Dr. Michael Petr, MD

Dr. Petr
Telehealth services available

Jacksonville Brain & Spine

7807 Baymeadows Rd E Ste 208 Jacksonville, FL 32256

Dr. Michael Petr, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Petr has more experience with Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baptist Medical Center Beaches and Baptist Medical Center Nassau. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Petr to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Petr with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Memorial Hospital Jacksonville.

Make an appointment at Memorial Hospital Jacksonville today at (904) 647-4620.

These providers are on the medical staff of Memorial Hospital Jacksonville.

Dr. Petr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Petr

Dr. Petr?
  • Staff friendliness (48)
  • Explained conditions well (47)
  • Listened & answered questions (47)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
He was great at the initial visit. He said all the right things to give me hope that someone finally was going to fix my debilitating pain. After getting a myelogram and CT scan to pinpoint the damage causing my misery I got a call from his secretary saying he was not going to do anything and he would not see me to tell me to my face why not.. The whole experience was bad. The MRI was done on a 20 year old machine and the myelogram by a young anesthesiologist that had to ask the radiologist how to do the procedure when I was on the table. I am not sure if it was due to poor images not showing him anything definitive or the other surgeons mistakes before him but I guess I will never know since he will not even talk to a patient he does not want to work on.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dissatisfied customer – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr and his team is amazing ... very professional ... understanding and take the time to listen to you!!!
Paula Davies in Welaka , FL – Jan 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr (and his staff) are consummate professionals. Dr Petr is kind, extremely knowledgeable, detail oriented, thorough and compassionate. Dr Petr instilled confidence in explaining how he would alleviate my lumbar injury pain through surgical technique. And the surgery was a great success. I am so grateful to have found such a skilled and formidable surgeon.
CB – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Over 20 years of lower back and sciatica pain resolved by Dr. Petr and staff. Thorough consultation left no surprises, all questions answered. Procedure went better than expected, as explained weeks of some discomfort, always available for concerns and questions. The best decision was choosing Dr. Petr. Highly recommended, Thank you again.
Kathy C. – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr repaired and rebuilt the disk in my low back. He is amazing and professional. He gave me the ability to play golf again. He and His team worked with me diligently throughout my surgical stay and I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery
LockhartJ – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
What can I say about Dr. Petr and his staff without getting emotional? I can't. By the time I visited his office, I was in so much pain and had given up on finding any relief. He listened to my complaints and took the time to explain everything. I had to hug him after our first meeting. His staff is just as knowledgable and caring. Eva and Greg were there whenever I had a question and didn't even make me feel that I was a bother. After the surgery, he took the time to inform my daughter about the procedure and what I should expect during my recovery. My daughter, Nancy, asked why didn't I see Dr. Petr from the beginning of my plight? I wished I had. I wasted an entire year suffering through pain and sleepless nights. I am ever grateful to Dr. Petr, Eva, and Greg for their regular care. I will never go to another neurosurgeon. I genuinely feel like a new woman after the care I received from these beautiful people. All I can say, thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Debbie G. Bean – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petr is a wonderful doctor. I was in an auto accident and having problems walking. During my appointments he spent time going over what was wrong and how we could fix the problems. A few hours after surgery, my swelling was gone and I was able to walk without pain.
Tina Nagel – Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Two weeks ago I had unexpected surgery for cervical disc disorder with myelopathy C4-C7. Dr Petr and his nurse Practitioner Gregg Norris were beyond the best. They were very good at explaining the procedure and answering any questions from my family. I would absolutely recommend this practice to anyone who must have this type surgery, they are the best and I thank them very much for the patience shown and professionalism demonstrated.
Thaddeus Zebrowsky in St Augustine, FL – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I found Dr Petr and his staff to be very professional, friendly and accessible whenever I had a question. They were most helpful in expediting my surgery after circumstances out of our contro caused a long delay. Dr Petr explained the procedure, risks, benefits, etc in a very thorough and comprehensible manner. He performed a laminectomy in addition to implanting a Spinal Cord Stimulator. I felt immediate and considerable relief from my sciatic pain, attesting to Dr Petr's surgical abilities.
Davdi Gardner in St Augustine, FL – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Appointments run on schedule; he talks in "laymen" terms; very thorough, takes as long as you need to answer and ask questions, doesn't rush you; tries to give you the best information regarding cost saving measures i.e. for testing, days to stay in the hospital, numerous followups following surgery - he really cares.
William Bavin in Palm Coast, FL – Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I first saw Dr. Petr on May 25 and had spine surgery May 31 in St. Augustine. He and his staff were amazing. PA Greg Norris was so helpful on follow ups. Sheila and Katie were also friendly and helpful. Dr. Petr was competent, personable and friendly and explained everything. I can’t stress how good he is! His skills are unsurpassed. I would highly recommend Dr. Petr!
Vicki Boehm in Ormond Beach, FL – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I am grateful to find a doctor who cares and listens ,explains in layman's terms.I had one visit so far and after 6 months of doctor bouncing (referrals)I feel confident I found the doctor who will help me.His staff especially Shiela are the best people and got me in for evaluation after 3 weeks of waiting for another doctor to call me back.It was 3 days after I called I saw Dr Petr.Thank You Dr Petr and your staff.
Ed Uznanski in St Augustine , FL – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Three weeks prior to my lumbar back & fusion surgery I met with Dr. Petr and he explained my surgical procedure. I was supposed to see him the morning of my surgery but I was told he was running late. However I still thought I would see him before my surgery but I never did. I had numerous post op appointments but I never met with Dr. Petr, only his P.A. After several months, I asked specifically to see Dr. Petr due to some severe pain that I was still experiencing but I never saw him again.
Jacksonville – Dec 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petr and his NP Katie were absolutely the best. Dr. Petr took me as an emergency patient, expedited my surgery and gave me excellent care for which I will always be grateful.. His office staff was excellent and caring. I sing his praises and would highly recommend him.
Frances Condie in Orange Park, FL – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petre, his assistant Sheila and the front office staff were very thorough and courteous. Everything was explained to me and all my questions answered. Dr. Petre explained the 3 step process he is recommending I do to help alleviate my pain, referring me to another doctor also. I am hoping that all his recommendations will work and my chronic pain will be gone soon.
Marlene Eckert in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL – Aug 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petr does what's in the best interest of the patient. He makes sure you understand what is going on . I would recommend him to anyone asking for a neurosurgeon. Janis
Janis Grace in jacksonville, fl – Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petr is thorough, competent, well educated in his specialty, friendly, and very easy to talk with. He put us at ease immediately and he understood our concern about brain surgery. We could not have even hoped for a better outcome than how the surgery went. His medical assistant, Sheila, deserves an award for how she treats patients, always returns phone calls very promptly, and I just love how she supports Dr. Petr. We adore Sheila and also the front desk receptionist Jeannie.
Thomas L. Welch (and Cecelia) in Hilliard, FL – Jul 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I have already told a lot of my friends and family. Both my brother and best friend had lower back surgery. And still in pain .I gave them both DR Petr phone number. Plus if there was 10 stars I would mark all of them. Thank you DR Petr and all of the staff. Jon p Duckworth
Jon p Duckworth in Jacksonville , FL – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr saved my life,he is the nicest person I have ever met.I wish all doctors could take lessons from him on how to treat patients.His skill is unsurpassed.Thank you again Dr. Petr.
Francis J Reddington in Jacksonville Beach, FL – Jul 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petr is a wonderful physician & surgeon! He's performed 2 surgeries on me & I trust him completely, confident I am in great hands, literally! He's compassionate, kindhearted, explains everything thoroughly, also listens, & treats you & your situation as if you're a member of his own family. And how many surgeons stay with you after surgery until you wake up from anesthesia? Dr. Petr does. If you need a Neurosurgeon, chose Dr. Petr. He's an excellent choice! You'll be happy you did!
Julie in Jacksonville, FL – Jun 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Petr?

• Neurosurgery

Towson State University

• Gliadel Neurosurgery Research Award, 2005
  • Loyola University MD/PhD Tuition Remission and Stipend, 1993-2000
  • Mayfield Education Research Foundation, 2005

• >Intracellular Calcium Disrupts Signal Transduction Pathways of in vitro Meningioma Cells, 2000
  • >The Use of Mechanically Elicited EMG to Protect Nerve Roots During Surgery for Spinal Degeneration, 1994
  • >The Determination of In-Situ Dissociation Constant for Fura-2 and Quantitation of Background Fluorescence in Astrocyte Cell Line U373-MG, 1997
  • >Complications of Surgery, 2006
  • >PLA2 Activity Regulates Calcium Storage-Dependent Cellular Proliferation, 1998
  • >Radiofrequency Lesioning, 2005