Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Rettig, MD
Dr. Michael Rettig, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Rettig is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center .

NYU Orthopaedic Surgery Associates

530 1st Ave # 8U

New York, NY 10016

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Rettig

Dr. Rettig's Experience

Dr. Rettig's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Cornell
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • New York University Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • New York University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Mayo Clinic Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Rettig has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rettig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rettig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rettig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rettig to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Rettig's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
I cannot express how satisfied I am with the care and professionalism I received from Dr Rettig and his staff. He is genuine to his patients, looks out for their best interest and a very skilled surgeon.
in SUNNYSIDE |
I would never recommend Dr. Rettig to anyone! He is rude and dismissive and if you are in pain and ask for stronger medication, he refuses and acts like you are a drug addict. He misrepresented the cost of surgery on my little finger which is in the same condition after his surgery as before!
in Brooklyn, NY |
After posting an initial review within NYU that he is a pompous, arrogant and has no bedside manner I received a call from him feigning concern and offered to speak with my physical therapist. His assistant inadvertently mistook me for another patient and shared Personal info with me. He did not speak to my PT he LISTENED. He was rude, inefficient and not just a waste of time but also $$. It sickens me that he charges insurance companies so much for upsetting people instead of actually treating
Brooklyn, NY |
My daughter went to see him for very painful carpal tunnel syndrome. He was rude and dismissive- challenging her as to why she hadn't done anything for it (she was waiting to see a doctor!) and telling her she needed a lifestyle change. She had a summer internship all summer that started right after her sophomore year- what kind of lifestyle change was he talking about? Kept telling her that there's no drug to fix it ( as if she were asking for an opioid), and gave her very little substantive.
New York, NY |
I came to Dr Rettig after going through a traumatic injury to one of my fingers on my dominant hand. Dr. Rettig and his team were fantastic from start to finish. His staff was extremely courteous and I found Dr. Rettig to be refreshingly direct about my condition and what to do to correct it. Both he and the staff at the NYU outpatient surgical center were both professional and compassionate. I would recommend Dr. Rettig to my best friends.
Havertown, PA |
Dr Rettig may be a competent practitioner, but he was short, dismissive, and seemed in a hurry to finish my visit. He did not recommend as much as order me to have surgery, and without asking if I had any questions. Took me directly to the insurance office to get an estimate of my payment and so we could set it up immediately. He was very dismissive. Luckily I decided to wait and research told me there were problems with this surgery that he did hot make me aware of.
in Pound Ridge, NY |
Dr. Rettig helped us diagnose and solve a very painful wrist problem that my 16 year old daughter was experiencing for three years! We went to other doctors and nobody figured out what was going on. We met with him and his wonderful staff and had an answer in 20 minutes and a surgery booked within a month at our convenience (my daughter goes away to school). He even saw us in his office on a Sunday after her surgery so that she wouldn't have to miss a day of school...
in Brooklyn, NY |
The experience with Dr. Rettig and his team is one of the best I have had. They were accommodating, timely, thorough, so kind and efficient. I went in with a broken wrist and Dr. Rettig's cast resulted in a perfect heal even though I probably used my wrist more than I should have. Highly recommend.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Rettig is curt, dismissive and rude. He decided surgery was necessary & showed no interest my questions. After researching the surgery, I learned that it would probably result in a shortened thumb and diminished use of my dominant hand; none of which he deemed necessary to mention. While meeting with him, I noticed x-rays of two hands on his screen. I asked about them and he said he was working on another patient's file. I wasn't even given his full attention during our 15 minutes together.
in New York, NY |
i injured my right (dominant) hand, tearing a ligament (skier's thumb) after bracing a fall with it, and grew concerned because I couldn't even grasp or lift up a glass with it. Dr. Rettig quickly diagnosed it and performed surgery a week later (he advised me that delaying it would require more involved and extensive surgery). I'm very pleased with the results - opposable thumbs are a wonderful thing, when they work! So a toast to Dr. Rettig, now that I can lift a glass!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Rettig, MD?
Are you Dr. Rettig?