Dr. Michael Stein, MD

Dr. Michael Stein, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Michael Stein, MD is a family medicine specialist in Salem, NH and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med in 1981 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

2 Manor Pkwy Ste 5

Salem, NH 03079

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Fallon Community Health Plan
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Stein

Dr. Stein's Experience

Dr. Stein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Stein's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stein "I grew up in Newton, Massachusetts in a middle class family. As an infant my mother could not get me to sleep. I would babble and cry all night long. She tried everything and finally in desperation put a radio in my crib. It worked and I have been listening to music ever since. I built my first Hi Fi at the age of ten from Dynakits and used equipment. I helped put myself through medical school by designing and installing very large Hi Fis in the homes of very wealthy people. I had all this equipment lying around and in an attempt to better organize things I built my first piece of furniture at the age of 13 from plywood and Formica. It served the purpose well even if it was rather ugly. Thus begun my education in woodworking most if which I learned from an old Italian boat carpenter on the docks of a marina in Quincy, Mass. I now teach craftsmanship in several locations but make furniture only for my wife. My wife and I bicycle on public roads all over the world and have ridden up such famous climbs as the Stelvio Pass and the Mortirolo. We also ski both downhill and cross country and hike the beautiful trails we have here in New Hampshire. We have two wonderful daughters who are now on their own. Our extended family are the people we have been taking care of for almost 30 years."

This content was provided by Dr. Stein "We practice holistic medicine focused on the individual, family and freedom of choice. We firmly believe in patient education and avoid paternalism helping patients make the correct decisions for themselves. We also provide all routine procedures and services that have always been offered by generalists in the past saving patients time and money. We are a fully independent practice and work only for our patients not corporate America. We are extremely proud of our new office which offers patients an immaculately clean, soothing and friendly environment for all age groups and are determined to provide the finest primary care possible in this difficult insurance environment. "

• Family Practice

• Stitches
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

• University Of Vermont
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • St Thomas Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Stein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends

Dr. Stein's Performance

Poor service from Doctor and staff
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Ok personality. but that's where it ends. Constant appointments that lead to nothing but spending lots of money on prescriptions. Very condescending.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
These kind of doctors are hard to find! I have been a patient for over 20 years and have been well taken care of. Most of my visits are relaxing and time is well spent. I never feel rushed . Overall best patient and doctor relationship.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
I have known Dr. Stein for about 35 years and have experienced a professionalism and thorough knowledge of family medicine that is not only reassuring but comforting as well. Appointments are met promptly and I have even known him to make house calls - something that has almost completely...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Michael has been my family's primary care MD for years and his advice, recommendations and care have exceeded expectations. I recommend his practice to anybody. Tad