasn't the right Doctor for me. Dr.Stifelman is thorough,kind,calm,he tells it like it is,but with compassion.Love him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
I could not see the doctor yet so I can't comment about the doctor. However extremely poor and inefficient scheduling system. I got the scheduling staff on the phone after 22 minutes of hold time then while talking to the person, the line got disconnected. Then I called to patient registration line they informed the office is closed for lunch.Pretty cozy work environment.
It is disappointing to see this review. We strive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
This was the most amazing experience if you could call a cancer scare and surgery an amazing experience. Obviously I am describing the care that I received from Dr. Stifelman and his staff. A true team in every sense of the word. He and his staff are the best example of what medical profession should be, could be and should stand for. Dr. Stifelman is definitely there for his patients; he is committed to excellence and to advancement of his specialty.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Found Dr. Stifelman on the web while looking up urologists. Was desperate for a good surgeon. So thankful we did. He is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. Kind, patient and gives you all the time you need until you understand your situation and what his plans are for you. I had to have a very dangerous surgery and put my complete trust in him. He did a wonderful job. My recovery was much faster than I expected and almost pain free. I highly recommend him to anyone needing a urology/surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Thank you to Dr.Michael Stifelman . You are the best Urologyst we had amazing expiriance duering surgery time and after post operation. You was kind to answer my calls with my health concerns on your days off duty. I dont have enough words to thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
In February of 2018, Dr. Stifelman performed my robotic prostatectomy and I could not be happier with my results. Right from my first consultation, I left his office feeling completely upbeat and optimistic about my outcome. Dr. Stifelman is well renowned, confident, enthusiastic, and left me with the feeling that everything was going to be alright. I cannot say enough about him! Great surgeon, great guy, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Dr. Stifelman is a caring, kind and very compassionate surgeon. Wonderful office staff and amazing Doctor. His credentials are impressive and his surgical skills are well renown. We knew our mom was in the best of hands during her surgery with Dr. Stifelman and his PA Suzi who was wonderful and caring. HUMC staff were wonderful during her stay in the hospital. My mom was very scared when she found out she had kidney cancer but his office staff and Dr. Stifelman especially were so comforting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
I'm in my early 70s and live near Kingston, NY. Recently I was taken back after a routine annual renal ultrasound when I was told I might have a "renal cell carcinoma". When surgery was recommended, I contacted a friend of my son's (they met at Duke's Medical School) who was a NJ urologist. He said, "If it were me, I would call Dr. Stifelman - he's the best!" Now a month after the (robotic-assisted) surgery, I can honestly say he's right. He's a remarkable surgeon and a great guy too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Because of his good reputation, I came all the way from Saudi Arabia to see Dr. Stifelman to get his opinion regarding my case, actually he listen to me and gave all the time I needed to explain the situation and the solution. Then we decide to do a robotic surgery to remove the prostate and the surgery was successful, the staff at the hospital (Hackensack University Medical Center) were great. after all i can say: Dr. Stifelman is a very good MD which I trust and recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
March 17, 2017 I was diagnosed with acute kidney cancer and thought it was an end game for me until I met Dr. Stifelman. Not only he gave me hope but he assured me that everything will be fine.. He acted swiftly and coordinated with other surgeon because in addition to the kidney cancer I had a blood clot in my inferior vena cava. I trusted my life to Dr. Stifelman and he came through.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
I had a very large prostate (210 gram) and also had renal retention my PSA was 12. I had several MRI. I had BPH . I was not a candidate for TURP. I after seeing several other surgeons in Manhattan I was glad that I chose to see Doctor Stifelman and was going to do the surgery Robotically (less bleeding, faster recovery) and the excellent staff at Hackensack Hospital Urology The surgery was done on Monday 7 am by Monday night I was off pain meds very little bleeding
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
I was diagnosed with bladder cancer last august.dr stifleman was recommended to us by another hackensack doctor. He treated me and was ver thorough. It is 15 months now and i am cancer free. Dr stifleman is very personable and makes you feel at ease.i feel he really cares about me. Read his credits dr stifleman is the best of the best and the brightest of the bright
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
We highly recommend Dr. Stifelman for his expertise, care, and compassion. You will not find anyone more knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Stifelman to all my family and friends!! He is warm and friendly and so knowledgeable! He calmed me down and gave me the information I needed to make the right decision that would be beneficial for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Upon meeting Dr. Stifelman, my wife and I were immediately impressed by his professionalism, confidence, easy-going demeanor, kindness and willingness to answer all of our questions. Although Dr. Stifelman went on vacation just days after my surgery for prostate cancer, he texted and spoke to me about an issue to ensure that my recovery went smoothly. Dr. Stifelman is someone who wants to help people in a most caring and human way. Dr. Stifelman is an outstanding surgeon with a huge heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Dr Stifelman did a partial nephrectomy on me in May after I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. It was done at HUMC and everything went very well. The first urologist I went to wanted to remove my entire kidney but Dr Stifelman was able to remove the cancer and save my kidney. I highly recommend Dr Stifelman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Stifelman, MD?
Dr. Stifelman is an intelligent, sensitive and very hard-working doctor. I feel so grateful that he took on my case. I flew up from Key West, Florida to see him and so great was my confidence in him that I knew he was the best choice. I had kidney cancer. He spent time during my visits reassuring and outlining the treatment plan. He will operate at 6AM and in the evening he will still be working hard on a computer in the ward or visiting patients. Lose your fear: He is an amazing doctor.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Stifelman?

Insurance accepted

Select
Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union WC
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Prism Blue Priority EPO
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
PHP-Physicians Health Plan
POMCO Group
Tricare
Oxford Liberty

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Stifelman treats patients.

Compare Providers