Dr. Michael Peelle, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

14 Medical Park Rd Columbia, SC 29203 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Peelle, MD
Dr. Peelle has over 10 years experience in spinal surgery. He started his career as a fellow at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, the #1 ranked Orthopedic hospital in the nation. Then he served 6 years as a military officer and orthopedic spine surgeon at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. During this tenure, he performed hundreds of spinal operations on the neck and lower back and evaluated thousands of military and civilian patients. He earned the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and numerous awards including the Air Force Meritorious Service Medal. He deployed to Afghanistan for 6 months assisting hundreds of our soldiers injured in the battlefield.

Dr. Peelle's Experience

See how Dr. Peelle's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Peelle

Dr. Peelle accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Peelle is now accepting new patients
14 Medical Park Rd
Columbia, SC 29203
(803) 296-9330Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Peelle has admitting privileges.

Dr. Peelle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peelle to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Peelle's Performance
in Lugoff, SC |
I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Peelle and his staff. I got appointments quickly. I never had to wait longer that 10 minutes in the waiting room for any of my appointments. His staff went above and beyond in dealing with my difficult insurance company. Dr. Peelle was excellent at explaining my options to me and answering all of my questions. He spent time with me and I never felt rushed. My follow-ups with Rebecca were wonderful. She was patient and always helpful.
Columbia, SC |
The care I received over the past 3 years from Dr. Peelle and his care team has been exceptional! Dr. Peelle explained both surgical procedures he performed in detail to me. He and his staff answered all questions, promptly returned phone calls, emails, and refill requests for prescriptions. They were always professional and genuinely interested in my well being. Dr. Peelle has an extraordinary bedside manner and I would and have recommended him to my family, friends, and co-workers!!
in Lexington, SC |
I had a spinal microsurgery done by Dr. Peele in April, 2017, he did a great job and cured my herniated disc problem. Before the surgery, he answered all of my questions patiently and explained what would be the best treatment for my condition. I would trust him if I ever need to see a spinal doctor again (hopefully not), and recommend for others.
in Lugoff, SC |
Fantastic Physican. Dr. Peelle took the time to discuss treatment options. He performed microdiscectomy on my lower back and did an awesome job. I highly recommend him for any back problems.
in Irmo, SC |
I am delighted that I was referred to Dr. Peelle, who helped determine why shots, PT, and and an epidural had not lessened the tingling, pain, and numbness I felt on standing. From the first visit, Dr. Peelle's staff was helpful, cheerful, and professional. When Dr. Peelle suggested his plan to replace worn discs and add metal parts to correct herniated disc and nerve blockage, I trusted his expertise. I have my life back now, I can walk, sit, stand and do more than I could before surgery.
Irmo, SC |
I was very pleased with Dr. Michael Peele. He did surgery on my back to correct a problem with spinal stenosis. The operation was successful and his follow-up was very good. His PA Rebecca also did an excellent job during follow-up appointments.
in Lexington, SC |
Dr. Peelle is very professional. i really really really liked him and his staff. He listened to all my concerns and took them seriously. He always proposed a solution. Paula. M. Flake
in Springfield, SC |
Dr. Peelle did a cervical fusion on me in October 2016. It has been six months since the surgery, and I have progressed well. I have had virtually no pain and am really not limited in my daily activities. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Peelle to family and friends.
Florence, SC |
Outstanding! Reliable surgeon. He's done two separate surgeries on me and the results have been wonderful with both.
in Columbia, SC |
I found Dr. Peelle to be very good listener, and insightful in understanding my symptoms as I described them. He is very patient in explaining what is occurring. I am very thankful that he is my surgeon. And he has a real jewel in Becca Asa his PA.
in west columbia, sc |
I saw Dr. Peelle due to cyst on my spine. On my first visit, I was comfortable with him and the staff. Had been in excruciating pain for over two months and being treated for sciatica issues. Decided I needed an orthopedic doc. Self-referred to Dr. Peelle who promptly scheduled surgery at Palmetto Health Parkridge Hospital ( very good experience there also.) The day of my surgery my pain was eliminated. Could have walked out of hospital! Would recommend Dr. Peelle for spine issues!!
Columbia, SC |
A great doctor. He listened to everything I had to say and he worked with my insurance to approve the treatments. Luckily I didn't need surgery but I would return to him if I do need surgery in the future.
in Blythewood, SC |
After 11 & a half years of chronic back pain I saw Dr. Peelee. I had tried everything; epidurals, rehab...all methods of suggested relief without improvement. When I saw Dr. Peelee after my MRI, I walked in with a written list of questions and concerns. He didn't rush me and he patiently answered each one. I was nervous about proceeding with surgery; however, it was the best decision I ever made. I woke from surgery with absolutely no pain. He is a skilled specialist!
He really helped me with my pain. My back feels much better now.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Peelle, MD?
Are you Dr. Peelle?

Compare Dr. Peelle

Dr. Peelle says...

Dr. Peelle has over 10 years experience in spinal surgery.  He started his career as a fellow at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, the #1 ranked Orthopedic hospital in the nation.  Then he served 6 years as a military officer and orthopedic spine surgeon at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.  During this tenure, he performed hundreds of spinal operations on the neck and lower back and evaluated thousands of military and civilian patients.  He earned the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and numerous awards including the Air Force Meritorious Service Medal.  He deployed to Afghanistan for 6 months assisting hundreds of our soldiers injured in the battlefield.

Dr. Peelle says...

Dr. Peelle treated degenerative and traumatic spinal conditions including disc herniations, lumbar disc degeneration, cervical disc degeneration, neck arthritis, scoliosis, and spondylolisthesis.  In addition, pinched nerve disorders from the neck or back including radiculopathy, spinal stenosis, and myelopathy are routinely treated in the office and surgical settings.

Dr. Peelle specializes in minimally invasive surgical procedures to restore function and remove pain in the neck and lower back.  He is an expert in cervical disc replacement technology and performs cutting-edge cervical disc arthroplasty procedures routinely.  In fact, he has taught surgeons around the country this surgical technique.

Dr. Peelle's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Peelle has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Peelle's Board Certifications

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine
    Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Hospital For Special Surgery
    Duke University

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Peelle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Peelle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair