Dr. Michael Quinn, MD

Dr. Michael Quinn, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Quinn, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Rochester Hills, MI. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Quinn is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland and Beaumont Hospital - Troy Campus.

1349 S Rochester Rd Ste 225

Rochester Hills, MI 48307

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • CareSource
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Quinn

See how frequently Dr. Quinn performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Joint Pain
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Quinn's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Quinn "I joined Bloomfield Hand Specialists in 2004 and have practiced hand and upper extremity surgery since that time. My practice is limited to conditions from the elbow to the fingertips. I belive strongly in the importance of the physician-patient relationship. With careful listening and detailed physical examination, I hope to diagnose your condition, explain it thoroghly to you, and then form a mutually agreed upon treatment plan."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Carpal Fractures
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist and Forearm Tenotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Wm Beaumont Hospital
  • Thomas Jefferson University-Philadelphia Hand Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 1998

Dr. Quinn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Quinn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quinn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Quinn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quinn to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Quinn's Performance
Lake Orion |
After being referred to Dr. Quinn by an urgent care doctor my first visit with him was fine. On my second follow up visit though he was extremely rude and showed obvious annoyance when I asked him a couple questions. Altogether he spend less than five minutes talking to us. Very disrespectful.
Rochester, MI |
Dr. Quinn was my default surgeon after I suffered a serious crush injury to my hand, so I did not seek him out. I was initially very encouraged by his apparent determination to get the best outcome for my injury. Sadly, his ego took precedence, and he refused to follow through. A U of M doctor performed a successful third surgery with wonderful results. Quinn is good, but self-limited by ego. He was very contemptuous and insulting on my last visit. He is fine so long as you don't challenge him.
Austin, TX |
Incredible bedside manner and great qualifications / education / experience.
in Rochester, MI |
It's not easy to trust the valuable asset of your hand to just any surgeon. I went to Dr. Quinn on the recommendation of my family physician, and also on the recommendation of a friend. Dr. Quinn put me at ease right from the start. He was clear and concise about the issue I faced, and explained the options without any fanfare. When the day of surgery arrived, he was kind and patient in pre-op. The staff at the surgical center were beyond awesome as well. A big "YES!!!" from me!
in Sterling Heights, Michigan |
Dr. Quinn did my first surgery I've ever had in my life on my hand in 2014 from a car accident to get glass out of my hand and I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. He's extremely professional and you can tell by just speaking to him he loves what he does. Thank you doctor.
in Rochester, MI |
I have seen several doctors over the past 10 years because of arthritic pain, cysts, immobility and a few other issues in my left hand. No one could help. I went to Dr. Quinn for a consult after seeing all of the positive reviews online. He confirmed a lot was going on in that hand, but told me quite honestly he didn’t think surgery was in my best interest right now. He gave me a cortisone shot in the thumb joint and it has helped immensely. I appreciate his direct and conservative approach.
in Warren, Mi |
Dr. Quinn is truly an amazing & gifted Doctor & Surgeon! Him & his staff makes you feel very comfortable like they know you. He's very funny too which really helps to ease your nerves & the pain. I received a cortisone shot in my thumb and have had them before and I did not feel anything! I was very nervous. I'm having surgery in a few days and am not nervous a bit. I have had brain surgery that went bad & should be nervous about going under again but I trust Dr. Quinn and his staff completely!
Sterling Heights, MI |
This doctor is amazing. My wife had problems 3 years after hand surgery by another surgeon. She was having pain and we went to Dr. Uzi ?? and she told us she would need reconstructive surgery and lose 70% of her mobility. Dr. Quinn tols us it was simply a screw from the original appliance touching a nerve. He took out the appliance and 2 weeks later she was back to work! Amazing. If we would have went down the other road God only knows how bad that would have turned out. It is now 5 years since.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
Dr. Quinn is a very friendly and funny surgeon. Surgery for my right wrist was scheduled quickly. His surgical staff was very kind, smart and to be honest easy on the eyes! Especially the tall nurse who took me back and the blonde in business clothes (manager?). Anyway, pain is gone. Great Dr. And a great view. Thanks Dr. Quinn!
Burton, MI |
Dr. Quinn immediately diagnosed my problem and explained the cause and treatment options. I was feeling anxious about my visit, but Dr. Quinn's attentiveness to my concerns and his sense of humor put me at ease.
in Waterford, MI |
I met Dr. Quinn after having a horrible fall which broke my left wrist, and completely crushed my right wrist. Dr. Quinn took the puzzle that my right wrist was, and rebuilt it to a functioning part of my arm, extremely important because I am right handed. I needed 3 surgeries to accomplish that, but he guided me through it all. I have no limitations. I would totally recommend Dr. Quinn to one and all. He is the most competent, kindest, caring doctor I have ever had the pleasure to meet!!
in clarkston, mi |
Dr. Quinn was on time, spoke to me with respect and ensured I didn't have any questions
in Shelby, MI |
Very nice and cares about his patients
Have you seen Dr. Michael Quinn, MD?
Are you Dr. Quinn?