Dr. Michael Romberg, MD

Dr. Michael Romberg, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Michael Romberg, MD is a general surgery specialist in Harvey, IL and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in general surgery, wound & burn care, and more.Read his story

71 W 156th St Ste 311

• CareSource
  • CHAMPVA
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Romberg

See how frequently Dr. Romberg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ventral Hernia
Lung Surgery
Gallbladder Removal

Dr. Romberg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Romberg's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Romberg "Dr. Romberg is Board Certified with over 20 years of experience in general surgery. He received his medical degree from Loyola Stritch School of Medicine and completed his internship and residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Dr. Romberg specializes in a full-range of general and cancer surgery procedures. Dr. Romberg's oncology expertise includes lung surgery, lumpectomy, mastectomy, thoracoscopy, mediastinoscopy, sentinel node biopsy and more. Dr. Romberg was instrumental in bringing sentinel node biopsy to Ingalls Memorial Hospital and was one of the first in the area to receive certification to perform this lymph node-sparing procedure. Dr. Romberg also specializes in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), a medical treatment which enhances the body's natural healing process by inhalation of 100% oxygen in a total body chamber, where atmospheric pressure is increased and controlled."

This content was provided by Dr. Romberg "Our Mission

We feel that we have something special here at

Dr. Romberg's office and are looking forward to caring for you.  Let us tell you more about ourselves and our philosophy regarding our partnership with patients in the interest of their health.

SAS Surgical aims to:

Promote the health of our patients by providing innovative, highest-quality, comprehensive, personalized health-care.

Serve as a 'medical home' for patients by coordinating, managing and integrating the various aspects of their health to ensure comprehensive and cost effective care.

Create a comfortable, compassionate atmosphere where the relationship between the practice and patients is one of partnership and open dialogue.

Encourage patient education, life style modification, and prevention as critical aspects to optimal long-term health.

Provide our patients with education and resources to enable them to make informed lifestyle and health care decisions; to partner with patients to minimize their risks of developing disease."

• General Surgery
  • Critical Care Medicine
  • Surgery
  • Wound & Burn Care

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Chicago
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • University Kans School Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Kans School Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Romberg has no media or publications listed.

• Filipino
  • Polish

Dr. Romberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Romberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Romberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Romberg to family and friends

Dr. Romberg's Performance

Dr. Romberg Says:
"

We at SAS Surgical are committed to the care and improvement of human life.  We recognize & affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.  We aim to serve with compassion, kindness, honesty

and

above all, integrity.

"

Dr Romberg is an excellent surgeon. I started seeing him in 2016, From the 1st visit Dr. Bromberg and Tina helped me through a very hard time in my life. They were so compassionate and didn't make me feel like just another patient. It's rare to find a physician who cares so much about the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very caring and thorough.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Romberg has given me a second chance at life! Words cannot express my gratitude for the work he has done. I highly recommend Dr. Romberg to everyone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I called so many doctors in the south side and NO ONE would take my insurance or even give me the time of day. When I called Dr. Romberg's office, I was greeted and made to feel like a real person. From start to finish, from Dr. Romberg's nurse in his office to Ingalls hospital nurses and the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My experience with Dr. Romberg was excellent, he made me feel comfortable and reassured me that treatment and Surgery will Go well. His staff demonstrated the same. Based on my first visit with him, when I felt i was having a similiar issue, he was the first doctor i had in mind. So i scheduled to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you Brandy! Hope all is well with you! We are always here if you ever have any questions or concerns!