Dr. Michael Sorscher, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

The CORE Institute 4442 Genesys Pkwy Grand Blanc, MI 48439 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Sorscher, MD
Michael J. Sorscher, MD is a board certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in primary and revision joint arthroplasty of the hip and knee. Prior to joining The CORE Institute, Dr. Sorscher cared for patients in the Grand Blanc area since 1995. Dr. Sorscher received his fellowship training at Grant Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio. He completed his residency training at Northwest Detroit Metropolitan Hospital. Dr. Sorscher obtained his medical degree from Wayne State University and his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan. Dr. Sorscher is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), American Medical Association (AMA), American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS), and the Genesee County Medical Society.

Dr. Sorscher's Experience

See how Dr. Sorscher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sorscher

Dr. Sorscher accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Sorscher is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sorscher has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sorscher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sorscher to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Sorscher's Performance
in Clarkston, MI |
Dr. Michael Sorscher has helped my children with a broken arm and ankle, & me a better knee brace over the years. He has given us very good care & advice. He doesn't have an outgoing personality and doesn't talk too much, but he is very intelligent and guides us in the right direction. Medical care is what we were there for anyway. Ask questions to get answers. I recommend him as a great orthopedic doctor. I talked to other patients in his waiting room and they like him for hips & shoulders.
Millington, MI |
Dr was very rude when I was there he was in room for 7 minutes with me and told me that since I didn't do anything or take anything for my bakers cyst that it must not bother me or hurt, to do exercises and sent me on my way and did nothing, I was there for over 2 hours and they made me take x rays when I had my ultra sound and mri results with me.
Davisburg, MI |
We visited Dr. Sorscher this morning and were very impressed by his compassion and knowledge. His office staff are very professional and competent. It was an overall positive experience.
Davison, MI |
I cannot say anything good about my appointment with Dr. Sorscher. He made sure to spend as little amount of time with me and pass off any issue I have as not his problem. Was looking for recommendations on braces or therapy to help reduce my pain. I was told to "find one I liked". Luckily, the rest of his staff is very nice.
in Flint, MI |
I had my left knee replaced by Dr. Sorscher. Earlier in the year the knee had been evaluated by a different Dr who referred me to Dr. Sorscher. The statement from the other Dr was that I would need a constrained replacement or even a hinged knee. Dr Sorscher examined me and did a regular knee replacement. The surgery went fine and 3 weeks later I am nearly able to walk without a limp. I highly recommend Dr Sorscher, he does not have a great beside manner, but he is eminently qualified.
in Flint township |
Dr. Sorscher is a great doc &good person. Probably a little misunderstood with so called callous behavior. But I know he is highly concerned with all of his patients. He will probably be the first to admit to fast pace days, little time to spend with us. I like him, I recommend him to family and friends. I do have a problem with CORE institute in AZ, affiliated with Dr. Sorscher. Called patient advocate to voice some complaints, concerns, (took forever to get refund) never called me back...yet!
in Flint, Morris, MI |
I would like to say Thank You to the "Best Orthopedic Surgeon" that I know for taking care of me when I needed his expertise and caring attitude that he showed me when I visited him for any type of orthopedic care that I needed. He is the "Best Orthopedic Surgeon" because I used to work in his office and along side of him in surgery as his Physician Assistant and when I needed to have my knees replaced, I went to Dr. Sorscher because I placed my trust in him and his excellent surgical skills.
in Swartz Creek, Mi. |
I appreciate that Dr. Sorscher and his Genesys team made my first surgery, a total hip replacement, a fearless and painless one. From the consultation with Dr. Sorscher to the reading materials (The Hip Notebook) on preparation for surgery and after-surgery recovery, I felt secure with the whole process. The best part is no pain since waking from surgery! No complications and have followed Dr. Sorscher's advice on trying activities. Back to full activity, no complaints!
in Swartz Creek, MI |
Dr. Sorscher is not anxious to do surgery if it is not really needed by the patient. He listens to your questions and concerns, and uses that information to make a recommendation. He takes time to listen to the patient. Because he does several knee and hip replacements every week, I am confident that he knows what he is doing. I expect good results from my upcoming knee surgery.
me. Simons , .
in Fenton, MI |
I didn't have hip replaced as scheduled due to having 2 stents implanted and now have to wait 6 months to a year, but I thought Dr. was rather blunt and not a all friendly on our last visit as well as not giving me any options to hip pain other than Tylenol arthritis pills.don't know if I'll go back to him.
in Flint, MI |
Everyone is Helpful and professional .
in Flushing, MI |
Dr. Sorscher, his staff and their facilities all work together for a pleasant experience. The injection I received in my hip has alleviated the pain and allowed me to postpone surgery.
Milan, MI |
I saw him after I broke my wrist. He did not spend much time with me on my initial visit. He seemed aloof and disinterested. I saw him a total of 3 times for my wrist and he was like that on all appointments. I asked him about numbness and he seemed to dismiss it as normal.
in Millington mi |
I my right knee and left hip replaced the same day in January 2000. I have had seventeen years of pain free living thanks to Dr. Sorscher. Forever grateful!
in Otisville, MI |
Simply put...he's the best!
in Flint, michigan |
Dr.Sorscher and his staff are excellent... Very caring took excellent care of my grandson. Were very patient with him gave him clear instruction.. Answered all of our question and took the time to talk with him also. Thank you for great service.
in Byron Michigan |
Dr. Sorcher-knee is excellent as far as I'm concerned. He's very pleasant, through, explains everything so you can understand it. He has replaced both of my knees & I am completely satisfied. I'd recommend him to anyone.
in Grand Blanc, MI |
My knee is back to 100%. The entire experience from my first visit to my follow up surgical visit was flawless.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Sorscher, MD?
Are you Dr. Sorscher?

Compare Dr. Sorscher

Dr. Sorscher says...

Prior to joining The CORE Institute, Dr. Sorscher cared for patients in the Grand Blanc area since 1995. Dr. Sorscher received his fellowship training at Grant Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio. He completed his residency training at Northwest Detroit Metropolitan Hospital.  Dr. Sorscher obtained his medical degree from Wayne State University and his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan.

Dr. Sorscher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Sorscher has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sorscher's Board Certifications

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Grant Medical Center

Completed in 1993

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Sorscher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sorscher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics