Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Steinkampf

Alabama Fertility Specialists

2700 Highway 280 S Ste 370 Mountain Brk, AL 35223

Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Mountain Brk, AL and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans in 1981 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Dr. Steinkampf accepts

Dr. Steinkampf accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Dental Blue 100/200/300

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check if Dr. Steinkampf treats your condition or procedure

• Female Infertility
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

3.1

Dr. Steinkampf?
Dr. Steinkampf's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD
Dr. Steinkampf has been an excellent doctor through this entire process. He is very good at what he does but is also down to earth and authentic with his patients. We were very lucky to have been referred to him, instead of a different clinic. Every experience I have had there has been positive, even without the outcomes we desire.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD?
Dr steinkampf put me on an unnecessary dose of femara that caused me to become pregnant with Quadruplets. We were talked into doing a selective reduction to save the pregnancy from quads to twins. After being released to my primary dr, the ultrasound tech found a fifth baby with a heartbeat. It had most likely been punctured during the reduction so we were advised to do a second reduction to save the twins. This caused the twins to have ruptured water that led to labor at 24 weeks.Twins passed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD?
He perforated my uterus during a surgery he "had done hundreds of times". I have bladder damage now due to catheder that was for a 45 minute surgery instead of a 2 hour one due to perforation. I will only be able to have c-sections now because labor will cause my uterus to rupture. I understand that accidents happen but he tried to play it off.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD?
Dr. Steinkampf's office refused to treat my PCOS because "you aren't married." I asked why this was relevant and the receptionist says "we can't treat an unmarried woman for fertility issues." I told her I had a IUD and was actively trying NOT to have a baby, that my only concern was abnormally high testosterone levels and irregular, heavy periods. She said "I don't know, he's very strict about *that sort of thing* . Anything related to reproduction, you have to be married." IT'S 2017.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD?
Dr. Steinkampf was recommended by my OB/GYN to perform my myomectomy. AWESOME experience. No nausea, no excrutiating pain, nothing that so many people complain about after this surgery. My consultation with him was very open. He explained everything and even went over my ob/gyn report with me. Told me about the different statistics of this surgery. Very thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD?
He was incredibility rude and insensitive. After my visit, I spoke to others who had the same experience with Dr. Steinkampf. I highly recommend finding another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Steinkampf, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Steinkampf?