Dr. Michael Schmerler, MD

Dr. Michael Schmerler, MD

Neurology | Male

Riverhills Neuroscience 4805 Montgomery Rd # 410 Cincinnati, OH 45212 Get Directions

Dr. Michael Schmerler, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Dr. Schmerler is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital, The Jewish Hospital, Bethesda North Hospital, West Chester Hospital, Mercy Health - Anderson Hospital, Mercy Health - Fairfield Hospital and Christ Hospital.

Dr. Schmerler's Experience

See how Dr. Schmerler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schmerler

Dr. Schmerler accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Schmerler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schmerler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schmerler to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Schmerler's Performance
    FAIR
    GOOD
Never saw my scans, spent less than 5 min, seemed so dis-interested. Not going to see him again.
Hamilton, OH |
He doesn't listen to what you are saying. He just assumed he is right. That Dr is God mentality. Assumed I was there for seizures but have lost memory. Got test done went back asked how I felt told him. He said oh because of your seizures. NO listen and read the chart dude.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Did not look at my chart, did not look at my CT scan, really did not give me the time of day. He did not answer the questions I had. I am currently looking for another neurologist for a second opinion. It was a waste of my time.
Cincinnati, OH |
I waited two months to get in to see him and 5 minutes was only spent with me the day I get in. He did not ask me about my past medical history, did not seem interested in what I had to say and the questions I asked were brushed off. I came out of the office in tears.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I had a chance to be checked by Dr Schmerler a few years back. He looked at the result of my MRI for possible brain aneurysm and luckily I was ok. My husband and I really love how smart and nice he was to us and still talk about him sometimes. He was very engaging and can pretty much discuss any subject, very impressed with his wealth of knowledge.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He is friendly and seems kind. But he completely blew off all my symptoms he ordered blood work that the office was too busy at 830 on a Monday morning to draw, a week later still have no results. I feel very ill and have had several fainting spells, I've already called for a second opinion.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very attentive, kind. Showed immediate concern. Discussed and gave me options for follow-up. Top notch!
in Cincinnati |
I was a patient at Jewish Hospital & he was the Neuro. I have a pre-existing neurological disorder & had fallen twice, once witnessed by nurses at the hospital & incurred bruising on my face on impact. I agreed to be admitted based on the plan of a brain scan . I 1st had an EEG & he gave the results to my sisters, who I do not have an amicable relationship with, violating my HIPPA rights, & decided a scan would be too expensive for a Medicare/Medicaid patient eventhough I am 3 yrs passed due
West Chester, OH |
Worst doctor ever.. Doesnt listen or care.. Couldnt answer any of my questions and I have come out worse then I went in.. Go somewhere else!
in Cincinnati, OH |
This doctor used google to diagnose me. It was a complete waste of time and MONEY.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Schmerler, MD?
Are you Dr. Schmerler?

Compare Dr. Schmerler

Dr. Schmerler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Schmerler has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schmerler's Board Certifications

• Neurology

• Aneurysm
  • Anterior Horn Disease
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Confusion
  • Dementia
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuro-Ophthalmological Disorders

Mayo Medical School

Completed in 1974

Mayo Medical School

Completed in 1978

Dr. Schmerler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schmerler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology