Dr. Michael Setzen, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 71

Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Michael Setzen, MD is an Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Great Neck, NY. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Michael Setzen, MD

Michael Setzen Otolaryngology PC

600 Northern Blvd Rm 312 Great Neck, NY 11021

Compare Dr. Michael Setzen, MD with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists near you

Dr. Setzen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Setzen

Sinus surgery
Dr. Setzen performed sinus surgery because of chronic, recurring sinus infections. great experience, just overnight hospital stay and rapid recovery. Vast improvement with no recurrences. Dr. Setzen's follow-ups to monitor recovery and subsequent condition were a major positive.
Aug 01, 2022
Ellen
Dr. Setzen is not only a brilliant doctor, but has outstanding bedside manner. I highly recommend him to anyone and everyone who is in the need of a remarkable ENT.
Ellen – Jun 20, 2022
Balloon Dilation
I consulted Dr. Setzen about a sinus problem that was possibly caused by a dental implant. He suggested Balloon Dilation which is a procedure that could be done in the office under local anesthesia. It was unclear at that time whether that would resolve the problem or I would need more surgery or would have to replace my implant. The surgery was quick, the recuperation period rather easy and the surgery was very successful. It saved me from undergoing general anesthesia and in the end resolved my dental problems. Thank you to Dr. Setzen for his excellent work, professionalism and affable nature. And thanks to Moya for her friendliness and competence.
SS3 – May 23, 2022
Dr. Setzen is WONDERFUL!
Dr. Setzen is incredible. I always struggled with nasal problems and as I got older they became unbearable. I suffered from constant sinus infections and it was horrifically difficult to breathe through my nose when laying down. I first went to a different otolaryngologist who performed two surgeries on my nose, but I was left feeling no better than before with no answers as to why. Miraculously, I came across Dr. Setzen and he undoubtably changed my life. He was able to diagnose my nasal valve collapse along with other unresolved nasal/sinus issues within minutes upon walking into the room. He performed an intricate 4+ hour surgery where he reconstructed the valve collapse (tip of my nose) using cartilage from my ear, and he also removed a polyp from my sinuses and corrected other slight issues he found. That surgery was now 8 years ago, and I can happily say that I am doing phenomenal. Dr. Setzen gave me a new quality of life. He is a great doctor and I can’t recommend him enough
Allison C. – Mar 23, 2022
Oops!
Dr. Setzen and his staff are top notch. I wrote a review last year and somehow messed up the “stars.” As you can tell by my comments, I have nothing but positive things to say. I ca t figure out how to edit the “stars” but rest assured 5 stars are deserved.
Susan Polansky – Feb 03, 2022
Highly Recommend!
Dr. Setzen delivers on his promises. On my first appointment, he did a thorough exam including a scan. He is gentle and after spending some time with me, he suggested surgery to correct anatomical problems. I agreed as I was happy to get a clear explanation for long-term issues related to breathing, smell and post nasal drip. I had surgery on November 17 for deviated septum, turbinates, nasal stenosis and sinus inflammation. I am most grateful for Dr. Setzen as he delivered on ALL his promises. The first week is the most difficult as the nose is packed making it difficult to speak, sleep and breathe. The most significant comment is that I experienced no pain from the surgery! Dr. Setzen provided advice that made the recovery process go a lot smoother. For example, drinking plenty of water, cough drops and lip balm made a whole difference as they provided much needed comfort and relief. Dr. Setzen and Moya showed so much concern and compassion throughout the whole process. I have
M Waters – Feb 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I’m an undergraduate premedical student who experienced congestion, nasal breathing difficulties, and nose bleeds, after nasal spray treatment, for the past two years. These symptoms made it difficult for me to breathe day to day, sleep comfortably, and required me to blow my nose continuously throughout the day. Consequently, I met with Dr. Setzen and described my condition. After all, my septum was deviated, sinuses constricted, and airways tight. After consultation, I decided to go through with endoscopic nasal surgery. After the procedure, I’ve come to realize how easy it should’ve been to breathe through my nose and gained a new found appreciation for a clear nose and easy breathing. Dr. Setzen is highly knowledgeable, skilled, and compassionate. Dr. Setzen took the time to explain the details of the procedure, allowing me to understand its significance and how it will improve my quality of life afterwards. From the very beginning, he took the time to listen to my concerns and ad
Sep 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen performed endoscopic sinus, turbinate, septoplasty, nasal valve collapse, and revision rhinoplasty surgery in one procedure for me. I’m approximately two months post surgery and VERY thrilled with my results. Dr. Setzen is very professional and it has been refreshing to work with a doctor who is understanding, knowledgeable, honest, and patient with my concerns. Since I had a rhinoplasty procedure before, I was very diligent while researching doctors and extra careful while choosing the right doctor to perform this complex surgery. The results have been life changing and my quality of life has improved substantially. Everything has exceeded my expectations from start to finish. I’m no longer living with chronic congestion, constant nose blowing, and I’m able to take deep breaths through my nose. The outer appearance also looks completely natural and I couldn’t be happier!
Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I was hospitalized four times in both St. Francis and North Shore hospitals and all the doctors couldn’t solve my problem. One visit with Dr. Setzen changed my life. His thorough examination, questions and treatment gave new me my life back. Doctor Setzen and staff are Extremely professional, caring with a real interest to help you. I think God every day that I found him and you will too.
George Ramirez – Jun 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen took care of my 24 year old daughter this year. Her tonsils were removed and she also needed a septoplasty. He did an amazing job my daughter did so well and continues to do well. After 9 day post op she was feeling so much better and no more snoring!!!!!!Dr Setzen was always available to answer any questions or concerns I would recommend him highly!!! He's the best
Lori K – Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Several years ago, I went to Dr. Setzen because of frequent sinus headaches and infections. Within the first visit he diagnosed the issue, simply and clearly explained the procedure he recommended for me and scheduled my procedure with the greatest of ease. He certainly solved my long term issues with my sinus headaches and infections.
Feb 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
There is no one better than Dr. Setzen. He answered any and every single question prior to my surgery and took such amazing care of me. He knew how anxious I was about the surgery and he and his team put me at ease. Everything he explained to me pre surgery was exactly what happened post surgery.
Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Dr. Setzen came highly recommended not only by other patients but by other surgeons. I had my surgery on a Tuesday and after my follow-up visit the next day I felt great. Dr. Setzen also has a great bedside manner. My appointments never feel rushed. I’m so grateful I found his caring office and glad to be in such great hands.
Karen B – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
It was amazing. He gave a thorough exam and did cryonasal surgery on my husband. In 20 minutes he fixed 65 years of suffering. He can breath, has no post nasal drip, snoring improved by 95%n and no choking or hacking cough. We had to travel to Great Neck for his services because I could not find a doctor in the Boston area and it was one of the best decisions we have made. Dr. Setzen and his assistant Moya are so caring, we could not have been in better hands.
Judy and Ken Alpert – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I am writing this on behalf of my grandmother who is a retired healthcare professional. She says that Dr. Michael Setzen saved her life. Making himself available for frequent visits, delivering a proper diagnosis, and explaining things extremely clearly has left my grandmother with nothing but the best things to say about her experience. He is a doctor who cares and treats his patients well.
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Had tube placed in middle ear-two weeks ago because of Eustachian Tube disfunction-my middle ear filled with fluid-I couldn’t hear,had disequilibrium & was having pain in my ear! This problem has been happening intermittently!Dr.Setzen suggested having placing a tube in my ear to resolve this problem! It was done in his office -procedure went very well & now I can hear again!!! Very happy that this was done
MK – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I had major sinus surgery with Dr. Setzen about 2 weeks ago and, already, I'm feeling a world of difference. I can breathe much easier through my nose and my congestion has gone down exponentially. Before, I got constant sinus infections, headaches, pressure and congestion. Now, I feel like a completely different person. My quality of life has gone up so much in such a short amount of time. I would recommend Dr. Setzen to anyone seeking nasal surgery!
Aaron B – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I have allergies. No doctor suggested I should see an ENT. In my mid/late twenties my nose troubles led to difficulty falling asleep and resultant tiredness. I often would get incapacitated for WEEKS by cold viruses. Continuously, I was told it was "just allergies." It turned out that my nasal passages were very tight/crooked and my sinuses were basically physically closed off. Around six months ago, I had a septoplasty (my condition necessitated bone repositioning) and turbinate reduction, requiring nasal splints and packing post-surgery. My breathing is much improved and I fall asleep easily. My post-nasal drip has also been reduced. Allergy medication actually reaches my sinuses. The recovery was pretty brutal in my case. But even so, it was definitely worth it and I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Setzen not just for his expertise but because he will listen, explain, and show you images of your septum so you can actually see the issue.
Zach S – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
I went to Dr. Setzen for a sinus issue and post nasal drip that was getting worse. He examined me, took a scan, and made the diagnosis that my sinuses were very swollen and that they were not draining properly. He performed a Entellus Ballon procedure and within a few days not only did the drip stop but also the headaches, and everything was draining as it should. I also had issues with my ears "closing" and the doctor that I was seeing previously said that I had hearing loss and sold me hearing aids. After Dr. Setzen's procedure my ears no longer were a problem. I would highly recommend Dr. Stezen for someone who has had sinus issues and have gone to other doctors that could, or did not help them.
Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
My 9 year daughter (whose an avid and serious singer) had to get her tonsils and adenoids removed in a time-sensitive schedule. She had two big singing performances in a month range. Dr Setzen scheduled us in for her to be able to sing at one performance, remove her tonsils/adenoids right after and heal in time for the other one. That’s not all, my daughter had a very smooth operation, she was at Hershey park 3 days after and sang her heart out as if a scalpel never went into that throat — and even won the singing competition! Thank you Dr Setzen!
A.S in Sands Point, NY – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Setzen?