Dr. Michael Schuhknecht, DO

• CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Priority Health
  • Sagamore Health Network

Dr. Schuhknecht specializes in Bariatric Surgery and practices in Niles, MI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Schuhknecht? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schuhknecht's Experience

See how Dr. Schuhknecht's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schuhknecht

Dr. Schuhknecht accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schuhknecht has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schuhknecht's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schuhknecht to family and friends
Dr. Schuhknecht's Performance
in Oxford Mi |
A fine doctor and a gentleman. You are his patient for life. Even after the weight is gone he is there for you. He has great bedside manner. I have and will recommend Dr. Schuhknecht to anyone needing help with weight loss.
Berrien Springs, MI |
I really like Dr. Schuhknecht! He is personable and friendly. He really cares about how you are doing. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family!
in Niles, MI |
Dr. Schuhknecht listens and treats me like a human and not a dollar sign. He knows me and my history even before opening the computer file.
in Niles mi |
Won't provide mecical clip that's was put in me and may have a possible allergic reaction to it. And is clearly in my charts that I have a allergy to nickel and never did a simple blood test to see. Been in pain for 3 years and nobody could figure it out. Called office to get answers and still nothing for 2 months. No concern for my health
in niles, mi |
He is a very good doctor and surgeon. He has a good relationship with his patients. Is honest in telling them what is wrong and needs to be done.
in Niles, MI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schuhknecht to other patients.
in Eau Claire, MI |
Extremely professional and cares about his patients. I would recommend family and friends to his practice.
in Niles, MI |
After having a cholecystectomy, I had some urgent concerns at 2AM. Even at that early hour, Dr. Schuhknecht was able to be reached by telephone, and reassured me that what I was experiencing was completely normal. Impeccable bedside manner, gentle and kind. In all honesty, I wish he was a general practice dr.
in Edwardsburg, MI |
was very helpful and caring. gave me excellent care.
in St Joseph, MI |
Smart, professional and courteous, I recommend him for any type of surgical need.
in Niles, MI |
he seemed to genuinely care, listen,and answer questions. i was very satisfied with my surgical experience at lakeland, and follow up.
in Benton Harbor Michigan |
Dr. Schuhknecht is the most awesome doctor I have ever meet. he was recommended to me by a co-worker and that was the best decision of my life. I was scared to find out what my health problem was and my first visit with him he made me feel at ease and is very down to earth, answered all my questions. I had to have surgery after all and that even went smooth he explained exactly what was going to happen and everything else in between. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Niles, Michigan |
Absolutely the most outstanding physician I have worked with. I consider myself fortunate that I am his patient. He is extremely intelligent, capable, honest, caring and informative. He treats his patients with the highest level of respect. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Schuhknecht and would refer my dearest friend for surgery with him. He is talented, dedicated and kind. Top notch!
in Cassopolis, MI |
He is an Excellent doctor! He did two procedures on Oct 6, 2016, he removed my Gall Bladder & did a Colonoscopy. When I went to set the appt up, I found him to be Very pleasant and informative. He made me feel comfortable & not afraid of the surgeries. He answered all my questions so I could understand the answers and knowing he is a Christian made me more relaxed. Surgeries went well, I feel great and will highly recommend him to everyone!
in Hartford, MI |
This is one Awesome Doctor! He treats you as if he is part of your family! I went to him in hopes of losing weight! He always spends time with you and answers every question in a way I can understand! I was pre diabetic when I had the gastric sleeve procedure in 2015. Day of surgery he told me I would never need the diabetic pills again!! I am now down 110 pounds and living life again! Thanks so that MAN! I will be forever grateful to you!
in Stevensville, MI |
I began having problems with weight and enlargement of my abdomen. My doctor suggested seeing a bariatric surgeon to resolve the problem. Dr. Schuhknecht met with me and offered and explanation for the problems. He took his time and answered questions from myself and my wife and he offered a general outline for treatment. I was very impressed with the doctor and am planning on taking his reccomendations for the problem. He is very easy to talk to and took time to explain.
in Niles MI |
He has done several surgery"s on me threw the years. I have been very pleased. I would recommend him to anyone. He is my favorite Dr.
in buchanan mi |
best doctor in the world. very concerned, patient, loving, caring. prayed with me before surgery. i would recommend him to the whole world. hes the best
in Buchanan, MI 49107 |
Great doctor, great support staff. A very pleasant experience. Highly recommend.
in Niles, MI |
Simply put, Dr. Schuhknecht is an amazing doctor! He truly cares for his patients!!
Niles, MI |
A truly fantastic Doctor, who really cares about his patients
in Niles, MI |
Saved My Life! First he found and then soon after removed malignant tumor. Connected me with my great oncologist, and really went above and beyond. Explained everything as we went along, made sure I understood, is caring, and thorough, he's my hero, and he's always treated us like family. We love this guy.
in Sodus, MI |
Dr. S is the best. He not only cares for his patients he cares about his patients. After surgery I had some issues. (Not his fault, my own) I got dehydrated. I called him and he told me to go to the ER. After they rehydrated me he had them admit me and then he came to see me the next morning. He gave me his personal cell phone number and made me to promise to call him if I had any more issues before he would release me. Which I did. Such caring I have never seen. He is gets A++++++++.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Schuhknecht, DO?
Are you Dr. Schuhknecht?

Dr. Schuhknecht's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Schuhknecht has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schuhknecht's Board Certifications

• Ventral Hernia

Michigan State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1993

Michigan State University

Dr. Schuhknecht does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schuhknecht and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Surgery

• Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Colectomy
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Gastric Banding, Laparoscopic
  • Gastric Sleeve Surgery
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery