Dr. Michael Purkis, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Tanque Verde Family Medicine 5055 E Broadway Blvd Ste A100 Tucson, AZ 85711 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Purkis, MD

Dr. Michael Purkis, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

Dr. Purkis' Experience

See how Dr. Purkis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Purkis

Dr. Purkis accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Purkis is now accepting new patients

Dr. Purkis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Purkis to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Purkis' Performance
in tucson, az |
In my experience (which has covered many years), Dr Purkis is the consummate doctor: he asks questions as well as listens to mine; he is thorough in explaining treatment options; and he has the knowledge of a medical detective. I highly recommend him and the friends I have recommended him to have nothing but positive things to say about him.
in Tucson, AZ |
Zero is the rating I would give if they had it listed. I would not recommend to anyone see this arrogant and ignorant physician. Poor combination for a doctor! He does not listen to patients needs and is a poor provider. Don't waste your time and more importantly your precious health to this guy! Would never go to this clinic again!
in Tucson AZ |
Quality is poor. MAs arent certified. Asked to have my ear cleaned from wax buildup. She brought 4 cups of solution and a syringe the size of a turkey baster. The other did a blood draw that hurt bad, took 4 tubes for 4 tests. Dr Purkis told me my problems could be my gallbladder. Wrong..!! Wanted copies of records mailed. Told 5.00 a page! This office is filled with hacks.
in Tucson, AZ |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Purkis since the early 80's. I can't begin to tell how many times he and his staff have gone the extra mileS to help us. Now, as we get older, our health problems grow more serious and urgent. Dr. Purkis is always available when needed. He LISTENS to our complaints and acts accordingly. I can't think of anything more to ask of a family practitioner. Highly recommended.
in Tucson, AZ |
Very poor manners, doesn't want to listen to his patients
in Tucson, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Purkis and his staff was exceptional. We are from Alaska and have never had such a quality experience. My appointment was on time, my meeting with the Doctor was professional and on time. His diagnosis was made in the office followed by a review of an ultrasound, and he was correct in the initial diagnosis. I would recommend his service to anyone.
in Tucson, AZ |
Before the office would take me I was questioned if I took pain pills. I told them no, and they accepted me. I have sciatica and asked if there is something I can do. Dr. Purkis is the type of doctor that has a callous about patients and didn't seem concerned about anything that was wrong with me. I was sick and asked for a doctors note, he laughed at me and told me it seems like you missed work and you just want a note to excuse you. Yeah...exactly. Poor bedside manor. 0 stars if I could.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Purkis, MD?
Are you Dr. Purkis?

Compare Dr. Purkis

Dr. Purkis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Dr. Purkis does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Purkis and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1993

University Of Ks School Of Med

Dr. Purkis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Purkis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Purkis does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Purkis and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.