Dr. Michael Parentis, MD

Dr. Michael Parentis, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

I have fellowship training in both sports medicine and foot and ankle surgery. I have performed well over 2000 total knee replacements and my practice incorporates the shoulder, elbow, knee and foot/ankle.

Knee Center of WNY

• MagnaCare
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Parentis

Dr. Parentis' Experience

Dr. Parentis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Yale University
  • Greater Chesapeake Orthopedic Associates
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Parentis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parentis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parentis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Sisters of Charity Hospital

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parentis to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Parentis' Performance
Medina, NY |
I am now 64 years old, physically active and I have had both knees replaced by Dr Parentis and have excellent results. I first saw Dr Parentis with knee pain when I was in my early 50s and he worked with me to manage arthritis pain until I was ready for surgery several years later never rushing or pressing for replacement. I have referred two others to Dr Parentis since. His expertise, bedside manner and top notch physical therapy staff for recovery all helped me back to an active life
in Buffalo, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Parentis for about 12 to 13 years I would estimate. He has done surgery on my shoulders which was needed and he did surgery on my toe which was also needed. I've seen him numerous times in the office for injections for arthritis and inflamed joints I have lupus and I have been on steroids for many years. He is nothing but professional anything that he has fixed for me has been fixed he is always pleasant and everything is done correctly. And he always returns a phone
in Clarendon, PA |
Dr.Parentis is one of the best. He has performed surgery on my feet many times, all came out well. Also about 3 years ago he saved my life . I had a massive infection in my foot. He did surgery to clean up the infection and put me on alot of antibiotics. All went well. Just had shoulder surgery yesterday, I know he did me right. God bless this man.
in Lake View, NY |
Dr. Parentis and his staff were great. I had rotater cuff surgery. Dr Parentis and his PA Matt did a great job on the surgical repair. Post op physical therapy was done right in their office by PT Joe Aquino. This was very convenient and effective any problems were handled right away since they were in the same office complex. Kudos to the whole crew - Dr. Parentis, Matt Mazurczak, Joe Aquino, Little Joe, Nicole, and Gale. Would highly recommend them.
in Lake View NY |
Dr. Parentis is always courteous and patient. He always takes the time to listen to us and explain medical issues thoroughly. When I first went to his office I needed urgent care and I was seen right away by his PA. His staff is pleasant and friendly. I trust his judgement and recommend him to others. It's also great to have the physical therapy office right there.
in North Tonawanda, NY |
Dr. Parentis was recommended to me for foot surgery and I had a very positive result. He did a lot of work on it and the healing process was difficult but he stuck with me and saw to it that everything turned out well. I'm grateful for what he has done and would recommend him to anyone considering surgery.
in Cheektowaga ,NY |
Dr. Parentis and his Orchard Park staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. They provided excellent care and I would highly recommend them to friends and family. I can't thank them enough!!!
in Buffalo, NY |
A friend of mine walked with a horrible painful hobble. After Dr. Parentis replaced both of her knees, she could skip around like a little girl. When I started to walk with a horrible painful hobble, I thought of my friend's new knees and called Dr. Parentis. After two total knee replacements, and I'm good as new. Dr. Parentis' manner is remarkable. Quiet, humble, personal, friendly, and one of the "Top Docs" in Buffalo. Pay him a compliment and he almost blushes. I recommend him to all.
in Tonawanda, NY |
Dr. Parentis was wonderful to myself and my wife at every office visit. He was pleasant and so helpful. Had my second foot surgery and it could not have gone better with an excellent outcome. Highly recommend him to anyone. Great staff. Very professional.
in East Aurora, NY |
I could not be happier with Dr. Parentis and his entire staff at the WNY Orthopedic Surgery center. They have shown nothing but complete professionalism, and kindness during my recent knee surgery. Everyone from the secretaries, the PA's, nurses, and especially to the phenomenal Physical Therapy department. This kind of welcoming atmosphere is not always easy to find. Always available, always ready to answer any questions, and always very friendly! Will go again in the future!
in Buffalo, NY |
I had both knees replaced in December 2015 and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. No more pain, grinding noise or buckling of the knees when using stars. Right from the start I had confidence in Dr. Parentis and his team. The office staff is professional and attentive. Followup has been consistent and exemplary. If ever I need additional orthopedic surgery this would be my first choice of surgeon.
in West Seneca, NY |
I avoided having knee for surgery for as long as I could, but when I wasn't able to do the things I enjoyed, I knew it was time. My experience with Dr. Parentis was excellent from start to finish and I was back to my activities sooner than I expected.
in Buffalo, NY |
From the very first phone call, the staff at WNY Knee and Orthopedic were very professional. Upon my first meeting with Dr. Parentis, he took the time to go over my x-ray and MRI. He explained everything in detail so I could make my decision easily. His follow-up calls after surgery and his staff's concern for me were overwhelming. The physical therapy department, which is located behind his main office, completed my rehab. I would highly recommend Dr. Parentis.
Buffalo, NY |
My experience with Dr. Parentis began with a hip fracture-----I had not met him or even heard his name before. Having said that, I feel very fortunate to have had treatment by him. From the first, he was humane, reassuring and available, beyond his obvious competence and preparation to deal with my issues. I require the care of more than one specialist, and Dr. Parentis compares most favorably by all parameters. He has my complete confidence, and appreciation for his kindness and sincerity.
in Buffalo, NY |
I have the greatest trust in Dr Parentis. He did my knee replacement and I am on the road to recovery. After my hip replacement, I will be going back to Dr. Parentis to have my other knee replaced. I would highly recommend and have recommended him to my family and friends. I have an appointment with Dr. Stube for my hip, and because of Dr. Parentis recommendation I have confidence that this will go as well as my knee.
in Hamburg, NY |
Outstanding doctor and staff
in Buffalo, NY |
March 2016 I fell and broke my femur. We knew that we needed a skilled doctor so my husband did some research and found Dr. Parentis. It was on the weekend but he made time for my emergency surgery. About a year later I am pleased with my results. When I fell I also tore my rotator cuff which he has recently repaired also. It has been a long year but throughout it I have felt very confident in the care of Dr. parentis and his staff. The physical therapist is connected with his office.
in Hamburg , NY |
Just a great guy and great doctor always a pleasure to see him .
in Lake View, NY |
I have had a total knee replacement and shoulder surgery by Dr. Parentis. Also my husband had shoulder surgery by him. He took his time explaining everything to us about these procedures. He even showed us our X-rays and explained what he was going to do. He also has a physical therapy room and two wonderful physical therapists on site. They have all been great to us. I can not say enough about this doctor. I would recommend him highly.
in Buffalo, NY |
In my line of work, unfortunately I've received several injuries to my knees and shoulders. I've found Dr. Parentis in particular, and his staff to be friendly, professional and skillful. They've always tried to accommodate my needs around my busy schedule as a Police Officer. I've had nothing but good results, through my several injuries and subsequent surgeries. I am still an active patient, and will remain so for the long haul. I have recommended Dr. Parentis to family and friends.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Parentis has a wonderful bedside manner. He takes his time when providing explanations and answers questions regarding my care very thoroughly. Matt and the office staff are very kind and courteous. I would recommend Dr. Parentis to my family and friends without hesitation!
in west seneca NY |
I had rotator cuff surgery done by Dr Perentis, bedside manner very compasionate he explained everything in language i understood ,from what was going on, to procedure of surgery, and after ,the day after surgery he called himself to see how i was, not only is he caring ,but his office staff are just as nice and therapy is right at office and the therapists, are just as compasionate ,friendly, and careing, i just love this whole team, THANK YOU DR PERENTIS
in Lake View, NY |
Totally satisfied with Dr. Parentis and his office staff. Had a knee replacement done by his associate, Dr. Stube a year ago. Dr Parentis was my follow-up Dr. He is professional and explains everthing fully. My rehab was done by the Pt. Dept. at his office. Everything ent smoothly. I recommend this practice for orthopedic problems.
in West Falls |
Dr. Parentis did surgery on my left knee and am very happy with results! If I should need surgery on my right knee I would not hesitate to have Dr. Parentis operate on it! I would recommend Dr. Parentis to family & friends for sure!
in Buffalo, NY |
I recently had a full knee replacement done by Dr. Parentis . He is very professional and has a excellant bed side manner. He explained the complete procedure in a laymans language at the pre-op office visit. My rehab was done by the physical therapist group that shares practice. Everything went great and I am well on my way toward full recovery.
in Kenmore, NY |
Dr. Parentis has now helped me twice. My recent shoulder surgery was done quickly and my care was perfect. I connected with the physical therapy department partnered with his office and they helped me tremendously. I followed all their directions and my shoulder is serving me well day-to-day and at the gym. Dr. Parentis has a confident approach that I really appreciated.
in Elma, NY |
Very punctual. Never rushes an appointment. Very patient explaining treatment, procedures and indication for recommended treatment.
in Buffalo, NY |
I injured my Achilles tendon in late August, went to a "chain" type orthopedic and never felt comfortable with their prognosis. Dr. Parentis carefully took the time to explain my injury and options to repair... I've since had the surgery to repair and feel at ease that I am on the road to my recovery and active lifestyle, I would highly recommend him to anyone !
in Cheektowaga, NY |
Dr Parentis was a referal to me by a co-worker for a worker's comp case I have. From the moment I met him and his staff, I was impressed. He ran a few tests to find what was wrong with my shoulder. About a month later I was having a surgery on it. I could not be happier with the results! After the surgery, he and his Physical therapy crew continued to impress me with thier bedside manner and knowledge. I would recommend him and his staff in a heartbeat
in Buffalo, NY |
Services are always prompt & courteous. Sometimes I meet with Dr. Parentis & other times I meet with one of his PA's. Everyone is very professional and take time to answer any questions. He is happy to discuss how things are moving along, what I can expect and what options I have. I have recommended him to both family & friends.
in Buffalo, NY |
I ruptured my Achilles in May 2015. Another Dr. recommended PT. I knew something was wrong and that I couldn't do PT. This led me to Dr. Parentis.. He recommended surgery, which I agreed to. 9 weeks after, I re-ruptured (my fault). Had a 2nd surgery with V-Y tendon lengthening. 5 weeks after that surgery I got an infection. After a long road of wound management and antibiotics, we did a 3rd surgery. I though I would never be the same, but I am back to biking, running, and a normal life.
in Tonawanda, NY |
Excellent, repaired my Patella tendon and I am as good as new .Highly recommended .Excellent follow up by Dr. Parentis and his staff.
in Buffalo, NY |
Terrible pressured me into doing unnecessary and additional surgery when there was no need too. I had the surgery was hospitalized with an infection on multiple rounds of antibiotics and never saw Dr Parentis for follow up visits only PA's. There was not one sink in the exam rooms for hand washing. I need additional extensive on an area of my foot that I didn?t have one problem with now in major chronic pain and need surgery and months of recuperation time.
in East Aurora, NY |
Dr. Parentis was very thorough with his explanation and what to expect pre and post surgery. His staff members are friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. The facility is great and I look forward to PT sessions. At this point, I am seven weeks post ACL reconstruction surgery and couldn't give a better recommendation. If my other ACL goes, I'm coming back here.
in Orchard Park, NY |
i would not send anyone to him, i was having trouble with knee replace he would not talk to me his NP talked to me, till i told them that it is like a meat market take a number and wait, he came in found that i had mercer infection, have to take iv for 8 weeks after that i called him and his asintance told me that they would give me a number were i could talk to another Doctor about my knee, he did not want me to see me anymore about my knee, when anyone ask me about knee sugary i tell them not
Have you seen Dr. Michael Parentis, MD?
Are you Dr. Parentis?