Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD

Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Mesa, AZ. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.

1220 S Higley Rd Ste 106

Mesa, AZ 85206

Learn about Dr. Pachtman

See how frequently Dr. Pachtman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Extraocular Muscle Surgery
Paralytic Strabismus
Exotropia

Dr. Pachtman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology
    Accredited by: American Board of Ophthalmology*

• Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Cataract
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Esotropia

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Kentucky
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • University of Michigan Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Indiana University Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Pachtman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pachtman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pachtman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pachtman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pachtman to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Pachtman's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
I had strabismus surgey and it was a complete success. My vision is now perfect. I would definitely recommend Dr Pachtman and would use him again if I ever need any type of eye surgery again.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
My son (11) had an eye appointment (1st time) with Dr. Pachtman this morning and we waited 2 hours for his appointment. The receptionist was not friendly and when we finally did see the doctor he did not greet us and acted like we were doing him a favor by being there. When asked if there is normally this long of a wait he replied by saying..."a lot of people want to see him and if you don't want a wait then go to Dr. Karen Robertson (also in the same group). Absolutely horrible experience!
Gilbert, AZ |
We were referred to Dr. Pachtmann because my 3 year old son had a developing lazy eye. Dr. Pachtmann is obviously bright and obviously experienced, and he was able to diagnose my son fast and offer treatment immediately. We have been back to see him a number of times for other eye issues with my son and he has been helpful every time. If you want to see someone who has seen every eye condition out there and has a wealth of experience, I would absolutely recommend Dr. Pachtmann.
in Gilbert, AZ |
He was a condescending jerk. He wouldn't answer my questions and he kept talking over me. He is very rude. We will not be returning to his office again & strongly recommend that other parents not take their kids to him. I will also tell my son's pediatrician to refer his other patients to a different eye doctor
Phoenix, AZ |
He was very dismissive of my concerns of suffering from double vision for several years. I had consulted another ophthalmologist prior to seeing him who actually referred me to the practice. The previous dr I saw, Dr Aaron Peterson, was extremely thorough, ran numerous tests and spent a good hour with me. He felt I needed surgery. Dr P spent 10 minutes with me and came up with completely different results on the sight chart. His opinion? I'm 60 and need glasses!! I've worn glasses for years!
Phoenix, AZ |
My appt with Dr. Pachtman seemed to be, at the time, acceptable. I am an adult who was told that I needed surgery. I, fortunately, consulted with 2 other physicians who told me that surgery was not necessary. While I cannot review on his expertise as a surgeon, I believe his "ethics" of a physician fall short. My appointment was quick, very little tested, and a quick to judge surgery result. Be very careful and always get a 2nd opinion.
Phoenix, AZ |
Was told he could correct my child's double vision, and after the surgery, and out of pocket thousands of dollars that insurance didn't cover, the surgery did not work. Beware before you commit to surgery with Dr. Pachtman. Get other opinions from other doctors. Office staff is rude, wait time (take the day off from work) is horrible, and poor bedside manners from the Dr. Our poor child was traumatized by the experience from Dr. Pachtman.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Pachtman is great with my son in the office and makes him feel very relaxed and comfortable. He takes the time to answer all our questions. I would definitely recommend him!
Very professional and kind
in Chandler, AZ |
He is a very nice Dr . But you feel so rushed when you see him. Staff is pretty rude. They denied me making an appt because I had a $40 balance due. I have called the office many times and have left messages. No call back.You can never get a person on the phone. Always on hold for 30 mins or more at a time.Changing Dr's!!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Pachtman, MD?
Are you Dr. Pachtman?