Dr. Michael Rauh, MD

Dr. Michael Rauh, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  ·
Dr. Michael Rauh, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine surgery specialist in Orchard Park, NY and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in orthopedic sports medicine, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

5959 Big Tree Rd Ste 108

Orchard Park, NY 14127

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Independent Health
  • Medicare
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Rauh

See how frequently Dr. Rauh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Arthroscopy

Dr. Rauh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rauh's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rauh "My research projects directly support my patient care. They include flexible reaming technology in ACL reconstructions, biomechanics of ACL reconstructions and outcomes of rotator cuff repairs in elderly patients. The goal of this research is to improve the outcomes of patients undergoing orthopaedic surgery and receiving treatment for the multitude of musculoskeletal conditions. Medical students and UB college students interested in careers in orthopaedics may collaborate with me through the UBMD Orthopaedics Summer Research Program or by contacting my office. I foster a hands-on approach for students who conduct research with me, so that they can decide whether research is a career path they want to pursue. I teach musculoskeletal evaluation and management skills to medical students, residents and fellows. I have taught the musculoskeletal Clinical Practice of Medicine (CPM) course for second-year medical students every year since 2007. Since musculoskeletal care is often focused on nonsurgical treatments as a way for patients to improve, I teach students how to assess patients' capacity for, and commitment to getting better, and to manage patients' expectations for recovery. I also teach courses on orthopaedic surgery. I have worked with industry to teach orthopaedic surgeons around the world to perform ACL surgery more efficiently and safely. I also have helped develop new instrumentation and techniques for ACL surgery. As a UB faculty member, I teach at the bedside, in the operating room, in the office and in the physical therapy clinic. My students actively participate in their learning, together with me, in each of these venues. "

This content was provided by Dr. Rauh "I care for patients with various orthopaedic conditions by maximizing the nonsurgical options available for treatment. I perform surgery in cases where nonsurgical options will not help return my patients to full function. I focus my surgical practice on outpatient arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee, including but not limited to arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, labral reconstructions following shoulder dislocations, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructions and knee cartilage procedures involving the meniscus. I help my patients make informed decisions about their health. I also help them understand the expectations for recovery that come with each treatment option—as well as what will be required of them to recover function. I am dedicated to improving the lives of my patients through compassionate, high quality medical care."

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Surgical Procedures
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Tendon Repair
  • Tendon Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• St. Bonaventure University
  • Erie County Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Kaleida Health - Kenneth A. Krackow, MD (Research Fellowship)
    Other Education | Completed 2001

• http://www.ubortho.com/about/physician-bios/michael_a_rauh, 01/01/2012

Dr. Rauh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rauh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rauh's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rauh to family and friends

Dr. Rauh's Performance

Dr. Rauh was thorough in all my options for my shoulder. He answered all my questions so I could understand what my injury was. I had a torn Rotator cuff that has bothered me tremendously for 25 years. After surgery I actually had less pain than before. I have more range of motion after 12...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
During the entire process from setting an appointment through until the most recent follow up appointments, Dr. Rauh and his entire staff were amazing! He spent the time to discuss my injury and provide a thorough explanation of the road to recovery. So glad I was able to see him and I would...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr rauh explains all options available, finally had to resort to surgery. My rotator cuff repair went well. After 12 weeks of PT, I'm back to 95%of my old self. Can't play golf yet, but it won't be long before I am!! Nice work, thanks again. Good luck next month in South towns walleye tournament
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Rauh. He was so kind and patient with me - especially since I was in so much pain! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
We have 4 kids that have all participated in sports: football, lacrosse, running and volleyball. Dr. Rauh has treated each of them at various times for sports injuries. He is not only technically very competent, but his bed-side manner is awesome.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0