Dr. Michael P. Schuhknecht, DO

Dr. Michael P. Schuhknecht, DO

Bariatric Surgery | Male | 52 years old

Lakeland General Surgery
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Schuhknecht is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Schuhknecht specializes in Bariatric Surgery and practices in Niles, MI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Schuhknecht? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schuhknecht's Experience

See how Dr. Schuhknecht's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schuhknecht

Dr. Schuhknecht accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schuhknecht has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Schuhknecht's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schuhknecht to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Schuhknecht
Dr. Schuhknecht's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
in Niles, Michigan |
Absolutely the most outstanding physician I have worked with. I consider myself fortunate that I am his patient. He is extremely intelligent, capable, honest, caring and informative. He treats his patients with the highest level of respect. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Schuhknecht and would refer my dearest friend for surgery with him. He is talented, dedicated and kind. Top notch!
in Cassopolis, MI |
He is an Excellent doctor! He did two procedures on Oct 6, 2016, he removed my Gall Bladder & did a Colonoscopy. When I went to set the appt up, I found him to be Very pleasant and informative. He made me feel comfortable & not afraid of the surgeries. He answered all my questions so I could understand the answers and knowing he is a Christian made me more relaxed. Surgeries went well, I feel great and will highly recommend him to everyone!
in Hartford, MI |
This is one Awesome Doctor! He treats you as if he is part of your family! I went to him in hopes of losing weight! He always spends time with you and answers every question in a way I can understand! I was pre diabetic when I had the gastric sleeve procedure in 2015. Day of surgery he told me I would never need the diabetic pills again!! I am now down 110 pounds and living life again! Thanks so that MAN! I will be forever grateful to you!
in Niles, MI |
He is a very good doctor. Have had wonderful experiences seeing him.
in Stevensville, MI |
I began having problems with weight and enlargement of my abdomen. My doctor suggested seeing a bariatric surgeon to resolve the problem. Dr. Schuhknecht met with me and offered and explanation for the problems. He took his time and answered questions from myself and my wife and he offered a general outline for treatment. I was very impressed with the doctor and am planning on taking his reccomendations for the problem. He is very easy to talk to and took time to explain.
in Niles MI |
He has done several surgery"s on me threw the years. I have been very pleased. I would recommend him to anyone. He is my favorite Dr.
in buchanan mi |
best doctor in the world. very concerned, patient, loving, caring. prayed with me before surgery. i would recommend him to the whole world. hes the best
in Buchanan, MI 49107 |
Great doctor, great support staff. A very pleasant experience. Highly recommend.
in Dowagiac, MI |
Dr. Schuhknecht was willing to give me the time I needed to tell my story. He was responsive to my concerns and questions. Gave me good information and helped me towards the decision for surgery that I needed to make without rushing me to make that decision. He was compassionate and supportive through out the process. Thank you, Dr. Schuhnecht.
in Niles, MI |
Simply put, Dr. Schuhknecht is an amazing doctor! He truly cares for his patients!!
Niles, MI |
A truly fantastic Doctor, who really cares about his patients
in Niles, MI |
Saved My Life! First he found and then soon after removed malignant tumor. Connected me with my great oncologist, and really went above and beyond. Explained everything as we went along, made sure I understood, is caring, and thorough, he's my hero, and he's always treated us like family. We love this guy.
in Sodus, MI |
Dr. S is the best. He not only cares for his patients he cares about his patients. After surgery I had some issues. (Not his fault, my own) I got dehydrated. I called him and he told me to go to the ER. After they rehydrated me he had them admit me and then he came to see me the next morning. He gave me his personal cell phone number and made me to promise to call him if I had any more issues before he would release me. Which I did. Such caring I have never seen. He is gets A++++++++.
Have you seen Dr. Michael P. Schuhknecht, DO?
Are you Dr. Schuhknecht?

• Ventral Hernia

• Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Colectomy
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • da Vinci® Gallbladder Removal
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Gastric Banding, Laparoscopic
  • Gastric Sleeve Surgery
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Michigan State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1993

Michigan State University

Dr. Schuhknecht has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schuhknecht does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schuhknecht and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Schuhknecht's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schuhknecht

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schuhknecht's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Schuhknecht

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients