Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery •  Male • Age 51

324 E 10th Ave Ste 100 Salt Lake City, UT 84103

Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Raemisch has more experience with Elbow and Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Mayo Medical School medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities Intermountain Medical Center and Lds Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Raemisch to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Frequently Treated by Dr. Raemisch

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Raemisch treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Raemisch treats other conditions, please contact the office at (801) 408-8700.

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Dr. Raemisch typically treats 78% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Elbow Injuries
Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand/Wrist specialists.

Dr. Raemisch typically treats 59% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Trigger Finger
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
Hand Fracture

• De Quervain's Release
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Raemisch accepts

Dr. Raemisch accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid

3.3

56.14035087719298%
40.35087719298246%

Dr. Raemisch?
Excellent, I was quickly scheduled and had a successful surgery to repair a displaced fracture of my elbow. He answered all my questions clearly and in a caring manner. His team was friendly and competent. I felt safe in his care.
MaryAnn L. – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
I knew before the visit that I probably had carpal tunnel, as my right index and middle fingertips were numb, so I was more interested in finding out what I could do, non-surgically, to resolve the numbness. I asked this doctor some fairly simple questions on if my carpal tunnel syndrome might improve over time, or if there is some data on if it might resolve itself over time. He (for the second or third time) emphasized that he is a surgeon, so the only information he had was with patients who he treated with surgery. I had read on the internet that sleeping in a fetal position might put pressure on wrists and the article suggested that I wear wrist braces/splints. I was disappointed that I had to actually suggest that to the doctor without him even recommending it. In the end, I am glad that I got wrist braces for both wrists. The braces are the only good thing I got from the appointment, but I had to ask him for them. I wish I could just rate Dr. Raemisch with a zero star.
Eunice – Sep 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
Terrible. He has an arrogant attitude and does not listen to you. He damaged my right hand for carpal tunnel and I am now in more pain than before surgery.. When I went back after the recommended six months I was in more pain than before surgery and still am. He 'blew' me off. My son was with me and son could not understand this doctors attitude and shortness with me. Do NOT Recommended this doctor.
Grandmother B – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
This is a follow up to my review of May 2019. It has taken a whole year and months of hand therapy to regain full use of a trigger finger correction done by Dr Raemisch. In the interim I developed a trigger thumb on my dominant hand and was terrified to have it repaired. Luckily I found Dr Patrick Olson, and within 24 hours of surgery had full range of motion. Besides being an excellent surgeon, Dr Olson has a kind and comforting demeanor, the likes of which Dr Raemisch sorely lacks.
May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
Dr. Raemisch misdiagnosed my problem and did CTS surgery on both my wrists, destroying them both for the rest of my life, 4 years and they are still numb, painful, swollen and useless, much, much worse than when I went in. Professional and mostly decent until after the surgery was done, then I can honestly say I have never been treated worse by a dr, rude and disrespectful, told me he had done nothing wrong and left the room and never came back. The BEST part is no other ortho would see me in network for 3 years after the surgery, running out any time for for me to persue legal recourse. I tried to get help from the medical board but they found in favor of this dr even though I had a file 4 inches thick of everything that had to be done and dr's I saw to find out the actual issue. I can no longer work full time, not only has my ability to work severely diminished but I can't even do the things I love anymore...STILL. If you are scheduled for anything with Raemisch, my recommendation w
Rebecca Patrick – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
I’ve had chronic tendinitis for years and no amount of physical therapy helped. Dr Raemisch suggested a simple cortisone shot and a couple months in a brace. All fixed! He’s not the typical knife-happy type doctor. Much appreciated!
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
The initial visit at their clinic was frustrating as they were severely behind schedule, however, the surgery went quickly and Dr. Raemisch and Robin were great. I recommend them for issues with your hands.
Emily in Midvale – Feb 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
did my right hand 4 years ago. did my left last week (removed arthritis both). would not want anyone else to do the surgery. Him and his staff were very professional and friendly. the friend that took me also commented that she was treated very nicely and was impressed by his staff.
proddy in centerville, UT – Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
Terrible doctor. He did my hand surgery without doing connectivity test. After the surgery I found out that I didn't have carpel tunnel, I actually had spine problem. This doctor waisted my time to an extent that now even after spine surgery I have some permanent damage to my hands. This doctor is a terrible doctor please avoid him.
Mohamed Ibrahim in West Jordan, UT – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
Dr. Raemisch destroyed my wrist and neglected to provide urgent care which resulted in Septic shock & A Staph infection in the bone marrow. Because of his neglect I no longer have full use of my wrist. All together it took several other doctors, multiple additional surgeries, several PICC line episodes, extensive bone loss and ultimately my livelihood. I had to fight to survive for 2 years. That's how long it took for other doctors to get the infection to a sterile state.
Salt Lake City, UT – Jun 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
Dr. Raemisch displayed the x-ray and explained clearly where the healing was still taking place. I felt confident in him and appreciated his courtesy in explaining my condition in terms I could understand. He has my highest recommendation.
steve g. in Salt Lake City, UT – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
If I could give this dr 0 stars I would. He was rude disrespectful and refused to answer questions about a procedure. Nurses were amazing but walked out because of his rude attitude. Would never return to this dr. Go somewhere else!
Jane Doe in Salt lake city, utah – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
His bedside manners were absolutely terrible! He had me on the verge of tears while talking to me. He completely disregarded my pain and wanted me to take tests that had nothing to do with what I needed which he confirmed to me. He made me feel like I was dumb to come in at all. When I told him my symptoms he stated I was dramatic and was taking it to the extreme. I absolutely cannot believe a doctor would treat someone like this. I went to him for help and he left me out to dry
Mar 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
Worst experience I've had with any medical professional. I went to him in severe pain and his solution was come back in a month. I was waiting for him to follow that with something, but he just stopped there. I asked if there was anything else I could do in the meantime to start to find a diagnosis. He finally said, Well, I guess you can take a blood test. He sends me down to get a blood test that I was later billed $450 for. He won't even talk to me. How is he still practicing?
Michael in Utah – Feb 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?
He took a long time and extra care explaining my options for treatment for arthritis in my thumb. He is more interested in doing what's right for you than how much money he can make.
Margy D in Salt Lake City, UT – Feb 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Raemisch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Raemisch?

I and my staff want patients to feel that we understand their problem and how it affects their lives. We try to establish a personal partnership with the...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery