Dr. Michael A. Palmer, MD

Dr. Michael A. Palmer, MD

Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Pain Management | Male

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Palmer specializes in Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Pain Management and practices in Princeton, NJ. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Palmer? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Palmer's Experience

84Experience
Match

See how Dr. Palmer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Palmer

Dr. Palmer accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Palmer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Palmer's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Palmer to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Palmer
Dr. Palmer's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (50)
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer was willing to take the time and listen to my story. He showed genuine care and compassion for my case. My back has improved significantly from his advice and treatment. He is a wonderful doctor! I would recommend him to anyone seeking treatment in his field. I came in miserable months ago and am leaving happy and stronger. Thank you!
in Trenton, NJ |
The ultimate professional, Dr. Palmer has provided me with accurate diagnoses on every occasion. He has worked with me to find the best ways to strengthen and alleviate pain through physical therapy. I appreciate his recognition of and sensitivity to treating the whole person, which means listening to issues of life that impact the body. I wholeheartedly would recommend him to others. Kim M.
in Plainsboro, NJ |
One word ! Awesome. Dr Palmer was recommended to me by my sister in law and I am so glad I listened and met him. He is very warm, knowledgeable and a great listener. Which I miss in lots of doctors. I am at ease now with my problem and will surely be back for follow up. Thank you Doctor!
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer explained my problem so that I can understand what was wrong. He has a wonderful disposition/bedside manner. The procedure to fix my back went great & I went from hardly walking to being able to walk with no issues.
New York, NY |
Aside from his vast experience and medical knowledge, Dr. Palmer takes the time to listen to you before examining and asking questions. His gentle manner and ability to reassure you has made every visit to his office a pleasure as well as a benefit to my continued health. I would not see another Orthopaedic physician. He is the best.
in Cranbury, NJ |
He's the best.
in Princeton, NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Palmer for the past 22 years, ever since I had a bulging disc in my neck. Then on and off for injuries in my hip flexers, back, knees, etc.. I had a horrible problem with my neck and discs for years and he saved me from surgery. Had several instances of physical therapy and was able to get an at home traction machine which totally saved my life. I've been back to him for knees, lower back etc.. If he thinks an injection will help, he'll give it, but very thorough.
in Somerset, nj |
Excellent Doctor..he was very helpful and conservative in his treatment.. I would recommend him highly .
in Willingboro NJ |
Dr Palmer takes his time with his patients He is very knowable in his field
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is courteous, polite and professional. Would highly recommended him to anyone.
in Princeton, NJ |
Very knowledgeable and understanding about all questions and concerns. Spent as much time as I needed with him and helped me plot out a course of action for recovery. Also recommended a physical therapist and some at home treatment options.
in Montgomery, NJ |
Dr Palmer made me feel very comfortable. He took the time and listened to me! Dr Palmer is very thoughtful and takes the time to explain treatment. Dr Palmer is the best!! I totally trust Dr Palmer with me and my family and friends.
in Princeton, NJ |
Michael Palmer's expertise & skill set are rare, priceless treasures for those seeking relief & healing. He has accurately diagnosed & remedied my many athletic injuries over the years, always bringing me back to health quickly. Dr. Palmer is definitely tops in this field.
in Princeton, NJ |
Would highly recommend to see Dr. Palmer. He provides always a correct diagnosis and avoid unnecessary treatments. I totally trust is judgement.
in North Brunswick nj |
Dr Palmer is very professional and listens to your complaints. He is knowledgable in his field.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Palmer is great! Takes his time with his patients and is very knowledgeable
Simply fantastic clinician
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Palmer for several years. I have found him to be a very caring, and genuinely interested in my well being. He has always devoted as much time as needed to answer my questions, and go in depth on cause and effect. He has helped improve my health, and, got me back to the activities I enjoy.
in New York, NY |
Doctor kept on giving my 93 yr old mother HLA shots in hip which made her condition worse and bones more brittle. Why didn't he ever think to take an MRI since set of 3 shots didn't ease pain? Only went by former physiatrist's hip xrays. Duh! And at $1800 per shot. Patient having total hip replacement because of necrosis of femur and hip fracture. In agony -- thanks for nothing, and shame on you for not being more proactive!
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer spent his time explain my diagnosis and treatment . He is simply the best
in Skillman, NJ |
This was a follow up to a previous problem. I have come to realize that Dr. Palmer will spend whatever time it takes to meet with me. On this visit we discussed a number of orthopedic and muscular problems and came up with a plan that makes sense and gives me a positive outlook going forward. He prescribed physical therapy rather than a quick jump to medication and gave me a shot that provided significant relief for one of my major issues. All in a very productive visit.
in Lindenwold, NJ |
Dr. Palmer has fantastic bedside manner, is genuinely concerned with the success of treatment and has been able to diagnose my issues when other facilities could not. Most recently, I was released from the hospital emergency room after excruciating back pain with an xray report that stated that there were no abnormalities. Dr. Palmer was able to look at the xray, and within seconds called me over to show me what they had missed. I recommend Dr. Palmer to my friends, family and coworkers.
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
I have had the privilege of calling Dr Palmer my doctor for almost 16 years. He takes the time necessary to explain everything and to develop treatment plans for you. He has given me the knowledge to deal with whatever comes and to know when to ask for help.. I am proud to call him a friend and to know that he is there for me when I need a medical opinion. I am orthopedicly needy so I value his place in my life.
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
He is highly knowledgeable, skillful, sensitive to patient needs, and advocates for his patients.
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is an extraordinary doctor. As a premed student, I look up to him b/c he is an honorable physician and someone i want to be like when i grow up. He has not only treated me but also my mom. I am eternally grateful for how he has helped my family, she has a much better quality of life b/c of him. He is not only wise in his practice but he is kind. He establishes trust with all his patients. My mom comes in weekly and considers him a friend b/c he has become such a big part of our lives.
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Palmer for 12 years for a chronic pain condition. He doesn't hand you a prescription and move on. He spends the time to determine the root cause and develops a treatment plan for the best long term outcome. He considers my quality of life and gives me guidance in how to make the most of life while safeguarding my condition. Dr Palmer doesn't rush through my appointment and gives me his full attention. He has my trust and a high recommendation.
in Cranbury, NJ |
I have been a patient for Dr. Palmer for many years. He is always attentive and spends quality time with me during each visit. I have various issues with my neck and back and he is always receptive to listening to any new or ongoing concerns I may have. He has helped me in many, many ways. I have had injections in my neck and back which I would not trust to any other physician.
in 17 ACKEN LANE PRINCETON, NJ 08540 |
DOCTOR PALMER HAS BEEN MY PAIN MANAGMENT DOCTOR FOR NEARLY 16 YEARS HE IS THE MOST WONDERFUL DOCTOR THAT I HAVE EVER GONE TO HE IS THOURGH,PATIENT,AND SPENDS QUALITY TIME WITH YOU WHEN YOU SEE HIM IN THE OFFICE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO RECOVER FROM ANY AN ALL INJURIES. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEE ANY OTHER DOCTOR HE IS THE BEST THAT THERE IS.
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is an excellent doctor. He takes his time with me and explain to me about my condition. I would highly recommend Dr. Palmer for his expertise in his field. Trust me i am a lady who speaks what is on my mind and when a doctor take the time to listen to me about my medical concerns, well that is the doctor for me!
New York, NY |
Great clinician! Will spend the extra time to assure you understand the diagnosis & resolution!!! Fantastic pain management physician!
There is no reason why I would NOT recommend Dr Palmer! He is excellent at diagnosing and treating me. He is also very caring about his patients and their pain.
Hillsborough, NJ |
Dr Palmer is extremely education and knowledgeable in his field. He listens intently, discusses your options and provides thorough care.
Have you seen Dr. Michael A. Palmer, MD?
Are you Dr. Palmer?

• Broken Arm
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Cervical Radiculopathy
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

University Of Rome-La Sapienza, Faculty Of Medicine & Dentistry, Rome, Italy

Graduated in 1983

University Of Rome Dept Of Orthopaedics and Traumatology

Completed in 1988

University Of Rome Polyclinic

Completed in 1984

Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Medicine

Completed in 1994

New York University Downtown Hospital

Completed in 1991

Beth Israel Hospital, Department Of Rehabilitation Medicine, Electrodiagnostics and Orthopaedics

Completed in 1995

University Of California At Los Angeles School Of Medicine, School Of Acupuncture Medicine

Completed in 1996

Mit Dept Biol

Graduated in 1974

Norwich University

Graduated in 1976

U Perugia

Graduated in 1977

• Other Education
    Stanford University School Of Medicine, International Spinal Injection Society; Training Workshop For Lumbar Spinal Injections

Completed in 1997

Stanford University School Of Medicine, Training Workshop For Discograms and Cervical Spine Injections

Completed in 1997

Dr. Palmer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Palmer has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Palmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Palmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Palmer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Pain Management
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Palmer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Palmer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Palmer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients