Dr. Michael Petersen, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Michael Petersen, MD
Dr. Michael Petersen, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Blue Ash, OH. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Petersen is affiliated with University Cincinnati Medical Center , Good Samaritan Hospital, Bethesda North Hospital and Christ Hospital.

Dr. Petersen's Experience

See how Dr. Petersen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Petersen

Dr. Petersen accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Petersen is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Petersen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Petersen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petersen to family and friends
Dr. Petersen's Performance
in Morrrow,OH |
Dr Petersen is caring and professional. Over the years I have been seeing him he has always kept trying procedures and medications to control my wet macular edema. He explained the disease and procedures to help me keep my vision.
in Cincinnati, OH |
The moment I met Dr. Petersen at the pre-op I Knew recommendations of CEI were going to be true. He gave me such a feeling of confidence and I knew I was going to be in good hands. Part of my surgery involved a delicate removal of a sticky film on my retina which could involve a long period of full clear recovery due to shock to the retina. My next surgery will be for a cataract about three weeks later. I know I am in great hands.
in Cincinnati, OH |
very informative to patients about your condition, he is already very popular because your waiting time is at least an hour on some days, but its worth it/
in Cincinnati, OH |
A visit with Dr Petersen is like sitting down and talking with an old friend. I'm talked with, not talked to!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Peterson is friendly, he explains your problems clearly and he shows the results of the tests that were performed He answers your questions and makes sure that you understand. He is very thorough. He makes you feel confident that he is giving you the best care available. His staff is well trained, friendly and takes good care of his patients.
in Hamersville, OH |
My wife and I cannot say enough to express our gratitude and appreciation to Dr. Petersen for the delicate surgery he recently performed on my right eye. I am happy to report that my sight is steadily improving and life is returning to normal. A few years ago Dr. Petersen repaired a torn retina in the same eye so this time was even more critical and we were so relieved that Dr. Petersen would be doing this surgery as well. Thanks to Dr. Peterson, I can look forward to hunting next year.
in cincinnati, oh |
Dr. Peterson performed my cataract removal and prescription lens replacement in 2015 and one in January of 2017. I have no complaints about either one of my surgeries. I would recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery.
in West Chester, Ohio |
Dr. Petersen may be one of the leading retina specialist in the world. He operated on the retina in my right eye with complete success. I hope to have him doing the surgery on my left eye in two to three months . He is a fine physician and surgeon.
in Lawrenceburg IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Petersen for over twenty years. I have total confidence in his care for me and would entrust my care to no one else. As a diabetic for over 40 years, eye care is most important to me and I trust him implicitly . I regularly recommend him to anyone who needs care.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Petersen has been caring for my eyesight for over a decade. He has monitored my condition and performed surgery when needed, maintaining a 20/30 eyesight in one eye. I can't thank him enough for the great care and caring he provides me.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I'm very impressed with his professionalism and how he takes his time to explain the medical condition in a way a patient can comprehend.
in Maineville, OH |
Dr. Petersen has been my doctor for many years. He has excellent credentials and experience. He knows my family history and he has always shown a lot on interest in looking out for my best interest.
in Newport, Ky |
I found Dr. Peterson to be an outstanding physician and surgeon. I am extremely greatful to him for saving my eyesight. Dr. Peterson is a kind, compassionate physician and I highly recommend him.
Cincinnati, OH |
Great doc!
in Batavia, OH |
Took as much time as needed to explain my condition & answered all of our questions. I never felt rushed.
in Birdseye, IN |
He is a kind man who takes his time to explain what's going on and how it can be addressed. I drive all the way from southern Indiana because I Trust Him.
Batesville, IN |
Great doctor. I would like it if he took more time to explain things. I felt comfortable with him.
in Mason, OH |
Went beyond expectations for patient care.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I would (and have) highly recommended Dr Petersen to many people I know. He is an exceptional physician and a great man! I have heard about other doctors giving eye injections; they need to study Dr Petersen.No eye injection is fun, but he makes it easier for me than stories I have heard from friends and family around the country.
He is friendly and explains your medical condition so that you can understand it. He also listens to you and answers any questions that you have.
Cincinnati, OH |
Did not have to wait long. Answered all my questions.
Lebanon, OH |
Our experience with Dr. Petersen would be so much better if he did not seem so stressed and uncommunicative. He does not say hello and is visibly irritated if we ask questions.
in Wilmington, OH |
I've been seeing Dr. Petersen since 2005. I really value the care I receive from him.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Petersen does a great job going over all findings and making it clear how my eye(s) are doing.
Milford, OH |
I did not get to see Dr. Petersen because I have no insurance. When I DO get to see him, he is the best! Very kind, very thorough. He takes time to talk to me and listen to any questions or concerns I may have. I would (and have) very highly recommend him.
in West Chester, OH |
Dr. Peterson is simply the absolute best! Period. His manner in handling patients, his confidence & total knowledge is off the charts, not to mention his actual operating skills. You are so lucky to have him on staff! Bob Parrino
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Petersen is an outstanding physician and surgeon. He is highly skilled and extremely capable. He comes very highly recommended. He operated on my retina and the surgery and recovery were pain free. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Petersen, MD?
Are you Dr. Petersen?

Compare Dr. Petersen

Dr. Petersen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Petersen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Petersen's Board Certifications

• Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoschisis

Kellogg Eye Ctr-U Mich

Completed in 1990

University of Washington

Completed in 1992

Dr. Petersen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Petersen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Destruction of Lesion of Retina and Choroid
  • Eye Surgery
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery