Psychiatry  |
Dr. Michael Sternberg, MD
Dr. Michael Sternberg, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Falls Church, VA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

405 N Washington St

Falls Church, VA 22046

Learn about Dr. Sternberg

Dr. Sternberg's Experience

Dr. Sternberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

This content was provided by Dr. Sternberg "I work in a collaborative style, have excellent listening skills and am compassionate. The proper diagnosis is a critical starting point in prescribing treatment. Medications are chosen carefully in a thorough discussion with the patient. Having been a primary investigator in many clinical trials and in practice for 25 years, I understand the benefits and possible side effects of medicines. My education from Stanford University and New York University Medical School provides a sound background."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder

• Medication Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Stanford University
  • Geo Washington University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Nyu Hospitals Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Sternberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sternberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sternberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sternberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sternberg to family and friends
Dr. Sternberg's Performance
I would highly recommend Dr. Sternberg. He is compassionate and patient. He listens and makes himself available to his patients. Scheduling was a problem for us during the week so his weekend hours were great for us! Dr. Sternberg made me feel comfortable and I was able to talk to him easily. When I first contacted his practice his staff was so kind and so great getting me an appointment quickly. Dr. Sternberg got me through a very rough patch in my life and I am very thankful to him!
He has been of great help to me since the early 1990's.
in Burke, VA |
Dr. Sternberg's treatment plan of providing medication management with talk therapy has provided me and my family members with excellent mental health care. He has supported us through a number of crises, and I attribute many of the positive changes in my life to his guidance and insight. I feel Dr. Sternberg supports, respects, and cares for me as a patient and a person.
Dr. Sternberg is wonderful. He is always very accessible and flexible with appointment times. Highly recommended.
Ashburn, VA |
I would like to thank Dr. Sternberg for this chance to be a star patient, I have been through the ringer for over 10 years now and now feel I have the ability to relax and enjoy the scenery! I suffer from Bipolar disorder1 and was introduced to Saphris by Dr. Sternberg during our therapy sessions. It's been a life changer!! Thank you, thank you Dr. Sternberg!
in Manassas, VA |
This is the absolutely best doctor you will find. First and foremost he knows his stuff. Backwards and forwards. He also treats you like a person and you are part of your own treatment. I can't say enough about how little this is found in doctors and what an excellent style Dr. Sternberg has in working with a patient while at the same time making the person feel listened to, respected, and whose opinions are respected. Your thoughts and feelings matter here & treatment is between both of you.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Sternberg is very knowledgeable and compassionate. I feel that he really listens to me. I suffer from depression and anxiety and he has been very good at getting back to me when I have a panic attack.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Sternberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Sternberg?