Dr. Michael Setzen, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 69

Michael Setzen Otolaryngology PC

600 Northern Blvd Rm 312 Great Neck, NY 11021

Dr. Michael Setzen, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Great Neck, NY and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Setzen has more experience with Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery and Otologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from U of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg medical school in 1974. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Setzen to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Michael Setzen, MD with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists near you

Dr. Setzen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Setzen

2.197802197802198%

Dr. Setzen?
  • Appointment scheduling (89)
  • Explained conditions well (89)
  • Listened & answered questions (89)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Office environment (2)
There is no one better than Dr. Setzen. He answered any and every single question prior to my surgery and took such amazing care of me. He knew how anxious I was about the surgery and he and his team put me at ease. Everything he explained to me pre surgery was exactly what happened post surgery.
Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen came highly recommended not only by other patients but by other surgeons. I had my surgery on a Tuesday and after my follow-up visit the next day I felt great. Dr. Setzen also has a great bedside manner. My appointments never feel rushed. I’m so grateful I found his caring office and glad to be in such great hands.
Karen B – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
It was amazing. He gave a thorough exam and did cryonasal surgery on my husband. In 20 minutes he fixed 65 years of suffering. He can breath, has no post nasal drip, snoring improved by 95%n and no choking or hacking cough. We had to travel to Great Neck for his services because I could not find a doctor in the Boston area and it was one of the best decisions we have made. Dr. Setzen and his assistant Moya are so caring, we could not have been in better hands.
Judy and Ken Alpert – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I am writing this on behalf of my grandmother who is a retired healthcare professional. She says that Dr. Michael Setzen saved her life. Making himself available for frequent visits, delivering a proper diagnosis, and explaining things extremely clearly has left my grandmother with nothing but the best things to say about her experience. He is a doctor who cares and treats his patients well.
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Had tube placed in middle ear-two weeks ago because of Eustachian Tube disfunction-my middle ear filled with fluid-I couldn’t hear,had disequilibrium & was having pain in my ear! This problem has been happening intermittently!Dr.Setzen suggested having placing a tube in my ear to resolve this problem! It was done in his office -procedure went very well & now I can hear again!!! Very happy that this was done
MK – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I had major sinus surgery with Dr. Setzen about 2 weeks ago and, already, I'm feeling a world of difference. I can breathe much easier through my nose and my congestion has gone down exponentially. Before, I got constant sinus infections, headaches, pressure and congestion. Now, I feel like a completely different person. My quality of life has gone up so much in such a short amount of time. I would recommend Dr. Setzen to anyone seeking nasal surgery!
Aaron B – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I have allergies. No doctor suggested I should see an ENT. In my mid/late twenties my nose troubles led to difficulty falling asleep and resultant tiredness. I often would get incapacitated for WEEKS by cold viruses. Continuously, I was told it was "just allergies." It turned out that my nasal passages were very tight/crooked and my sinuses were basically physically closed off. Around six months ago, I had a septoplasty (my condition necessitated bone repositioning) and turbinate reduction, requiring nasal splints and packing post-surgery. My breathing is much improved and I fall asleep easily. My post-nasal drip has also been reduced. Allergy medication actually reaches my sinuses. The recovery was pretty brutal in my case. But even so, it was definitely worth it and I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Setzen not just for his expertise but because he will listen, explain, and show you images of your septum so you can actually see the issue.
Zach S – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Thank you Dr. Setzen! Dr. setzen has been taking care of my husband for several years and when I was suffering with sinus headaches, post nasal trip and difficulty breathing, I went to see him. A CT scan revealed a total blockage of the sphenoid sinus. Dr. Setzen explained that the infection could get into my brain and/or cause blindness and neede to be taken care of via surgery. Because of extra thick bone around the area and my medical history, he recommended ambulatory surgery under general anesthesia, I was petrified. Dr. Setzen was kind and compassionate and did an inceduble job in fixing the problem. There was almost no post surgical pain, a minimum amount of discomfort and I find that I can breathe much better. It is a pleasure dealing with his office staff and I find him extremely thorough in follow up. Again, I thank him profusely. Not only do,I feel better but I really think he has saved me from more severe problems.
Sue Polansky in Plainview, NY – Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I went to Dr. Setzen for a sinus issue and post nasal drip that was getting worse. He examined me, took a scan, and made the diagnosis that my sinuses were very swollen and that they were not draining properly. He performed a Entellus Ballon procedure and within a few days not only did the drip stop but also the headaches, and everything was draining as it should. I also had issues with my ears "closing" and the doctor that I was seeing previously said that I had hearing loss and sold me hearing aids. After Dr. Setzen's procedure my ears no longer were a problem. I would highly recommend Dr. Stezen for someone who has had sinus issues and have gone to other doctors that could, or did not help them.
Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
My 9 year daughter (whose an avid and serious singer) had to get her tonsils and adenoids removed in a time-sensitive schedule. She had two big singing performances in a month range. Dr Setzen scheduled us in for her to be able to sing at one performance, remove her tonsils/adenoids right after and heal in time for the other one. That’s not all, my daughter had a very smooth operation, she was at Hershey park 3 days after and sang her heart out as if a scalpel never went into that throat — and even won the singing competition! Thank you Dr Setzen!
A.S in Sands Point, NY – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Last Monday, Dr. Setzen performed the Entellus Balloon Sinuplasty procedure on my nose. I was a bit nervous as I heard that there could be a slow recovery and quite a bit of pain. Dr. Setzen assured me that the anesthesia was better now and the recovery would be much quicker. He was exactly right. There was almost no pain during the procedure and everything went smoothly. I was quite tired that evening and was able to resume all normal activities the next day. My breathing has become less labored and I highly recommend this procedure to anyone who needs it. Dr. Setzen and his staff explained everything to me and were highly professional. Henry Klein
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen has been very proactive in helping me get over chronic sinitus. I have suffered for years with sinus infections and pressure. I have also been to other doctors who refused to touch me because I was 75 years old. Dr. Setzen preformed Baloon Sinuplasty on me and he greatly opened my sinus canals which in turn relieved me greatly I am very happy with the results and glad I met Dr. Setzen.
Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen repaired a terrible nasal fracture that I suffered many years ago. He was able to piece my nose back together. I healed quickly and I am doing very well since he completed my surgery.
Jenn M in Long Beach, NY – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
It has been 2 years since my sinus surgery and I am still clear of all pressure and sinus infections!
Oyster Bay, NY – Mar 02, 2019
He’s great and smart!!!
Vincent LoBianco in Coram, NY – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr Setzen did a great job on my blocked nasal passages with the balloon method it has been a year and still breathing freely.
Peter Antine in syosset, NY – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
i had sinus dilation and septoplasty in office in april 2017. starting in February 2016 I lost my sense of taste and smell, had trouble breathing and coughing. after seeing numerous doctors, allergists, pulmonologists and numerous medications , dr setzen performed the surgery. since then I have had no issues with breathing, no more coughing off all meds . amazing.
joe pecora in oyster bay, NY – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Finally after many years of sinus headaches and coughing, Dr. Setzen figures out the issue and treatment. Doing so much better. Even a well known hospital just gave me strong Robitussin and not looked into the cause. Today’s appointment with Manderly Cohen, MS for vocal chord test, found her very patient to keep me relaxed to enable her to finish the test. Student Ona Reed had a comforting smile with the ability to make the test seems easy. Thank you.
Brady in Malverne , NY – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
My parents started taking me to Dr. Setzen when I was toddler. I used to have constant ear infections when I was baby so he performed a surgery with ear tubes to cure that. I haven't had an issue since. I have been seeing him my entire life after that. Throughout my teens and early twenties I would get sinus infections 4-5 times a year. Dr. Setzen was rather careful with the diagnoses of a sinus infection every time, waiting for the infection to fully develop before putting me on antibiotics. At
Tom Quaranta in Manhasset, NY – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I am not one to write reviews but I feel so strongly about the exceptional care I received from Dr. Setzen and hope to help as many people I can by spreading the word. I had a severe case of chronic sinusitis and suffered from chronic colds and debilitating headaches. Dr Setzen solved these issues and my quality of life has drastically improved. Dr Setzen has a genuine interest in the health and well-being of his patients, listens attentively and never makes you feel rushed. Best doctor ever!
Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Setzen?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat