Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD

Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 59

Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Lone Tree, CO. Dr. Rauzzino has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Sky Ridge Medical Center and The Medical Center of Aurora. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rauzzino to book an appointment.

Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery

New Patient?
Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery PC10099 Ridgegate Pkwy Ste 310 Lone Tree, CO 80124

Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery PC

New Patient?
Frsn1444 S Potomac St Ste 190 Aurora, CO 80012

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Rauzzino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rauzzino

4.5

Dr. Rauzzino?
  • Office environment (89)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (85)
  • Explained conditions well (85)
  • Long wait times (75)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (14)
  • Appointment was rushed (13)
Dr Rauzzino and his great team of professionals provided me with wonderful care. The time they took to explain my condition and the possible ways to treat my issues was beyond my expectations. The PA were knowledgeable and and provided thorough explanations. Dr R, further explained what he thought was the best course of action to minimally affect my range of motion and while getting the best results. HI liked the way he put himself in my shoes stating, "if it were my neck we were working on this is the way I would go forward." The care I had while I was in the hospital prior and following the operation in DrR's care was outstanding as well. I'm nearly 2 weeks out from my cervical surgery, my neck feels better than it has in years.
Mike Christopher – Mar 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I don't write reviews unless the service that was provide exceeds my expectations from beginning to end and all the way in-between. Guess what? My experience with Dr. Rauzzino checked off all the boxes and soooo much more. From the unbelievable kindness and professionalism from my favorite ladies in the front office who I enjoy seeing each and every time all the way down to the nurses in recovery. Dr. Rauzzino and Derrick his P.A. always made me feel like they were treating a family member. I have had two separate surgeries with this great surgeon and his team with amazing results both times. The front office staff relayed my concerns in detail before I met with Dr. Rauzzino and he helped put my mind at ease both times. Dr. Rauzzino and his staff remind me of why Dr's choose this profession, to genuinely help people achieve the best they can be which is a rarity in this day and age. I will be forever grateful.
Margaret M Ligotti – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino gave me my life back after 2 years of severe lower back pain. The entire staff at Dr. Rauzzino's office is wonderful. I had spinal fusion in April of this year after going through 1 1/2 years of conservative treatment. Dr. Rauzzino's PA, Derrick Winkler was very understanding and did not push surgery on me at any point. He spent time with me and explained the surgery to me in detail. I went in without any fear and the surgery was the best thing I ever did. It was life changing and I cannot say enough great things about Front Range. If you are looking for a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd opinion, go there. You will probably end up with Dr. Rauzzino as your surgeon.
April Matava in Aurora – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino expertly performed an extremely delicate repair to my spinal membrane, which was leaking cerebro spinal fluid (caused by a previous surgeon's mistake during fusion surgery). The area was very difficult to reach, making ordinary stitching impossible, so he creatively applied a combination of “patch” options and kept watch over me in ICU until he felt confident that it would heal properly on its own—which it has. In addition, he is a kind, compassionate person and a great communicator with a genuine interest in his patients. Anyone with a complicated situation should not hesitate to contact him—there is definitely a reason he carries the title Chief of Neurosurgery at his hospital.
N. Hutchins in Denver, CO – May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino was a second surgical opinion for me. His PA was GREAT, and they diagnosed me/my excruciating pain based on MY issues. Dr. Rauzzino did an EXCELLENT job describing the procedure and why it would help me. He is smart, efficient, great at describing what and why, and my surgery came off without a hitch. I cannot thank him and his staff enough for giving my life back. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!
CO, CO – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino is totally excellent at what he does. He listens to his patients with an open mind and will give you options should there be any. His followups are there and he doesn't forget you. He corrected a problem with me in replacing a broken cage in my back and did a Spinal Fusion. His staff in Colorado Springs is awesome and they don't miss anything. A very friendly practice.
Ken in Colorado Springs, CO – Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Rauzzino 100%! I know first hand that he is warm, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. And that he goes out of his way, above and beyond for his patients. The staff is amazing as well. They are attentive, genuine and also very caring. Can not say enough great things about this office and all of my many experiences with them. You can rest assured that you will be well taken care of here.
Kim in Lone Tree, CO – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had neck pain for 4 years due a combination of congenital spinal stenosis and herniated/bulging discs. Dr. Rauzzino recommended Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery in two levels for my case. It's now two weeks after surgery and the pain is essentially gone. In fact I feel so well that I have to hold myself back so I don't overdo anything. I can't thank Dr. Rauzzino enough for his expertise and care. He made a tremendous difference in my life and I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you!!!
Ricardo in Centennial, CO – Jul 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr R has my back! After 2 previous surgeries, I went in to see Dr. Rauzzino. I received incredible care and optimism! I left my visit with a clear understanding of my extended options. He's very intelligent, considerate, and caring. GREAT Doctor!
Heather Combs in CO, CO – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I haven't felt this good in 7 years. I had emergency lumbar surgery, at Sky Ridge, that Dr. Rauzzino performed. I am eternally grateful for him being there and taking care of me. I would recommend him to anyone needing an honest opinion with a no nonsense doctor.
Mary W in Centennial, CO – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had broke my T7 back in 2006, was told by many doctors that nothing could be done. I broke my T6, T9 and T12, when he repaired my T6 he also repaired my T7. Great doctor and great chair side manner, always made me feel important and comfortable.
Jacqueline Rencher in Aurora, CO – Jul 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had chronic debilitating pain from sciatica. Dr. Rauzzino saw me in a timely manner, identified the problem corrected it with a laminectomy. Throughout the process he and his staff were very helpful and worked to see that I got the treatment that I needed.
Chris in Colorado Springs, CO – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had a L5 S1 Lumbar fusion done by Dr. Rauzzino six months ago. He is an amazing surgeon with a great bedside manner. He made sure he answered all my questions and that I was comfortable with his plan of action. I was in pain for almost 5 years from my back issues and I feel fantastic now! Not only is Dr. Rauzzino great, the PAs are also top notch.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
He performed a C6-7 ADR for me. I woke up from surgery pain free for the first time in 7 months. I went home 6 hours after surgery and walked nearly 2 miles the next day. Great Dr and friendly staff.
Scott Papay in Highlands Ranch, CO – Apr 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
My experiance could not have been better. Dr. Rauzzino and his associates were amazing from the first appointment, to bedside mannor, to surgery and post op. He is the guy you want to work on your medical issue. His lack of ego and his gentle personality made this an experiance that I will share with anyone needing back surgery.
Colorado Springs, CO – Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
The best of the BEST I promise!! I had a fusion in 2002 at L5-S1 and it failed I was in terrible pain & no longer able to enjoy any quality of life. Dr. Rauzzino seen me & ordered new images showing more damage than was originally thought. He got me in for surgery ASAP! There were times at 3:00 A.M in the hospital that my pain was horrible HE WANTED TO BE CALLED so he could make SURE they had orders for appropriate meds for me if needed. His team is AMAZING all go above & beyond I am SO HAPPY A+
Michael Moffett-Wing in Colorado Springs, CO – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino is an excellent surgeon. He operated on me early this week, a microdiscectomy. There has been no residual pain at all except a bit from the inscision. I just got done walking 2 miles with no pain.
Bill D – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino made my life much better. My T 11-12 disc had herniated inward and was partially wrapped around my spinal cord. I was having severe nerve pain in both legs. Dr. Rauzzino offered me several choices. I opted for two surgeries. I felt comfortable with Dr. Rauzzino instantly. My surgeries were in 9/2016. My mobility is fantastic. I no longer use a cane. To this day, people come up and tell me how well I am moving. They say my facial expression is no longer, one of pain.
Joel K. in Morrison,CO – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Most experienced surgeon I’ve ever had. Made sure I was educated about EVERYTHING, made sure I had great pain control AND has the BEST bedside manner. Would NEVER use another neurosurgeon again should I need one.
Michelle Johnson in Monument, CO – Dec 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
From my inital visit until after my surgery Dr. Rauzzino and his staff were wonderful! They were very thorough and explained all of my options. The front office is well organized and provided me with all the paperwork and information I needed.
Christi Johnson in Englewood, CO – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rauzzino?

Dr. Rauzzino accepts

Dr. Rauzzino accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Kaiser Permanente
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 70% more than similar doctors

Dr. Rauzzino treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Rauzzino treats Degenerative Disc Disease more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Rauzzino treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Rauzzino treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Rauzzino treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Knee Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors