Dr. Michael Sisti, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 65

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Michael Sisti, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1981. He is affiliated with medical facilities NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sisti to book an appointment.

Office Hours

Columbia University Department of Neurosurgery

New Patient?
    • Sat: closed

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Sisti's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sisti

Dr. Sisti?
Dr. Sisti saved my mother's life by transferring her to Columbia after an emergency seizure situation. He removed a meningioma from her right frontal lobe. Dr. Sisti not only has incredible talent as a brain surgeon, but he also has a wonderful bedside manner. He explained the procedure thoroughly and was very patient answering the many questions we had about the procedure and post-op care. I would highly recommend Dr. Sisti as a neurosurgeon.
Apr 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti operated on my life threatening meningioma. After getting my MRI report on a Friday at 5 pm, he called me minutes later and spoke with me before I was even his patient. Other than being a world class neurosurgeon, he is probably the most compassionate and dedicated physician I ever had. His administrative assistant Natalie and his nurse practitioner Connie were also a pleasure to deal with. Dr. Sisti is amazing!
Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Look no further than Dr. Michael Sisti. If I could give Dr. Sisti unlimited starts I would. Between Dr. Sisti, LNP Connie and Admin/Coordinator Natalie they make one of the most comprehensive, supporting teams I have ever experienced. Dr. Sisti himself listens intently and with compassion, reviews all supporting test data comprehensively and provides his unbias opinion on next steps. He is genuinely here to improve our quality of life and will do anything in is his power to achieve this, he did for me. Respect and love this man. Thank you Dr Sisti, Connie and Natalie for everything.
Danniel Gasparro – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Michael Sisti is a wonderful doctor, he saved my mom! He removed my mother's brain tumor without sequelae. I'm very grateful to him.
Ellie – Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Michael Sisti is an incredible Neurosurgeon! He is a caring gentleman that listens to you and explains everything about your individual needs. Dr. Sisti has given me a new life to enjoy and share with my family and friends. Thank you and God Bless you and all the members of your team for your dedication to your community and your profession. JS
JS – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I was diagnosed with a brain tumor for over ten years. I was terrified about doing surgery. Dr SISTI was highly recommend to me so I decided to go see him in February 2020 . I was so happy and please when I met him. He took his time explained my options the pros and cons and let me decide what was best for me . I love that I wasn’t push like some of the other doctors that I saw in the past . I had my surgery done in February 2020 . It was a success . I am forever grateful to Dr SISTI . He is an excellent Neurosergion and truly cares about his patient . Thank you doctor SISTI . God bless those hands.
Indra Nandram – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
A very good friend referred Dr. Sisti to me and I am so glad that he did because you cannot ask for a better neurosurgeon than Dr. Sisti! His level of medical expertise, professionalism, and thoughtful & caring nature deserves nothing but top marks. The surgical procedure (removal of a meningioma) went very smoothly and I am looking forward to a full recovery. I am very grateful to Dr. Sisti and his team and cannot thank him enough for providing me with the best medical care possible!
Eugene A. – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I am so lucky to have found Dr. Sisti! During initial consultations (with other neurosurgeons) to diagnose a golf ball sized brain tumor located in the base of my skull, there was a lot of uncertainty about the exact type of tumor and the risks associated with surgically removing it. That all changed when I met Dr. Sisti. He quickly and accurately diagnosed my tumor as a vagal schwannoma and explained the risks associated with removing it as well as leaving it. Dr. Sisti successfully removed my brain tumor in January 2011 with no complications, completely preserving all functionality controlled by the underlying nerve, and ultimately saving my life. I always enjoy my visits with Dr. Sisti for follow up MRIs. He is warm, comforting, and has a great sense of humor. In 2019 Dr. Sisti assisted with Gamma Knife to treat new tumor growth. This radiosurgery was anticipated as a potential follow up to my initial treatment and the results were fantastic! I highly recommend Dr. Sisti.
Mike C – Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I've had multiple meningiomas removal surgery done by Dr. Michael B. Sisti, and visited his office to get postoperative instructions. Dr. Sisti is the best doctor I've ever had in my life. He is top level professional and very nice person. I would recommend Dr. Sisti to anybody who needs real efficient and highly skilled professional help in variety of neurological problems demanding surgeries.
Vlad – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti provided excellent treatment in the removal of my atypical meningioma. During every step of the process, from preoperative consultations through follow up appointments, Dr. Sisti continually exhibited the highest standards of medical expertise, clear communication, sound advice, amiable personality, and follow through. I would provide him with the highest of recommendations for difficult procedures such as the removal of meningiomas or other CNS tumors. He is the very best at what he does.
Taylor Rempe – Jul 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I had a small tumor inside brain which made hearing difficultly. I had gamma knife surgery two years ago. At recent visit he told me that my turmor was shrunk tremendously and was cured completely. I could not be happier. I don know how to express my thanks. He is such a wondeful doctor !
Kyung M. Suh – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
dr. sisti is professional & excellent!! & the most nattily(& his assistant is named natalie!) dressed dr that i have ever seen! seriously, he performed surgery on my sister's massive brain tumor. perfect from beginning to end, very warm & personal!
RML – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti and his team removed a meningioma for me on January 14, 2020. I had traveled from Vermont to NYC for this surgery because a cousin who worked at Columbia Presbyterian recommended Dr. Sisti. I will always be very grateful for that recommendation. Dr. Sisti was excellent. He was always thoughtful and compassionate. He was an excellent teacher who made made sure that I understood what my options were. The surgery went well, I received excellent care and am now making a good recovery. I feel very fortunate that I was able to have my surgery with Dr. Sisti and his team. I had met with surgeons at two other hospitals. Columbia Presbyterian was the only hospital that had an office administrator available to answer the phone instead of a complicated voice mail set up. From that first phone call (thank you, Mary!) , I felt like I had found a hospital that treated me like a person from the start. I highly recommend Dr. Sisti and his team.
Carole Bando – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Incredible surgeon. Removed a golfball sized tumor and I couldn't have been any happier with the result and treatment
Incredible Surgeon – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I recently had surgery by Dr. Sisti to remove a benign brain tumor. The tumor was in an area by my brain stem that made it a more complicated surgery. This was a difficult surgery to face, but Dr. Sisti was very compassionate and spent a lot of time explaining the surgery and recovery. I am 4 weeks post-surgery and recovering very well. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Sisti. He is very skilled, both as a surgeon and as a caring physician, he was great with me and my family.
Diane C. – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti was my first consult for a cerebullum meningioma. I had two other consults and I went with my gut, Dr. Sisti, who made me feel at ease from the beginning as I was devastated and did not know what to do. Dr. Sisti immediately calmed me down and told me I had to have the surgery as the tumor was growing, as he held my hand through the entire process, I went into the surgery confident I was in best hands. Dr. Sisti has wonderful bedside manner and so easy to talk to, my extended family met him day of surgery and loved him and said we are so happy you decided to go with this Dr. he is amazing. Yes he is amazing and he is my neurosurgeon.
Filiz Dalo – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is not only a gifted surgeon but also an extraordinary person whose calming manner and dedicated care got me and my family through a very difficult time. My recovery after surgery for an acoustic neuroma has been remarkable. It is obvious by his words and actions that Dr Sisti is committed not only to the well-being of his patients but also to their families. We are truly grateful to him for his professionalism and his good heart. We thank God every day for finding Dr Sisti. He is truly one of a kind. He is awesome.
Louis Arbucci – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr Sisiti made me feel very confident in every aspect of the surgery.The expertise Dr Sisti has, made my recovery one to smile about! I give Dr Sisti the best review possible.He is an awesome person.
Paul Denicola – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I was referred to Dr Sisti to make my brain surgery after finding a meningioma in my head Thank God he was available immediately and accepted me and made the complicated surgery successfully His experience and way of explaining everything and assuring the patient and family that his goal is the health and easy full recovery of the patient relaxed everyone and made everyone comfortable From the depth of my heart I am thanking him for the successful surgery and full quick recovery
Y D in New York – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Thank You GOD for dr.Sisti, he saved my life??
Marzanna Brzostowska – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sisti?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Sisti's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sisti's Top Procedures and Conditions

Meningiomas

Dr. Sisti treats Meningiomas more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Sisti treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma
Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Sisti performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Sisti performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

• Complex Skull Base Surgery
  • Craniectomy
  • Craniotomy
  • Craniotomy for Aneurysm
  • Craniotomy for Brain Tumor
  • Skull Base Surgery
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Sisti treats Brain and Nervous System Cancer (incl. Gliomas, Astrocytoma, Schwannoma, Medulloblastoma, Chordoma) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Sisti treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

• Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Sisti accepts

Dr. Sisti accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Oxford Liberty

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Sisti specializes in the treatment of complex brain tumors, meningiomas, and acoustic neuromas employing state of the art computer guided microneurosurgery...Read more

• Neurosurgery