Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 48

Dr. Reinhorn

Boston Hernia & Pilonidal Center

20 Walnut St Ste 20 Wellesley, MA 02481

Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD is a general surgery specialist in Wellesley, MA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in general surgery and laparoscopic surgery.

Dr. Reinhorn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Reinhorn

Dr. Reinhorn?
Dr. Reinhorn's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD
If you're looking for a fast recovery Inguinal Hernia surgery, see Dr. Michael Reinhorn. I did a lot of research on the best options for fixing the hernia that I had for six years. I wanted an alternative to traditional open repair so I researched laparoscopic repair. I was not thrilled with the general anesthesia associated with that option. Dr. Reinhorn's minimally invasive option is the best route by far. My surgery was on Friday and I was a bit uncomfortable for a couple of days. Sleeping was tough the first night but I chose not to take any narcotic pain killers and stuck to Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen. By Monday I was getting around easier but was careful to avoid lifting anything heavier than 25 lbs. I was back to work on Tuesday. Within a week I was feeling about 75% and by 2.5 weeks I'm happy to say I am about 95% and have been to a couple of yoga classes and done a few light workouts. Don't know why I waited so long to have my repair done. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Dr. Reinhorn provided excellent information about the procedure up front. Recovery went great - after 2 days of mild discomfort, returned to near normal activity. After 10 days, resumed bicycling (68 miles/week) and all activities. No residual effects at all. Recommend this team highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
I found this guy for my dad when he was in search of a hernia surgeon. So, he went to check him out after he saw Dr. Reinhorn has 98% success rate. That was 8/17/15. On 9/11/15, he finally went under the knife for what he thought was a double hernia removal, but then Dr. Reinhorn found a third hernia inside and he did phenomenal work. Would highly recommend.
Outstanding doctor & staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
He is the expert in this field and we are fortunate to have him in Massachusetts. Did not feel pain after surgery. Never needed Pain killers. Great staff at Boston Hernia.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Excellent doctor and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Dr. Reinhorn has performed two hernia surgeries on me in the last few years. This week I had pain that I was sure was another hernia. I went to see Dr. Reinhorn this week, he examined me and determined it was most probably a pulled muscle. He recommended PT. His diagnosis was right on! I highly recommend Dr. Reinhorn. I wish him well with his new practice which will allow him to provide the best service to his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Dr. Reinhorn and his staff/colleagues are kind, caring, and attentive and have been since I first started going to his practice a couple years ago. Great team of people, who have been ensuring my course for a healthy lifestyle is the best possible course.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Had a cleft lift done for pilonidal disease on May 10th. I am healed and fully recovered. Dr Reinhorn is the man and has completely returned my life back to normal. If you suffer from pilonidal disease Dr Reinhorn is the guy to go to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Dr. Reinhorn explained the procedure in detail and the risks and rewards of surgery. Excellent bed side manner and I highly recommend Dr. Reinhorn for anyone requiring hernia repair surgery !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
After 4 days, the hardest part about Doctor Reinhorn's surgery post op is stopping yourself from doing things - not joking. This guy knows what he is doing and specializes in hernias, staff is great, hospital is top notch (Newton Wellesley). I've done the legwork for you, being an anxious person about medical things.... Hernia = Doctor Reinhorn. I chose the 2 week recovery (lightweight mesh, 1-1/2 inch incision). If this happens again, I will go to Dr. Reinhorn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Complete staff workup with very good attention to details. Excellent pre-op safety review. Good communication with the correct persons to answer all questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Did my umbilical hernia surgery, and from his office, his PA, him, the whole thing went so well and was such a great experience as good as it can be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Dr Reinhorn’s office is very professional. I left a VM before the office opened and I received a call shortly after staff arrived. Additionally, they took it upon themselves to call my primary doctor to get a referral. Now that’s going above and beyond. My visit was very pleasant. Lauren was very thorough with explaining everything and gave me all the time in the world to ask questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Very personable staff as well as Dr. Reinhorn and Lauren. Professional yet friendly and knowledgeable! Great organization!! Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Could not be more pleased with the Dr. Reinhorn and his PA, Lauren as well as the rest of the staff. The professionalism and attention to details were outstanding during both the office visit as well as the surgery that followed. Information was straight forward, they both strived to make sure I understood the issues and offered plenty of time for questions and worked hard to accommodate me. I hope I never need his services again :), but would go back without question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Great process from start to finish. Very professional, friendly, informative and efficient My procedure and post-op went as well as I could have imagined.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
In February I met with Dr Reinhorn for a pre-op inguinal hernia exam during which he was very friendly, kind and considerate in providing an assessment, recommendation for treatment and answering questions. On the day of the surgery he came into the waiting area to address any concerns or questions. The procedure he performed was minimally invasive, successful and allowed for a much faster recovery. I would strongly recommend him because of his expertise and well documented website.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
He instills confidence in me that he knows his job, and that I made the right choice in choosing Dr. Reinhorn for my procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Reinhorn, MD?
Dr. Reinhorn was wonderful. I was confident in his ability to give me a better quality of life. Before surgery I suffered from sleep apnea, waking constantly, never feeling rested & excessive loud snoring, waking me & others around me. After surgery I get quality sleep & don't suffer w/sleep apnea, I can breath through my nose & I don't snore anymore! My experience truly has been life changing for me & I am grateful to have had such a compassionate & efficient doctor.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Reinhorn?

I enjoy teaching. I enjoy teaching my patients about their disease process and informing them of the options they have. I explain to patients about their options, and the procedures in as much detail as a patient wants to hear. I hope to treat every patient as I want to be treated

• General Surgery

1996
1992

• Hebrew

Dr. Reinhorn accepts

Dr. Reinhorn accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Medicaid
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Reinhorn's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Reinhorn's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ventral Hernia

Dr. Reinhorn treats Ventral Hernia more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Reinhorn treats this condition more than 5% of his peers

Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Reinhorn performs Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Reinhorn performs this procedure more than 5% of his peers

• Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia

Boston Hernia & Pilonidal Center

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Reinhorn treats patients.