Dr. Michael Rauh, MD

Dr. Michael Rauh, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
My research projects directly support my patient care. They include flexible reaming technology in ACL reconstructions, biomechanics of ACL reconstructions and outcomes of rotator cuff repairs in elderly patients. The goal of this research is to improve the outcomes of patients undergoing orthopaedic surgery and receiving treatment for the multitude of musculoskeletal conditions. Medical students and UB college students interested in careers in orthopaedics may collaborate with me through the UBMD Orthopaedics Summer Research Program or by contacting my office. I foster a hands-on approach for students who conduct research with me, so that they can decide whether research is a career path they want to pursue. I teach musculoskeletal evaluation and management skills to medical students, residents and fellows. I have taught the musculoskeletal Clinical Practice of Medicine (CPM) course for second-year medical students every year since 2007. Since musculoskeletal care is often focused on nonsurgical treatments as a way for patients to improve, I teach students how to assess patients' capacity for, and commitment to getting better, and to manage patients' expectations for recovery. I also teach courses on orthopaedic surgery. I have worked with industry to teach orthopaedic surgeons around the world to perform ACL surgery more efficiently and safely. I also have helped develop new instrumentation and techniques for ACL surgery. As a UB faculty member, I teach at the bedside, in the operating room, in the office and in the physical therapy clinic. My students actively participate in their learning, together with me, in each of these venues.

5959 Big Tree Rd Ste 108

Orchard Park, NY 14127

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Independent Health
  • Medicare
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Rauh

See how frequently Dr. Rauh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Arthroscopy

Dr. Rauh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rauh "I care for patients with various orthopaedic conditions by maximizing the nonsurgical options available for treatment. In cases where nonsurgical options will not help return my patients to full function, I perform surgery. I focus my surgical practice on outpatient arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee, including but not limited to arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, labral reconstructions following shoulder dislocations, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructions and knee cartilage procedures involving the meniscus. I help my patients make informed decisions about their health. I also help them understand the expectations for recovery that come with each treatment option—as well as what will be required of them to recover function. I am dedicated to improving the lives of my patients through compassionate, high quality medical care."

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Surgical Procedures
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Tendon Repair
  • Tendon Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• St. Bonaventure University
  • Erie County Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Kaleida Health-Kenneth A. Krackow, MD (Research Fellowship)
    Other Education | Completed 2001

• http://www.ubortho.com/about/physician-bios/michael_a_rauh, 01/01/2012

Dr. Rauh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rauh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rauh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rauh to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rauh's Performance
Hamburg, NY |
During the entire process from setting an appointment through until the most recent follow up appointments, Dr. Rauh and his entire staff were amazing! He spent the time to discuss my injury and provide a thorough explanation of the road to recovery. So glad I was able to see him and I would definitely recommend him to everyone!
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr rauh explains all options available, finally had to resort to surgery. My rotator cuff repair went well. After 12 weeks of PT, I'm back to 95%of my old self. Can't play golf yet, but it won't be long before I am!! Nice work, thanks again. Good luck next month in South towns walleye tournament
Orchard Park |
I had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Rauh. He was so kind and patient with me - especially since I was in so much pain! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!
Orchard Park, NY |
We have 4 kids that have all participated in sports: football, lacrosse, running and volleyball. Dr. Rauh has treated each of them at various times for sports injuries. He is not only technically very competent, but his bed-side manner is awesome.
Grand Island, NY |
Awesome Doctor! He is careful, patient, attentive and conservative!
in West Seneca, NY |
Hopefully my right shoulder will not need the treatment my left shoulder needed but if it ever does I will trust my care to Dr. Rauh. He was very clear with my options before surgery as well as the expected recovery process. Managed my expectations well with regard to the amount of effort and time I needed to put in to a full recovery of the shoulder.
Fredonia, NY |
I am very happy with the results of my surgery and all staff at facility
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I strive to deliver the best possible care for ALL of my patients. Please feel free to contact us anytime!
in Hamburg, NY |
Dr. Mike is super knowledgeable, direct, frank, and sincere. He (and his PAs) lays out all options in a manner in which anyone is able to understand. He is cheerful, caring and has a wonderful "people-person" quality which is displayed in his bedside manner. I highly recommend him.
I am very thankful for your heartfelt comments. I truly take care of every patient as if it were me in your seat. I have been a patient before on multiple occasions (lots of broken bones and orthopaedic issues myself). I "get it". My team (Talia, Andrew, my staff, and I) try our best to be there 100 percent of the time for you. Thank you so much for sharing your kind thoughts. Please do not hesitate to call anytime! Dr. Mike
in Buffalo, NY |
I've been to enough Doctors to know who is good & who is not. This man is THE BEST !
Carl, Thank you for taking the time to let us know how our office performed! We take our job seriously and really do strive to provide the best care to ALL of our patients. I see that based on your review that there was an issue with scheduling the appointment. Our group has recently made changes to our system to make this more efficient and streamlined. All the best!! Dr. Rauh
Dr.spent maybe 5 minutes with me.One of his staff give me injections (gel) into my knees. He wanted no follow up visits to see if injections had any effect..good or bad on my knees. The shots were very painfull.The charge for 2 shots=$2000.His office got the ok from my BCBS ins. & said it was covered.Later I received a bill for $900.The office then said only $1100.00 was covered by ins.I would never have had shots If I knew this.The injections also did nothing to ease any pain. Total rip off.
I appreciate your willingness to share these concerns. Rest assured that I am very much interested in the best outcomes for you and your family. Also, I know that our billing office is focused on helping every patient work their way through the nuances of "High Deductible Plans". They are frustrating for us as well. . Please let me know if I can help find a resolution if you haven't yet been satisfied with your care or account status. - Dr. Rauh
Have you seen Dr. Michael Rauh, MD?

See our Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialist at Kenmore Mercy Hospital

Visit Dr. Rauh

Dr. Rauh accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Emblem Health