Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 36

Dr. Ruffolo

Wake Orthopaedics

400 Us 70 Hwy E Ste 100 Garner, NC 27529

Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Garner, NC. He is affiliated with medical facilities Wakemed Cary Hospital and WakeMed Raleigh Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ruffolo to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Garner

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Ruffolo accepts

Dr. Ruffolo accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. Ruffolo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ruffolo

Dr. Ruffolo?
I went to Dr Ruffolo seeking a second opinion on my hip pain. He met with me and discussed my pain and he ask could he perform some xrays. After having the xrays done, he came back and said he didn't like to jump to surgery immediately but there was nothing he could do short of surgery because I had bone on bone. He didn't pressure me into any decision and advised if I wanted him to do the surgery to call back. I let some time go by and finally made my decision to move forward. I am so thankful that I made this decision to move forward with Dr. Ruffolo. He and his staff have been absolutely outstanding. They have answered all questions, followed up with me to make sure I was OK. He has the best bedside manner and answers any and all questions. I have recommended him to many friends that need to do the same thing. OUTSTANDING doctor! I have had no pain since surgery and my recovery has been quick and pain free. Highly recommend them.
Yvonne – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr.Ruffolo was wonderful! I had major problems with. 4 year old knee replacement. All I can say is he was God sent. I would send friends and family to him. I am walking without any support, after being in a wheelchair for 6 months.
Kathy Rowen – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
On May 6, 2020, Dr. Ruffolo did total hip replacement surgery on me. I am amazed every day how I am walking and doing other things pain free. Dr. Ruffolo is without a doubt the best surgeon to see if you are having issues with your hip. I would recommend him to my family and friends if they ever have hip issues. What an awesome doctor!!!
Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Michael Ruffolo is amazing. He performed my both knee surgeries and I'm very Happy with the results! He is a very professional and kind surgeon. He makes you feel like your concerns are valid. Strongly recommend Dr. Ruffolo.
Octavian Codrean – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
One of the best doctors I have been treated by!
Arline McNeill – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Michael Ruffolo and his entire staff are amazing. Since I am a musician, I usually describe events in musical terms. Dr. Ruffolo conducted myLeft Hip Anterior Concerto. He could not have been more professional or more kind during my whole experience. He always has time to listen to and answer any questions or concerns. He kept my pain to a very minimal throughout the process. His surgical team at Wake Med, Cary was professional and worked in perfect harmony as they cared for me like I was family. I can't recommend Dr. Ruffolo enough to other patients. At the end of my Concerto, all I could say was BRAVO for Dr. Ruffolo with thunderous applause!
Dr. Daniel W. Hester – Apr 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I have seen Dr. Ruffolo on several occasions as he did hip replacement surgery on me recently. He is a wonderful, talented and kind doctor who listens and answers all my questions. He explains every detail of what will happen during surgery. He never seems in a hurry and will take as much time with me as I need. The wait time is always short and everyone who works in the Apex and Cary offices are all very nice and helpful. I will most definitely recommend him to my friends and family.
Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo is an amazing surgeon , my left knee was total , sliding off the bone. but he helped me and I'm back walking , by the help of God I'm doing great. I recommend him to anyone that has joint problems . that's a skill that God put in his care and he uses it to help people. great surgeon lovely person .
Deborah A. Smith – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Can't find a more caring Surgeon!
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr Ruffolo is an amazing surgeon. I had suffered with severe knee deterioration for years. His techniques are far advanced and he is a very caring person. He thoroughly explains the complete process of pre-op, surgery, and recovery beforehand. Extreme measure are performed to avoid infection. I had minimal pain after surgery and was back in the gym a few weeks after each knee was replaced. Now two months after the second knee replacement was completed, there is very little I cannot do effortlessly and without pain. I feel and act twenty years younger. Thank you Doctor Ruffolo for a new life
John Lambert – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Ruffolo and his staff. I had a partial knee replacement. He did a fantastic job and has a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him!
Heather – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo is an amazing physician and a really great, caring individual. What really impressed us is that he is never rushed and always has time for our many questions. His skills are beyond reproach. He gave my husband a new life when he took on his case, and we will be forever grateful.
Russ B. – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Excellent.I had a total knee replacement without complications.
Russell Dean – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Having a lot of pain in my right hip, I went to see Dr. Ruffolo. During the initial office visit after looking at my x-rays, he stated my cartilage was gone and the only option I had was complete hip replacement. As I was by myself, Dr. Ruffolo informed me that if my wife wanted to come and discuss the surgery, he would be happy to meet with us. It was decided that our daughter who is a Doctor of Physical Therapy would return with me to Dr. Ruffolo's office to see if there was any alternative to hip replacement. Upon reviewing the x-ray and discussing with Dr. Ruffolo, she agreed with him that there was no other alternative. He was very caring and took time for me and my family prior to, during and after my surgery. I am now six weeks postop and have been amazed how well this went and have already referred others to him. Of note, his medical assistant, Ashley, was also very helpful in getting the FMLA papers for my wife as well.
Doug A. – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Ruffalo after my total hip replacement with excellent pre and post-op care. I was back to work in 4 weeks with no limitations! He is very professional and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions.
Jewel B. in Fuquay Varina, NC – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
After years of putting off a total hip replacement I was introduced to Dr. Ruffolo and after one consultation I was ready to schedule the surgery. The entire experience, from pre-op communications with his team through admission at Western Wake Med was seamless, including insurance preapprovals. The surgery itself went perfectly and I went from having a conversation with a nurse to waking up with no pain in my hip for the first time in 5 years. I was up putting full weight on it that same day and was walking on it the following day, including full flights of stairs. The one thing I was dreading was getting the stitches and/or staples removed. Turns out there were none! Dr. Ruffolo used a method where I simply peeled off a special bandage after one week. His physical therapy team at Wake Ortho is second to none. Jeff Herbst was my therapist and I was walking over a mile at my 2 week check up. I have already recommended Dr. Ruffolo to many people and will continue to do so.
Mark M. – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Ruffalo to anyone needing anterior hip replacement surgery. Dr. Ruffalo took the time to explain the surgery to ensure I knew what to expect. I was nervous and had many questions. Dr. Ruffalo answered all of my questions and I left his office feeling comfortable in my decision to have the surgery. Dr. Ruffalo has a great bed side manner, and he is a very patient and caring doctor. My hip replacement surgery was a success. I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome! I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Dr. Ruffalo’s Medical Assistant, Ashley. She provided tremendous support and excellent customer service! Helene October 2019
Helene – Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I had both knees replaced (Jan 29th and Aug 6th) by Dr Ruffolo. He's the best of the best. I met with him last year and he explained everything very carefully so even I could understand what to expect. I'm a soccer referee having refereed college and USL pro soccer. All my friends that had their knees replaced were always asking me what I was waiting for. After each knee replacement I was back on the soccer field refereeing. I feel more than great now because I'm pain free and have new knees. I ran today and it felt great - thanks Dr Ruffolo!!!
Bill Gibson – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
I will definitely recommend him. He was caring,patient and I was very pleased with surgery outcome. His staff was wonderful as well.
May 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?
Dr. Ruffolo is the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever had and I have had 2 hips replaced and both knees have a partial knee replacement. I moved to Garner and my last partial knee was done by Dr. Ruffolo. From the moment I meet him I felt true concern and a caring personality with him. It was the most successful surgery I have had. I highly reccomend him.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Ruffolo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ruffolo?

My goal is to provide superior medical services through my friendly, knowledgeable, and caring staff. Our physicians, therapists, and employees function as a team to provide progressive treatment to our patients and restore quality of life. Our priority is to serve our patients and our community.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery