Dr. Michael Steuer, MD

Dr. Michael Steuer, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Mid-South Pain Treatment Center 1365 W Brierbrook Rd, Germantown, TN 38138 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Steuer's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Steuer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Steuer

Dr. Steuer accepts 4 insurance carriers

4 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Steuer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Steuer

Dr. Steuer's Review Details
4.3 based on 160 responses
Experience with Dr. Steuer
Dr. Steuer's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (134)
in Southaven, MS |
The staff is very professional, polite and courteous. Dr. Raby is very down to earth. She explains everything in detail and showed other concerns. Her nurse is superb and I can’t say enough great things about them. Great job!
in Ashburn, VA |
All person are very nice and concerned. This office takes care of my health problems, check my vitals and weight every time I come for a visit.
in Germantown, TN |
I very much appreciate the care I receive here at Mid-South Pain Treatment Center. I have had to be using these doctors for many years. The doctors, nurses and staff have always been willing to listen to any problem I am having and be as helpful as they can be. I could hardly walk or more move around at all before I first came here. In fact they have taken such good care of me that even though I have moved out of the area I drive back 4 hours each way to see them once a month.
in Germantown, TN |
This clinic is very understanding of my pain management needs. Katherine seems like she really cares that you are properly taken care of. The staff is always nice. The pricing on the procedures are high comprised to the Tennessee doctor I?ve seen in the past. Have to pay meal more out of pocket, but the procedures work good. I am pleased with the service here.
Ashburn, VA |
My experience has been good thus far. The staff member and everyone is very nice. The only thing is the block, its fine for a couple of hours but afterward it hurts really badly. So I just wish that there?s another way instead of the blocks. Other than that Mid-South Pain Treatment is the best.
in San Francisco, CA |
My morning appointment are great but don?t like the afternoon. I have to wait long but everything else is great. Just wish I could get rid of the pain in my legs and lower back.
in Southaven, MS |
I always love to come to my visits at any of Mid-South Pain Treatment Center. I always got the best care they can possible give me. The people that work in these facilities are always so nice and considerate to me. I am so thankful that my regular physician sent me here.
in Southaven, MS |
Since the office moved to its new location and I got Kristin Wilson back as a care provider. I feel as though I?m finally receiving options for my back pain. I?m more optimistic that one day I won?t have to take medicines to work, spend time with my granddaughter, etc. Ms. Wilson has given me a reason to continue on and be happier because she get things done! Also I love Amanda, the medical assistances and front office staff. Very patient, courteous and professional.
in Ashburn, VA |
I have no complaints against this office. Everyone has been great and always smiling. Kristin Wilson is a great person. Keep on smiling and keep up with the great work you do.
in Germantown, TN |
My experience has been good. Haven?t had to wait a long time and the nurses are really nice and friendly. Most of them greet me with a smile and that says a lot.
in Ashburn, VA |
I haven?t had any problems with the office. When I first gotten my nerve it seemed a bit crowed. I haven?t had any bad experiences with the clinic.
in Southaven, MS |
Everybody has done good job. Everyone has been real nice. Thank you all for treating me when I?m in pain but it?s not your fault that I have these pain. Y?all have been really nice to me. Thanks for everything.
in Southaven, MS |
I love it here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I can?t ask for a better place to go.
in Germantown, TN |
Everyone has been so nice and pleasant. The first round of treatments ended my back pain. I am thankful every day for that. Looking forward to ending my hip pain this round. Thank you guys for being so nice to me!
in Ashburn, VA |
Service is good. Reminder call is great. Don?t usually have to wait long. Doctor and nurse is compassionate/caring. Good job!
in Ashburn, VA |
My experience have been very good. It has helped me to get relief from my pain. I would refer others to this clinic anytime. The staff has been very caring.
in San Francisco, CA |
I like the way the staff seems to treat everyone here equally. The doctor and nurses seem to genuinely care about helping us manage our pain.
in Germantown, TN |
I have no bad experience with this office. The staff is nice.
in Dallas, TX |
Staff is pleasant to patient. Staff explains aspects of treatment thoroughly and give you a copy of treatment. Get out of office in a timely manner. Staff work with appointments that you might have to change.
in Germantown, TN |
I just want to say I thank God for Mid-South Pain Center. I have got more positive answer from everywhere. Everyone here show that they care for your health and well-being. I just want to thank my doctor.
in Germantown, TN |
Very good. Don?t like the paper work every time I come.
in Germantown, TN |
I have been very happy with my treatment here. Waiting time have been very short. The doctors are very knowledgeable and explain what is going on in other terms so non-doctors can understand it.
in Jackson, TN 38305 |
My experience was not with, Mr. Michael E. Steuer, personally, but in his clinic situated on; 2016 Greystone Dr. Jackson, TN 38305 Particulars: On 01/11/2016, Quida G. Wilkes, FNP-BC, practitioner for aboved named business, did without good cause discharge, Ocea Rice, from the above named practice based on the belief that I did not have the right to refuse a 'procedure' that is not only, not, FDA approved, but has known side-effects, including paralysis, and sudden death. I digress.
in Dallas, TX |
Everyone is very nice. Staff is very understanding. All are just wonderful.
in Germantown, TN |
Staffs here are very good. All of the people here are very nice and friendly, you ask a question they tell you to the best of their ability to answer. The nurses are very good, lot of the doctors is great and has a sense of humor.
in Miami, FL |
Great experiences with this office. Appreciate the concern of the staff, nurses and doctors. High level of compassion and kindness.
Have you seen Dr. Steuer?
Are you Dr. Steuer? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Steuer

• Nerve Root Block
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Cornell Ny Presbyterian Hosp

Graduated in 1987

University of California At Los Angeles

Completed in 1988

Harvard Massachusetts General Hospital

Dr. Steuer has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Steuer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Steuer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Steuer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pain Medicine
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Steuer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Steuer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Steuer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Steuer says...

Dr. Michael Steuer is a pain management doctor and owner of the MidSouth Pain Treatment Center, the largest pain management practice in the MidSouth. According to Dr. Michael Steuer, pain management is a rapidly growing, exciting new specialty of medicine that was still in its infancy when he was doing his residency at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital. "I wanted to pursue a career in academic medicine, and was thrilled that Harvard offered me a position before I graduated medical school," said Dr. Michael Steuer.

"I was interested in biomedical laboratory research, and I had a strong basic science, mathematical college education," said Michael Steuer. "I wanted to make a difference in clinical outcomes by monitoring a patient's neurological status during surgery while the patient was under anesthesia and unresponsive." Dr. Michael Steuer's interest in pursuing this brand of research was based upon a childhood tragedy that shook him to the core at age 11, when his best friend's mother tragically died during brain surgery while surgeons were trying to repair an inherited vascular disorder within her brain, an "AVM," or arteriovenous malformation. Being an inquisitive person at an institution such as Harvard seemed like a good fit, but "when I got to Harvard, I quickly realized that many of the advances that I was hoping to help create had already been made," said Michael Steuer. Nevertheless, fate can sometimes be kind too.

When Dr. Michael Steuer first came to Memphis in the autumn of 1999, he discovered that there were less than a handful of pain management specialists, and there was almost no one in North Mississippi for chronic pain sufferers to see. So he opened a small practice in Southaven, and shared office space with two of his friends and fellow physician colleagues in January, 2000. "I loved working in parallel with my friends in the office, but treating patients at a nearby hospital proved to be challenging due to the inherent inefficiencies one has to endure in a community hospital." Michael Steuer approached several banks in the community, and secured a loan to buy land and to provide for the capital expenditure of building both an office and pain management surgery center right next to the Malco theater in Southaven near the corner of Goodman Road and Airways Blvd, on a newly built cove known as Airways place. "Our patients appreciate the home-like environment of our clinic and our surgery center; it's much more relaxing and far less intimidating than having to go into a hospital for one's care," Steuer said.

Word began to spread throughout the DeSoto County and Memphis communities about what Dr. Steuer and his growing staff were able to do for patients dealing with chronic pain. "The majority of our patients come to us because of low back, upper back, and neck problems. However, we have also helped numerous patients with non-traditional kinds of pain such as migraine, cancer pain, facial pain, and abdominal/pelvic pain." Dr. Michael Steuer takes pride in seeing his patients return to their normal lives after they have begun treatment with him and his staff. "I just treated a patient with intractable pelvic pain last month, and when she came back to our clinic and saw one of my colleagues, she told us that her pain was 100% gone after the injection. I cannot tell you how much that means to me."

Dr. Steuer's Care Philosophy

Michael Steuer is the Founder of MidSouth Pain Treatment Center.

"We tell people they don't have to live with their pain. We offer proven treatment options," explains President and Medical Director, Dr. Michael E. Steuer. "It all starts with the right diagnosis. There is no room for guesswork when it comes to effective pain management."

For more than a decade, Michael Steuer's clinics and surgery centers have improved the quality of life for people suffering from chronic pain.

Dealing with chronic pain can cause debilitating psychological disorders. Dr. Michael Steuer's mission is to treat the patient as a whole - anatomically, pathophysiologically, and emotionally.