Dr. Michael Sisti, MD

Dr. Michael Sisti, MD

OncologyMale

Oncology

Dr. Michael Sisti, MD is a Oncology Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Cumc

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sisti

96.99248120300751%

Dr. Sisti

THE BEST NEUROSURGEON IN NYC
Dr. Michael B. Sisti is a trustworthy, caring and amazing professional neurosurgeon. He cured me of a benign brain tumor that would have blinded me if I didn't have it removed. It was the size of a walnut! After interviewing 8 neurosurgeons in NYC and researching through the medical community, I struck GOLD by meeting Dr. Sisti and having him remove the meningioma that was producing mild and worrisome symptoms and aggressive growth. Not to mention knowing I had a brain tumor for so many years and horrific anxiety daily for was not just a threat to my vision but to my mental health. He treated me in the most courteous and respectful way. At the hospital for my first surgery, I was confident since I know he is a trailblazer with his precision surgery techniques and many decades of experience. You will love him and he's a communicator and very good man! His team also rocks. Great staff. I am so happy to live my life free from the anxiety since he evicted the squatter in my skull! LOL!
Robin – May 22, 2022
Mind Boggling Dr :)
Dr. Sisti is the most remarkably amazing Dr. I've ever met! Although I'd rather not go through a brain tumor again…;) Dr. Sisti was the best part of it!! From the start, Dr. Sisti was there for me and my family and gave us a pleasant experience. Unlike other Drs., which sometimes I feel like I'm burdening them by asking questions - from the beginning, I felt comfortable in his presence and in asking him questions or explanations. His bedside manners are excellent. Dr. Sisti and his team, specifically Connie and Natalie really cared for me and they helped me in every way. He went out of his way to explain to me in detail the diagnosis which was a very rare meningioangiomatosis, what to expect and how to care for myself after surgery. My surgery was very successful and today, 2.5 months after the surgery I feel better than ever, with absolutely no scar whatsoever. I'll forever be grateful to him and his amazing staff!
Chaya Frenkel – Apr 25, 2022
ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO DR SISTI & TEAM
(REMOVAL OF UNILATERAL VESTIBULAR SCHWANOMA, WHICH WAS LIFE-THREATENING DUE TO ITS INTERFEREBNCE WITH BRAINSTEM AND CEREBELLUM) - DR SISTI AND HIS NEUROSURGERY TEAM SAVED MY LIFE IN MORE WAYS THAN I COULD POSSIBLY EXPRESS - I AM AND WILL REMAIN ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO HIM, HIS STAFF AND NEUROSURGERY TEAM. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART
Delphine Psychoyos-Diakakis, PhD – Apr 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
WHAT A GIFTED DOCTER, G-D GIVE HIM strength TO continue HIS WORK . WORDS CANT EXPLAIN HOW HE TREATED ME ..JUST GREAT
Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
FROM THE MINUTE WE WALKED INTO HIS OFFICE...HE GREETED MYSELF AND MY WIFE AND MY SON....HE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KIND MY WIFE LOVED HIM THAT MOMENT ......AFTER surgery HE WAS JUST AS KIND I recommend DR SISTI. AAAAAAAAAAAA + MY WIFE IS VERY THANKFUL
JANE PARDO – Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I was recently diagnosed with a meningioma and was told that surgery to remove it would be the appropriate next step. A Cat Scan of my head in an ER after a car accident found this tumor as an incidental finding that I had no idea I had. I scheduled Zoom visits with prominent Neurosurgeons and had 1 in-office visit. Of all the Neurosurgeons I spoke with Dr. Sisti made me feel the most comfortable, most calming, and the most knowledgeable regarding this scary diagnosis. I had the surgery in November and can’t say enough about his skill, professionalism, and his reassuring demeanor. I was walked through every step. Dr. Sisti made the incision within my hairline as he had said where no one would ever know I had this surgery and I will soon be back to work. I am forever thankful to Dr. Michael Sisti and his incredible Team for my Miracle and the Miracles he performs everyday in a number 1 hospital that I rate as 5 Stars. Most Sincerely from a very grateful patient, Linda S
Jan 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Michael B. Sisti is a brilliant, world class Neurosurgeon. He is truly the kindest, most compassionate, caring, extremely knowledgeable, competent, confident, qualified, exceptional, personable doctor, not to mention just an all around nice guy, an outstanding person! The best of the best! He is personable, empathetic and communicates with respect focusing on a personalized connection. He actively listens and explains in detail every step of the procedure with professionalism and patience with a people first attitude. He is a top level, notable physician whose excellence is unmatched and he has an impeccable reputation. Dr. Sisti, and his staff, are fully present and devoted to helping others. We will always be grateful to Dr. Sisti.
Greenspan/Bensik – Dec 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti removed a benign meningioma in October 2021. Dr. Sisti’ s experience and confidence made me very comfortable. He explained in detail what to expect during and after surgery. Dr. Sisti was very compassionate and he took the time to answer all my questions without being rushed. I would recommend Dr. Sisti to my family and friends. He is a great surgeon.
Oct 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I recently had my follow up appointment with Dr. Sisti after having brain surgery in April for a benign meningioma. Dr. Sisti is without a doubt one of the best, if not THE best, doctor to ever have treated me for a medical issue. His expertise, professionalism, compassion and kindness is shown in both the operating room and the office setting. He makes you feel comfortable, answers all your questions, and doesn't rush you out. The results of my surgery were life changing! Thank you Dr. Sisti!
Michele M. – Sep 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is an absolute pleasure to have as a surgeon. First of all, he is incredibly nice, which as patient is very reassuring. Second, he is a consummate professional. He operated on my mother a few years ago, and after seeing what a great job he did, there I had no doubt that I wanted him to be my surgeon as well. Dr Sisti was hands on, responsive and reassuring throughout the whole hospital and surgery process. I'm not sure you can choose a better surgeon and diagnostician if you have to unfortunately go through this process.
Eido J – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti’s experience & knowledge together with his amazing bedside manners is something that cannot be found by others. After a huge meningioma was found in my brain, I was referred by family and friends to Dr. Sisti. The compassionate care Dr. Sisti gave me was something remarkable. Dr. Sisti operated and removed the meningioma with success. Dr. Sisti is truly amazing in every way! Miriam Blum & family
Miriam Blum – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I had a brain tumor removed by Dr. Sisti on 8/17/21. The results are amazing. No nerve damage, pain free recovery, impeccable care and advice, gracious bedside manner. My family and I will forever be indebted to Dr. Sisti and his talented team.
Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I do not generally use hyperbole or give undue praise. Simply put, however, Dr. Sisti is an extraordinary doctor. He is the epitome of everything one would expect in an exemplary medical professional-- remarkably brilliant, experienced, confident, and personable. In April, I was diagnosed with a 4 cm acoustic neuroma. From my initial consultation, I immediately knew that Dr. Sisti would be my choice, even after having already met with a number of other highly qualified neurosurgeons. Dr. Sisti analyzed my MRI images with incredible expertise and offered insight far beyond that which I had previously received. In June, I successfully underwent surgery to remove the tumor. In short, Dr. Sisti and his team did a remarkable job and were able to save my facial nerve and even preserve hearing in my affected ear! Postoperatively, Dr. Sisti has been available at each step in guiding my recovery. If I had limitless words and time, I still would not be able to truly convey my gratitude.
Joe D. – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Michael Sisti and team are incredible, compassionate, and formidable providers who instill a confidence that allays fear of the serious nature of neurosurgery. By this I mean, the team is extremely impressive in strength and excellence as they walk with you through the whole experience, from diagnosis to recovery. I can’t thank them enough for their dedication to making a difference in my life. With love and respect for their devotion I am truly grateful.
Victoria E. Ruffino – Jun 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Yes, DR. Sisti is a wonderful doctor. Very personal and very thorough. He removed my tumor with the skill of an artist. DR. Sisti and everyone at Columbia Neurological is wonderful!
Leonard Hatfield – Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr Sisti is not only an extremely talented neurosurgeon, but he is also an exemplary person. His bedside manner is the best I have ever experienced in a doctor. I recommend Dr Sisti whole heartedly, he is a brilliant surgeon and also extremely compassionate.
Rose Marie Petti – Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I was referred to Dr Sisti by my neurologist, because I had a meningioma that was getting larger. My first visit was on zoom, my daughter and I spoke with him at length and he explained all my options. Dr Sisti was the most gracious Dr I have ever met. April 21 st Dr Sisti removed the meningioma, I was very happy with the results. Dr Sisti makes you feel safe and confident. I am the type of person that has to feel my dr listening to me and not rush me through my visit. If he were an internist I would go to him in a minute. I would definitely and HIGHLY recommend Dr Sisiti THANK YOU! Dr Sisti Peggy Abbatiello On a side note Dr Sisti's PA Connie is just as wonderful and caring
margaret abbatiello – Jun 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Sisti, who just underwent surgery for a meningioma affecting vision in my left eye. When I received my initial diagnosis from my local neuro-opthamolgist, it was frightening and confusing. I had consulted with a few top neurosurgeons before meeting Dr. Sisti... But from my very first consultation with Dr. Sisti, I knew I would be the best of hands, choosing him as my surgeon. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. He was patient with me and never rushed. He was compassionate. Most of all, he made me feel comfortable during a very challenging time. Not to mention - he saved my vision! I'll be forever grateful for Dr. Sisti, for his brilliance, warmth, and care.
Shauna G. – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti not only saved my mom's vision, but he is a doctor whose care and kindness exceeds the role of surgeon. My mom is a 65 year old woman who had a meningioma affecting her optical nerve. Dr. Sisti was clear with his diagnosis, thorough in his explanation of the procedure, and so warm to my mom and our entire family when surgery time came. When surgery was finished, he personally came down to the waiting room to update my family of the success. In the aftermath of her surgery, Dr. Sisti has been closely overseeing my mom's recovery and he has taken the time to get to know her, and all of us as well. I can't speak more highly of Dr. Sisti's professionalism, his character, and of course, his expertise!
Carly – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?
Dr. Sisti is an incredible doctor -- brilliant, thorough, and caring. My mom underwent serious surgery for her meningioma, and he took care of her every step of the way, putting the entire family at ease from the start and performing the procedure with perfect results. Not only that, but he took time to really get to know the whole family, which really makes a difference when going through such a trying situation. Thank you, Dr. Sisti. I couldn't recommend a doctor more highly.
Brett Greenberg – May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sisti, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sisti?