Dr. Michael Shternfeld, MD

Dr. Michael Shternfeld, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Michael Shternfeld, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in South Windsor, CT. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

2800 Tamarack Ave Ste 102

South Windsor, CT 06074

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • EmblemHealth
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Shternfeld

See how frequently Dr. Shternfeld performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Headache
Ear Ache
Chronic Sinusitis

Dr. Shternfeld's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• New York University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Beth Israel Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Of Wisconsin Madison
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Shternfeld has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Shternfeld does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shternfeld and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shternfeld's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shternfeld to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Shternfeld's Performance
in East Windsor , CT |
Dr. Michael Shternfeld, is a fine doctor . Highly recommended. I put my full trust in him.
Tolland, CT |
I must have had my appt on a off day. The doctor came into the room, briefly looked in my ears nose and throat and told me he "didn't think I had a brain tumor" but to get an MRI. I wasn't given an opportunity to describe any of the symptoms that I had been experiencing or talk about anything. The entire encounter was probably less than 2 minutes (for which I reviewed a $400+ bill for "initial hour consultation". Needless to say I didn't schedule the MRI and went to see another doctor.
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
I was having chronic sinus pain and congestion for several years. Dr. Shternfeld recommend that I have the balloon sinus dilation procedure done. I am so glad that I did. It was a very comfortable and easy procedure to have done, and it has made a remarkable improvement in my health. Now, I no longer need to take sinus congestion medication- which I was taking several times a week . Dr. Shternfeld is very Kind and thorough. The office staff is just as wonderful.
in South Windsor, CT |
I have had chronic sinus pain & pressure for year with headaches on left side lasting sometimes for 3 days at a time . I had the balloon sinus dilation procedure done after an initial visit & a few tests to make sure it would be beneficial. It was!! The procedure was easy, painless & very effective. I can breath better & the pain & pressure is gone. Dr. Shternfeld was very pleasant & thorough in explaining all aspects of sinus issues. His staff is excellent & friendly. I highly recommend him
in Tolland, CT |
I had a very freak nasal injury that required emergency surgery. What superficially appeared to be minor was actually a 3 hour surgery rebuilding my entire nose from within. All told, 200-300 stitches were needed to repair the damage. I was very lucky to have Dr. Shternfeld as my ENT surgeon. He was extremely kind and very thorough in his explanation of what was done. Follow up visits have been informative and quick, his staff has been amazing. Nose is looking great now. Highly Recommend!
in South Windsor, CT |
Dr. Shternfeld is not only excellent surgeon but caring physician.
in Vernon, CT |
Having suffered nasal polyps for 30 years, numerous surgeries to remove them, chronic sinusitus and only temporary relief with prednisone I opted to see Dr Shternfeld, Manchester Ear Nose & Throat Center LLC. He suggested the Balloon Sinuplasty and allergy shots to alleviate my symptoms. The procedure was done in the office and was quick and easy. The relief was immediate and 2 years later I still feel great. This was what I was looking for and changed my life. Highly recommended!!
in Suffield, CT |
Dr. Shternfeld seems very knowledgeable. He is able to diagnose the issue and provides a solution, but be careful about unneeded procedures. I was there for the results of my CAT scan and on the way out he put the scope in each nostril for about 1 second and there was a charge for $1200.00. He had just looked at my nostrils 1 month ago and could see the problem on the CAT scan, but needed the extra $1200.00 charge.
in South Windsor, CT |
I recently went to Dr. Shternfeld after having numerous days of intense nose bleeds. He was excellent in his approach in fixing the problem veins. Follow up was great. He is caring, professional and a wonderful Dr. Thank you!!!
in Vernon Rockville, CT |
Dr. Shternfeld is very good at diagnosing why i was having trouble breathing through my nose and had a remedy for this, that he was able to perform in the office.Since the procedure i am breathing better than ever.The staff is very friendly,and the doctor's assistant / nurse Diane is a very competent,and valuable member of the team!
in Enfield, CT |
Dr.shtermfeld is very good at what he does. I had tried a lot of different medicines that my PCP suggested for what I thought was sinus. It was actually my allergies. The Dr. did a procedure on my nose which is amazing I can breath so much better and my headaches are much better He has a great bedside manner and his staff is great.
in Tolland, CT |
My daughter has been dealing with tonsil infections for years. It seemed that everyone BEFORE Dr. Shternfeld would brush it off as sore throat, sinus issues, allergies. While they may have contributed in some way, Dr. Shternfeld recommended the tonsils be removed. Since he has done the procedure, my daughter has not gotten sick once. He is extraordinarily empathetic, compassionate, reassuring and confident.
in South Windsor, CT |
I had nasal polyops which were removed by Dr. Shterndfeld quickly and efficiently in the office! The Balloon Rhinoplasty Procedure took approximately 1 hr and the Dr was very gentle and caring while doing this! His nursing assistant, Diane, is a caring as the dr. I have severe allergies and was advised that this is what caused the polyops and my losing my sense of smell for over 2 years! I am thrilled to say that I would recommend this to all who suffer from sinusitis and allergies.
in Tolland, CT |
I had completely lost all hearing in my left ear due to a weird cold/infection I had. Dr. Shternfeld performed a small procedure in my ear and had me take an oral steroid to stop the infection and possibly reverse the hearing loss. About a month later I regained 87% of my hearing. I cannot explain just how appreciative I am to him and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone who needs an ENT Dr.
East Hampton, CT |
I recently took my two year old to see Dr. Shternfeld due to a raisin he had inserted in his nose. My son was a little apprenhensive about the whole situation. From the moment the doctor walked in the room, I was at ease. He knelt down to get on my son's level and was very tender with him. He asked him a couple of kid friendly questions and then explained to us what he was going to do. Then he proceeded to skillfully remove the raisin with ease from my son's nose. I highly recommend him!??
in Ellington, CT |
Michael was easy to talk to and answered any questions I had. I did not feel rushed at all while he was in the room talking to me. He is a great guy and the staff was a pleasure easy to deal with as well.
in Middletown, CT |
Dr. Shternfeld is very professional and caring. He was very thorough in explaining the sinus balloon procedure which I had done and gave expert advice in resolving a sinus condition I was experiencing. He is truly concerned for the patient's symptoms and conditions and I would highly recommend Dr Shternfeld.
in Ellington, CT |
Excellent experience. Office is easy to find, easy parking, large clean office and nice atmosphere. I had been sick for months with a chronic sinus infection. Finally got to Dr. Schternfeld and felt better in a week! I later had Balloon Sinuplasty in the office. The recovery time was 48 hours. The improvement has been life changing. Complete resolution of clogged sinuses, facial pain, eye pain and headache. I would not hesitate to send family & friends to this physician.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Shternfeld, MD?
Are you Dr. Shternfeld?