Dr. Michael Oros, MD

Dr. Michael Oros, MD

Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Michael Oros, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in North Canton, OH. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

9701 Cleveland Ave NW Ste 150

North Canton, OH 44720

• AultCare Insurance Company
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • SummaCare

Learn about Dr. Oros

Dr. Oros' Experience

Dr. Oros' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Addiction Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Confusion
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Suboxone® Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Gannon University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Neocom

Dr. Oros has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Oros does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oros and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oros' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oros to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Oros' Performance
Hartville |
Excellent doctor. So knowledgeable. Really seems to understand the complexities of multiple diagnosis. Very pleasant too.
New Philadelphia, OH |
This man should not be called a Dr. He took over another Drs patients so he looked at what the where taking kept them on it didn't even look at you then charged you an office visit. Never on time for your appointment I mean by hours of being off of the time to see you. Told you the cost of blood draw then he charges you also the company charges you. This Dr has no clue of being a Dr also running an office. I say stay away find good Dr.who knows what to do
in Canton, OH |
I've had a great experience with this doctor, been seeing him and a counselor on a regular basis for about 10 months for an addiction problem I developed. He doesn't kick you out after 10 or 15 minutes like the place I tried before coming here. Sometimes you do have to wait longer. But reading some of the other reviews on here probably a little exaggerated. Would have and have recommended.
in Beliot |
Horrible Dr don't go stay away unless u want to wait 3 hrs every time u go there get told u owe this n that without ever getting a bill be discriminated against bc u have a problem get a attitude by the woman that work up front charged 50.00$ for a missed appointment even unless it's exactly 24 hrs in advance. Get looked at like ur scum by the Dr he treats you like he's better than u. Just stay away find a good Dr.
in Alliance,ohio |
Don't go to the Dr unless u want to wait 4 hrs Everytime you go here and that's no joke. The staff behind the window are lazy they go through more staff then I've seen at McDonald's. Been a patient for 3 years and never once got a real bill. Joke of a Dr's office the Dr himself is pretty cool he I think just needs to work for a office rather than himself not a very good business man.
OH |
Fantastic doctor and staff. Things at this office have greatly improved.
in St. Clairsville, OH |
Dr. Oros is a wonderful doctor who has helped me with my illness when other doctors failed. He takes the time to listen and makes the correct medication choices. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him! I drive 2 hours to see him since the care is that good. Plus having Netflix in the waiting room is a nice touch.
in North Canton, OH |
The wait times are longer than some offices, but there's a reason I stay and so do his other patients. He will spend the time with you when you need him to, and that's important to me.
in Canton, OH |
good luck getting xanax if you need it. I know what I need, and he REFUSED to listen and give my xanax. Steer clear!! Waste of Time!
in Canton, OH |
I've been with Oros for about a year now, I came from Dr. Zaidi's office. The wait can be ridiculous, the old staff was awful but the new staff is much better. The lab girls are always super nice and feel for the patient's who have to wait so long. They still don't answer the phone, which is my biggest pet peeve. I will complain about the office but I won't go anywhere else , Dr. Oros does care and tries to keep you on the right medicine and dosage. I do hope the wait time will get better soon.
in Glenmont |
Never spend less than 3 or 4 hours waiting to see him. It's unbelievable that this office allows this to continue.
in canton, ohio |
I've been going to see Dr. Oros for roughly a year now, and I saw what everyone else saw, the incredible waiting time, the harried staff, and no sense of organization earlier on. Then I realized that he had to take over 80 of Dr. Zaidi's former clients. 80! But they all persevered, and realized that Dr. Oros is a good, thoughtful man that does take the time to help you. The girls are awesome now, and are extremely helpful either over the phone or in person. Please give them time.
in Canton, OH |
He is terrible!!! Never go to him. He is the most inconsiderate man/doctorI have ever met! He will keep you waiting for 2-3 hours. Then he talks at you from behind a computer screen. He is condescending and acts like only his time is important. I am not a negative person but I advise you to seek another doctor.
in North Canton, Ohio |
Before seeing Dr. Oros, I had been to over five psychiatrists to try to help with my anxiety and depression. I was referred to Dr. Oros by a friend and he truly showed me what a good doctor should be. It was an average wait time, but once I got in there, Dr. Oros listened to everything I had to say and truly cared about my well being. His staff was amazing as well with making sure I had my prescriptions and medications covered. Overall, he is a thorough doctor who cares about all his patients!!!
in Alliance, OH |
great office staff, Tony and Tom VERY helpful. highly recommend!!
in Alliance, OH |
Dr Oros explains things. Takes his time and never rushes me. He listens and tries to understand. My moods and anxiety were really aweful when I first saw him. Now.. I am on medications that make me feel better without being drugged up. So over all.. Yes.. He's good.
in Alliance, OH |
Dr. Oros took over another doctors practice all at once. He seems at least to be trying to do his best with that. Did the wait times gone up since he was in alliance? Yep. But I guess with everyone coming in your going to get some wild cards!
in Alliance, OH |
Terrible office. The Doctor is knowledgeable and friendly. The staff is awful. They are untrained and rude. The doctor took over an existing doctor's office. He took over her patients. I was with the original doctor and am very disappointed with this new office. The wait is anywhere from 2-3 hours and they will not bill my insurance. They actually demanded I pay $1,000 before I saw the doctor. They cannot even send me a bill. Very unprofessional staff and system.
in Alliance, OH |
Tony is a nurse that patients see instead of Dr. Oros. Dr. Oros is OK. He could explain things better though. TONY is NOT OK. The review is for Tony. Tony, the nurse, is not qualified as a doctor. He should not be seeing patients. He has a poor understanding of the body/mind connection. He is NOT a nice person. I seriously think he should be assessed by a psychiatrist. Unfortunately, if you visit to see Dr. Oros your chance of seeing Tony is extremely high. Therefore, I can NOT recommend.
Uniontown, OH |
My first visit to Dr. Oros' office I waited over 2 hours. I went to the window where the office clerks were and they did not want to open the glass so I could speak to them. The girls were rude and have no customer service experience. The 2nd time I went I waited 2 hours before I rescheduled and walked out. They told me I would have to pay a fee for rescheduling. I told them I would not pay. This place is a joke. I would not recommend them to anyone. The wait times are ridiculous.
in Massillon, OH |
My doctor retired and I was very wary of this first appointment after reading most of the reviews on here but I was pleasantly surprised after the appointment Wednesday. I saw Tony Shumway,NP, this time and found him very professional & easy to talk to. The office staff was friendly and courteous also. Looking forward to seeing Dr Oros in 3 months!
in OH |
The most poorly run clinic I have ever experienced. The office staff are very poorly trained, inappropriately dressed, young women. My first visit consisted of waiting nearly an hour while the fire alarm was blasting with no end in sight. My last (second) visit was a wait of nearly two hours, because the computer system & Internet were out. During that time the doctor followed the IT guy around trying to get them back online. Don't they have an office manager to do that??? I decided I was done.
in Malvern, OH |
Dr. Oros is an excellent doctor.. I trust him very much and he listens quite well and makes me feel comfortable. Tony Shumway,NP, is also excellent as are the girls in the lab, Tanya and Britney and the office staff is very friendly and courteous. Wonderful psychiatry office. I feel they really care and are concerned about comfort and trust. I highly recommend them to anyone searching for really high quality psychiatric care and/or counseling. Top notch! Very accommodating with appt. times.
North Canton, OH |
I didn't have a choice or so I thought. My doctor retired and he was taking over the practice. Patients were led to believe that location was still going to be in the Aultman professional building. Not the case, no one called to schedule an appointment with all the patients that previous Doctor left to him. When I finally got appointment and got over the shock of where I had to drive to, I was sadly disappointed in the rudeness of the Physicians Assistant he has. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE.
I originally had an appt. scheduled in February only to be called by one of his staff to reschedule because they were overbooked. It was rescheduled for April. When I showed up for appt. I was told I had outstanding balance of $35 for cancelling my Feb. appt. They insisted I pay that fee or it would be sent for collections. THEY would not reverse the charge because I did not know who I talked to. This was the first appt. and I walked out without seeing Dr. Oros because of his rude staff!
in Canton, OH |
Be aware Dr. Oros requires patients to have a urinalysis performed at your appointment. The lab that he has contracted with is very expensive and was out-of-network for me. He wouldn't allow me to go to an in-network provider to get the lab work completed since he has contracted with this lab. This requirement and provider information wasn't given to me at the time that I made the appointment otherwise I wouldn't have made it. The office staff is very unprofessional and not knowledgeable.
NORTH CANTON |
I will NEVER go back! This place is a JOKE! It took over 45 minutes to schedule an appointment over the phone since they couldn't locate my records. I met with a nurse. He was very rude and treated me poorly. He'd ask a question. I would go to answer it only for him to cut me off. He said yes or no we have other people waiting. He asked my religion. I have NEVER been asked this by any medical person before. He's very arrogant and disrespectful. Please find somewhere else to get treatment.
in Canton, OH |
Waiting and waiting. Front staff is incompetent. Waited for 2 hours. I asked at the front desk if I was to be seen soon. They told me he took the patient after me first????? I am a 65 year old grandmother and not usually upset but the way they treat patients here is ridiculous. I would not trust this office with anything. Will go somewhere else. I would never recommend this office to anyone. They could spiff this place up a little too. Very dark and dirty.
in Mogadore Ohio |
Terribly uninformed staff. When questioned about their ineptitude regarding all dealings with insurance and the 5 days it took for the doctor to respond for a refill confirmation to the pharmacy for anti convulsant medication, I was issued a certified letter stating the doctor was terminating the patient/physician relationship. Being vigilant regarding ones insurance and attempting to adhere to the prescribed medication from this physician resulted in abandonment of care plan. Beware.
Canton, OH |
I had to wait over 3-1/2 hours, a patient who had an appointment 1/2 hour after me was called in before me, another patient had enough and walked out. Never going back and would never recommend this office.
in Canton, ohio |
Dr. Oris himself is nice and seems genuinely interested in your concerns. However, plan to wait at least an HOUR after tour appointment time to see him. My last appointment took over 2 hours past and that's before he combined offices. His staff is a bunch of bimbos. They ignored 5 faxes from my pharmacy making me wait over a month before they addressed a prior Auth issue for the med Dr Oros prescribed. Totally unprofessional office and staff. I will not return to his office.
in Alliance ohio |
Seems VERY interested in patient symptom restitution. Refused to address errors staff made regarding any and all information, billing and payment pertaining to insurance. When deferred to office manager, her response to the second error in as many appointments was there is something that can be done, but I'm unwilling to do anything. Citing protocol regarding co pays and cash payments. When willing to make cash payments as insurance paperwork was almost complete, amount was double the quote.
in Green, OH |
Actually listens to what i have to say and spends the time to help
Have you seen Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Are you Dr. Oros?