Dr. Michael Sherman, MD

Allergy & Immunology | Male

Dr. Michael Sherman, MD
Michael B. Sherman, MD, is the Medical Director of Allergy & Asthma Center PC, with offices in Marlboro, Hazlet and Freehold, New Jersey. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology and specializes in pediatric and adult allergy, asthma, immunology and sinus disease. He performs all types of allergy testing and pulmonary function testing in the office. Dr. Sherman has conducted numerous clinical research studies. His interests include, but are not limited to, immunotherapy, asthma, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, drug allergy, contact allergy, and food allergies. He is a past President of the New Jersey Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society and current serves on its Executive Committee. He is a Fellow of both the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. He graduated with a medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. He then went on to complete a residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center followed by a fellowship in Allergy and Immunology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He is licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey, New York and Florida.

Dr. Sherman's Care Philosophy

With over 20 years of experience treating allergies and asthma, I'll take the time to thoroughly evaluate your condition and identify allergens that may be triggering your symptoms. I will go out of my way to maximize your comfort and ensure that your appointment goes smoothly. I use some of the most advanced diagnostic tools and management strategies to help my patients reclaim their lives and enjoy improved health. I value excellent customer service, and I strive for warm and helpful relationships with my patients because consistency and open communication is critical to their care.

Dr. Sherman's Experience

See how Dr. Sherman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sherman

Dr. Sherman accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Sherman is now accepting new patients
Allergy & Asthma Center, PC15 S Main St
Marlboro, NJ 07746
Evening
(732) 303-8787Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Sherman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sherman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sherman to family and friends
Dr. Sherman's Performance
in Marlboro, NJ |
Having gone to so many different specialists, it was quite a treat to be able to make an appointment with the people at the front desk where they call me by my name and not birth date and address. I was prepared for a long wait and was pleasantly surprised that there was none. This was one of the most pleasant experiences I've had in a doctor's office in a very long time. Even though my results were not as I hoped, the cordial manner by the Doctor and his staff was quite a comfort.
in Matawan, NJ |
Dr. Sherman has been my allergist for over 5 years; I see him in the Marlboro office. I find Dr. Sherman to be an excellent and knowledgeable practitioner of his speciality. He has helped me manage my seasonable symptoms; before Dr. Sherman began treating me I was relegated to spending all of spring indoors. No longer! Further, Dr. Sherman's support staff is professionally warm, friendly and helpful. (One can tell quite a bit about a physician by his/her support staff.)
Morganville |
Doctor Sherman treated me for seasonal allergies and really improved my condition. He was very thorough and spent time listening to my concerns. His staff is excellent and I would highly recommend Doctor Sherman to any one suffering from allergies...you don't have to suffer any longer.
in Morganville, NJ |
My family has used Dr. Sherman for years. He is a conscientious doctor who cares about the wellness of his patients and takes the time to know them. He will explain the approach and options for treatment and ongoing care. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for an Allergy specialist.
in Marlboro, NJ |
Dr. Sherman is an excellent doctor who really loves what he does. I have been a patient of his for a while and he truly cares about his patients and is all about helping his patients as well. His office staff is also great and very efficient. I would recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone and everyone!
in ==MANALAPAN, NJ |
He is a wonderful doctor. I have been going to him 3 years. He made me feel much better. I do not get upper respiratory infections since he has been treating me. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family. His nurse Melanie is so friendly and helpful. She is a very special person. Bess at the front desk is always nice and friendly. A real asset to the office. LOVE THESE GUYS.
in Freehold, NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Sherman for over 10 years. Previously, I had poor experiences with pulmonary doctors for my asthma/super bad allergies. Allergies were so bad that other doctors prescribed taking 5 medications per day to control the shortness of breadth in the middle of the night ending the ER. After about a year of visits and allergy shots, I saw major improvements. I have never had to use their complaint department and I dont think I ever will.
in Lakewood, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Sherman for almost 12 years. I am extremely please with the level of care he has been giving my son and I. I recommend Dr. Sherman to every one I meet who suffers with Allergies and Asthma. Dr. Sherman has tremendous patience with my son who is special needs. The entire staff, Melanie, Beth and Theresa are professional and fun. I look forward to every Wed when we my son and I go for shots and we live 25 miles away. I can't say enough about the people at the office.
in Keyport, NJ |
Most of my life I was never able to breathe through my nose, since ive seen Dr Sherman I have been able to breathe again more freely then I ever have probably since I was little. I have been Getting allergy shots there for several years now from the very friendly Melanie and my allergies are almost non existing. I highly recommend this office.
Englishtown, NJ |
Have been going to him for years for my son. The dr. is always very helpful and attentive.
in Aberdeen, NJ |
I am a patient of Dr. Sherman for over a year now and I have to say how incredible he is. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor with an amazing bedside manner and he is all about helping people and not the money. His staff is amazing everyone of them and they are knowledgeable, informative and on the ball. I never wait long at all to see Dr. Sherman and he gives you his full attention and takes the time to listen and then we discuss the plan of action. I am thankful for Dr. Sherman
in Holmdel, NJ |
I needed a new allergist ASAP. I'm so glad I went to Dr. Sherman. He took his time reviewing my records & answering all my questions. He has put me on a new treatment plan for my allergies. After 50 years of suffering!! I've never felt better. He is WONDERFUL !! The staff is incredible! The office is so clean!
in Freehold, NJ |
I go to Dr. Sherman weekly for allergy shots. His office staff is great and very efficient. I highly recommend him and his office staff.
in Hazlet, NJ |
I love this office. I've been going to Dr. Sherman for over 10 years. Great staff. Great doctor.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr Sherman takes time with his patient listening to their problem.
Marlboro, NJ |
Dr Sherman is a great allergist. His office staff is so nice and easy to work with. I never have a long wait in his office. I have recommended him to many friends and family.
in Freehold, NJ |
My allergies have been bothering me a lot for the last few days. Dr. Sherman's office was very accommodating and able to get me in for an appointment immediately. I am always impressed with Dr. Sherman's cheerful bedside manner. My appointment was later in the evening and he was still patient and understanding. Dr. Sherman took time to explain to me what was going on and how he intended to treat my symptoms. I wish all of my doctors were as compassionate as Dr. Sherman.
in Hazlet, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sherman for many years. He is very caring and helped me get through my rough times. I found him to be kind, considerate and always listened to my problems. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone needing an allegorist.
Marlboro |
Dr. Sherman and his staff are the best! He always spends time with me and answers all my questions. The office staff is so nice and very helpful. I have recommended Dr. Sherman to many friends and family.
Boca Raton, FL |
A caring md. Takes the time necessary for treatment Never feel rushed. Always gets results. Should be more like him in this hurried world.
Marlboro, NJ |
Dr. Sherman is great with kids and knows what he is doing I would totally recommend him for anyone who needs an allergist.
in HazletNJ |
Very knowledgeable and understanding with your problem. Treats you very caring.When leave his office you feel better than you were. I highly recommend him .
in Marlboro, NJ |
The best doctor in town! Always has the cure to all of my allergies.
The best allergist and the best staff!!!
North Bergen, NJ |
Dr. Sherman is a truly caring physician and I have referred my family and friends to him. He is a true diagnostician and I have the utmost confidence in him. In addition, Dr. Sherman's staff is very friendly and great to deal with. My favorite thing about this office is that I rarely have to wait i since they do not overbook their patients.
Manalapan, NJ |
The doctor's front desk staff is horrible. I have Blue Cross traditional insurance and before I was able to meet with the doctor I was charged my $150 deductible. I paid the balance of my second bill. I never received a bill from my last visit which was less than 30 days ago and when I went for my follow up visit the office informed me that I could not see the doctor because I did not pay my bill. The office was overcrowded and clearly appointments were overbooked.
in Freehold nj |
Dr. Sherman and staff are excellent. Very friendly and professional. I recommend them to everyone.
Hazlet, NJ |
Great Doctor, would definitely recommend to anyone who needs an allergist!
in Freehold, NJ |
Dr. Sherman is an excellent physician. He has incredible knowledge and great bed side manner. He has helped my whole family over the years and would highly recommend him.
in Morganville, NJ |
He listens to my issues and is always asking about them even if Im just in for an allergy shot.
in Marlboro, NJ |
Dr. Sherman and his staff is so professional, Attentive to my needs and the office wait time is never an issue. The staff is very kind and easy to work with. I do the weekly shots and Melanie is an absolute pleasure!! I highly recommend using Dr. Sherman.
in Hazlet, NJ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Sherman for over 7 years and am always able to get an appt when needed. I recently began an allergy shot regimen and love the flexibility of hours available to come in each week. The staff is always professional and knowledgeable when it comes to insurance issues and Dr. Sherman has a knowledge of treatment and preventative options available that can't be beat.
in Marlboro |
Dr. Sherman is an excellent doctor. He took the time to get to know me and was able to diagnose and treat all of my allergies.
Marlboro, NJ |
Visited several other allergists and no one was able to diagnose me correctly, until Dr. Sherman. I would recommend him 1,000% to anyone.
in Marlboro, NJ |
I developed asthma and after tests and treatment he was able to control it. I am a new person .I recommend him to anyone who needs an Allergy or Asthma doctor.
in Freehold, NJ |
Dr. Sherman is a great allergist. He took the time to listen to all my problems and created an effective treatment plan for me. He has a great bedside manner. He has changed my life! The office staff is friendly, helpful and very easy to work with.
in Holmdel, NJ |
I have been going to Dr Sherman for years. He is well informed on the latest treatments and medications, caring and it is easy to get an appointment with him for urgent care. One of the best doctors I have gone to, of any discipline
Excellent staff and very accommodating Highly recommend
Have you seen Dr. Michael Sherman, MD?
Are you Dr. Sherman?

Compare Dr. Sherman

Dr. Sherman's Care Philosophy

I use some of the most advanced diagnostic tools and management strategies to help my patients reclaim their lives and enjoy improved health. I value excellent customer service, and I strive for warm and helpful relationships with my patients because consistency and open communication is critical to their care.

Dr. Sherman says...

For an allergist in Monmouth county, choose Allergy & Asthma Center, P.C. With over 20 years of experience treating allergies and asthma, I'll take the time to thoroughly evaluate your condition and identify allergens that may be triggering your symptoms. I will go out of my way to maximize your comfort and ensure that your appointment goes smoothly.

Dr. Sherman says...

I use some of the most advanced diagnostic tools and management strategies to help my patients reclaim their lives and enjoy improved health. I value excellent customer service, and I strive for warm and helpful relationships with my clients because consistency and open communication is critical to their care.

Dr. Sherman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine

• President, New Jersey Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society, 2010

Dr. Sherman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sherman's Board Certifications

• Asthma in Children
  • Asthma in Pregnancy
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Asthmatic Bronchitis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bee Sting Allergy
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cat Allergy

Albert Einstein College Med

Completed in 1996

University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Sherman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sherman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology