Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM

Dr. Sganga
Telehealth services available

Orthopedics New England

313 Speen St Natick, MA 01760

Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM is a Podiatric Surgery Specialist in Natick, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Leonard Morse Hospital and MetroWest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sganga to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Podiatric Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Sganga's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sever's Disease
  • Stress Fracture of Foot

Dr. Sganga accepts

Dr. Sganga accepts the following insurance:

Select
Worker's Compensation WC

Dr. Sganga's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sganga

Dr. Sganga
Today was a post operative visit for big toe fusion as well as reconstructive surgery on my 2nd 3rd & 4th toes. By way of background, I had surgery for the same issue over 12 years ago, toes never felt right and pain was an every day occurrence. Can't say enough about his diagnosis, pre surgery communication & the final result. This is an extraordinary Dr., yet you'll be more impressed with the quality of his character! A great listener, a humble & warm approach w/genuine caring for his patients. I've had surgeries at MGH & NEBH, all good, but the care, attention to my particular problem made me feel as if I were his only patient. My results have been so positive, I'm planning to have Dr. Sganga perform the same to my other foot in about 6 months. Everything Dr. Sganga suggested would happen pre/post surgery have taken place exactly as he stated; this is an extraordinary Dr. who treat his patients like family; I'm so proud to call him my Dr., he's a quality physician/human being!
Edward Albertian – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
saw my son when he was a resident in ER after a lawn mower vs big toe accident. To this day, 7 years later, you still cannot see a scar anywhere on his toe which was "mangled" by the mover. Cannot say enough about his fabulous care & bedside manner. Exceptional MD !!
Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
Dr Sganga is not a great doctor! I saw him a few times and he finally did my a favor by telling me to get a 2nd opinion. Stay far away from this doctor. So many issues with him and the office. Don't stay local. Go to Boston. Or at least mass general in Waltham. Last warning. Do not let Dr Sganga touch you!
Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I have had problems with a bunion for years, and had 3 cortisone shots which provided some relief. When I could no longer stand the pain, I was referred to Dr Sganga, and what a blessing that was! After consulting with Dr Sganga, he recommended bunion surgery with a big toe fusion. The surgery was uneventful and when I was discharged from the hospital I was not in any pain. The following day I did have a lot of pain, but it was controlled by pain medication. I only used the pain medication for one day, and after that I only required aspirin. The recovery process included keeping my foot elevated as well as applying no pressure to my foot, which is something I did religiously. By following Dr Sganga direction, I had minimal pain and swelling, and my fusion healed rather quickly. I was in a normal shoe within 3 months! I am so thankful to Dr Sganga for his expertise and for making me pain free. He is my hero, thank you Dr Sganga!!! I appreciate all that you have done for me!
Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
My several visits including surgery were excellent. First encounter to most recent. Dr. Sganga was very clear with my foot/ankle problems and treatment options. Surgery at Milford Regional MC was excellent. Post op care was excellent. The outcome is what was expected, walking without discomfort. I recommend Dr. Sganga for foot/ankle problems. Practice staff are excellent as the office locations.
Fixed the problem! – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I was referred to Dr. Sganga after re-injury of a chronic ankle condition. I have not had the pleasure of experiencing the outstanding level of professionalism, compassion and communication by a treating physician. Dr. Sganga’s knowledge and expertise gives me full confidence that I have come to the right place. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Annalia Aviza – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I've never heard of a situation like this - but first time for anything. Made an appointment for my mom who flew out from Montana some time ago. Evidently the office no longer exists their old Dedham location. Arrived 45 minutes early, and began calling Sganga's number - no return calls (the office was open) for over 40 minutes - I and a New England Baptist office that was helping to call various numbers they had. When finally was able to get through to a person they offered no apology for not
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
L. Moore in Missoula, MT – Nov 07, 2018
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
This young man is extremely professional, knowledgeable, and obviously cares about his patients. There's not enough space to detail how highly I think of him, Suffice to say he may have saved my leg from amputation because of problems from someone else's "handiwork". Dr. Sganga is a "doctor" in the truest sense of the word. Do I recommend him? Absolutely and without reservation.
Philip Ronsivalli in MA – Oct 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I went to Dr. Sganga because I had painful bunions. When Dr. Sganga examined my feet he noticed that I had excessive swelling. He was concerned about the swelling and helped make arrangements for me to see a RH specialist. His concerns led to my RA treatment, for which I am very grateful. I have had two successful bunion surgeries by Dr. Sganga. I would highly recommend Dr. Sganga to anyone in need of foot surgery.
Kathryn Hahn in Marshfield Hills, MA – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
my name is Kim Cogliano, i had a not tylical bunion surgery, Dr Sganga was my dr. The work he did to my foot was above my expectations, not only did he save my joint, where there was a tumor, he was thorough with his instructions for at home care and my foot is healing well. i called NE Ortho, as a second opinion and im glad i did, my origional pediotrist told me not to worry about my foot its just a cyst... the tumor was benine, back to doing hairstyling in 8 weeks. have already referred him.
Kim Cogliano in Bellingham, MA – Aug 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
Excellent bedside manner, super nice and knowledgeable. He really puts the patient at ease, especially when giving a cortisone shot! I’d highly recommend Dr. Sganga.
Bonnie Morrissey in Sudbury , MA – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
Dr.. Sganga was bright light in my diagnosis, surgery, and post op. He was confident, reassuring, talented in his field, and probably one of the kindest doctors that I have encountered. He makes you feel like you are more than just a number. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing foot surgery of any kind. A true real person who takes the time to explain and listen while being honest and complete.
Jeanne T. Mendes in Fairhaven, MA – Nov 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
Dr, Sgana was amazing. He had a great bedside/office manner. I was seen for Plantar Fascitis that had been bothering me for almost a year. He was knowledgeable about the Topaz with Plasma Transfer Procedure. He kept me informed and worked with me to make the entire procedure very easy (and very much pain free). As an added bonus he was ALWAYS on time, and even called me the day after my procedure on a holiday to follow up. I would highly recommend him!
Michelle in Watertown, MA – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
This dr actually seems to care about his patients. He is knowledgeable, friendly, and explains things very well. He actually called me the next day, on a saturday mind you, to find out why I didnt get labs he ordered done. That goes to show his follow up and interest in his patients. Office staff a little rude but doesn't take away from him. Would definitely recommend him.
Franklin, MA – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I I am so happy to recommend Dr. Sganga. When we first met I was amazed to find he had actually read my entire medical chart ahead of time and knew all about me! He knew what was going on and explained things so well that I understood what was happening. He was very reassuring and treated me with respect along with great eye contact. He ordered appropriate tests and I was thankful that he ordered one in particular that showed something of consequence. He is very responsive and available.
Leslie Wortzman in natick, ma – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
Achilles rupture with complications. Dr Sganga walked me thru all the procedures, spent so much time with me, felt like I was his only patient! He put in a lot of work and so did I rehabbing, he was my biggest cheerleader. I choose Sganga every time!
Patty Shaw in Franklin, MA – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I visited Dr. Sganga for a complex calcaneal fracture, which required that I get a whole bunch of pins put in my foot, and stay off of it for nearly 90 days. Dr. Sganga turned this trying experience into a positive team effort, and was by my side every (non-)step of the way. He was supportive, but honest, and more concerned about me, the patient, rather than me, the calcaneal fracture. I'm now almost 5 months out, and I've got a perfectly repaired heel bone, so I can walk normally again!
Chris Gilmore in Natick, MA – Mar 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
I was refered to Dr. Sganga on January 3 2017, after a ankle injury, physical therapy, x rays, MRI etc. He performed extensive surgery on January 13. I found him to be very intelligent, confident, compassionate, and professional. He made me feel completely confident, listened to my concerens, and patiently explained methods he would be using, and the process I would be going through. I am a 62 year old male, and could not be happier with my surgery, and would reccomend Dr Sganga to anyone.
Ray in Franklin mass – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?
Dr. Sganga saw my son for a foot fracture. He was very patient with my 10 year old's questions, and explained everything so a child could understand. I highly recommend Dr. Sganga!
Natick, MA – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Sganga, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Sganga?

"My primary goal is to get patients back on their feet and enjoying the activities they love.  My advanced training in foot and ankle surgery...Read more

• Podiatric Surgery