Dr. Michael Sisti, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Michael Sisti, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Ridgewood, NJ and has been practicing for 39 years. He specializes in neurosurgery.

Neurosurgeons of New Jersey

1.0204081632653061%

Dr. Sisti?
Dr. Sisti's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Sisti, MD
Dr. Sisti and his team removed a meningioma for me on January 14, 2020. I had traveled from Vermont to NYC for this surgery because a cousin who worked at Columbia Presbyterian recommended Dr. Sisti. I will always be very grateful for that recommendation. Dr. Sisti was excellent. He was always thoughtful and compassionate. He was an excellent teacher who made made sure that I understood what my options were. The surgery went well, I received excellent care and am now making a good recovery. I feel very fortunate that I was able to have my surgery with Dr. Sisti and his team. I had met with surgeons at two other hospitals. Columbia Presbyterian was the only hospital that had an office administrator available to answer the phone instead of a complicated voice mail set up. From that first phone call (thank you, Mary!) , I felt like I had found a hospital that treated me like a person from the start. I highly recommend Dr. Sisti and his team.
Carole Bando – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Incredible surgeon. Removed a golfball sized tumor and I couldn't have been any happier with the result and treatment
Incredible Surgeon – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I recently had surgery by Dr. Sisti to remove a benign brain tumor. The tumor was in an area by my brain stem that made it a more complicated surgery. This was a difficult surgery to face, but Dr. Sisti was very compassionate and spent a lot of time explaining the surgery and recovery. I am 4 weeks post-surgery and recovering very well. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Sisti. He is very skilled, both as a surgeon and as a caring physician, he was great with me and my family.
Diane C. – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti was my first consult for a cerebullum meningioma. I had two other consults and I went with my gut, Dr. Sisti, who made me feel at ease from the beginning as I was devastated and did not know what to do. Dr. Sisti immediately calmed me down and told me I had to have the surgery as the tumor was growing, as he held my hand through the entire process, I went into the surgery confident I was in best hands. Dr. Sisti has wonderful bedside manner and so easy to talk to, my extended family met him day of surgery and loved him and said we are so happy you decided to go with this Dr. he is amazing. Yes he is amazing and he is my neurosurgeon.
Filiz Dalo – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is not only a gifted surgeon but also an extraordinary person whose calming manner and dedicated care got me and my family through a very difficult time. My recovery after surgery for an acoustic neuroma has been remarkable. It is obvious by his words and actions that Dr Sisti is committed not only to the well-being of his patients but also to their families. We are truly grateful to him for his professionalism and his good heart. We thank God every day for finding Dr Sisti. He is truly one of a kind. He is awesome.
Louis Arbucci – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr Sisiti made me feel very confident in every aspect of the surgery.The expertise Dr Sisti has, made my recovery one to smile about! I give Dr Sisti the best review possible.He is an awesome person.
Paul Denicola – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I was referred to Dr Sisti to make my brain surgery after finding a meningioma in my head Thank God he was available immediately and accepted me and made the complicated surgery successfully His experience and way of explaining everything and assuring the patient and family that his goal is the health and easy full recovery of the patient relaxed everyone and made everyone comfortable From the depth of my heart I am thanking him for the successful surgery and full quick recovery
Y D in New York – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Thank You GOD for dr.Sisti, he saved my life??
Marzanna Brzostowska – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Amazing, Dr. Sisti has a wonderful bedside manner that immediately puts you at ease,especially when your facing something as frightening as brain surgery. He is a top notch surgeon on top of this.
John Acquaro – Dec 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Everything about Dr.Sisti's treatment of my acoustic neuroma, from diagnosis, clear explanations, patience, confidence in using a new procedure over traditional brain surgery, preparation for and administration of brain radiation, to follow up MRI's over 5 years was superb as was his predicted good result. .
Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I was diagnosed with a large Acoustic Neuroma brain tumor that required surgery.  I chose Dr Sisti because it was apparent that he has developed and refined his surgical approach so well that he offers an advanced level of treatment. His technique is much different from the surgical approaches that I was offered within my locale of the Philadelphia, PA area, (inclusive of the major teaching hospitals here). All of this became very apparent during my first consult with him, where, he took the time to breakdown and explain my MRI scan to me better than anyone previously. He has an excellent bed-side manner and has always put me first, from beginning to end offering his help and care.  His team, under his direction, provides excellent care too. He runs a tight ship.  If you find yourself in need of a highly skilled neuro-surgeon who uses technology to advance medicine with a caring bed-side manner, I highly recommend talking with him. You won't regret it.
Anthony M. – Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma following a 9/27 MRI and after an extensive and frightening on-line research period reviewing treatment options, risks, etc., I began the search for New York's best of the best. In no small part to his Healthgrade patient reviews, I found and met with Dr. Sisti twice. The initial consultation on 10/31 and a recent follow-up 11/18. True to every patient testimonial on this site, Dr. Sisti is simply amazing. Thorough and compassionate (to say the least) in his explanation's. In my recent visit, I told Dr Sisti, "I'm 99% decided that I would like you to be my doctor. The 1% remaining holding me back, is that I'm scared to death." His response, "If you told me otherwise, I wouldn't believe you. Dan, I respect any treatment option you chose, just know, all I want to do is improve your quality of life". It is clear Dr. Sisti has my best interests at heart. I'm going to schedule a 1/14/20 surgery. I'm going to be just fine.
Danniel (Danny) Gasparro – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is amazing. He has amazing bedside manner and is so down to earth. Anytime I have questions, he answers them and explains everything in depth. He is a great doctor and I would recommend him to everyone!
Omana R. – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Exceptional! He is one of the rare surgeon who combines his exceptional technical skills with a warm compassionate personality’s
Marcia Konrad in Mamaroneck, NY – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I’m now nearly three years post-craniopharyngioma excision and my brain scans could not look better. The surgery removed most of it, but it started growing aggressively and gamma knife surgery was required within 6 months. Dr. Sisti was amazing in both. He clearly explained all that was going to happen, followed up repeatedly, and made sure to answer all my questions. The results speak for themselves. The surgery led to some changes in life, but all were expected because Dr. Sisti prepped us for them. My family and I feel absolutely blessed to have found him.
Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti conducted a craniotomy on me June 11, 2019. He removed a lemon sized tumor. Dr. Sisti explained the actions to be conducted to remove my tumor. He was very comforting and professional when reviewing the medical process. Dr. Sisti conducted follow up sessions and again explained what to expect in the future. I would highly recommend Dr. Sisti to family and friends for his professionalism and his comforting bedside manner. Thank you, Dr. Sisti
Jack M. Bills – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Our experience with Dr. Sisti has been an incredible one. Words will not do justice to describe Dr. Sisti's professionalism, skill and competence. His care and compassion throughout our ordeal has given us confidence and really made it as smooth as can be. Thank you Dr. Sisti!
J. Friedman – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is the most amazing doctor I have ever dealt with. I was diagnosed with a benign meningioma in 2007 that was huge and life threatening. It was a very delicate surgery, as it involved my optic nerve area. I was very frightened but upon meeting Dr. Sisti - I had complete confidence in his amazing ability as a surgeon. My surgery was a success and my optic nerve was not damaged. The cyst did return 7 years later and I again chose Dr. Sisti - another successful surgery and 5 years later there is no sign of a regrowth . He is the most caring compassionate doctor and has a wonderful bedside manner. Do not look any further - you will not find better!
Denise Rinaldi – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is the top expert in his field and a great person
Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr Sisti performed an outstanding brain surgery on my father . From the very beginning felt like we were in the best hands . He is extremely confident and reassuring . He really cares greatly for his patients. Highly recommend Dr Sisti.
John J – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sisti?

Dr. Sisti accepts

Dr. Sisti accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Neuro-oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat tumors, both malignant and benign, in or near the brain and spinal cord.

Typically treats 97% more than their peers

Acoustic Neuroma

Dr. Sisti treats Acoustic Neuroma more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Sisti treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

Cranial Neurosurgery

Cranial neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures that involve opening or passing through the skull to treat conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system.

Typically treats 99% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Brain Surgery

Dr. Sisti performs Brain Surgery more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Sisti performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Sisti performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Sisti performs this procedure more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Sisti performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Meningiomas

Dr. Sisti treats Meningiomas more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Sisti treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma

• Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Subdural Hemorrhage

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Neurosurgery

National Institutes Of Health
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
1982
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center
1981
Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sisti treats patients.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center