Dr. Michael Stender, MD

Dr. Michael Stender, MD

Hospice & Palliative Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Stender, MD is a hospice & palliative medicine doctor who practices in Royal Oak, MI. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

3577 W 13 Mile Rd # 404

Royal Oak, MI 48073

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Stender

Dr. Stender's Experience

Dr. Stender's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Hospice & Palliative Medicine
  • Board certified in Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology

• Hospice & Palliative Medicine

• Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine
  • Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Wayne State Univ Som
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Clarian Indiana University Hospital
  • In University School Of Med

Dr. Stender has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stender does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stender and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stender's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stender to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Stender's Performance
Bloomfield Hills, MI |
The amount of time Dr. Stender spent with me and my husband was exceptional. He was like a professor explaining my cancer.
in River Rouge , MI |
I have known Dr. Stender for many years. He is so knowledgeable and kind and he always takes the time to answer any questions or concerns that I, the patient, or my husband have. He is thorough, intelligent, and I just like being around him. I am a very fortunate patient.
in Rochester Hills MI |
I have been very pleased with my care by Dr. Stender. I rarely have to wait in his office and he takes all the time you need to discuss your issues. He is my fourth hematologist and I final hit the jackpot!
Royal Oak, MI |
Dr. Stender is awesome. He took on my case from another oncologist who, I'm convinced, was going to kill me. He always takes a great deal of time with me and answers my questions completely. I find him compassionate, personable and pretty funny. He is knowledgeable, too! I hope to never have a need to recommend someone to an oncologist but if I do... Stender is the man!
in Southfield, MI |
Saw Dr. Stender for biopsy results; he spent an hour+ explaining and giving treatment options. We had read his reviews and wondered if he was the same doc others described! Very knowledgeable; comfortable with our questions; did not talk down to us. He gave detailed info, including a website for more info. He had taken time to study husband's other tests (other than biopsy) to learn what was going on with husbands unusual diagnosis; well beyond what many would have done. Staff is great, also
in Farmington Hills, MI |
Dr. Stender is my oncologist. I am one to do research and ask plenty of questions. He always has taken plenty of time to answer my questions, never rushing, and always explaining in detail. I received infusions at CCA from 1/2015- 6/2015 and loved the nurses there. My one complaint would be that response time when calling for issues was slow. I had some issues with this, but otherwise would recommend Dr. Stender and CCA.
in Bloomfield Township, MI |
Stender continued to infuse chemo after I had asked him to make changes. My feet were pins and needle and burning. I now I have to live with it. Stender never informed me about the status of my cancer. Also, Beaumont managed to loose some of my bone marrow after I had biopsy. With a compromised immune system. Every night there was a new patient in the next bed vomiting or coughing, It was a nightmare! His nurse Jenny Patten was completely useless. After that, I switched to Karmanos.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Stender, MD?
Are you Dr. Stender?