Dr. Michael Roh, MD

Dr. Michael Roh, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Roh, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

2902 McFarland Rd Ste 300

Rockford, IL 61107

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Roh

See how frequently Dr. Roh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spondylolisthesis
Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Roh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hernia
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Brown University / Alpert Medical School
  • New York Presbyterian Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Roh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roh to family and friends
Dr. Roh's Performance
Dekalb, IL |
Great doctor and staff! Dr Roh performed a 3 level spinal fusion on me and the results were excellent with no issues whatsoever. I highly recommend Dr Roh to anyone considering any type of surgery he performs.
in Rockford, IL |
I bent over to pick up a hose and ruptured my disc at L4. I was in excruciating pain and unable to work (2 months). My primary care physician and hospital basically ignored me. Dr. Roh and his staff understood my pain level and got my surgery scheduled for August 14. I'm in PT now at the the Spine Center and with their wonderful help I am on the road to recovery (thanks, Cassie). I returned to work 1 week after surgery! I was dancing 4 weeks later. Dr. Roh (my hero) and RSC are amazing!
in Roscoe, IL |
Doctor Roh is an expert surgeon and accomplished professional. I have suffered from excruciating neck & back pain off/on for over 20 years. Doctor Roh performed a cervical fusion on me in 2014, and more recently a lumber decompression in June 2017. In both cases - pain gone, strength back, range of motion impact almost 100% returned. I highly recommend Doctor Roh and RSC to anyone who suffers from spine issues.
in Rochelle , IL |
Dr. Roh was kind , compassionate and caring to my situation. He took the time to listen and presented a plan of care that was specific to my lower back pain. He has a wonderful bedside manner and while I was in sugary he kept my family informed of delays . Dr. Roh made me feel comfortable to ask question and gave specific answers to my specific situation. If you suffer from lower back and leg pain, I highly recommend Dr. Roh. He will not make you believe you are on your own with your back pain
Freeport, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are amazing. I walked into this facility in a ton of pain and needing a plan. From the moment I walked through the door I was "taken care of" and had an action plan. My experience resulted in surgery and I'm now pain free. What a great experience.
in Rockford, IL |
I was very impressed with The doctor and his staff. They explained everything that was going to be done both pre op and post op. When I went for my last visit they took xrays. Dr. Roh went over them with us and even gave me pictures of the surgery.
Rockford, IL |
I had open lumbar spinal fusion. Before the surgery I could not walk 25 feet without having to stop because of the pain in my back and leg. Total recovery no pain and feel better than I ever had. One word to describe the entire process from surgery through physical therapy ... FANTASTIC !
in Poplar Grove, IL |
I went to Dr. Roh and his staff at the Rockford Spine Center for a second opinion. All I have to say is that they changed my life. Their knowledge is incredible and they are great at what they do. I recommend to anyone with back and spine issues.
in Sterling, IL |
I had been having neck pain for several years, being treated with injections, chiropractors, home tens, neck stretching, etc. After 15 years, nothing helped. My pain doc referred me to Dr Roh. CT and MRIs were done. Dr. Roh planned fusion of C1-3. My insurance denied the surgery because it was arthritis related. Dr Roh and his PA researched information and sent to my insurance company, after 2 months, the insurance accepted. I had surgery and after many years, I'm pain free!! He is the best!
Salem, WI |
Had first dual cervical prestige disk replacement. Was amazing. Went from numbers in hand and loss of muscle tone and pain to complete resolve of all symptoms. Out of work for one day!
Freeport, IL |
Dr. Roh is highly competent. He explained why I needed surgery and what I would need to do before and after the procedure for a good recovery.
in Rockford, IL |
Recently I had neck surgery done by Dr. Roh from Rockford Spine Center. I was worried because of stories I have heard from others who have had neck or back surgery done. I am very happy to say everything went great. No more tingling or any other kind of pain related to the area that was causing it. The staff there at Rockford Spine Center is very friendly, very professional and spend the time with you to make sure questions and concerns are answered. I would highly recommend them.
in Stockton, IL |
Dr. Roh's post-operative instructions were clear and easy enough for me to follow for the maximum results. And now, I am pain free!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Roh did cervical surgery on me in January! For the first time in 2 years I can be my life with no restriction. I was told 2 years ago that I was going to have to live my life on pain pills and limits of not lifting more than 5 lbs. Now I have no restriction on weight and I am off pain pills! Dr Roh is awesome and I highly recommend him to everyone!!!
in Davis, Il |
Dr. Roh and his staff are phenomenal. I had an L4-5 discectomy. From my first visit, which included a diagnosis and surgical date, to the surgery itself, and post-op visit, he was very attentive and answered every question I had. He explained everything in terms I could understand and never pressured me to do anything I didn't want to. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
in Poplar Grove |
I play the guitar for a living and I was frightened. I had extreme pain from my neck, down my left arm with my pinky and ring fingers totally numb. I had basically lost the use of my left arm. The other factor was that I am a vocalist as well. Which added a little more spice because he couldn't operate through the front, the preferred method. I had issues from C3 to C8/T1. Dr. Roh and his staff took excellent care of me and I would recommend him to anyone seeking spine care.
in Lena, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are incredibly receptive and supportive. Whenever I called with a question and left a message, I had an answer within 30 minutes. I had my diagnosis and a surgery appointment on my first visit. Needless to say, the surgery was a smashing success. I had a spinal fusion procedure at Rockford Memorial. I had tremendous pain all the way down my right arm and had lost most of my strength. Today it is all back and, other than some numbness in my right thumb, all is normal again.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Roh is one of the most caring, efficientfriendly and honest doctors we have seen. Very compassient and thorough.,
in Freeport, IL |
Wasted my time.. Schedule my Appt and canceled on me when I was at their door... Most Unprofessional DR I have ever met... Just bcus u have a few commercials selling urself don't make u a Kind person...
in Wiebenga |
Dr.Roh and the entire staff were outstanding from the first phone call , thru surgery ,and the last visit. Very professional. Patient friendly. Great experience.
in Rockford, IL |
I am a local business owner, health care professional and mother of three. I came to Doctor Roe with complaints of pain, loss of coordination, loss of strength and an over all sensation of discomfort. After a lengthy and detailed consultation and my "second opinion" after seeing a Doctor at UW Madison, I felt very comfortable and confident in Dr. Roe's knowledge and skill. I was cleared of all restrictions this morning at my 6 week post-op check. My two level cervical fusion was a success!
in Freeport, Il |
I feel Dr. Roh is not only a wonderful and professional surgeon, but it is obvious he is dedicated to his work and his patients. He is soft spoken and thorough physician. He explained in detail the MRI and x-rays, told me what my problem was and offered me a solution to my problem through surgery. At six weeks post-op I am pain free and feeling stronger than I have in many years. I would highly recommend Dr. Roh and the Rockford Spine Clinic.
in Pecatonica, IL |
I was surprised when Dr. Roh called me personally to answer my questions. Not many Doctors will do that these days' Very impressive !!!
in Rockford, IL |
Perfect! Good pre-op assessment of my situation, perfect outcome. Office staff was always prompt in answering questions both before and after my surgery. Benchmarks along the entire journey turned out exactly as he and his office said they expected. I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Roh and his entire office staff including his excellent Physical Therapy staff and facility.
in Sterling, IL |
After feeling like I had hit a dead end with other specialists Dr. Roh took 1 hour and diagnose and plan a course of action that now has me almost 100% back to training for my next marathon. Highly recommend Dr. Roh and his staff to anyone experiencing back pain! I had a spine fusion at L5/S1 in April of 2016 and now, 4 months later, I am pain free and back into my regular training routines.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are absolutely fantastic! I've had 2 back surgeries now and feel great. Dr. Roh takes his time to make sure you understand any treatments/surgery. He is excellent at what he does and is a gifted surgeon.
in Morrison, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are very knowledgeable and professional. They are friendly and do their best to help you understand what your options are and what to expect as you go forward with the surgery. Everyone does their best to make you comfortable with the whole process.
in Ambiy, IL |
He was friendly and explained everything clearly. The few questions I did have he also easily answered.
in Hampshire, IL |
Can not say enough good things about Dr. Roh and his team. I have never met a doctor so well rounded and knowledgable as him. Someone who took all the time I needed to feel secure in my decision to move forward with surgery. Someone who is compassionate at all times. He is truly the best of the best. I was able to put my entire trust into this man when it came to my health. I am SO glad I found him and did not go with the first two doctors I saw about my condition. Dr. Roh = AMAZING!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are excellent. My surgery went without issue, and his bedside manner and personality are a huge asset. I had C3-C6 fused and discs replaced along with several large bone spurs removed. I had no unexpected post op issues, and knew what to look for because he explained the surgery and what to expect perfectly.
in Rock Falls, IL |
Dr Michael S.Roh and his staff were very good. He sat and talked to us and explained everything that he was going to do and what to expect. We are very pleased with the out come of the surgery. I had difficulty walking before my surgery because of the pain now it is so much better. Thank you Dr Roh, it has made a big difference in my life.
in Loves Park, IL |
I was very pleased with Dr. Roh. Considering how busy he is, I always felt he was making time for me. This was my very first surgery and I felt comfortable with his recommendations. Dr. Roh was professional as well as personable. I would highly recommend him if need be by others needing back surgery.
in Sterling, IL |
I would like to acknowledge Dr. Roh and his entire staff. In a single word, they are wonderful. From the initial consultation to the post op visit the compassion and professionalism is evident. Dr. Roh's expertise is justified, not only as a physician but as a person. His ability to connect individuality to each patient is to be commended. I would personally like to thank Dr. Roh and would not hesitate to recommend his services.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Roh performed minimally invasive L5 discectomy after I suffered acute radicular glute/leg pain for last 6 mos. Almost two months post op and amazed at the progress and elimination of pain.
in Dixon, IL |
Immediate results after leaving the hospital. I feel brand new !
in Rockford, IL |
Michael performed an ACDF for my C6-T1. From my first appointment, through therapy, epidurals, and pre surgery he and his staff were professional and friendly. Most of the appointments were in one location with decent availability. It was something that I was putting off for several years but wish I would have done sooner.
in Illinois |
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Roh and his entire staff. Everyone, his receptionist, schedulers, nurses, and his entire office was very efficient, friendly, and trustworthy. I really didn't want surgery, I talked to three other doctors, two agreed with Dr. Roh and one wanted to do another procedure. Everyone I talked to that had gone to him in the past told me he was the best....and today I would agree with them. I had the surgery and feel great. I am now glad to have had the procedure.
in Roscoe IL |
The thought of having spine surgery terrified me so I put it off and lived with the pain. I regret having waited so long to seek out DR Roh and eventually having surgery. I have zero pain! He's the best at why he does!
in Roscoe, IL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Roh to family and friends. Before I saw him I could barely walk and I was in constant pain. He saw me and after taking x-rays and examining me, he knew exactly what the problem was and how to treat it. I chose to have a lumbar fusion which was a more permanent solution. A couple weeks after the surgery I felt good as new, no more pain. He is totally competent and definitely one of the nicest doctors I have ever met.
in Freeport, IL |
I had dealt with sciatic pain in buttocks, and down leg, and even numb toes. I said I would never have back surgery...ever. I went to Dr Roh, he explained that if left untreated this would progress, and eventually I would drag my foot. I had the surgery. Had none of the sciatic pain right out of surgery, and now 6 weeks later....still have none. I can not thank Dr. Roh enough. He and his staff are AMAZING. This Dr. Knows what he is doing. Thank you so much Dr Roh
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Roh is very knowledgble about what he does. This made my wife and I very comfortable and confident about the procedure he was going to perform on me. I would recommend Dr Roh to anyone needing surgery.
in Freeport, IL |
Performed a complete examination and explained in terms my husband and I could both understand the risks and benefits of spinal fusion surgery. First visit he encouraged me to try a complete round of physical therapy with surgery being last resort. PT completed spring 2015. In late 2015 being in constant severe pain and having much difficulty walking, it was obvious surgery was my only option for pain relief. My next visit with Dr. Roh resulted in our decision that surgery was best option.
in Cherry Valley, IL |
After months of debilitating pain from a herniated disc, I had a minimally invasive discectomy. Dr. Roh and Matt were compassionate and professional in every respect. I now have no pain. I followed up with physical therapy at the Spine Center. The therapists work closely with the surgeons. I have regained my strength and have learned strategies that will help me prevent a recurrence of my injury. I am filled with gratitude for Dr. Roh, Matt, and Phil.
in Rochelle, IL |
I hade a total disk replacement in my neck Dec 23rd 2015. I fought the thought of having surgery, but the nerve pain (herniation in my C4 & C5) I was enduring down my right arm was too great to dismiss. The procedure went very well, the recovery time was EXACTLY the way Dr. Roh explained to me. VERY QUICK and it really only felt like a sore throat for about a week. I have NO restrictions! GREAT Job DR Roh! You gave me my happy life back! The best (and hardest) decision I made!
in Loves Park, Il |
Dr. Roh is excellent. I was struggling for over a year with increasing weakness, numbness and balance problems, originally diagnosed by a neurologist as CIDP. A neck MRI was ordered by a second neurologist and results were sent to Dr. Roh. I had a bulging disc 3-4 and stenosis. If he had not operated I would have been in a wheelchair for life within 6 months. It's two months later and I feel great after a year and a half of really struggling. Thank you, Dr. Roh.
in Rockford, IL |
When it came time for neck surgery, looking for a surgeon, Dr Roh came highly recommended and has a very good reputation in our region. It is well deserved, which is critical when someone is cutting into you. Friendly, courteous, great bedside manners. Initial visit, surgery, and recovery have went as he explained. Today I have feeling in shoulders and arms, Dr. Roh has given some quality of life back that I was missing for some time. I would recommend him to anyone that asks.
in Rockford, Il |
Dr. Roh has an unparalleled bedside manner. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family. He throughly explains the anatomy and any procedures. He took care of me pre and post Op. I'm so thankful for the surgery he performed! I'm finally pain free!
in South Beloit, IL |
Dr Roh was the only doctor (after dealing with back pain for 20 years and many doctors not figuring out my pain) was able not only tell me what was wrong, but showed me what was going on. Dr Roh told me the only fix for this was lower lumbar fusion. He fused 3 stress fractured vertebrae and my back pain was gone in a day. He and his staff are excellent. I see why Dr Roh is the best spine surgeon in the country!
in Sterling, IL |
Dr. Roh was very courteous and informative when explaining my condition and proceedure. They were very prompt in scheduling for surgery, and carrying it out without delays. My condition improved greatly by the procedure (S/P cervical fusion), and I was very satisfied with the resulting improvement in my condition.
in Rock Falls, IL |
My experience with Dr Roh and his staff was excellent! I came to him in horrible pain. My surgery went very well and I was completely pain free after my surgery. I have done very well was called and checked on by his nurse and came for my 6 week visit and I am completely healed with no restrictions. His office and staff are very professional and very informative and I never had to question anything. everything went very smooth because of them. He is simply amazing at what he does!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Roh, MD?
Are you Dr. Roh?