Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD

Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 60

Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Lone Tree, CO. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as The Medical Center of Aurora and Sky Ridge Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rauzzino to book an appointment.

Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery PC

Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery PC10099 Ridgegate Pkwy Ste 310 Lone Tree, CO 80124

Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery PC

Frsn1444 S Potomac St Ste 190 Aurora, CO 80012

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Rauzzino is affiliated with Sky Ridge Medical Center Lone Tree, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Rauzzino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rauzzino

4.5

11.320754716981131%

Dr. Rauzzino
Thank You Dr. Rauzzino! I will never forget that prior to going into surgery at Parker Adventist one of the Doctors that was going to be in the operating room mentioned how lucky i am to have Dr. Rauzzino as my surgeon. I replied that yes I have been told by numerous people that he is the best. The Doctor replied back, "Not just the best. The best of the best". Wow. What more is there to say than that! I wanted to jump off the bed and RUN into operating room! Thank You again Dr. Rauzzino!
Larry Cramer – Sep 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I saw Dr Rauzzino Oct 1, 2019 for a Laminectomy of L4,5 for Spinal Canal Stenosis cause pain at level 8-9/10 and a Discectomy at L4 Nerve causing right leg weakness the result of a climbing accident 43 years prior. After experiencing a MTB accident in July I started experiencing severe lower buttock pain and right leg weakness. I had an MRI that revealed the Dx above and was encourage by my chiropractor to seek surgery right away. After being referred by my PCP to Dr Rauzzino I found him to have excellent bedside manners, and clearly explained what the surgical procedure would be to correct the problems and solve my pain, and weakness. My surgery went very well, up and walking that evening. PT and OT cleared me the following day. After surgery in recovery, Dr Rauzzino assured me that what he did for me in surgery I could not undo and that I was going to be good for the rest of my life and since then and for two years I have been pain free and no limitations.
Chris – Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
My husband has had 4 spine surgeries, the last 2 by Dr. Rauzzino. We couldn't be happier! Dr Rauzzino listened to everything we had to say, he is meticulous and it shows. Our only regret is not finding him first. Thank you Dr Rauzzino for making Daryl's life better.
Brenda – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I am 3 weeks post op from a Chiari Decompression Surgery performed by Dr. Rauzzino. After a 7 year battle with my disease, Dr. Rauzzino completed a surgery that gave me my life back. My quality of life pre-op had significantly changed due to my condition, impacting my family, children, fitness level and job. My Chiari had such a negative impact on my life that many days I had to fight to find the want to live. Waking up from surgery, I knew right away that Dr. Rauzzino had given me my life back. Every day post op, even through the post-op pain, my life was better than before surgery. I cannot thank Dr. Rauzzino and his team enough for the outstanding performance and outcomes of this surgery. I will forever be extremely thankful for this life changing surgeon and team. All staff in the office have been friendly, kind, and helpful. I appreciate the care from every person in this office. Thank you!
Nichole Jackson – Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I have had 4 surgeries with Dr. Rauzzino. Every surgery has been a success. I would rate him a 100 if there was such a rating. He is awesome. He takes time with you to explain everything intil you understand. I trust him and feel no fear going through surgery. I always knew I was in excellent hands. He is compassionate and caring. His staff is amazing. They help you with whatever you need.. If you have a bad spine like me, this is your place to go..
Ardell Deal – Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
If possible, I would leave a 10 star review. After seeking help with another group of doctors and not getting the help I needed, I was redirected to Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery. I was able to get an appointment quickly and from the minute I walked in I was greeted by the most competent and professional staff. After seeing the wonderful and knowledgeable PA they immediately scheduled the necessary tests and worked with my insurance company to make sure everything was in order. Following the X-rays and MRI I was scheduled for surgery. Dr. Rauzzino is truly a miracle worker. He operated on my back for a ruptured disc. I was in so much pain at the time and he and his staff did everything in their power to get me scheduled for surgery quickly. Fast forward to now, 1 week post-op, and I am virtually pain free and loving life. I am so grateful to everyone at Front Range Spine and Neurosurgery and for Dr. Rauzzino’s amazing knowledge and surgical skills. Forever grateful!
Carri GrandPre – Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr Rauzzino and his great team of professionals provided me with wonderful care. The time they took to explain my condition and the possible ways to treat my issues was beyond my expectations. The PA were knowledgeable and and provided thorough explanations. Dr R, further explained what he thought was the best course of action to minimally affect my range of motion and while getting the best results. HI liked the way he put himself in my shoes stating, "if it were my neck we were working on this is the way I would go forward." The care I had while I was in the hospital prior and following the operation in DrR's care was outstanding as well. I'm nearly 2 weeks out from my cervical surgery, my neck feels better than it has in years.
Mike Christopher – Mar 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I don't write reviews unless the service that was provide exceeds my expectations from beginning to end and all the way in-between. Guess what? My experience with Dr. Rauzzino checked off all the boxes and soooo much more. From the unbelievable kindness and professionalism from my favorite ladies in the front office who I enjoy seeing each and every time all the way down to the nurses in recovery. Dr. Rauzzino and Derrick his P.A. always made me feel like they were treating a family member. I have had two separate surgeries with this great surgeon and his team with amazing results both times. The front office staff relayed my concerns in detail before I met with Dr. Rauzzino and he helped put my mind at ease both times. Dr. Rauzzino and his staff remind me of why Dr's choose this profession, to genuinely help people achieve the best they can be which is a rarity in this day and age. I will be forever grateful.
Margaret M Ligotti – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino gave me my life back after 2 years of severe lower back pain. The entire staff at Dr. Rauzzino's office is wonderful. I had spinal fusion in April of this year after going through 1 1/2 years of conservative treatment. Dr. Rauzzino's PA, Derrick Winkler was very understanding and did not push surgery on me at any point. He spent time with me and explained the surgery to me in detail. I went in without any fear and the surgery was the best thing I ever did. It was life changing and I cannot say enough great things about Front Range. If you are looking for a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd opinion, go there. You will probably end up with Dr. Rauzzino as your surgeon.
April Matava in Aurora – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino expertly performed an extremely delicate repair to my spinal membrane, which was leaking cerebro spinal fluid (caused by a previous surgeon's mistake during fusion surgery). The area was very difficult to reach, making ordinary stitching impossible, so he creatively applied a combination of “patch” options and kept watch over me in ICU until he felt confident that it would heal properly on its own—which it has. In addition, he is a kind, compassionate person and a great communicator with a genuine interest in his patients. Anyone with a complicated situation should not hesitate to contact him—there is definitely a reason he carries the title Chief of Neurosurgery at his hospital.
N. Hutchins in Denver, CO – May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino was a second surgical opinion for me. His PA was GREAT, and they diagnosed me/my excruciating pain based on MY issues. Dr. Rauzzino did an EXCELLENT job describing the procedure and why it would help me. He is smart, efficient, great at describing what and why, and my surgery came off without a hitch. I cannot thank him and his staff enough for giving my life back. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!
CO, CO – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr. Rauzzino is totally excellent at what he does. He listens to his patients with an open mind and will give you options should there be any. His followups are there and he doesn't forget you. He corrected a problem with me in replacing a broken cage in my back and did a Spinal Fusion. His staff in Colorado Springs is awesome and they don't miss anything. A very friendly practice.
Ken in Colorado Springs, CO – Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Rauzzino 100%! I know first hand that he is warm, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. And that he goes out of his way, above and beyond for his patients. The staff is amazing as well. They are attentive, genuine and also very caring. Can not say enough great things about this office and all of my many experiences with them. You can rest assured that you will be well taken care of here.
Kim in Lone Tree, CO – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had neck pain for 4 years due a combination of congenital spinal stenosis and herniated/bulging discs. Dr. Rauzzino recommended Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery in two levels for my case. It's now two weeks after surgery and the pain is essentially gone. In fact I feel so well that I have to hold myself back so I don't overdo anything. I can't thank Dr. Rauzzino enough for his expertise and care. He made a tremendous difference in my life and I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you!!!
Ricardo in Centennial, CO – Jul 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
Dr R has my back! After 2 previous surgeries, I went in to see Dr. Rauzzino. I received incredible care and optimism! I left my visit with a clear understanding of my extended options. He's very intelligent, considerate, and caring. GREAT Doctor!
Heather Combs in CO, CO – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I haven't felt this good in 7 years. I had emergency lumbar surgery, at Sky Ridge, that Dr. Rauzzino performed. I am eternally grateful for him being there and taking care of me. I would recommend him to anyone needing an honest opinion with a no nonsense doctor.
Mary W in Centennial, CO – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had broke my T7 back in 2006, was told by many doctors that nothing could be done. I broke my T6, T9 and T12, when he repaired my T6 he also repaired my T7. Great doctor and great chair side manner, always made me feel important and comfortable.
Jacqueline Rencher in Aurora, CO – Jul 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had chronic debilitating pain from sciatica. Dr. Rauzzino saw me in a timely manner, identified the problem corrected it with a laminectomy. Throughout the process he and his staff were very helpful and worked to see that I got the treatment that I needed.
Chris in Colorado Springs, CO – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
I had a L5 S1 Lumbar fusion done by Dr. Rauzzino six months ago. He is an amazing surgeon with a great bedside manner. He made sure he answered all my questions and that I was comfortable with his plan of action. I was in pain for almost 5 years from my back issues and I feel fantastic now! Not only is Dr. Rauzzino great, the PAs are also top notch.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?
He performed a C6-7 ADR for me. I woke up from surgery pain free for the first time in 7 months. I went home 6 hours after surgery and walked nearly 2 miles the next day. Great Dr and friendly staff.
Scott Papay in Highlands Ranch, CO – Apr 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Rauzzino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rauzzino?

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Rauzzino's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rauzzino's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spine Fractures, Traumatic

Dr. Rauzzino treats Spine Fractures, Traumatic more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Rauzzino treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. Rauzzino treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Rauzzino treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Spine Fracture Treatment

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Rauzzino accepts

Dr. Rauzzino accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Kaiser Permanente
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Tricare

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Henry Ford Hospital
University of Alabama Medical Center
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Texas Tech University Health Science Center School | Wake Forest University School of Medicine

• Russian