Dr. Michael Setzen, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat ·  Male · Age 68

Dr. Setzen

MICHAEL SETZEN OTOLARYNGOLOGY PC

600 Northern Blvd Rm 312 Great Neck, NY 11021

Dr. Michael Setzen, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Great Neck, NY and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from U Of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg in 1974 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat.

Dr. Setzen accepts

Dr. Setzen accepts the following insurance:

Health Net

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Broken Nose
  • Chronic Laryngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Cough
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Laryngitis
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tinnitus

Dr. Setzen?
Dr. Setzen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Setzen, MD
RecentMost Helpful
My 9 year daughter (whose an avid and serious singer) had to get her tonsils and adenoids removed in a time-sensitive schedule. She had two big singing performances in a month range. Dr Setzen scheduled us in for her to be able to sing at one performance, remove her tonsils/adenoids right after and heal in time for the other one. That’s not all, my daughter had a very smooth operation, she was at Hershey park 3 days after and sang her heart out as if a scalpel never went into that throat — and even won the singing competition! Thank you Dr Setzen!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Last Monday, Dr. Setzen performed the Entellus Balloon Sinuplasty procedure on my nose. I was a bit nervous as I heard that there could be a slow recovery and quite a bit of pain. Dr. Setzen assured me that the anesthesia was better now and the recovery would be much quicker. He was exactly right. There was almost no pain during the procedure and everything went smoothly. I was quite tired that evening and was able to resume all normal activities the next day. My breathing has become less labored and I highly recommend this procedure to anyone who needs it. Dr. Setzen and his staff explained everything to me and were highly professional. Henry Klein
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen has been very proactive in helping me get over chronic sinitus. I have suffered for years with sinus infections and pressure. I have also been to other doctors who refused to touch me because I was 75 years old. Dr. Setzen preformed Baloon Sinuplasty on me and he greatly opened my sinus canals which in turn relieved me greatly I am very happy with the results and glad I met Dr. Setzen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen repaired a terrible nasal fracture that I suffered many years ago. He was able to piece my nose back together. I healed quickly and I am doing very well since he completed my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
It has been 2 years since my sinus surgery and I am still clear of all pressure and sinus infections!
He’s great and smart!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr Setzen did a great job on my blocked nasal passages with the balloon method it has been a year and still breathing freely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
i had sinus dilation and septoplasty in office in april 2017. starting in February 2016 I lost my sense of taste and smell, had trouble breathing and coughing. after seeing numerous doctors, allergists, pulmonologists and numerous medications , dr setzen performed the surgery. since then I have had no issues with breathing, no more coughing off all meds . amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Finally after many years of sinus headaches and coughing, Dr. Setzen figures out the issue and treatment. Doing so much better. Even a well known hospital just gave me strong Robitussin and not looked into the cause. Today’s appointment with Manderly Cohen, MS for vocal chord test, found her very patient to keep me relaxed to enable her to finish the test. Student Ona Reed had a comforting smile with the ability to make the test seems easy. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
My parents started taking me to Dr. Setzen when I was toddler. I used to have constant ear infections when I was baby so he performed a surgery with ear tubes to cure that. I haven't had an issue since. I have been seeing him my entire life after that. Throughout my teens and early twenties I would get sinus infections 4-5 times a year. Dr. Setzen was rather careful with the diagnoses of a sinus infection every time, waiting for the infection to fully develop before putting me on antibiotics. At
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I am not one to write reviews but I feel so strongly about the exceptional care I received from Dr. Setzen and hope to help as many people I can by spreading the word. I had a severe case of chronic sinusitis and suffered from chronic colds and debilitating headaches. Dr Setzen solved these issues and my quality of life has drastically improved. Dr Setzen has a genuine interest in the health and well-being of his patients, listens attentively and never makes you feel rushed. Best doctor ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
The staff and Dr Setzen were extremely patient and kind to my son. Dr Setzen explained all findings thoroughly and explained necessary procedures that would be needed to address my son's condition. He also suggested to have second opinion if we felt it was warranted which made me feel he was very trustworthy. He performed an Adenoidectomy, Frenectomy and resection of Turbinate's at the Ambulatory Surgical Center at Northwwell Manhasset. Dr Setzen explained everything in detail to my son, me and
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Balloon Dilation Eustachian tube gave me relief of pain and pressure in my ears-also I was having ongoing sinus problems and nasal congestion and this was relieved with nasal and sinus surgery. Dr.Setzen gave me a new lease on life and I am very thankful. I highly recommend Dr.Setzen should you have this problem. David Bross, Long Island,New York
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
As a physician I know firsthand how important it is to choose the right surgeon for a procedure. Dr. Setzen performed a nasal valve reconstruction and complex septoplasty procedure with exceptional results. Prior to the surgery, I was nearly unable to breathe thru my nose with complete nasal valve collapse when inhaling and I was unable to breathe silently. Post-surgery I was able to breathe clearly, and silently for the first time in over a decade. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr . Setzen had been my doctor for over 25 years. I have chronic sinus problems. Before I went to him, no ENT was able to help me. I used to get severe headaches and have trouble functioning. I am much better now and credit him for my improved health. His staff is wonderful and I know they are always there to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr Setzen has the knowledge the skills and the values to give exemplary care while minimizing his patients anxiety. I underwent surgery by Dr Setzen almost 15 years ago to correct a deviated septum and to remove nasal polyps and I would recommend him highly. He has a delightful bedside manner & is extremely competant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Sinus Infections Helped with Surgery! I suffered for years from : *Chronic Sinusitis *Nasal Congestion *Nasal Polyps Dr. Setzen saved me and improved my quality of life. The only thing helped me was surgery - Endoscopic Sinus surgery Balloon sinus dilation I’m a new man. It was a relatively painless procedure and quick recovery time. I no longer get sinus infections and can breathe! I could not believe the difference after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I was lucky to find Michael Setzen Have a problem with nose, curverd septum, pollips and plastic surgery All went good and very happy with resolts Strongly recommended for everyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen performed surgery to correct a deviated septum for me & both of our sons. He has treated all of us whenever we had sinus infections & ear/nose/throat issues. He has always been the most professional & pleasant person. Whenever we go to him, he accurately diagnoses the root cause of our issues and the treatment he subsequently prescribes for us cures us rapidly. He is very patient, listens carefully, is compassionate, and has an outstanding bedside manner with his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Michael Setzen for many years. I have a chronic nasal condition and needed several surgeries to be able to breathe and function normally. All surgeries were performed by Dr. Setzen with great success. He has always shown great care, deep understanding of a problem and how to treat it. To put it simply - brilliant mind, golden hands, beautiful personality. Thank you Dr. Setzen! Mikhail Levin
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Setzen?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Setzen treats patients.