Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 38

Wake Orthopaedics

222 Ashville Ave Ste 20 Cary, NC 27518

Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Cary, NC. Dr. Ruffolo has more experience with Hip & Pelvic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Wakemed Cary Hospital and WakeMed Raleigh Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ruffolo to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Ruffolo

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Ruffolo treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Ruffolo treats other conditions, please contact the office at (919) 235-0616.

Hip & Pelvic Surgery

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip & Pelvic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Ruffolo is experienced in the area of Hip & Pelvic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Hip Replacement

Dr. Ruffolo's conditions and procedures:

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Avascular Necrosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Ruffolo accepts

Dr. Ruffolo accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Ruffolo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ruffolo

Dr. Ruffolo

Dr. Ruffolo gives you confidence in his ability and is not an alarmist. He explains the procedure so that you understand what will take place. He compliments progress after surgery (real important after working hard at physical therapy). His manner is calming and caring. I feel privileged to have had such a physician correct my knee. I am very grateful to him.
Carole Anne Dominello – Sep 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo did my hip replacement and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. He explained everything to me a d answered all my questions and fears. Now post surgery 6 weeks I feel so much better and I can walk without extreme pain. I would definitely recommend him to everyone who needs hip replacement.
C. Petersen – Jul 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo was thoughtful in his approach and wanted to hear from me about my goals and my concerns before we discussed the prospect of surgery. My experience was 100 percent positive. I cannot say enough good things about him and his team. My results have far exceeded my expectations. (I am walking without pain or a cane after just 6 weeks following total hip replacement).
Agnes Stevens – Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I had to have a knee replacement replaced. My primary physician told me Dr. Ruffolo was "magic." "His patients heal in half the time of others." He did not exaggerate. Dr. Ruffolo was great. Surgery and post-surgery care were great as well.
Frank F Yarborough – Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo and staff are awesome. Professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. Dr. Ruffolo takes his time with you and explains everything to you. He listens and really cares about his patients. I have never had surgery and he made me feel at ease. I am so pleased with my “new knee” and would not hesitate one second to go back to him if I needed to have the other knee replaced. I highly recommend him and his staff.
Etta Ball – Mar 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo was referred to me by a friend. She gave him high praise. I was scheduled to have my surgery at another location and different doctor. I called and made an appointment to see Dr. Ruffolo. His office was right on wit a quick appointment date and they were very professional when I got to his office. Everyone in his office were very polite and friendly. Dr. Ruffolo ordered an xray and explained my condition in a very understanding way along with the treatment and procedure I needed. Everything went exactly as he explained and I am out of pain for the first time in 2 years. I would highly recommend him and his staff at Wake Med Cary Ortho to anyone needing an orthopedic doctor.
Michael Flora – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I had a total Knee replacement a year ago. It was the best thing that I've done for myself. Dr. Ruffolo and his staff were truly amazing from the first time I walked into the office. Thank you for giving me my life back!
Amy Adair – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I was transferred to Dr. Ruffolo from another Orthopedic Surgeon out of town. It was the best thing that could have happened. I had been waiting a year to get my left knee replaced, and was concerned about having to start over with him. No; he went over my chart and we began. His major concern was controlling my pain because I take pain meds. daily due to 5 back surgeries. He painted the worst possible senerio for my pain. I told him I would have to suffer thru it, the knee was crippling me. I could hardly walk on it using a cane. It would give out and I’d be getting up off the floor. This had to be corrected regardless of the pain. So he agreed to do it, and Ashlee got it scheduled. Well COVD-19 got it postponed 1 week before it was on the schedule. Finally on 6/3/20 it was done. I walking the next day. PT came to my home on 6/5/20. At my 2 week checkup he could not believe the range of motion I had back, and was on my regular pain meds. Less than 90 days I’m back to normal.
Russell J. – Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I went to Dr Ruffolo seeking a second opinion on my hip pain. He met with me and discussed my pain and he ask could he perform some xrays. After having the xrays done, he came back and said he didn't like to jump to surgery immediately but there was nothing he could do short of surgery because I had bone on bone. He didn't pressure me into any decision and advised if I wanted him to do the surgery to call back. I let some time go by and finally made my decision to move forward. I am so thankful that I made this decision to move forward with Dr. Ruffolo. He and his staff have been absolutely outstanding. They have answered all questions, followed up with me to make sure I was OK. He has the best bedside manner and answers any and all questions. I have recommended him to many friends that need to do the same thing. OUTSTANDING doctor! I have had no pain since surgery and my recovery has been quick and pain free. Highly recommend them.
Yvonne – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr.Ruffolo was wonderful! I had major problems with. 4 year old knee replacement. All I can say is he was God sent. I would send friends and family to him. I am walking without any support, after being in a wheelchair for 6 months.
Kathy Rowen – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
On May 6, 2020, Dr. Ruffolo did total hip replacement surgery on me. I am amazed every day how I am walking and doing other things pain free. Dr. Ruffolo is without a doubt the best surgeon to see if you are having issues with your hip. I would recommend him to my family and friends if they ever have hip issues. What an awesome doctor!!!
Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Michael Ruffolo is amazing. He performed my both knee surgeries and I'm very Happy with the results! He is a very professional and kind surgeon. He makes you feel like your concerns are valid. Strongly recommend Dr. Ruffolo.
Octavian Codrean – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
One of the best doctors I have been treated by!
Arline McNeill – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Michael Ruffolo and his entire staff are amazing. Since I am a musician, I usually describe events in musical terms. Dr. Ruffolo conducted myLeft Hip Anterior Concerto. He could not have been more professional or more kind during my whole experience. He always has time to listen to and answer any questions or concerns. He kept my pain to a very minimal throughout the process. His surgical team at Wake Med, Cary was professional and worked in perfect harmony as they cared for me like I was family. I can't recommend Dr. Ruffolo enough to other patients. At the end of my Concerto, all I could say was BRAVO for Dr. Ruffolo with thunderous applause!
Dr. Daniel W. Hester – Apr 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I have seen Dr. Ruffolo on several occasions as he did hip replacement surgery on me recently. He is a wonderful, talented and kind doctor who listens and answers all my questions. He explains every detail of what will happen during surgery. He never seems in a hurry and will take as much time with me as I need. The wait time is always short and everyone who works in the Apex and Cary offices are all very nice and helpful. I will most definitely recommend him to my friends and family.
Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo is an amazing surgeon , my left knee was total , sliding off the bone. but he helped me and I'm back walking , by the help of God I'm doing great. I recommend him to anyone that has joint problems . that's a skill that God put in his care and he uses it to help people. great surgeon lovely person .
Deborah A. Smith – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Can't find a more caring Surgeon!
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr Ruffolo is an amazing surgeon. I had suffered with severe knee deterioration for years. His techniques are far advanced and he is a very caring person. He thoroughly explains the complete process of pre-op, surgery, and recovery beforehand. Extreme measure are performed to avoid infection. I had minimal pain after surgery and was back in the gym a few weeks after each knee was replaced. Now two months after the second knee replacement was completed, there is very little I cannot do effortlessly and without pain. I feel and act twenty years younger. Thank you Doctor Ruffolo for a new life
John Lambert – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Ruffolo and his staff. I had a partial knee replacement. He did a fantastic job and has a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him!
Heather – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo is an amazing physician and a really great, caring individual. What really impressed us is that he is never rushed and always has time for our many questions. His skills are beyond reproach. He gave my husband a new life when he took on his case, and we will be forever grateful.
Russ B. – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ruffolo?

My goal is to provide superior medical services through my friendly, knowledgeable, and caring staff. Our physicians, therapists, and employees function...Read more

Dr. Michael Ruffolo is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and complex hip and knee replacement...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery