Dr. Michael Peelle, MD

Dr. Michael Peelle, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Peelle, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Columbia, SC. He graduated from Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

14 Richland Medical Park Dr Ste 200

Columbia, SC 29203

Learn about Dr. Peelle

See how frequently Dr. Peelle performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Myelopathy
Spondylosis
Spine Disorders

Dr. Peelle's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Peelle's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Peelle "Dr. Peelle has over 10 years experience in spinal surgery. He started his career as a fellow at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, the #1 ranked Orthopedic hospital in the nation. Then he served 6 years as a military officer and orthopedic spine surgeon at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. He earned the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and numerous awards including the Air Force Meritorious Service Medal. Dr. Peelle moved to Columbia, South Carolina in 2012 to join Moore Orthopedics. Since that time, the group merged into Palmetto Health-USC Orthopedic Center. Dr. Peelle has treated thousands of adults with neck and back pain. He routinely performs surgical procedures to relieve neurologic problems in the cervical and lumbar spine. He is an expert in microsurgical disc removal and disc replacement procedures. Dr. Peelle routinely receives referrals for patients with complex spine problems and for patients whose previous spine surgery was not successful. "

This content was provided by Dr. Peelle "I understand that back and neck pain can be overwhelming, frustrating, and quite frankly, very painful.  I have the experience and expertise to treat your back and neck conditions so let's work together to improve your situation.  I have treated thousands of previous patients with your condition utilizing nonsurgical and surgical options to achieve your desired outcome.  This is a team effort!   I promise to give you an honest evaluation of your condition and outline treatment options to help you make informed decisions of your health.  "

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Duke University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Washington University In St. Louis/Barnes-Jewish Hospital
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Peelle has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Peelle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Peelle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Peelle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peelle to family and friends
4.4
based on 51 total reviews (37 with comments)

Dr. Peelle's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Peelle Says:

Feedback is always welcome!  I strive to provide excellent care to every person that comes into the office.  I hope we can work together to resolve your back and neck ailments.

My surgery went very well. I had no swelling, very little pain. I only had to take 3 pain pills. I had a lump in my throat when I swallowed for about 4 days, and after the surgery it went away.
Recovery was fairly quick. My leg and foot pain is gone and I'm walking straighter than before.
I just had my final followup appointment a little more than 5 weeks post-surgery. The micro discectomy was a wonderful success for me to relieve the nerve pain of a herniated lumbar disc. I would highly recommend Dr. Peelle to others.
in Columbia, SC
I would have no hesitation recommending Dr. Peele to my friends or family. He listens to your complaints closely and treats you accordingly. Waiting in his office is very short, and I've had no problems. His Health Care Team is very responsive to any of my questions. If you have back problems I...more
in Lexington, SC
Highly! Dr. Peele has a great bedside manner: explained everything in detail, was patient with my questions and has a great disposition. Also, MAINLY: He fixed me! I could barely walk when I first met him. Surgery and recovery were great. A few days after surgery, I felt amazing. It was like a...more

Are you Dr. Peelle?