Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Rimlawi

The Minimally Invasive Spine Institute

10400 N Central Expy Dallas, TX 75231

Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO is a Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Dallas, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Scott & White - Plano and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - White Rock. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rimlawi to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in Dallas

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Rimlawi accepts

Dr. Rimlawi accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
HealthSmart PPO
Preferred PPO
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Rimlawi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rimlawi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Rimlawi treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Rimlawi treats this condition more than 82% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Coccygeal Pain

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO...

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Rimlawi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rimlawi

4.0

Dr. Rimlawi?
Dr. Rimlawi was the only surgeon that sat down with me and explained while looking at the MRI what was going on to me. I had back surgery and no more pain. He is fantastic and I have already referred 2 other people to him. Thank you Dr. Rimlawi.
Jennifer Jarrett in Dallas, TX – Oct 01, 2018
Negative. Dishonest.
Dallas, TX – Sep 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
I have had the most incredible experience from my first visit to Dr. Rimlawli. His staff is professional yet personal. I was impressed that on my first visit that Dr. R and his staff spent a very long time explaining what my procedure would in intale and what to expect afterwards. After surgery his staff was always there to answer any questions.. I would definitely recommend him if you are considering surgery to see Dr. Rimlawi. I now can live pain free.
JoAnn Werner in Ft. Worth Tx – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
5 weeks ago I was working and lifted something and felt a sharp pain go down my leg. I started to lose feeling in that same leg and at that moment I knew it was serious. Dr. Rimlawi was able to see me that week for an examination and my surgery was the next day. I was uneasy about the surgery but The Minimally Invasive Surgical Institute was so kind and extremely knowledgeable. I was so impressed . Thank you for the fantastic job they did . Highly recommend it .
will padilla in TX – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr. Rimlawi changed my life! After living with lower back pain for over 20 years I didn't even realize how much it affected my life until after the surgery. I have lived pain free for the last 3 years and I am so thankful for Dr. Rimlawi and his entire staff.
Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
If you are looking for a physician/surgeon for your back pain, Dr. Rimlawi and the Minimally Invasive Spine Institute, is the place to go! I have NEVER in my life, had a doctor treat me with such compassion and understanding!! I have never been through anything like this, and Dr. Rimlawi answered all of my questions, more than once! From his assistant Andrea, who is WONDERFUL!, my appt, billing, pre and post op, EVERYONE was wonderful!! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Rimlawi and his staff!!
Debbie Chisum in Waco, Texas – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
After living in excruciating pain for more than 3 months and talking to two other Doctors, I met Dr. Rimlawi to have him look at my MRI. When he explained the images to me, it became instantly clear to me that I needed to have surgery to fix the ruptured disks. He knew how painful it was, so straight to get pre-surgery labs and less than 1 week later had surgery. Pain free since the moment I woke up and getting stronger everyday! I recommend Dr. Rimlawi, and the entire staff at MISI.
Bill M in Fate, TX – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr Rimlawi and his staff are the best I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I lived with chronic back pain for over 20 years, always believing surgery was not an option for me. I have since had the minimally invasive procedure and my back pain is gone. Dr Rimlawi and his team of amazing professionals are always available for questions and the after care was the most attentive I have ever received from a medical professional.
Murphy – Jan 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr. Rimlawi and his assistant Andrea are both a real pleasure to have. I had a disk replaced and fused L4/L5 together, procedure went as planned and I have been pain free for a year now. I am so glad that I had the procedure done. Just 2 tiny incisions and followed Dr. orders to a tee. I can't say enough about having my life back and being pain free. Recovery for me went very well and did everything they said and it did get better faster. Can't say enough about these two.
Jeff S in Frisco – Jan 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr. Rimlawi is AMAZING! His assistant Andrea is too! They are so nice and so are the staff! They were the first Dr's to set down and explain my issues and plan in detail so that I completely understood what was going on. Dr. Rimlawi found something that another spine surgeon and radiologist missed which was detrimental for my success. I spent 8 months in bed due to horrible nerve pain and I walked out of the hospital, the same day, pain free. They gave me my life back. It was life saving for me!
Ashli Whittington in Thackerville – Dec 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr. Rimlawi is unbelievable. I suffered for 7 weeks with a ruptured disk and was barely able to walk. With less than an hour of surgery and a very small incision, Dr. Rimlawi had me walking without a cane within an hour of surgery. 4 weeks later, I have zero pain and have resumed my life again. Thank you Dr. Rimlawi!!
Mark in Richardson, TX – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
I'm two weeks past surgery for a 2 level fusion in my neck (C5, C6, C7), and the pain in my arm and shoulder has been gone since the day of surgery. Dr. Rimlawi and Andrea Smith, the Nurse Practitioner, have been deeply engaged, informative, educational, and concerned since my initial appointment. They continue to respond quickly to inquiries, emails, and phone calls - and recalled my situation and surgery in specific detail during my follow-up. I'm very glad I chose Dr. Rimlawi.
Trent Garrison in Midlothian, TX – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
From the moment I walked into Dr. Rimlawi's office it was great experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The overall facility was very nice and clean. When meeting with Dr. Rimlawi he reviewed my MRI and options with me in laymans terms with great detail. A wonderful doctor that I would highly recommend.
LK in Dallas, TX – Feb 28, 2017
Dr. Rimlawi's Reply – Flag
Thank you for the kind words LK.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Just saw Dr. Rimlawi for my follow up appointment after surgery and cannot thank him and his staff enough for all they have done! Before surgery, I was in daily chronic pain. Dr. Rimlawi took the time to walk me through what the surgery would entail and what I could expect after. From the minute I woke up from surgery I felt such relief from the pain which I had been living with for years! I would absolutely recommend him to anybody needing spine surgery.
Kris in Richardson, TX – Feb 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr. Rimlawi is a very kind and compassionate physician. I have had back issues for over 30 years and out of all the previous physicians Dr. Rimlawi is the only Dr. that has taken the time to really talk and listen to me about my issues. Not only did he spend time with me, after my surgery he spent 30-45 min talking with my husband and explaining my issues with him. Highly recommend Dr. Rimlawi!
Nancy in Garland, TX – Feb 10, 2017
Thank you for allowing us to care for you and for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Traveled from Seattle to have L5-S1 fusion. Initially had improvement, but then the BMP he used to accelerate bone growth caused osteolysis and most of my L5 vertebrae dissolved. It took 2 surgeries and two surgeons to repair, and I have permanent numbness in my right leg and foot. MISI billed my insurance for $750,000 and got paid $500,000. The two surgeries in Seattle resulted in insurance getting billed $125,000 and they got paid $75,000. That explains why there are so many surgeons in Texas.
Tom Kriek in Belfair, WA – Dec 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. Rimlawi for many years for my occasional low back pain. He told me that I do not need surgery but continues to help me by offering other treatments to alleviate my pain. He is very kind and so compassionate. I wouldn't trust my care to anyone else!!
Joseph in Dallas, TX – Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
Dr. Rimlawi and his office are wonderful. They took the time to explain my condition and treatment options. Thank you for all your help and support with getting me back to life without back pain.
Ann in Dallas, TX – Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?
After being diagnosed with spinal stenosis, I had 3 Disc replaced. The surgery was awesome and my rehab was time was much shorter than expected.
Guy J. in McKinney, TX – Sep 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rimlawi, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Rimlawi?

Ultimately, Dr. Rimlawi's practice is defined by over a decade of experience, honesty and skill. As a result of his prestigious surgical training, his expertise with technological advances in minimally invasive spine surgery, and most importantly, his tireless commitment to patients and their families, Dr. Michael Rimlawi has become a leader in the field of minimally invasive spine surgery.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Neck Surgery

2004
University Of California San Diego Medical Center

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Rimlawi communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Rimlawi communicates via email

• Does Dr. Rimlawi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Rimlawi offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Rimlawi offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Rimlawi offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Rimlawi have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Rimlawi has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Rimlawi offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Rimlawi offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Rimlawi offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Rimlawi offers evening visits