Dr. Michael J. Orris, DO

Dr. Michael J. Orris, DO

General Surgery | Male | 43 years old

As one of the top Phoenix bariatric surgeons, he recognizes the negative impact that excess weight has on society, and has developed a passion for helping patients attain and maintain a healthy body weight. Every year, Dr. Orris successfully performs hundreds of weight-loss surgeries. Patients benefit from his years of bariatric surgery experience and the personal intensity he brings to each and every case. With his vast knowledge in the field of bariatric surgery, Dr. Orris is well-known for accepting complicated and challenging cases.Read more

Weight Loss Institute of AZ
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Dr. Orris is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Orris' Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Orris' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Orris

Dr. Orris accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Orris has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Orris' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Orris to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Orris
Dr. Orris' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (113)
in Mesa, AZ |
Highly recommend! My husband and I chose a consultation with WLIA for lap-band surgery based off the recommendations from other nurses and they were right! From the moment we walked in the door, you could see from all the little touches that this doctor's office was different. About half of the chairs in the lobby were build for larger folks which was a relief for anyone that has had the horrible experience of trying to be comfortable in a chair that is too small. There were pictures of success
in Arizona City, AZ |
Dr Orris and his staff were great to work with through this entire experience. With every issue I faced, they were there to help me through it. They listened to each concern and answered all my questions. I had my surgery in April and I feel fantastic. I am down 30 pounds! My blood pressure is down, my back is feeling so much better and I have lots of energy. Thank you Dr Orris.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Orris and his staff are wonderful. I will recommend him to everyone I know. He is truly amazing. He's very personal and professional.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. DeBarros is the most amazing doctor. I had my surgery done in 2007 and have never regretted a day of it. I can not say enough about Dr DeBarros and Dr. Orris and Mike Murphy RD and staff, they are very caring and want you to succeed in your weight loss journey regardless of what surgery you have done there (Lapband, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve). I had the lapband done and I still go in on occasion to follow up or just to show them how well I'm doing. I am treated like family and if I have any
in Phoenix AZ |
For many years I have tried and failed to lose weight so in desperation I decided to turn to weight loss surgery. After doing some research online I decided that Weight Loss Institute Of Arizona was right for me. I met with Dr. DeBarros and Dr. Orris at my initial consultation. They were both friendly, professional, answered all of my questions, and alleviated any concern I had about the procedure. I was very satisfied with the care that I received and am greatly looking forward to my procedure.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He is very good and what he does, he tells you just like it is. He is very open and honest and he only going to do what is best for you and will tell you the honest truth.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Orris and his staff are wonderful . They helped me to work on my weight loss goal . He gave me the opportunity and knowledge to change my lifestyle to improve my health and way of life. Thank you
Very nice and takes the time to explain things. Great staff and several locations makes it easier to get to.
in Mesa, AZ |
I've been coming to WLIAZ for the last two years and i couldn't be happier. Everything has been easy peasy. Mike and Dr. Orris have been very reachable and make me feel like I am not just a number. Also, the staff have been so professional and kind. Thank you!
in Tempe, AZ |
WLIA is more than amazing to work with. They are so prepared to answer every question and made me feel so comfortable with my decision to move forward with Gastric Sleeve surgery. My surgery was Nov. 13, 2015 performed by Dr. Michael Orris. He did an outstanding job. I've had to call his team at WLIA several times with questions the week following surgery and they were so kind and helpful. Knowing now what I know I would do it over and over again. I highly recommend WLIA. I am down 65 pounds.
in Goodyear, Az |
Dr. Orris is such a great doctor!! He has answered all of my questions and I can't wait to get surgery!!
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr. Orris really cares! His staff went above my expectations with approval, scheduling, and nutrition! Thanks.
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Orris & staff have always been helpful and courteous. They worked with me on billing through a job/insurance change to make sure there would be no surprises. They were great about helping me with dieting/exercise to lose the weight I needed to pre-surgery. Surgery went smoothly and recovery was easier than I expected it to be. I would strongly recommend Dr. Orris and staff for your weight loss journey!
in Buckeye, AZ |
I decided last August to have weight loss surgery and chose WLIA on the recommendation of a friend who had the Lap Band procedure with them the prior December. I have been pleased with the staff and my surgeon must have done a FANTASTIC job because I had a very easy recovery and absolutely no complications. The staff is great as well!
Have you seen Dr. Michael J. Orris, DO?
Are you Dr. Orris?

• Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Colectomy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia and Hydrocele Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Revision Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 2000

Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Med Philadelphia Pa

Completed in 2003

Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Med Philadelphia Pa

Completed in 2005

Dr. Orris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Orris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Orris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Orris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Orris

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Orris' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Orris

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Orris' Care Philosophy