Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Palmer, MD
Dr. Michael Palmer, MD is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Princeton, NJ. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Palmer is affiliated with University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro.

Princeton Orthopaedic Assocs

• Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Palmer

Dr. Palmer's Experience

Dr. Palmer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine

• Sports Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Sports Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Sports Preventive Medicine
  • Sports Rehabilitation Medicine

Dr. Palmer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Broken Arm
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Cervical Radiculopathy
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• MIT Dept Biol
  • University Of Rome Dept Of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Of Rome Polyclinic
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • New York University Downtown Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Beth Israel Hospital, Department Of Rehabilitation Medicine, Electrodiagnostics and Orthopaedics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of California At Los Angeles School Of Medicine, School Of Acupuncture Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Stanford University School Of Medicine, International Spinal Injection Society; Training Workshop For Lumbar Spinal Injections
    Other Education | Completed 1997
  • Stanford University School Of Medicine, Training Workshop For Discograms and Cervical Spine Injections
    Other Education | Completed 1997

Dr. Palmer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Palmer has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Palmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Palmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Palmer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Palmer to family and friends
Dr. Palmer's Performance
Somerset, NJ |
Check your Bills, was over charged $150.00.
Franklin Park, NJ |
Good bedside manner. Good at explaining. Waited 90 minutes from appt time to see Dr
Franklin Park, NJ |
Excellent experience . Very knowledgeable, supportive and good diagnosis
in Monroe Township, NJ |
He's been very helpful and has been giving me good hints.
in Monroe Township, NJ |
He diagnosed my condition better after seeing another physician who wanted to treatments that would not have helped.
Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is very attentive, knowledgeable, contemplative, and thorough.
Belle Mead, NJ |
Dr. Palmer went out of his way to treat me when I was in so much pain. He rearranged his schedule to accommodate my treatment needs. I highly recommend Dr. Palmer.
Princeton, NJ |
Very kind and explained really well what was going on with my knee.
Princeton, NJ |
Dr Palmer provided a thorough evaluation and easy to understand explanation of my condition. Calling on a Monday morning, it took 10 minutes on hold in order to make the appointment.
in Princeton, NJ |
I couldn't be more pleased with the attention and care. Dr. Palmer presented a course to follow of physical therapy rather than rushing to suggest surgery. This has worked well for me.
in Princeton, NJ |
Very personable and knowledgeable.
in Princeton, NJ |
Fantastic experience. Knowleable, professional and patient. I am highly appreciative of the time and interest he invest in understanding the problem.
in Princeton, NJ |
Wonderful e perience. Dr Palmer knows his stuff!
Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer takes great care in being thorough, knowledgeable and informative. I leave his office every time with peace of mind having my condition explained with a plan for recovery as well as preventative care.
Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is very welcoming and calming. His knowledge is extensive and pinpointed the issue right away. His recommendations for treatment and follow up were good.
in Belle Mead, NJ |
He was extremely professional and caring and he knew what he was talking about. This makes me feel very confident about him.
in Somerset, NJ |
He figured out my problem quickly and was right to the point.
in Princeton, NJ |
Superb experience from every perspective. Knowledge, time, explanations, caring. A++
in Princeton, |
Dr. Palmer is an exceptional doctor. He took his time to fully explain what was wrong with my knee in easy to understand medical terminology. He brought in visual aids to assist in describing my exact problem as well. He outlined the different options for course of treatment and then provided me with my next steps based I want I decided to do as a 1st course of action. Dr. Palmer has a wonderful bedside manner that you don't see very often anymore. He is compassionate and really listens!!
in Pennington, NJ |
This is my second appointment with Dr. Palmer. He took the time to access my problem, did X-rays, reviewed them with me, and gave me exercises to do. He was great. He also looked at my toe, when I asked him, due to hitting it badly a few days ago.
in NJ |
Excellent demeanor... Calming, soothing, knowledgable.
in Princeton, NJ |
It's been a really good experience and he was not dismissive as I've experienced with other doctors previously.
in Burlington, NJ |
I've been going to Dr. Palmer for many years to manage my lumbar herniation. Very thorough and caring. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering from any orthopedic issues. I believe he works with sports injuries as well and if any of my kids ever needs an ortho, Doc Palmer is the man. Highly recommended.
Princeton, NJ |
Dr Palmer has been extremely helpful to me for a variety of issues/complaints. He is highly competent and spends significant time listening and paying attention to his patients-- something I have found to be particularly rare and valuable in medical care. I have had a great experience with Dr P.
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer was willing to take the time and listen to my story. He showed genuine care and compassion for my case. My back has improved significantly from his advice and treatment. He is a wonderful doctor! I would recommend him to anyone seeking treatment in his field. I came in miserable months ago and am leaving happy and stronger. Thank you!
in Trenton, NJ |
The ultimate professional, Dr. Palmer has provided me with accurate diagnoses on every occasion. He has worked with me to find the best ways to strengthen and alleviate pain through physical therapy. I appreciate his recognition of and sensitivity to treating the whole person, which means listening to issues of life that impact the body. I wholeheartedly would recommend him to others. Kim M.
in Plainsboro, NJ |
One word ! Awesome. Dr Palmer was recommended to me by my sister in law and I am so glad I listened and met him. He is very warm, knowledgeable and a great listener. Which I miss in lots of doctors. I am at ease now with my problem and will surely be back for follow up. Thank you Doctor!
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer explained my problem so that I can understand what was wrong. He has a wonderful disposition/bedside manner. The procedure to fix my back went great & I went from hardly walking to being able to walk with no issues.
New York, NY |
Aside from his vast experience and medical knowledge, Dr. Palmer takes the time to listen to you before examining and asking questions. His gentle manner and ability to reassure you has made every visit to his office a pleasure as well as a benefit to my continued health. I would not see another Orthopaedic physician. He is the best.
in Cranbury, NJ |
He's the best.
in Princeton, NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Palmer for the past 22 years, ever since I had a bulging disc in my neck. Then on and off for injuries in my hip flexers, back, knees, etc.. I had a horrible problem with my neck and discs for years and he saved me from surgery. Had several instances of physical therapy and was able to get an at home traction machine which totally saved my life. I've been back to him for knees, lower back etc.. If he thinks an injection will help, he'll give it, but very thorough.
in Somerset, nj |
Excellent Doctor..he was very helpful and conservative in his treatment.. I would recommend him highly .
in Willingboro NJ |
Dr Palmer takes his time with his patients He is very knowable in his field
in East Brunswick, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is courteous, polite and professional. Would highly recommended him to anyone.
in Princeton, NJ |
Very knowledgeable and understanding about all questions and concerns. Spent as much time as I needed with him and helped me plot out a course of action for recovery. Also recommended a physical therapist and some at home treatment options.
in Montgomery, NJ |
Dr Palmer made me feel very comfortable. He took the time and listened to me! Dr Palmer is very thoughtful and takes the time to explain treatment. Dr Palmer is the best!! I totally trust Dr Palmer with me and my family and friends.
in Princeton, NJ |
Michael Palmer's expertise & skill set are rare, priceless treasures for those seeking relief & healing. He has accurately diagnosed & remedied my many athletic injuries over the years, always bringing me back to health quickly. Dr. Palmer is definitely tops in this field.
in Princeton, NJ |
Would highly recommend to see Dr. Palmer. He provides always a correct diagnosis and avoid unnecessary treatments. I totally trust is judgement.
in North Brunswick nj |
Dr Palmer is very professional and listens to your complaints. He is knowledgable in his field.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Palmer is great! Takes his time with his patients and is very knowledgeable
Simply fantastic clinician
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Palmer for several years. I have found him to be a very caring, and genuinely interested in my well being. He has always devoted as much time as needed to answer my questions, and go in depth on cause and effect. He has helped improve my health, and, got me back to the activities I enjoy.
in New York, NY |
Doctor kept on giving my 93 yr old mother HLA shots in hip which made her condition worse and bones more brittle. Why didn't he ever think to take an MRI since set of 3 shots didn't ease pain? Only went by former physiatrist's hip xrays. Duh! And at $1800 per shot. Patient having total hip replacement because of necrosis of femur and hip fracture. In agony -- thanks for nothing, and shame on you for not being more proactive!
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer spent his time explain my diagnosis and treatment . He is simply the best
in Skillman, NJ |
This was a follow up to a previous problem. I have come to realize that Dr. Palmer will spend whatever time it takes to meet with me. On this visit we discussed a number of orthopedic and muscular problems and came up with a plan that makes sense and gives me a positive outlook going forward. He prescribed physical therapy rather than a quick jump to medication and gave me a shot that provided significant relief for one of my major issues. All in a very productive visit.
in Lindenwold, NJ |
Dr. Palmer has fantastic bedside manner, is genuinely concerned with the success of treatment and has been able to diagnose my issues when other facilities could not. Most recently, I was released from the hospital emergency room after excruciating back pain with an xray report that stated that there were no abnormalities. Dr. Palmer was able to look at the xray, and within seconds called me over to show me what they had missed. I recommend Dr. Palmer to my friends, family and coworkers.
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
I have had the privilege of calling Dr Palmer my doctor for almost 16 years. He takes the time necessary to explain everything and to develop treatment plans for you. He has given me the knowledge to deal with whatever comes and to know when to ask for help.. I am proud to call him a friend and to know that he is there for me when I need a medical opinion. I am orthopedicly needy so I value his place in my life.
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
He is highly knowledgeable, skillful, sensitive to patient needs, and advocates for his patients.
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Palmer is an extraordinary doctor. As a premed student, I look up to him b/c he is an honorable physician and someone i want to be like when i grow up. He has not only treated me but also my mom. I am eternally grateful for how he has helped my family, she has a much better quality of life b/c of him. He is not only wise in his practice but he is kind. He establishes trust with all his patients. My mom comes in weekly and considers him a friend b/c he has become such a big part of our lives.
in Princeton Junction, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Palmer for 12 years for a chronic pain condition. He doesn't hand you a prescription and move on. He spends the time to determine the root cause and develops a treatment plan for the best long term outcome. He considers my quality of life and gives me guidance in how to make the most of life while safeguarding my condition. Dr Palmer doesn't rush through my appointment and gives me his full attention. He has my trust and a high recommendation.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Palmer, MD?
Are you Dr. Palmer?