Dr. Michael Repine, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 51

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Michael Repine, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Boulder, CO and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Repine has extensive experience in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. He graduated from University of Colorado At Denver in 1997. He is affiliated with Foothills Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Michael Repine, MD

Boulder Medical Center

2750 Broadway St Boulder, CO 80304
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Repine with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center today at (303) 997-0215.

These providers are on the medical staff of Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center.

Dr. Repine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Repine

Total knee replacement, I am 12 weeks out and am thrilled with the results. Dr. Repine and his staff have been great - were extremely helpful with some post-surgery questions that I had. I highly recommend Dr. Repine.
Jan 26, 2023
Very good outcome
Dr Repine did a hip replacement for me. All went well and at 8 weeks out, am at 100%. He’s very proficient and communicates well and listens well.
Nov 30, 2022
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Repine is an excellent hip replacement surgeon. He communicates well and carefully managed my case from pre-surgery, through the operation and during post-op care.
W. Siegfried – Oct 26, 2022
Anterior hip replacement
Initial visit brief, referred to PT to determine assessment. Unclear what my expectations for PT would be. Subsequent visit, plan was provided. Surgery scheduled. Little was discussed regarding plan for interim care, pain control. Surgery was perfect, care excellent post op. Good explanation of recovery, excellent care given. I would have any other necessary orthopedic surgery by Dr. Repine, surgical care excellent.
Aug 07, 2022
Horrible
He did not listen at all! I told him there was an issue with my knee replacement two weeks into this whole thing. He said everything looked good; this pain was normal. Three months in, he told me this was normal and that he had to get me back to work. After seeking a second opinion, I have a torn tendon. I am not fine, thank you, and this is not normal. Now,I have to go through another surgery. Thanks for not listening.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Michael – May 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
Very informative, listens to patients
I interviewed two other Orthopedics before selecting Dr. Repine for my replacement hip surgery. He provided the most complete pre-surgery information and listened patiently to my questions. Staff is very helpful and follow up visits with the Laura Kaiser, PA were thorough and supportive.
Peter W. – May 15, 2022
Awesome surgeon
My MD in Ft Collins referred me to Dr. Repine, (in Boulder), who performed a total knee replace on me in January 2022. At 3 months out, I can say that I've had a good recovery. I was willing to drive the extra distance to be a patient of this extraordinary doctor and surgeon. Unlike the ortho surgeries I've had in Northern Colorado, where I only ever saw the assistant, Dr. Repine actually spends time with his patients before, during and after the surgery. He also does minor procedures in office. Dr. Repine has great bedside manner and always answered questions honestly and thoroughly; even the details of what to expect post surgery. I also appreciate the excellent medical crew he has, consisting of of Laura Kaiser, PA, and medical assistants Katherine and McKayla. The communication with Dr. Repine and his office is excellent. For sure I will go back to Dr. Repine when my other knee needs to be replaced, and I have widely referred friends to him. I feel very thankful.
The tractor guys' wife – Apr 30, 2022
Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Repine was my surgeon for my two hip replacements and a shoulder replacement. His team is top tier and are responsive to follow ups and any questions you have. Dr. Repine makes sure his patients experience better outcomes through post-surgery support and, in conjunction with PT, you can expect major improvements in your mobility and reduced pain levels.
Apr 05, 2022
Professional and caring.
Dr. Repine performed a total replacement of my left knee in January. From my first visit with him, I knew I was in good hands. He listened to my concerns and explained in detail what I would be facing in recovery. Now, three months after surgery, I have no pain and am only working to regain strength. He is an excellent surgeon.
Apr 02, 2022
New Knee Works Great!
I've "enjoyed" four knee reconstructions due to ACL injuries (including one "repair" done at that famous place in Vail, which I highly suggest you should avoid unless you are a famous athlete.). Due to this trauma it became obvious that a full knee replacement was in my future. My left knee finally used up its lifespan in October of 2021. Dr. Repine was able to book me for surgery by the end of the year and now, three months out, I'm recovering quickly and the knee feels great. When it comes to knees, this is a highly competent surgeon who knows his stuff. He can fix your knee. After that the recovery is up to you. Don't skimp on your PT and you will end up very happy with the work he has done.
Tom Winter – Mar 18, 2022
First time knee surgery
As this was the first time that I found myself looking for an Orthopedic surgeon I spent a good deal of time searching for the right one for me. Of those folks that I know who had prior experience with Boulder area Orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Repine's name came up most often.
Gary Flauaus – Mar 09, 2022
Great Practice
I went to Dr. Repine for a second opinion on my hip. I was impressed with his "bedside" manner. He made ne feel much more comfortable than the first doctor I saw up in Boulder. I felt that I was at a practice and not at a business. The procedure went great and the follow-up visits left me with the same feeling that I had made the right choice.
Bob Ruzich – Feb 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
Follow up after knee replacement surgery
Robert Moskovics – Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
I appreciated that I was given all the information about my surgery beforehand. I was able to ask questions and received clear answers. My care and aftercare were excellent. I was made surprisingly comfortable in the hospital and was sent home with all the medications I needed and a phone number I could call if I had any questions afterward. The staff were all very accomodatine and were also able to answer my questions as they arose. I would highly recommend Dr. Repine for hip replacement surgery.
Stephanie Bendel – Oct 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
Listens and spends all the time you need. Gives all the important information necessary. Very easy to communicate with. Did a great job on my first hip and will be going back for the other soon.
Bob C. – Oct 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
After interviewing several surgeons for my total right knee replacement, both me and my husband felt Dr. Repine was the best! He took the time necessary to explain the procedure, rehab, and other expectations. He was also very thorough in his assessment. He always asked me what questions I had and was interested in answering them to my satisfaction. My surgery went very well, and my recovery and rehab are going along as Dr. Repine explained. I have a lot of confidence in his skills as a surgeon and his communication abilities. I HIGHLY recommend him!
Oct 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
Professional, thorough, informative, and available. I made the right choice choosing Dr. Repine for my shoulder replacement surgery. Rates much more than a 5 star review from me!
George – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
I have recommended him to friends since my surgery on April 12th. Dr. Michael Repine and the robotic surgery is the ONLY way to GO! I thoroughly enjoyed my time and experience from consultation through to post op. My recovery was faster than when I had my right knee done fourteen years ago. I attribute this to the robotic surgery. He and his entire staff are great to work with at the Boulder Med Center.
Barbara Richards – Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
This was a revision to a previous knee replacement. Dr. was very straight forward as to what to expect. Services were provided in a timely manner. Follow up visits were timely and he spent enough time with me so all my concerns were addressed.
Barbara Tarnoff – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?
Dr Repine performed a knee replacement surgery on me about 4 months ago and my knee is not only healed, but it is better than ever. Throughout he was not only completely professional but also incredibly kind. He explained everything and answered any questions I had. I recommend him without hesitation.
Jeanne Kopeck – Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Repine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Repine?