Dr. Michael Petr, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 59

Neurosurgery

Dr. Michael Petr, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Petr has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures and Nervous System Neoplasms. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baptist Medical Center Beaches and Baptist Medical Center Nassau. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Michael Petr, MD

Jacksonville Brain & Spine

7807 Baymeadows Rd E Ste 208 Jacksonville, FL 32256 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Petr with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at HCA Florida Memorial Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Memorial Hospital today at (904) 643-6038.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Petr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Petr

93.22033898305085%

Consul with Dr.Petr
Very through man did not leave anything out.explained the whole surgery to me in detail.then asked me how I wanted to live the rest of my life,I told him without pain and he said yes to surgery.I would recommend him to anyone that asked me.
my console appointment – May 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
If you need back surgery, Dr Michael Petr is your doctor. He was referred by Dr Adam Cartwright. Dr Petr cared about me. He said there was something he could do to make more money, but I didn't need it so he didn't do it. He is very knowledgeable about what he does. The surgery was painless. The nurses were nice and the ( oh I can't spell this word) begings with an A and they control all the medications.
Joely Gibson – Oct 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I had lumbar stenosis and was living with pain for months. Dr Petr and his team performed successful surgery 3 months ago. His nurses, Greg, in particular were extremely helpful in my recovery.
Oct 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I had a rough week and was not very nice, but staff and Dr Petr went out of there way to see me, and provided excellent care.
Robert Combs – Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
From our first meeting with Doctor Petr my husband and I were most impressed. He was kind, considerate, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explained in detail what he was going to do to fix my back troubles. When I asked questions of other procedures he explained fully while he was trained in them, he chose not to use them and his reasons for not using them. His explanation made perfect sense. There was no pressure on his part. I had spoken to 2 other doctors and he was aware of that. We left his office and the first thing my husband and I said to each other was he reminded us of the old school doctors. He gave me the confidence I needed. This was on a Friday. On Monday morning I called the office and scheduled the surgery. I am also impressed with his PA's Eva & Greg. They too have all of his qualities. My overall experience with the entire office personnel is ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
D.J. Brown – Sep 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
My procedure was very well explained by Dr. Petr. I've seen numerous Dr.'s over ten years and felt comfortable and confident in what the Dr. spoke about. Voila! procedure done and feeling fabulous!
Karen Lebrecht – Jun 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
It has been about 1 year since Dr. Petr performed a TLIF procedure for me. I haven't felt this good in years. I'm able to be active, exercise and enjoy life in general. Before the operation, I was in constant pain. I was unable to do much of anything and my activity was very limited. Now I have very little pain and am able to do almost anything I want, within reason. Dr. Petr and his team are highly skilled and very patient oriented. They are kind, attentive and responsive. Dr. Petr listens to the patient and is honest in his assessment of the patient's situation. He will not recommend surgery if he doesn't believe it's the best course of action. For the TLIF procedure, Dr. Petr uses a technique that is minimally invasive and provides faster healing with less pain. If I ever need a neurosurgeon in the future, Dr. Petr is the only one I'll contact.
Kathleen C – Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
He was great at the initial visit. He said all the right things to give me hope that someone finally was going to fix my debilitating pain. After getting a myelogram and CT scan to pinpoint the damage causing my misery I got a call from his secretary saying he was not going to do anything and he would not see me to tell me to my face why not.. The whole experience was bad. The MRI was done on a 20 year old machine and the myelogram by a young anesthesiologist that had to ask the radiologist how to do the procedure when I was on the table. I am not sure if it was due to poor images not showing him anything definitive or the other surgeons mistakes before him but I guess I will never know since he will not even talk to a patient he does not want to work on.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dissatisfied customer – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr and his team is amazing ... very professional ... understanding and take the time to listen to you!!!
Paula Davies in Welaka , FL – Jan 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr (and his staff) are consummate professionals. Dr Petr is kind, extremely knowledgeable, detail oriented, thorough and compassionate. Dr Petr instilled confidence in explaining how he would alleviate my lumbar injury pain through surgical technique. And the surgery was a great success. I am so grateful to have found such a skilled and formidable surgeon.
CB – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Over 20 years of lower back and sciatica pain resolved by Dr. Petr and staff. Thorough consultation left no surprises, all questions answered. Procedure went better than expected, as explained weeks of some discomfort, always available for concerns and questions. The best decision was choosing Dr. Petr. Highly recommended, Thank you again.
Kathy C. – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr Petr repaired and rebuilt the disk in my low back. He is amazing and professional. He gave me the ability to play golf again. He and His team worked with me diligently throughout my surgical stay and I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery
LockhartJ – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
What can I say about Dr. Petr and his staff without getting emotional? I can't. By the time I visited his office, I was in so much pain and had given up on finding any relief. He listened to my complaints and took the time to explain everything. I had to hug him after our first meeting. His staff is just as knowledgable and caring. Eva and Greg were there whenever I had a question and didn't even make me feel that I was a bother. After the surgery, he took the time to inform my daughter about the procedure and what I should expect during my recovery. My daughter, Nancy, asked why didn't I see Dr. Petr from the beginning of my plight? I wished I had. I wasted an entire year suffering through pain and sleepless nights. I am ever grateful to Dr. Petr, Eva, and Greg for their regular care. I will never go to another neurosurgeon. I genuinely feel like a new woman after the care I received from these beautiful people. All I can say, thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Debbie G. Bean – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Dr. Petr is a wonderful doctor. I was in an auto accident and having problems walking. During my appointments he spent time going over what was wrong and how we could fix the problems. A few hours after surgery, my swelling was gone and I was able to walk without pain.
Tina Nagel – Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Two weeks ago I had unexpected surgery for cervical disc disorder with myelopathy C4-C7. Dr Petr and his nurse Practitioner Gregg Norris were beyond the best. They were very good at explaining the procedure and answering any questions from my family. I would absolutely recommend this practice to anyone who must have this type surgery, they are the best and I thank them very much for the patience shown and professionalism demonstrated.
Thaddeus Zebrowsky in St Augustine, FL – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I found Dr Petr and his staff to be very professional, friendly and accessible whenever I had a question. They were most helpful in expediting my surgery after circumstances out of our contro caused a long delay. Dr Petr explained the procedure, risks, benefits, etc in a very thorough and comprehensible manner. He performed a laminectomy in addition to implanting a Spinal Cord Stimulator. I felt immediate and considerable relief from my sciatic pain, attesting to Dr Petr's surgical abilities.
Davdi Gardner in St Augustine, FL – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Appointments run on schedule; he talks in "laymen" terms; very thorough, takes as long as you need to answer and ask questions, doesn't rush you; tries to give you the best information regarding cost saving measures i.e. for testing, days to stay in the hospital, numerous followups following surgery - he really cares.
William Bavin in Palm Coast, FL – Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I first saw Dr. Petr on May 25 and had spine surgery May 31 in St. Augustine. He and his staff were amazing. PA Greg Norris was so helpful on follow ups. Sheila and Katie were also friendly and helpful. Dr. Petr was competent, personable and friendly and explained everything. I can’t stress how good he is! His skills are unsurpassed. I would highly recommend Dr. Petr!
Vicki Boehm in Ormond Beach, FL – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
I am grateful to find a doctor who cares and listens ,explains in layman's terms.I had one visit so far and after 6 months of doctor bouncing (referrals)I feel confident I found the doctor who will help me.His staff especially Shiela are the best people and got me in for evaluation after 3 weeks of waiting for another doctor to call me back.It was 3 days after I called I saw Dr Petr.Thank You Dr Petr and your staff.
Ed Uznanski in St Augustine , FL – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?
Three weeks prior to my lumbar back & fusion surgery I met with Dr. Petr and he explained my surgical procedure. I was supposed to see him the morning of my surgery but I was told he was running late. However I still thought I would see him before my surgery but I never did. I had numerous post op appointments but I never met with Dr. Petr, only his P.A. After several months, I asked specifically to see Dr. Petr due to some severe pain that I was still experiencing but I never saw him again.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Jacksonville – Dec 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Petr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Petr?