General Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Quinones, MD
Dr. Quinones received his Bachelor's Degree and Master of Science at Yale University, graduating with the highest honors possible. He received his MD from Harvard Medical School, also with "cum laude" honors. He completed his surgery training at the Harvard Brigham and Women's Hospital and a fellowship with the American Cancer Society. He also investigated the molecular biology of cancer as a Cancer Research Fellow at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Dr. Quinones is published in nationally recognized journals and has consistently been named a Top Surgeon by the Consumers Research Council of America. He has also been a consistent Top Doctor in Atlanta magazine. He is board certified, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a member of the Society of Surgical Oncology, a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and a member of the Association of Academic Surgeons.

2675 N Decatur Rd Ste 609

Decatur, GA 30033

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Quinones

Compassionate and expert care. We strive to listen to our patients and help them and their families through any and all difficult situations.

Dr. Quinones' Experience

Dr. Quinones' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Appendix Cancer
  • Bile Duct Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Endocrine Cancer
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hepatobiliary Cancer
  • Hidradenitis
  • Metastatic Cancer
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Neck Cancer
  • Spleen Cancer
  • Thyroid Cancer

• Appendectomy
  • Colectomy
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Distal Pancreatectomy
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Splenectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Whipple Procedure

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Dana Farber Canc Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Quinones has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Quinones does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quinones and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Quinones' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quinones to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Quinones' Performance
in Lilburn, GA |
I had a very good experience with Dr. Quinones and his staff when He was going to do my Gallbladder surgery. He explains everything and answers any questions you may have. Surgery was done as outpatient at Dekalb Medical, could not have been taken care of anywhere better. Will definately use him again if I ever have to have surgery again. Thanks Dr. Quinones
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Q is the best doctor ever. He was very professional & educated me on all options that were available to me. Although I had to have surgery, I was very pleased & satisfied with the way he explained and educated me about ever detailed related to my procedure. He was very reassuring & empathic about what I was going through. Dr. Q was also very pleasant and personable with my family which help easy their minds while I was in surgery. Thank you Dr. Q. You are an amazing professional. Tracie A.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
Dr. Q is excellent! He pays attention to details and follows up. I went to the ER and he called while I was in the waiting room. It's does not get better than that!
in Stone Mountain GA |
OMG, Dr. Q did my biopsy and he made me so comfortable and t ease, all my fear about the procedure was gone. Then when I went for my results......he was so kind and comforting. I'm seeing him again for my follow-up and I'm looking forward to seeing him. Thank you very much Dr. Quinones for giving me my life and sanity back????????????????
in Lithonia, GA |
Dr Q's demeanor is fantastic! He makes you feel comfortable from the moment he walks into your room. His compassion is evident as he speaks and informs you about your results. He answers all of your questions thoroughly and kindly. I'm so glad my GYN referred me to Dr Michael Quinones because he has made me confident in his capabilities to treat me successfully.
in Decatur, GA |
Very professional throughout and I loved the fact that he was very excited about helping me through my procedure. After the procedure was done and I went for my follow up appointment Dr. Quinones was extremely excited about the good news he was delivering to me and my wife. He is not only an excellent and caring Doctor but he is also a human being. I would definitely refer him
This guy is a rockstar.
in decatur, ga |
Dr. Q is a kind hearted and lovable man he genuinely cares about each and every one of his patients. he always greet you with a smile and a hug, he explains things to you so you can understand them and his staff takes his lead they are also warm and welcoming I would highly recommend him to all
in Lithonia, GA |
Thank you for such gentle, informative care. The entire staff was kind, approachable and attentive. Dr. Quinones took great care of me and eased most of my fears regarding my medical condition. He and his office will continue to be my choice regarding my breast issues i.e. surgery or any other medical related concerns. I absolutely recommend his practice for any conditions or concerns related to breast specialty care or other. Thank you again (Dr. Quinones), and staff . Esther D. Harris
in Stone Mountain |
I came to Dr. Quinones with a medical concern. Anyone would be stressed about a possible life changing event and I was. From my first meeting with Dr. Quinones I felt at ease due to his excellent bed side manner. He is very respectful and comforting at the same time that he is going to take good care of you. He performed my surgery and I wouldn't have wanted to take that journey with any other surgeon. I'm blessed to have had a great outcome and he celebrated with me!
in Stone Mountain, GA |
I have been seeing Dr. Q for several years and he is always professional, parient, kind, and thorough. I referred a friend of mine who was diagnosed with breast cancer and Dr. Q took care of her in a kind and efficient manner. To date she is still cancer free. I would highly reommend Dr. Q. He is a very strong and knowledgible doctor.
in Hoschton, GA |
Dr. Quinones and his staff are one of the most professional and caring I have EVER trusted my life with. I am a 14 year cancer survivor and went to him as a second opinion after a terrible experience with another surgeon. First, I did not think a surgeon would accept another surgeons mistake. He did, very graciously, and I will always feel that he saved my life from a ravaging infection that was not being treated by my first surgeon. I can never thank him enough.
Atlanta, Ga |
The entire staff is friendly and professional. This tone is set by Dr. Quinones. My 94 year old mother is his patient. He is always straight forward with his explanations making it easy for anyone to understand.
in Decatur, GA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Quinones to frIends and family. He was very compassionate and very easy to talk to. And he put me at ease and explained my condition thoroughly and how it would be treated.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Quiñones has been my doctor since 2007. He is one of the finest physicians, one of the finest people I have had the pleasure of knowing. He and his staff are top notch in people skills. Without hesitation, I would recommend Dr. Q's expertise and care to others.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Quinones is a wonderful Doctor. My Mother and myself both love and loved Dr. Quinones. Dr. Quinones has been our family Doctor since I met Dr. Quinones around the year 2000. My Mother had a breast removed and a foot of her colon removed due to cancer. I had a Total Thyroidectomy, breast tumor and skin lesions removed. Dr. Quinones could not be a better surgeon or have more compassion of concern for my Mother and myself. Going to see Dr. Quinones was our girls day out.
in Covington, GA |
Dr. Quinones is not only a top surgeon, he truly is one of the most caring doctors I have had the pleasure of visiting. He is compassionate not only with patients, but with their family as he takes time to explain everything. Dr. Quinones has performed 7 of my surgeries to date, so it is evident that I trust this doctor immensely. His office staff are kind and friendly and often make an unpleasant situation more bearable. I highly recommend this skilled surgeon and his staff!
in Conyers,Ga |
Awesome Doctor,Surgeon and Oncology. I have been a patient of Dr.Quinones for 9yrs and I would trust anyone else after God but him. He's caring and takes of you as if you were his mother or sister and that's what you want when you've been told not once but twice that you have breast cancer and still here to tell the story. He's not just a doctor to me , he truly cares about his patients. Thank you Dr. Quinones
in Decatur, GA |
Dr. Quinones is a surgeon whom I would definitely recommend to my Family and to my friends. Dr. Quinones has performed multiple surgeries on me and I always received excellent medical care. Dr. Quinones is very professional; yet is very caring and strives to deliver the best possible medical care to his patients. Belinda W. West
Mcdonough, GA |
Excellent service
in Loganville, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Quinones since May 2001 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. He not only explained everything to expect as I went through my surgery and treatment, he showed great compassion for my situation. Whenever I noticed anything that appeared out of the ordinary, he would make sure to explain the possibilities of what it could be and didn't waste any time in taking care of the issue. I love Dr. Quinones and would recommend him to anyone looking for a surgeon!!
in Greensboro, GA |
I am a rectal cancer patient and Dr. Q came into my life because I had lost confidence and trust in another surgeon who had found gauze inside an open wound from a tumor removal surgery he performed. Dr. Q later found a sponge inside of me that had been left from that previous surgeon. Dr. Q has the best bedside manner that I have ever experienced. He makes you feel like everything is going to be OK and he is warm and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone who needs an excellent surgeon.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr Q saved my life back in 2014 from a ruptured colon. I remember the day he came into the room he introduced himself to me and said he would take good care of me, and he did. I have had 2 other surgeries since the first surgery and Dr. Q has done all of them and I wouldn't want anybody else but him. He is a great surgeon! His staff at his office are very caring and professional too. If you are looking for a great surgeon, look no further than Dr. Quinones.
in Atlanta, GA |
Excellent service and bedside manner. Very compassionate towards veterans
in Decatur, GA |
I want to say if anyone is looking for a surgeon...Dr. Quinones is the man for the job. He has the best workers in his office, they have the best customer service "they are great". Dr. Q, as he is called just takes his time and answers my questions. If I have anymore surgeries or any of my friends and love ones..Dr. Q will be that surgeon. Thank you all for your excellent customer service and your hard and wonderful work. YOU ALL ARE AWESOME ????????
in Decatur, GA |
Great the best, cares about his patients health. I would recommend Dr. Q to my family and friends without a doubt.
Decatur, GA |
I have been going to Dr. Quinones for over 15 years. He is an extremely compassionate and skillful physician who takes time to talk in addition to providing excellent medical care. I have complete confidence in his ability to address any medical situation with thoughtfulness and expertise.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Quinones performed hernia surgery on my son. He worked him in at the very last minute, working around my son's college schedule. He was in tremendous discomfort so it was much appreciated that Dr. Quinones got him in so quickly. He also performed a hernia repair for me - again extremely professional.
in McDonough, GA |
My family has used Dr. Quinones for three very important people - my father, my mother-in-law and my sister. Dr. Q went above and beyond what most doctors would do, staying even after his rounds were complete to make sure they were stable and well attended to. Our family would not consider having surgery performed by anyone else. His bedside manner, caring attitude (always answering our endless questions in terms we could understand), knowledge and skills surpass anyone else we've ever met.
in Ellenwood, GA |
I was referred to Dr. Quinones by my PCP several years ago. I have been very pleased with Dr. Quinones, and all of the office staff. I recommend him highly.
in Atlanta, GA |
There's a reason Dr. Quinones was voted one of Atlanta's Top Doctors, because he's the best. I have NEVER been to a doctor who genuinely care the ways he does. He AND his staff are fantastic and made my husband and I feel like family.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
I was referred to Dr. Quinones by my OBGYN. When I visit his office I was a nervous wreck once Dr. Q enter my room all my worries disappeared I just knew I was in good hands. He exam me explained everything we schedule my surgery and here I am. Just fine. Dr. Q was just excited as I was to know I was ok. Thanks Dr. Q.. I recommend Dr. Q to everyone.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. Q has been my surgeon for the past 16 years. We've met in the operating room 3 times, each time to remove a stubborn cancer. His care for me has been the best . . I trust him with my life. I cannot recommend him enough for any one who needs a doctor who knows how to fight cancer. He listens when his patients speak, he knows where to seek out any problems. He's honest & he speaks the truth.
Lithonia, GA |
Dr. Q was excellent throughout the entire process. he and his staff were both friendly and professional.
in Atlanta, GA |
NO bedside manner. Told me I had cancer and when I started to cry, handed me a box of Kleenex and left the room. He botched my surgery which created very painful fluid/blood backup and kept me waiting for over an hour while I was in excruciating pain. Took people ahead of me that were just there for a Followup. The staff was so driven by policy they didn't recognize an emergency. Run away from this doctor, especially if you are a man and even more so, a gay man.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Quinones, MD?
Are you Dr. Quinones?