Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD

Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 64 years old

27 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Pachtman specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Mesa, AZ. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Pachtman? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Pachtman's Experience

See how Dr. Pachtman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pachtman

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Pachtman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pachtman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pachtman to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Pachtman's Performance
Gilbert, AZ |
We were referred to Dr. Pachtmann because my 3 year old son had a developing lazy eye. Dr. Pachtmann is obviously bright and obviously experienced, and he was able to diagnose my son fast and offer treatment immediately. We have been back to see him a number of times for other eye issues with my son and he has been helpful every time. If you want to see someone who has seen every eye condition out there and has a wealth of experience, I would absolutely recommend Dr. Pachtmann.
in Gilbert, AZ |
He was a condescending jerk. He wouldn't answer my questions and he kept talking over me. He is very rude. We will not be returning to his office again & strongly recommend that other parents not take their kids to him. I will also tell my son's pediatrician to refer his other patients to a different eye doctor
Phoenix, AZ |
He was very dismissive of my concerns of suffering from double vision for several years. I had consulted another ophthalmologist prior to seeing him who actually referred me to the practice. The previous dr I saw, Dr Aaron Peterson, was extremely thorough, ran numerous tests and spent a good hour with me. He felt I needed surgery. Dr P spent 10 minutes with me and came up with completely different results on the sight chart. His opinion? I'm 60 and need glasses!! I've worn glasses for years!
Phoenix, AZ |
My appt with Dr. Pachtman seemed to be, at the time, acceptable. I am an adult who was told that I needed surgery. I, fortunately, consulted with 2 other physicians who told me that surgery was not necessary. While I cannot review on his expertise as a surgeon, I believe his "ethics" of a physician fall short. My appointment was quick, very little tested, and a quick to judge surgery result. Be very careful and always get a 2nd opinion.
Phoenix, AZ |
Was told he could correct my child's double vision, and after the surgery, and out of pocket thousands of dollars that insurance didn't cover, the surgery did not work. Beware before you commit to surgery with Dr. Pachtman. Get other opinions from other doctors. Office staff is rude, wait time (take the day off from work) is horrible, and poor bedside manners from the Dr. Our poor child was traumatized by the experience from Dr. Pachtman.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Pachtman is great with my son in the office and makes him feel very relaxed and comfortable. He takes the time to answer all our questions. I would definitely recommend him!
Very professional and kind
in Chandler, AZ |
He is a very nice Dr . But you feel so rushed when you see him. Staff is pretty rude. They denied me making an appt because I had a $40 balance due. I have called the office many times and have left messages. No call back.You can never get a person on the phone. Always on hold for 30 mins or more at a time.Changing Dr's!!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD?
Are you Dr. Pachtman?

Compare Dr. Pachtman

Dr. Pachtman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Pachtman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pachtman's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Esotropia

University of Michigan Hospital

Completed in 1982

Indiana University Hospitals

Completed in 1983

Dr. Pachtman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pachtman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology