Dr. Michael Shipley, MD

Dr. Michael Shipley, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

I was raised in Oklahoma and my father was a physician who died at a young age. My mother was a nurse. I believe that God used my being from a medical family as one factor in leading me to pursue a career in medicine. Once that was decided I went to Oklahoma City University and then came to Duke for medical school. Internal Medicine was attractive to me as a specialty as it allows me to help take care of people over a long period of time. It is rewarding to be able to help my patients when they are acutely ill or feeling good and we are doing preventative care and to know many of them as friends. It has been a blessing to be part of their lives since 1979 when I joined Durham Medical Center. My wife and I have two grown children a son and a daughter and between them we have five grandchildren. They are such a source of joy to us. Our practice has been in the Duke Primary Care family since 1995 and this has helped us continue to deliver the best care we can in a supportive and excellent health care system.

Dr. Michael Shipley, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Shipley is affiliated with Duke Regional Hospital and Duke University Hospital.

Dr. Shipley's Experience

See how Dr. Shipley's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shipley

Dr. Shipley accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shipley has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shipley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shipley to family and friends
based on 3 total surveys
Dr. Shipley's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Michael Shipley, MD?
Are you Dr. Shipley?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Shipley

Dr. Shipley's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shipley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Shipley has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shipley's Board Certifications

Dr. Shipley does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Shipley and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Duke University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1974

Ohio State U Hosp

Completed in 1975

Duke University Medical Center

Completed in 1978

Duke University Medical Center

Completed in 1979

Dr. Shipley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shipley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Shipley does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Shipley and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.