Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Michael Setzen, MD
Dr. Michael Setzen, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Great Neck, NY. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Setzen is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital Roslyn and North Shore University Hospital.

600 Northern Blvd Rm 312

Great Neck, NY 11021

• Health Net
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Setzen

Dr. Setzen's Experience

Dr. Setzen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Uvulectomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• U Of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • Johannesburg Genl Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1975
  • Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Setzen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Setzen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Setzen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Setzen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Setzen to family and friends
Dr. Setzen's Performance
Great Neck, NY |
Very thorough and offers good solutions to your medical problem. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.
Hicksville, NY |
A Far Easier Recovery Than I Anticipated I put off having surgery to repair my deviated septum and clear my sinuses for about five years. Although I knew that both of my parents had very positive experiences with Dr. Setzen, I was apprehensive about the recovery period. All I can say is that I should have had it done years ago! Dr. Setzen was great from our first consultation. Most of what he told me, I already knew from having seen it in my family, but he was really helpful in explaining t
Hicksville, NY |
Dr. Setzen Operated First on My Wife and then on Me I watched in amazement to see symptoms of nasal congestion and sinusitis dramatically improve for my wife following surgery performed by Dr. Setzen. When I began to develop symptoms of my own some time after, there was no question as to whom I was going to go for help. Dr. Setzen provided the same great level of care for me as he did for my wife. He was especially patient in providing information and answering questions as the problem was r
Hicksville, NY |
Nasal Congestion and Sinusitis Operated on 25 Years Ago and Still Doing Well For years I had struggled with chronic nasal congestion and sinusitis. I visited my internist and ENT more times than I could count and spent more time on antibiotics than off. I was sick frequently and rarely able to breathe properly. After I was referred to Dr. Michael Setzen, everything began to change, though. He examined me and recommended I undergo surgery, a relatively new procedure at the time. The surgery
in East Northport, NY |
As someone who has been suffering with sinus headaches and facial pain for many years; I was so very pleased that Dr. Michael Setzen was referred to me. He is not only a highly skilled doctor; but he listens to his patients and spends time explaining his diagnosis and the best possible remedy. In my case, it was Balloon Sinus Dilation. A procedure which was done in office with local anesthesia - avoiding a hospital stay and general anesthesia. I no longer get sinus headaches and pressure.
in Smithtown, NY |
I had endoscopic sinus surgery a year ago and my life has changed!! After 20 years of debilitating sinusitis which developed into constant, chronic sinus infections, I can breathe again! It had gotten so bad that I was on an antibiotic 5 x from July to Jan last year. Then a friend referred me to Dr. Setzen, and last Feb. I had my surgery. Well, not only was the surgery easily bearable, the results are remarkable.. I haven't been on an antibiotic since. and Dr. Setzen and staff are wonderful!
in Garden CIty, NY |
Underwent endoscopic sinus surgery and a repair of a deviated septum less than 2 months ago. Had the surgery as an outpatient and had a great recovery - minimal discomfort, no bruising or visible swelling after surgery. Frequent follow-up appointments to ensure that I was healing as expected. Since the surgery I have been able to breathe through my nose, sleep more soundly at night, and no longer snore. Wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Setzen for his surgical skill and compassion.
in Hempstead, NY |
Dr. Setzen operated on my husband last year. This was an in office balloon procedure. As always, the office staff, and Dr. Setzen were as warm, kind and professional as always. Dr. Setzen called me into the inner office and showed my husband and me every step of the procedure on the computer. He explained in detail where the balloon was being placed and showed us the film of each aspect of what he was doing. Simply AMAZING! As an RN, I've never worked with a Dr. more dedicated, skilled and kind.
in Plainview, NY |
Nasal Congestion/Sinus infections and Significant Nose Bleeds Cured with Surgery . After seeing Dr. Setzen, after years of problems and other doctors not finding the problem. Dr Setzen found I had a deviated septum amongst other issues. In fact I owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to him based on a nose bleeding issue that could have caused my death. In my book he is the best you can find. His compassion, knowledge, and bed side manner are absolutely great. I recommend him to all.
in Bayside, NY |
My name is Lori Senior, and I have been lucky enough to have received a recommendation to visit Dr. Michael Setzen. My experience with Dr. Setzen was life changing. I had come to Dr. Setzen after having 2 failed procedures which left me financially stressed, discouraged and still suffering from the issues I was trying to treat. I have recommended Dr. Setzen to my family and friends. He is an amazing doctor and is very passionate about helping his patients. To sum it up I would say EXCELLENT!
in Commack, NY |
Our son had broken his nose during a soccer game this fall. As a result, Dr. Setzen performed a closed nasal reduction. It was a very traumatic injury for a ten year old. Dr. Setzen walked us through the entire process and promised our son that his nose would be completely healed in no time. The fact that a scan was able to be taken in the office, saved a lot of time and anxiety. The staff was incredible in scheduling the procedure.
Hicksville, NY |
I had balloon sinuplasty recently which was a painless procedure for me. I can now breathe better than I have in the past. Dr. Setzen is a very caring and compassionate physician and made sure that I was comfortable during the procedure. He answered all my questions and concerns prior to the procedure and I felt totally at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Setzen to family and friends who have sinus problems and to have the balloon sinuplasty procedure. His office staff is very caring.
in Hicksville, NY |
In October of 2015 I decided to have balloon nasal surgery, It was the best thing I ever did. Dr. Setzen and his staff was so caring and professional I can't thank them enough. I am going for my last follow up this week and so far so good. Thank you Dr. Setzen. Carol Madigan January 17, 2016
Have you seen Dr. Michael Setzen, MD?
Are you Dr. Setzen?