Dr. Michael Schabacker, MD

Dr. Michael Schabacker, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Schabacker, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Billings, MT. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

2900 12th Ave N Ste 335W

Billings, MT 59101

Learn about Dr. Schabacker

See how frequently Dr. Schabacker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Low Back Pain
Back Pain

Dr. Schabacker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Upper Back Pain

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Montana.

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • U Va
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Schabacker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schabacker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schabacker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schabacker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schabacker to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Schabacker's Performance
in billings, mt |
I will have to give this dr. Michael schabacker MD Stars. the main reason I will give this doctor five stars is because he had doesn't have a computer sitting in front of him. he sits on a rolling stool in front of you while he looks you in the face and lets you talk. He asks questions and goes over with you the next step. He is very adamant about making sure he covers everything in each 20-minute visit no time is wasted. He has a great bedside manner. He shows empathy. I love his staff.
Billings, MT |
1st appointment today. Extremely impressed with Dr. Schabacker’s bedside manner. Very compassionate, knowledgeable, explained/answered questions. Did not feel rushed through at all. Entire staff in his office also kind/professional. Very impressed with the strict and straightforward regulations to enter/remain a patient in his practice. Seems to me this is the way pain mgmt practice should be run.
Billings, MT |
he always is concerned about the meds he describes can be addicting
I was super skeptical when I was referred to this clinic. After my appointment today, I am so relieved. Dr. Schabacker is very caring and compassionate and put me at ease immediately. Communication is so important with a doctor and he listened patiently to my concerns. I was treated very respectfully by the front office staff and nurse as well. If you're feeling nervous about an upcoming appt like I was, no need to worry.
I've been a patient of Dr. Schabacker's for 15 years. He is compassionate, honest, follows strict regulations regarding treating chronic pain and has an A+ bedside manner. He's truly a professional in every way. My concern is what will happen when he retires? Pain Management is not an easy specialty due to the DEA constantly watching. They will not find any wrong doing in his clinic. Patients, once referred & accepted, sign a strict Pain contract. Those who violate the contract are dismissed.
in Opheim, Mt |
I have never been so disappointed in a medical professional in my life. My daughter is in need of pain management for chronic pain as well as the counseling to learn to live with it. She was denied that by Dr Schumacher. She was denied because supposedly in 2014, before we were even looking into pain management, she was a no show at an appointment. She wasn't even doctoring in Billings back then. The specialist even personally called him and he agreed to see her but changed his mind..
in POWELL wyoming |
Dr shabacker 's pa Hans didn't even let me explain my situation after a year of no infractions no bad UA's nothing he sent me a certified later to be there at a certain time and bring my medication I told him I had to take more because my pain was worse and he wouldn't listen saying " He heard from another patient that I was selling my pills !!!!!!!!!!! I DONT Do THAT I AM A 43 YEAR OLD WOMAN WITH PTSD FRIM MY EX HUSBAND TRYING TO KLL ME I ALSO HAVE OSTEOPOROSIS WND FIBERMYALEISA ABD DDD HES BAD
in Powell Wyoming |
Dr shabacker is an awesome Dr he is really there to listen to you and also to make you feel better.he isn't like most drs that all they want us your money or insurance money and could care less if your ok HE REALLY CARES ABD SO Does HIS STAFF from Kathy Flores Powell wyoming
in Glendive, MT |
My mom saw Dr last fall. We were impressed with the visit and felt that he would help with her pain issues. He said he would look at her MRI and contact our primary physician about possible pain meds that she could take. After one month, her primary physician tried to contact him several times and I also tried to contact him for information. They would never get back to me or the physician and have done nothing. I would expect a letter or something as to why he doesn't want to treat her!
in Laurel Montana |
They make my life possible do do day to day activities with moderate pain. I love Michael and Lisa.
in Billings, MT |
Poorest quality treatment ever experienced (69 years of age) Dr must get paid on patient volume not quality of care. One cannot see the Dr sooner then every three months. Staff is definitly not at the national level of competency which is a significant concern. Even though I do not, nor have I ever used medical marajauna the Rocky Mountain Pain Clinic will dismiss patients for this even though it is legal in this state. It struck me as odd even though I would not choose this treatment= biased.
in Great Falls, MT |
We were three minutes late for an appointment after driving 210 miles. We tried to explain we were required to have one of the tires on our car replaced due to running over debris. Most new cars don't have a spare tire,but have a can of tire repair solution. A service repairman was called from 25 miles away and replaced the tire, but over two hours had elapsed. The skinny, long haired blonde, receptionist told us our appointment was cancelled and to return the next day. Very Unprofessional.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Schabacker, MD?
Are you Dr. Schabacker?