Dr. Michael S. Roh, MD

Dr. Michael S. Roh, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 46 years old

Dr. Roh specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery and practices in Rockford, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Roh? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Roh's Experience

See how Dr. Roh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Roh

Dr. Roh accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Roh has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Roh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roh to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Roh
Dr. Roh's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (141)
in Freeport, Il |
I feel Dr. Roh is not only a wonderful and professional surgeon, but it is obvious he is dedicated to his work and his patients. He is soft spoken and thorough physician. He explained in detail the MRI and x-rays, told me what my problem was and offered me a solution to my problem through surgery. At six weeks post-op I am pain free and feeling stronger than I have in many years. I would highly recommend Dr. Roh and the Rockford Spine Clinic.
in Pecatonica, IL |
I was surprised when Dr. Roh called me personally to answer my questions. Not many Doctors will do that these days' Very impressive !!!
in Rockford, IL |
Perfect! Good pre-op assessment of my situation, perfect outcome. Office staff was always prompt in answering questions both before and after my surgery. Benchmarks along the entire journey turned out exactly as he and his office said they expected. I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Roh and his entire office staff including his excellent Physical Therapy staff and facility.
in Sterling, IL |
After feeling like I had hit a dead end with other specialists Dr. Roh took 1 hour and diagnose and plan a course of action that now has me almost 100% back to training for my next marathon. Highly recommend Dr. Roh and his staff to anyone experiencing back pain! I had a spine fusion at L5/S1 in April of 2016 and now, 4 months later, I am pain free and back into my regular training routines.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are absolutely fantastic! I've had 2 back surgeries now and feel great. Dr. Roh takes his time to make sure you understand any treatments/surgery. He is excellent at what he does and is a gifted surgeon.
in Morrison, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are very knowledgeable and professional. They are friendly and do their best to help you understand what your options are and what to expect as you go forward with the surgery. Everyone does their best to make you comfortable with the whole process.
in Ambiy, IL |
He was friendly and explained everything clearly. The few questions I did have he also easily answered.
in Hampshire, IL |
Can not say enough good things about Dr. Roh and his team. I have never met a doctor so well rounded and knowledgable as him. Someone who took all the time I needed to feel secure in my decision to move forward with surgery. Someone who is compassionate at all times. He is truly the best of the best. I was able to put my entire trust into this man when it came to my health. I am SO glad I found him and did not go with the first two doctors I saw about my condition. Dr. Roh = AMAZING!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Roh and his staff are excellent. My surgery went without issue, and his bedside manner and personality are a huge asset. I had C3-C6 fused and discs replaced along with several large bone spurs removed. I had no unexpected post op issues, and knew what to look for because he explained the surgery and what to expect perfectly.
in Rock Falls, IL |
Dr Michael S.Roh and his staff were very good. He sat and talked to us and explained everything that he was going to do and what to expect. We are very pleased with the out come of the surgery. I had difficulty walking before my surgery because of the pain now it is so much better. Thank you Dr Roh, it has made a big difference in my life.
in Loves Park, IL |
I was very pleased with Dr. Roh. Considering how busy he is, I always felt he was making time for me. This was my very first surgery and I felt comfortable with his recommendations. Dr. Roh was professional as well as personable. I would highly recommend him if need be by others needing back surgery.
in Sterling, IL |
I would like to acknowledge Dr. Roh and his entire staff. In a single word, they are wonderful. From the initial consultation to the post op visit the compassion and professionalism is evident. Dr. Roh's expertise is justified, not only as a physician but as a person. His ability to connect individuality to each patient is to be commended. I would personally like to thank Dr. Roh and would not hesitate to recommend his services.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Roh performed minimally invasive L5 discectomy after I suffered acute radicular glute/leg pain for last 6 mos. Almost two months post op and amazed at the progress and elimination of pain.
in Dixon, IL |
Immediate results after leaving the hospital. I feel brand new !
in Rockford, IL |
Michael performed an ACDF for my C6-T1. From my first appointment, through therapy, epidurals, and pre surgery he and his staff were professional and friendly. Most of the appointments were in one location with decent availability. It was something that I was putting off for several years but wish I would have done sooner.
in Illinois |
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Roh and his entire staff. Everyone, his receptionist, schedulers, nurses, and his entire office was very efficient, friendly, and trustworthy. I really didn't want surgery, I talked to three other doctors, two agreed with Dr. Roh and one wanted to do another procedure. Everyone I talked to that had gone to him in the past told me he was the best....and today I would agree with them. I had the surgery and feel great. I am now glad to have had the procedure.
in Roscoe IL |
The thought of having spine surgery terrified me so I put it off and lived with the pain. I regret having waited so long to seek out DR Roh and eventually having surgery. I have zero pain! He's the best at why he does!
in Roscoe, IL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Roh to family and friends. Before I saw him I could barely walk and I was in constant pain. He saw me and after taking x-rays and examining me, he knew exactly what the problem was and how to treat it. I chose to have a lumbar fusion which was a more permanent solution. A couple weeks after the surgery I felt good as new, no more pain. He is totally competent and definitely one of the nicest doctors I have ever met.
in Freeport, IL |
I had dealt with sciatic pain in buttocks, and down leg, and even numb toes. I said I would never have back surgery...ever. I went to Dr Roh, he explained that if left untreated this would progress, and eventually I would drag my foot. I had the surgery. Had none of the sciatic pain right out of surgery, and now 6 weeks later....still have none. I can not thank Dr. Roh enough. He and his staff are AMAZING. This Dr. Knows what he is doing. Thank you so much Dr Roh
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Roh is very knowledgble about what he does. This made my wife and I very comfortable and confident about the procedure he was going to perform on me. I would recommend Dr Roh to anyone needing surgery.
in Freeport, IL |
Performed a complete examination and explained in terms my husband and I could both understand the risks and benefits of spinal fusion surgery. First visit he encouraged me to try a complete round of physical therapy with surgery being last resort. PT completed spring 2015. In late 2015 being in constant severe pain and having much difficulty walking, it was obvious surgery was my only option for pain relief. My next visit with Dr. Roh resulted in our decision that surgery was best option.
in Cherry Valley, IL |
After months of debilitating pain from a herniated disc, I had a minimally invasive discectomy. Dr. Roh and Matt were compassionate and professional in every respect. I now have no pain. I followed up with physical therapy at the Spine Center. The therapists work closely with the surgeons. I have regained my strength and have learned strategies that will help me prevent a recurrence of my injury. I am filled with gratitude for Dr. Roh, Matt, and Phil.
in Rochelle, IL |
I hade a total disk replacement in my neck Dec 23rd 2015. I fought the thought of having surgery, but the nerve pain (herniation in my C4 & C5) I was enduring down my right arm was too great to dismiss. The procedure went very well, the recovery time was EXACTLY the way Dr. Roh explained to me. VERY QUICK and it really only felt like a sore throat for about a week. I have NO restrictions! GREAT Job DR Roh! You gave me my happy life back! The best (and hardest) decision I made!
in Loves Park, Il |
Dr. Roh is excellent. I was struggling for over a year with increasing weakness, numbness and balance problems, originally diagnosed by a neurologist as CIDP. A neck MRI was ordered by a second neurologist and results were sent to Dr. Roh. I had a bulging disc 3-4 and stenosis. If he had not operated I would have been in a wheelchair for life within 6 months. It's two months later and I feel great after a year and a half of really struggling. Thank you, Dr. Roh.
in Rockford, IL |
When it came time for neck surgery, looking for a surgeon, Dr Roh came highly recommended and has a very good reputation in our region. It is well deserved, which is critical when someone is cutting into you. Friendly, courteous, great bedside manners. Initial visit, surgery, and recovery have went as he explained. Today I have feeling in shoulders and arms, Dr. Roh has given some quality of life back that I was missing for some time. I would recommend him to anyone that asks.
in Rockford, Il |
Dr. Roh has an unparalleled bedside manner. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family. He throughly explains the anatomy and any procedures. He took care of me pre and post Op. I'm so thankful for the surgery he performed! I'm finally pain free!
in South Beloit, IL |
Dr Roh was the only doctor (after dealing with back pain for 20 years and many doctors not figuring out my pain) was able not only tell me what was wrong, but showed me what was going on. Dr Roh told me the only fix for this was lower lumbar fusion. He fused 3 stress fractured vertebrae and my back pain was gone in a day. He and his staff are excellent. I see why Dr Roh is the best spine surgeon in the country!
in Sterling, IL |
Dr. Roh was very courteous and informative when explaining my condition and proceedure. They were very prompt in scheduling for surgery, and carrying it out without delays. My condition improved greatly by the procedure (S/P cervical fusion), and I was very satisfied with the resulting improvement in my condition.
in Rock Falls, IL |
My experience with Dr Roh and his staff was excellent! I came to him in horrible pain. My surgery went very well and I was completely pain free after my surgery. I have done very well was called and checked on by his nurse and came for my 6 week visit and I am completely healed with no restrictions. His office and staff are very professional and very informative and I never had to question anything. everything went very smooth because of them. He is simply amazing at what he does!
in Belvidere, IL |
Dr. Roh just did a spinal lumbar fusion on me. The results are amazing, I have no pain at all. Dr. Roh explained every little thing to me, I had the surgery one day and was out of the hospital the next afternoon. I had forgotten what NO pain felt like, I feel like I have my complete life back. I would strongly tell anyone to choose Dr. Roh at the Rockford Spine Center.
Have you seen Dr. Michael S. Roh, MD?
Are you Dr. Roh?

Compare Dr. Roh

Dr. Roh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Roh has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Roh's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hernia
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Barnes Jewish Hospital

Completed in 2002

Brown University / Alpert Medical School

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Roh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Pediatric Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.