Dr. Michael Stein, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. Michael Stein, MD
I grew up in Newton, Massachusetts in a middle class family. As an infant my mother could not get me to sleep. I would babble and cry all night long. She tried everything and finally in desperation put a radio in my crib. It worked and I have been listening to music ever since. I built my first Hi Fi at the age of ten from Dynakits and used equipment. I helped put myself through medical school by designing and installing very large Hi Fis in the homes of very wealthy people. I had all this equipment lying around and in an attempt to better organize things I built my first piece of furniture at the age of 13 from plywood and Formica. It served the purpose well even if it was rather ugly. Thus begun my education in woodworking most if which I learned from an old Italian boat carpenter on the docks of a marina in Quincy, Mass. I now teach craftsmanship in several locations but make furniture only for my wife. My wife and I bicycle on public roads all over the world and have ridden up such famous climbs as the Stelvio Pass and the Mortirolo. We also ski both downhill and cross country and hike the beautiful trails we have here in New Hampshire. We have two wonderful daughters who are now on their own. Our extended family are the people we have been taking care of for almost 30 years.

Dr. Stein's Care Philosophy

We practice holistic medicine focused on the individual, family and freedom of choice. We firmly believe in patient education and avoid paternalism helping patients make the correct decisions for themselves. We also provide all routine procedures and services that have always been offered by generalists in the past saving patients time and money. We are a fully independent practice and work only for our patients not corporate America. We are extremely proud of our new office which offers patients an immaculately clean, soothing and friendly environment for all age groups and are determined to provide the finest primary care possible in this difficult insurance environment.

Dr. Stein's Experience

See how Dr. Stein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stein

Dr. Stein accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Stein is now accepting new patients
Pinnacle Personalized Healthcare2 Manor Pkwy Ste 5
Salem, NH 03079
Evening
(603) 458-2233Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stein has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Stein's Performance
Weston, MA |
Ok personality. but that's where it ends. Constant appointments that lead to nothing but spending lots of money on prescriptions. Very condescending.
in Hampstead, NH |
These kind of doctors are hard to find! I have been a patient for over 20 years and have been well taken care of. Most of my visits are relaxing and time is well spent. I never feel rushed . Overall best patient and doctor relationship.
in Atkinson, NH |
I have known Dr. Stein for about 35 years and have experienced a professionalism and thorough knowledge of family medicine that is not only reassuring but comforting as well. Appointments are met promptly and I have even known him to make house calls - something that has almost completely disappeared in today's culture! I have nothing but praise for "Dr. Mike's" abilities.
in East Hampstead NH |
Michael has been my family's primary care MD for years and his advice, recommendations and care have exceeded expectations. I recommend his practice to anybody. Tad
in Hampton, NH |
I have been a patient of Dr Stein for nearly 20 years. If you want a Dr that will listen to anything give great medical advise and service then he's your guy!! Caring wonderful family environment with his wife Gina working in billing and a great PA in Jennifer. They have made a practice that looks to exactly what the person needs without being tied down by big medical coglomate telling him how he should treat you. I love him and I bet you would too!!
in Danville, NH |
I didn't typically go to an MD until I met Dr. Stein. He is a wonderful top-notch physician that is truly attentive and passionate about my health and well-being. He helped me lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle, and is great to work with on any of my health concerns. He takes the time to talk with me and his follow-up is unparalleled. His staff is also wonderful and they all treat you like family. Highly recommended.
Been seeing Dr. Stein for over 20 years and have found him to be caring, attentive and sympathetic to my needs. Have seen other doctors in the past that just seem like they want to rush you along so they get more numbers of patients during the day giving them more money. Not the case here, usually says is there anything else I can help you with and the end of the visit. Top notch doctor and feel lucky to have him caring for me.
in Methuen, MA |
I've seen Dr Stein for over 30 years. He's smart, down to earth, to the point and listens. He takes the time to explain issues fully. I have never left his office feeling distressed because of the unknown. He takes care of most issues right in his office saving you time and expense of being referred to specialists, and he does make referrals if the problem so requires. His staff is warm, kind, and caring. You feel the comfort of his office the minute you walk in. I would highly recommend him.
Atkinson, NH |
The smartest doctor out there who won't waste your time or money. My family has been going to him for many years and he's saved us and advised us in all realms of health since we first started.
in Windham, NH |
Dr Stein has been my physician for over 25 years and is exceptional. He is dedicated to his patients in a way today's big corporate medical facilities are not. He treats the entire patient spending quality time with you unlike most doctors today who simply pass you along. He has a loyal and dedicated staff who get to the know you and I trust him with my health and well being. I highly recommend him.
in Salem, NH |
Dr. Stein literally saved my life by diagnosing a heart issue during a routine visit and getting me to a hospital. I have since recovered. He is much more than a primary care doctor.... he truly cares about his patient's total well being and both physical and mental fitness. He is extremely knowledgeable about the variety of medications used to treat most conditions and ensures that he prescribes those meds that work for the patient with the minimum of any side effects.
in Hampstead, NH |
Dr Stein has been my doctor since 2006, when he had the Family Practice in Hampstead, NH. He was the head physician during my ovarian cancer/cyst/colon shortening operation at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, MA. He joined Caritas/Steward in Salem NH. and I obtained all my services from his office. Mike has always performed in the best professional manner, very caring and thorough--never rushes the visit/questions. I recommend him highly; you cannot find a better physician in the area.
Nashua, NH |
I've been with Dr. Stein for more than 15 years and wouldn't be comfortable with anyone else. He is very knowledgeable and through. He works with his patients to solve problems rather than pushing them off to specialists and bigger bills .His office is always well scheduled and makes every effort to accommodate individual needs. NC Londonderry NH
in Hampstead, NH |
Arrogant and does not listen well
I apologize if I came across as arrogant but my job is not necessarily to make people happy but to do or recommend what is right for them. Unfortunately the two do not always coincide.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Stein, MD?

Compare Dr. Stein

Dr. Stein says...

Dr. Stein's Care Philosophy

Dr. Stein says...

We are an independent Family practice expert in general internal medicine and pediatrics, injury management, office gynecology and minor surgery. We have a novel and effective method of weight management for all age groups.

Dr. Stein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in New Hampshire not available

Dr. Stein has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stein's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Stein does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1981

St Thomas Hospital

Completed in 1984

University of Vermont

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Stein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage