Dr. Michael Roh, MD

Dr. Roh
Telehealth services available

Rockford Spine Center Limited

2902 Mcfarland Rd Ste 300 Rockford, IL 61107

Dr. Michael Roh, MD is a Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Rockford, IL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Cgh Medical Center and Fhn Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Roh to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in Rockford

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Roh accepts

Dr. Roh accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
Medicaid
Pekin Insurance
Thrivent Financial
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Roh treats your condition or procedure

• Hernia
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Sprain
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Michael Roh, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Roh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Roh

97.46192893401015%

Dr. Roh?
What started as a routine, minor issue with my back escalated quickly into what could have been a life altering event. Thankfully I had Dr. Roh as my surgeon. He was able to quickly address my issue despite the limitations imposed by the COVID-19 crisis. Without his skill and expertise it could have been a very different outcome. Throughout the entire experience he was professional, friendly, and very supportive. All his staff, from his PAs Matthew and Bradley, to his nurse Casey, were so incredible! They made my experience less traumatic and ensured I was informed and comfortable. My thanks to all of them! You could not be in better hands!
Andrew Pieris – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Minimally Invasive expert I required surgery on a herniated L5-S1 disc. The MRI showed a large floating fragment that caused sciatic pain through my left leg. I received a response from Dr Roh's office within 48 hours of sending my MRI results to his office and had an initial consultation within a week. He and his physician assistant explained my condition and my treatment options along with the risks very clearly. I felt that my questions were listened to and addressed fully. The Minimally Invasive technique Dr Roh used was an outpatient procedure lasting 15-20 minutes and involved a small (less than 1") incision with no cutting of musculature or tendons. I was (essentially) pain-free and feeling very good by 6:00pm the same day. The "worst" effects were actually from the anesthesia rather than the surgery. My only critique would be that I felt the pain-killers were over prescribed (10 days of one drug and 3 of a second). But pain management is in the patient's control.
Bob G – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
I went to Dr. Roh, him being very highly recommended to me, with a badly herniated disk. We were able to fix it a laminectomy. Unfortunately, during the first week of recovery, a nasty sneeze undid everything that was fixed. It reherniated in the same place, but the effects had switched legs. It was unbearable. My insurance denied the spinal fusion, but Dr. Roh fought for me, knowing that I couldn’t keep living in agony. He was able to reverse the denial and after nearly a year of pain, he gave me my life back. I had my surgery just over a month ago and already beginning to get back to normal. I owe him and his staff so much!!
Meallen12 in Beloit – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Such an amazing experience, from scheduling the first appointment, dealing with his entire staff to my surgery. I could not have asked for more in a surgeon.
M Gallagher – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Dr. Roh and his staff are extremely professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and caring. Dr. Roh's skills and abilities are exemplary. In my case a three vertebra fusion cured my hip and leg pain. He also performed a laminectomy on my father, also with excellent results that cured his leg pain. In both cases, with post surgery therapy (with the excellent Spine Center Therapy Dept.) the results are nothing short of wondrous. I highly recommend Dr. Roh and his staff!!!
David T. Grenberg – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Dr. Michael Roh was kind, thorough and caring. He put me at ease immediately. Dr. Roh explanations were clear and precise. My experience with him was a five star experience. He genuinely cares about his patients and it shows.
Jon Etnyre – Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Dr Roh and his staff are very professional and caring, my wife is very pleased with her results from spinal fusion surgery.
Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
After the very successful removal of an extremely painful synovial cyst from my lower spine by Dr. Roh & his team in early 2018 I knew exactly who I was going to go to when my hands started to become tingly & hard to use........Dr. Roh & the Rockford Spine Center. And that's exactly what I did. So very late in 2018 I had neck surgery requiring fusions & spur removals by Dr. Roh & team & I could not be happier. I have no restrictions & I am back to enjoying my life again!
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Don’t hesitate to contact Dr Roh at Rockford Spine Center if your having back pain. I had surgery October 2018 and was extremely happy with the results. Matt his Physcian Assistant is also knowledgeable, professional, and personable along with the nurses Casey and Sarah. Everyone at Rockford Spine including the front desk and Bri the scheduler were so helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Rockford Spine Center.
Janet Stichter in Dixon, IL – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
I was in an enormous amount of pain, couldn't walk, sit, etc. He got me right in, did the x rays, figured I needed surgery. Everything done in a week. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. His staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate him an 11.
Bryan Wishard in Ridott, IL – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Wonderful Doctor: very skilled, thorough, patient, and kind. Other office personal, including his assistants, nurses, techs, and front desk were absolutely the best as well. I would give him more than 5 stars if I could.
Salvador Alvarado in Byron, IL – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Surgery was one of my best decisions. It is awesome to be pain free! Thank you, Dr. Roh.
Polo, IL – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
all the office staff were helpful and caring. Dr Roh and Dr Mat took the time to explain my problem and all the procedures, and advise for post op care. Excellent patient care.
Laura in Dekalb, IL – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Dr. Roh and his team are professional, well organized, very caring, and friendly. From my initial contact with Dr. Roh's office staff, to my outpatient procedure, to my post surgical followup appointment, my experience could not have been better! I felt all my questions and concerns were addressed, and my excellent surgical outcome bears witness to Dr. Roh's technical excellence! I would highly recommend Dr. Roh and the Rockford Spine Clinic to anyone with a spinal condition.
Sterling – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
I have had 2 back surgeries from Dr Roh and his staff. They have been nothing but fantastic. I was 23 for my first surgery and 33 and just had my 2nd surgery 2 months ago. They are compassionate and understanding. They honestly care for their patients and their comfort. I have done physical therapy before surgery and after and they have been extremely beneficial. Everyone i have dealt with has explained everything thoroughly and made sure I and my family were completely comfortable. I love them
Lindsay Hernandez in Rockford, IL – Oct 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Excellent, skilled, compassionate surgeon. I highly recommend.
Bradley Bourkland in Loves Park, IL – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
My experience with the Rockford Spine Center was excellent! Every member of the staff, including the front desk personnel, the X-ray ladies, the scheduler, and of course Doc Roh's PA Matt Schwabero and Casey the nurse were very professional and very competent. I believe Dr. Roh is a top surgeon in his field. They make a great team! The diagnosis and options were fully explained to me in a manner in which I could fully understand. I highly recommend the RSC!
Doug Hopkins in Rockford, IL – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
During past 6-month Dr. Roh performed two surgeries on my spine (lumbar and cervical) and right the way the pain I had been experiencing for years, was gone!!!! I been having the back problems for years and tried all other alternative methods to fix it, but nothing worked except the surgery, therefore if you are contemplating the surgery decision, please do not!! Surgery is tough to think of, but the results are incredible, thanks to Dr. Roh and his TEAM. Grateful forever, Natalie.
Natalie – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Thanks to Dr. Roh staff. When I came to Dr. Roh I couldn't sit. My 12 mile ride to work ,I would pull over 3 times, get out of my vehicle walk to relief the pain, then continue, the time I reached my destination had tears in my eye from the pain. Would kneel at my desk stand at meetings. Kneel at the dining room table. Dr Roh pointed out few complication's causing the pain in hip/legs. Process of elimination found the root cause. Minor surgery. Now playing golf.. GO SEE DR. ROH DONT WAIT !
David Oscepinski in Lena, IL – May 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Dr Roh & staff at RSC, are awesome. Immediately after surgery, the pain I had been experiencing, due to pinched nerves in the lower lumber area was Gone! I would not have believed that, had I not experienced this first hand. Dr Roh said after surgery I would ask myself, "Why did I wait 2 years to have surgery?" He was right about that too. Thank you everyone for taking such good care of me.
Patricia Smith in Machesney Park, IL – Apr 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Roh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Roh?

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

New York Presbyterian Hospital
1991
Brown University / Alpert Medical School

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Roh communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Roh offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Roh offer an online patient portal?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Roh have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Roh offer weekend visits?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Roh offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (815) 316-2100