Dr. Michael Spiritos, MD

Dr. Michael Spiritos, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Dr. Michael Spiritos, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Weill Cornell Medical College in 1983 and specializes in medical oncology.

4101 Macon Pond Rd

Raleigh, NC 27607

Learn about Dr. Spiritos

See how frequently Dr. Spiritos performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Spiritos's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Spiritos "I am a medical oncologist who primarily focuses on treating breast cancer. Ive been at Duke Raleigh for eight years and also serve as the hospitals chief medical officer. My favorite part of my job is the initial patient visit. Its not unusual for patients to arrive for their appointment feeling fearful and anxious. I enjoy making them feel more comfortable and at ease with their diagnosis and treatment plan by the end of the visit. To further build that bond and trust I encourage my patients to have full access to me even on weekends or holidays so I can help guide their treatment. I decided to become a doctor when I was 18 years old and heading to college. I felt that I would be passionate about taking care of people and my intuition turned out to be right. I am married to a physician and my oldest son is a medical school graduate so medicine is now firmly in my familys blood."

• Medical Oncology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • New York Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • New York Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Spiritos has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Spiritos does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spiritos and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spiritos' Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spiritos to family and friends

Dr. Spiritos' Performance

Arrogant demeanor. Made my moms cancer journey more miserable than it needed to be.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
At times I think Dr. Spiritos is as smart or smarter than God! I love this doctor for being a compassionate and fabulous human being and an awesome oncologist. I feel blessed that he is my doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He has such a calm and caring way about him. I trust his decisions as he is knowledgeable and logical. It has been a true blessing to have him as my doctor!
Are you Dr. Spiritos?