Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD

Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD

Pulmonary DiseaseMaleAge 68

Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD is a Pulmonologist in Las Vegas, NV. Dr. Schlachter has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease and Sleep Apnea. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Southern Hills Hospital And Medical Center and Sunrise Hospital And Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Michael Schlachter, MD

Bai Services2980 S Jones Blvd Ste C Las Vegas, NV 89146

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Schlachter is affiliated with Southern Hills Hospital And Medical Center Las Vegas, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for pulmonary disease.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

More Pulmonology Specialists at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center

Dr. Schlachter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schlachter

3.5

Dr. Schlachter

My husband had been ill for months and had gone to 3 different doctors, but never got better. Dr Schlachter took his time with us, actually asked questions and spent more time talking to us than entering information into his computer like most docs these days. We really felt like he cared. His treatment worked and my husband got better fast. Would recommend.
Sandi – Feb 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
Always concerned about me and my symptoms. Friendly staff. Helped me control my sleep apnea
John O. – Feb 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
This review is not specifically for the doctor's abilities. He helped me when I was in the hospital with Covid. It's for the horrible way he and his office practice medicine. I contacted his office for just a list of the medication he gave me in the hospital. The nurse wouldn't even get a message to him. My own doctor called and they refused to speak wit h them. If you want a caring doctor, look elsewhere. And the real shame is they won't care about this review.
Rick Bronstein – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
Dr. Schlachter is great doctor. I was sick for over two months and my primary could not help me as I had a harder and harder time breathing with a severe cough. Finally, he gave me a referral and I saw Dr. Schlachter who began treatment and a long 6 month recovery. Dr. Schlachter is compassionate, and listens to you - unlike my previous primary. I feel blessed to have found him.
Paulette – Jul 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
My husband had appointment for 3/19,, needless to say they are closed on Friday. Left message with answering service.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
B Allen – Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
I didn't get a visit although appt was made. Called last Thursday, receptionist said there was a next day cancellation. I agreed to take that one. She gave me the address & kept emphasizing between Sahara & DI. Got there the next day & office was closed. I called & left message with answering service explaining what had happened. Called office today at 11:30 (the earliest I could call), after explaining situation, she says, yeah...so why are you calling? I couldn't believe it! Rude & insensitive! So I threw out oh, I don't know, maybe I thought since your answering service had a message, someone would call to apologize & reschedule. Since I'm handicapped & live with severe pain 24/7, it took me a lot of time to get ready. She had no apology whatsoever to offer.
Deborah – Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
Dr. Schlachter is a wonderful doctor. He is caring, so helpful and listens to your questions. He does not make you feel rushed in any way; taking time to fully discuss anything you need.
Pam Houdersheldt in Las Vegas, NV – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?
I've seen many doctors for my asthma over the past 26 years and had come to expect the same medications and actions. At first I found Dr. Schlachter to be unusual because he referred me to other doctors, and tests I've never had or heard of. I found that everything he did helped and the outcome was better than I've had with any other doctor treating my asthma. I would recommend Dr. Schlachter to anyone.
Denise in Las Vegas – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schlachter?

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Frequently Treated by Dr. Schlachter

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Schlachter treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Schlachter treats other conditions, please contact the office at (702) 233-0485.

Obstructive Lung Disease

Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other Obstructive Lung Disease specialists.

Dr. Schlachter is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Bronchiectasis
Emphysema
Asthma
Normal
High
Very High

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Schlachter is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Check Dr. Schlachter's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schlachter's conditions and procedures:

• Acidosis
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Lung Nodule
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Thoracentesis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Schlachter accepts

Dr. Schlachter accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Choice-NV PPO

Fitzsimons Army Med Center
Good Samaritan Reg Med Center
University Ks School Of Med
University of Kansas Medical School

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD?

Call (702) 509-7161 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.

Is Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Schlachter's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Schlachter accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Schlachter frequently treats Obstructive Lung Disease and Sleep Apnea. See all practice areas where Dr. Schlachter specializes.

Where is Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD's office located?

Dr. Schlachter's office is located at 2980 S Jones Blvd Ste C, Las Vegas, NV 89146. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Michael Schlachter, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Schlachter has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

Dr. Schlachter is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Southern Hills Hospital And Medical Center

Las Vegas, NV

72% Patients that would definitely recommend, 2% higher than the national average

5 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ (2022)

Sunrise Hospital And Medical Center

Las Vegas, NV

60% Patients that would definitely recommend, 10% lower than the national average

9 Awards Received

Award Highlight: America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)

Summerlin Hospital Medical Center

Las Vegas, NV

63% Patients that would definitely recommend, 7% lower than the national average