Dr. Michael Rossen, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Rossen

Hampshire Neurology LLC

234 Russell St Ste 206 Hadley, MA 01035

Dr. Michael Rossen, MD is a neurology specialist in Hadley, MA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine and Dentistry in 1999 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Rossen accepts

Dr. Rossen accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Rossen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rossen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Lyme Disease

Dr. Rossen treats Lyme Disease more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Rossen treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Gait Abnormality

Dr. Rossen treats Gait Abnormality more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Rossen treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Antalgic Gait

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)

I specialize in neurology, with a practice serving Western Massachusetts.  I see and treat all neurological diseases and have a special neurological interest in Alzheimer's disease, headaches and diseases of the nerve or muscle.  I have a w...

• Neurology

2.6

Dr. Rossen?
Dr. Rossen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Rossen, MD
Never been more upset by a medical provider. He speaks to his patient while voice typing through a hand-held microphone, verbalizing all punctuation while speaking to patient. Most of the time he is looking at his monitor while he is speaking to the patient. If you ask a question he turns to his monitor, holds up his microphone, and answers you without looking at you, while voicing all punct. marks. Then he looks at you silently leaving you to make the next move in the conversation. He wrote a 4 word dx on my copy of notes and when I asked him what that meant he actually said "I don't mean to be trite, but which of those 4 words do you want me to explain?" Rude person. Cold manner. He even used punctuation marks when speaking to us without his microphone, after pushing away from desk. My recommendation to you comma would be comma open quotation all caps do not bother exclamation point open parentheses unless comma this is the way you want to be spoken to period close parentheses
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Lame. Won’t request my medical records. Wanted me to bring in my own lan results. Complains about running 30 minutes late like thats my fault. Seems like a quack. Won’t be seeing him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Meeting with Dr. Rossen was very informative and he was able to give us as much time as we needed to cover the issues we were concerned about. We feel strongly about recommending him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I was there for my 20 years old daughter, who came to ask an opinion of her MRI results and with intense migraine pain. The doctor was extremely rude, interrupting her in every sentence. Instead of answering my daughter's questions, he would dictate into his computer, which looked weird and unprofessional. When my daughter asked him about her migraines, he first told us that it needs an exam that he doesn't have time now, and then suddenly "changed his mind" causing her more pain. I am shocked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Dr Rossen is the best! He has gotten me out of bed and back into society, I was bed bound by migraines when I met him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Dr. Rossen is the best there is. I've been a patient of his for more than a year. It takes a bit of time to get to know him, but it's well worth it. He cares about his patients and takes great care on explaining procedures and he knows what the best treatments are for each of his clients. Thank you Dr.Rossen ..Stacey Dodson
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I had pain in my legs and numbness in my feet for over two years. I went to several doctors who treated me for issues related to the lumbar region of my back. I had cortisone shots from a spine doctor which did not help me. I also had physical therapy, saw a chiropractor, and even had acupuncture. Nothing helped. I was referred to Dr. Michael Rossen by my family doctor. After doing some tests, he told me my back was fine. He diagnosed myofacsial syndrome. I'm on my way to recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Had my first appointment with Dr Rossen today. He was very professional and thorough. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions. He gave me a thorough exam and a couple of options that he thought could help me. I would certainly recommend Dr. Rossen to anyone have neurological issues,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
His office staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional. You better not need paperwork to return to work, because his office " does not have the ability " to fill out 1 side of 1 page provided by the workplace. WE instead are now having to struggle, because he will not fill out a work release form . It;s a such a shame he has to make up such BS because he is lazy. Needing to get lawyers involved over something that would take less than a minute to fill out is just plain silly. GO ELSEWHERE!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Dr Rossen is completely rude and condescending and is quick to rush you out the door. He seems to have no knowledge or ability to explain anything about your condition. He made an error with my meds and caused me to have a seizure, admitted it was his fault for not having me correct the med dosage and then was completely unwilling to help do anything to correct the horror I went through for months after with ongoing issues. I would have give zero stars if possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I see Dr. Rossen for chronic migraine, an extremely complex condition with many causes (I have a PhD in Neurobiology). When I came to him, I was having 28-30 migraines a month and was struggling to function at all. I now typically have 8-10 a month, and the severity and duration are GREATLY reduced and I am able to work even on migraine days. For miracles, see your priest. For warm fuzzies, get a teddy bear. For help easing your complex migraines, see Dr. Rossen. He knows what he is doing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I'm not sure who gave this guy a medical degree. What an idiot. It's sad when you go into an appointment and you know more than the doctor. He's rude, condescending and just overall completely uneducated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I wouldn't recommend him at all. He doesn't listen to his patients. He's rude. His secretary made me book a follow up appointment that I didn't need, which leads me to believe that they do that just to get paid from the insurance company. Complete waste of time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I am currently seeing Dr. Rossen for a problem that has been bothering me for the last 3-4 years. I would highly recommend him. He is very meticulous and seems to have a wealth of medical knowledge with regards to neurological issues. I have been to the office at least a half dozen times in the last 9 months and have never had to wait longer than 20 minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Rossen for years now. At one point I switched neurologists out of convenience. The doctor I started seeing was NO WHERE NEAR as THOROUGH in his specialty as Dr. Rossen. Sometimes wait times are a bit longer than usual but thats because he gives his patients extra attention when they need it. He may not be very personable but, what are you looking for? A friend or a doctor who will take the BEST care of you and whatever your condition is? I already have enough friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
His demeanor is condescending and he thinks his patients are idiots. He does not treat holistically and views a specific problem or symptom on its own as a standalone issue. He rushes you out and does not spend much time on diagnostics. Unfortunately all the other good neuros in the practice were so far booked out for new appointments, I got stuck with him as the first available.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Takes up to three months to rebook an appointment; wait times for me personally have been up to an hour-hour and a half; you may only reschedule a total of 3 visits before you are no longer allowed in the office to see any of the doctors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
If you are suffering that much beyond the Exedrin type of headache that you need to see this savior, You had better pay attention to this survey. If you are looking for a doctor to hold your hand and chat about Twitter move on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rossen?

Hampshire Neurology LLC

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rossen treats patients.

Mercy Medical Center