Dr. Michael Rettig, MD

Dr. Michael Rettig, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Michael Rettig, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Rettig is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center .

Dr. Rettig's Experience

See how Dr. Rettig's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rettig

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rettig has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rettig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rettig to family and friends
    3.2
    Dr. Rettig's Performance
    New York, NY |
    I came to Dr Rettig after going through a traumatic injury to one of my fingers on my dominant hand. Dr. Rettig and his team were fantastic from start to finish. His staff was extremely courteous and I found Dr. Rettig to be refreshingly direct about my condition and what to do to correct it. Both he and the staff at the NYU outpatient surgical center were both professional and compassionate. I would recommend Dr. Rettig to my best friends.
    Havertown, PA |
    Dr Rettig may be a competent practitioner, but he was short, dismissive, and seemed in a hurry to finish my visit. He did not recommend as much as order me to have surgery, and without asking if I had any questions. Took me directly to the insurance office to get an estimate of my payment and so we could set it up immediately. He was very dismissive. Luckily I decided to wait and research told me there were problems with this surgery that he did hot make me aware of.
    in Pound Ridge, NY |
    Dr. Rettig helped us diagnose and solve a very painful wrist problem that my 16 year old daughter was experiencing for three years! We went to other doctors and nobody figured out what was going on. We met with him and his wonderful staff and had an answer in 20 minutes and a surgery booked within a month at our convenience (my daughter goes away to school). He even saw us in his office on a Sunday after her surgery so that she wouldn't have to miss a day of school...
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    The experience with Dr. Rettig and his team is one of the best I have had. They were accommodating, timely, thorough, so kind and efficient. I went in with a broken wrist and Dr. Rettig's cast resulted in a perfect heal even though I probably used my wrist more than I should have. Highly recommend.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Rettig is curt, dismissive and rude. He decided surgery was necessary & showed no interest my questions. After researching the surgery, I learned that it would probably result in a shortened thumb and diminished use of my dominant hand; none of which he deemed necessary to mention. While meeting with him, I noticed x-rays of two hands on his screen. I asked about them and he said he was working on another patient's file. I wasn't even given his full attention during our 15 minutes together.
    in New York, NY |
    i injured my right (dominant) hand, tearing a ligament (skier's thumb) after bracing a fall with it, and grew concerned because I couldn't even grasp or lift up a glass with it. Dr. Rettig quickly diagnosed it and performed surgery a week later (he advised me that delaying it would require more involved and extensive surgery). I'm very pleased with the results - opposable thumbs are a wonderful thing, when they work! So a toast to Dr. Rettig, now that I can lift a glass!
    Have you seen Dr. Michael Rettig, MD?
    Are you Dr. Rettig?

Dr. Rettig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
    •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rettig has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rettig's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
    • Dupuytren's Contracture
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Gout
    • Hand Fracture
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
    • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
    • Osteoarthritis of Hands
    • Pseudoarthrosis
    • Trigger Finger
    • Wrist Fracture

Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1991

Mayo Clinic Rochester

Completed in 1992

Cornell

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Rettig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rettig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery