Neurology  |
Dr. Michael Rossen, MD
I received my MD and served my residency in Neurology and my fellowship in neurophysiology at the University of Rochester Medical Center in upstate New York. I have a Bachelor's degree in Physics, a Master's in Geophysics, and a PhD in Cognitive Psychology from Brown University. I live with my wife Kate and our golden retriever in Amherst, MA where we raised our two daughters. I spend my free time biking, kayaking, cross country and downhill skiing, and visiting my daughters who have moved out but continue to live close by in New England. New England is a great place to live and practice, and we especially love western Mass.

234 Russell St Ste 206

Hadley, MA 01035

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Rossen

I specialize in neurology, with a practice serving Western Massachusetts.  I see and treat all neurological diseases and have a special neurological interest in Alzheimer's disease, headaches and diseases of the nerve or muscle.  I have a wonderful staff, who help me to provide patients with high quality, compassionate care that we mold to be timely and effective. We try and spend a great deal of time making sure patients understand their problems, and the various treatment options available to them.

Dr. Rossen's Experience

Dr. Rossen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Neurological Testing
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Brown University
  • Brown University
    Other Education | Completed 1989
  • Brown University PHD Experimental Psychology
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Rossen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rossen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rossen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rossen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rossen to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Rossen's Performance
in West Springfield, MA |
Dr. Rossen is the best there is. I've been a patient of his for more than a year. It takes a bit of time to get to know him, but it's well worth it. He cares about his patients and takes great care on explaining procedures and he knows what the best treatments are for each of his clients. Thank you Dr.Rossen ..Stacey Dodson
Amherst, MA |
I had pain in my legs and numbness in my feet for over two years. I went to several doctors who treated me for issues related to the lumbar region of my back. I had cortisone shots from a spine doctor which did not help me. I also had physical therapy, saw a chiropractor, and even had acupuncture. Nothing helped. I was referred to Dr. Michael Rossen by my family doctor. After doing some tests, he told me my back was fine. He diagnosed myofacsial syndrome. I'm on my way to recovery.
in Chester Ma |
Had my first appointment with Dr Rossen today. He was very professional and thorough. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions. He gave me a thorough exam and a couple of options that he thought could help me. I would certainly recommend Dr. Rossen to anyone have neurological issues,
in WESTERN,MA |
His office staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional. You better not need paperwork to return to work, because his office " does not have the ability " to fill out 1 side of 1 page provided by the workplace. WE instead are now having to struggle, because he will not fill out a work release form . It;s a such a shame he has to make up such BS because he is lazy. Needing to get lawyers involved over something that would take less than a minute to fill out is just plain silly. GO ELSEWHERE!!
East Longmeadow, MA |
Dr Rossen is completely rude and condescending and is quick to rush you out the door. He seems to have no knowledge or ability to explain anything about your condition. He made an error with my meds and caused me to have a seizure, admitted it was his fault for not having me correct the med dosage and then was completely unwilling to help do anything to correct the horror I went through for months after with ongoing issues. I would have give zero stars if possible.
Amherst, MA |
I see Dr. Rossen for chronic migraine, an extremely complex condition with many causes (I have a PhD in Neurobiology). When I came to him, I was having 28-30 migraines a month and was struggling to function at all. I now typically have 8-10 a month, and the severity and duration are GREATLY reduced and I am able to work even on migraine days. For miracles, see your priest. For warm fuzzies, get a teddy bear. For help easing your complex migraines, see Dr. Rossen. He knows what he is doing.
Sunderland, MA |
I'm not sure who gave this guy a medical degree. What an idiot. It's sad when you go into an appointment and you know more than the doctor. He's rude, condescending and just overall completely uneducated.
Springfield, MA |
I wouldn't recommend him at all. He doesn't listen to his patients. He's rude. His secretary made me book a follow up appointment that I didn't need, which leads me to believe that they do that just to get paid from the insurance company. Complete waste of time.
in Springfield, MA |
I am currently seeing Dr. Rossen for a problem that has been bothering me for the last 3-4 years. I would highly recommend him. He is very meticulous and seems to have a wealth of medical knowledge with regards to neurological issues. I have been to the office at least a half dozen times in the last 9 months and have never had to wait longer than 20 minutes.
in Chicopee, MA |
I've been seeing Dr. Rossen for years now. At one point I switched neurologists out of convenience. The doctor I started seeing was NO WHERE NEAR as THOROUGH in his specialty as Dr. Rossen. Sometimes wait times are a bit longer than usual but thats because he gives his patients extra attention when they need it. He may not be very personable but, what are you looking for? A friend or a doctor who will take the BEST care of you and whatever your condition is? I already have enough friends.
in East Longmeadow, MA |
His demeanor is condescending and he thinks his patients are idiots. He does not treat holistically and views a specific problem or symptom on its own as a standalone issue. He rushes you out and does not spend much time on diagnostics. Unfortunately all the other good neuros in the practice were so far booked out for new appointments, I got stuck with him as the first available.
in Auburn, MA |
Takes up to three months to rebook an appointment; wait times for me personally have been up to an hour-hour and a half; you may only reschedule a total of 3 visits before you are no longer allowed in the office to see any of the doctors.
Chicopee, MA |
If you are suffering that much beyond the Exedrin type of headache that you need to see this savior, You had better pay attention to this survey. If you are looking for a doctor to hold your hand and chat about Twitter move on.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Rossen, MD?
Are you Dr. Rossen?