Dr. Michael Oros, MD

Dr. Oros
Telehealth services available

Allied Healthcare

9701 Cleveland Ave NW North Canton, OH 44720

Dr. Michael Oros, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in North Canton, OH and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus in 2004 and specializes in addiction psychiatry, psychiatry, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatrists in your area

Dr. Oros accepts

Dr. Oros accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Medical Mutual of Ohio POS
Mutual of Omaha
SummaCare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Dr. Oros treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Oros' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Confusion
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opiate Dependence
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis

3.2

Dr. Oros?
Dr. Oros' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Oros, MD
Excellent Dr. Very thorough even with 8 years clean he still pee tests me every visit. I like that. Also the first Dr to make an honest effort to treat my ADHD. TrIed several non stimulant meds over several months. None worked out but I appreciated how hard he worked for me. Probably only criticism is he seems to be an hour behind. Now that I expect it it doesn’t bother me. He’s worth the wait. He is nothing like many of the other physicians in this line of work.
Derek Guay – Nov 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Dr. Oros and his entire staff provide the best care! I have seen 2 other practitioners in this area and field and had one bad experience after another until I came to Allied Healthcare. They are extremely thorough and always professional. Dr. Oros cares about his patient as a whole to make sure they are receiving the best care. He spends as much time as needed to address any issues, I have never been rushed out of his office when I was in need of extra help whether it was with meds, or symptoms, situational or even insurance issues...he has always been willing to spend the time to help find or at least work on a solution. His care and concern has always been genuine and that’s hard to find in this area and in this field. He has wonderful therapists there. Christine is warm and attentive and offers the best encouragement and insight. The secretaries and even the nurses are so friendly, they make you feel welcome and important. They care about you getting better there, and I am proof Ty
Stacey D. – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
I go to this office to see Tony, the Mental Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. I am impressed with how nice everyone is. My first time at the office I had about an hour wait, but Netflix in the waiting room helped. However Tony spent over 2 hours with me trying to figure out what was really going on, doing math to taper me off old medications to avoid withdraw, and really shower he cared. Dr Oros came in to review Tonys plan and introduce himself as well. Besides that, the office actually just called me to let me know theyre running behind and not to rush in as it may be 30-40 minutes behind, or do I need to reschedule. I have never had a office call to tell me that, most will just let you wait for hours. Also, Appointments available after normal work hours so I don't have to use PTO. Overall I am so impressed!
Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Stay away! Unless you enjoy waiting for hours for an appointment and dealing with a staff of idiots. Not to mention the inability to process claims correctly through your insurance. At one point I allegedly owed thousands!! After working with my insurance we found out that I actually had over paid. Dr. Oros seems like a nice guy but needs to get the office in order and his patients in and out in a timely manner. There is another guy you may see named Tony. He is simply clueless. I have no idea how he ever received a license to practice psychiatry. I'm shocked he would be issued a license to drive if I'm being honest. If you have a choice then choose elsewhere. Long story short...in one word in regard to this practice. RUN!!
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
The last time we were there, Dr. Oros worked with his computer tech person while all his patients waited. After3 hours, we left.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
This office is amazing! Dr Oros is so great and spends so much time with you the staff has gone out there way to help me
Am in Alliance – Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
I find Dr. Oros to be compassionate, patient, and generally concerned about his patients. He spends adequate time and really listens to all your concerns and requests. He even takes time to solve issues non medical related. The staff are so sweet and try to ease your mind while waiting so long.
Terry in canton – Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Dr Oros is the super warm, very easy to talk to, and a smart version of Gregory House .He has a very compassionate, holistic and patient-eccentric practice paradigm. He aptly applies conventional and functional wisdom with the goal of achieving wellness, maintains stability versus simply managing chronic diseases. The staff is improving greatly and be prepared to be greeted by the lab staff as soon as you walk through the door.
Ben C. in MASSILLON – Feb 06, 2018
Needs license revoked!!!
Hartville – Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
I have been very pleased with Dr. Michael Oros since I started seeing him after my previous psychiatrist retired. He takes more time with me than any psychiatrist I’ve ever been to before. VERY knowledgeable, professional, kind, caring, willing to share important information about your diagnosis with you. And right from the start said I was given the wrong diagnosis. I trust Dr. Oros with my care. He is helping me find medications that work for me. He listens to me!! Worth the wait!!
Candy Chatelain in Louisville, Ohio – Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Very knowledgeable, spent the time to figure out what was really going on with me. I got different different diagnosis from other doctors that didn't make sense to me or my husband. He explained why that might of happened and explained what he thought was actually going on and what the diagosis meant. Made a couple changes and I don't feel as stressed out like I did before that.
Sara in Canal Fulton, OH – Dec 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Excellent doctor. So knowledgeable. Really seems to understand the complexities of multiple diagnosis. Very pleasant too.
Hartville – Dec 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
This man should not be called a Dr. He took over another Drs patients so he looked at what the where taking kept them on it didn't even look at you then charged you an office visit. Never on time for your appointment I mean by hours of being off of the time to see you. Told you the cost of blood draw then he charges you also the company charges you. This Dr has no clue of being a Dr also running an office. I say stay away find good Dr.who knows what to do
New Philadelphia, OH – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
I've had a great experience with this doctor, been seeing him and a counselor on a regular basis for about 10 months for an addiction problem I developed. He doesn't kick you out after 10 or 15 minutes like the place I tried before coming here. Sometimes you do have to wait longer. But reading some of the other reviews on here probably a little exaggerated. Would have and have recommended.
O.C. in Canton, OH – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Horrible Dr don't go stay away unless u want to wait 3 hrs every time u go there get told u owe this n that without ever getting a bill be discriminated against bc u have a problem get a attitude by the woman that work up front charged 50.00$ for a missed appointment even unless it's exactly 24 hrs in advance. Get looked at like ur scum by the Dr he treats you like he's better than u. Just stay away find a good Dr.
Steven in Beliot – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Don't go to the Dr unless u want to wait 4 hrs Everytime you go here and that's no joke. The staff behind the window are lazy they go through more staff then I've seen at McDonald's. Been a patient for 3 years and never once got a real bill. Joke of a Dr's office the Dr himself is pretty cool he I think just needs to work for a office rather than himself not a very good business man.
Patient#1 in Alliance,ohio – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Fantastic doctor and staff. Things at this office have greatly improved.
OH – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
Dr. Oros is a wonderful doctor who has helped me with my illness when other doctors failed. He takes the time to listen and makes the correct medication choices. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him! I drive 2 hours to see him since the care is that good. Plus having Netflix in the waiting room is a nice touch.
Karen Fatula in St. Clairsville, OH – Feb 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
The wait times are longer than some offices, but there's a reason I stay and so do his other patients. He will spend the time with you when you need him to, and that's important to me.
SD in North Canton, OH – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?
good luck getting xanax if you need it. I know what I need, and he REFUSED to listen and give my xanax. Steer clear!! Waste of Time!
J.D. in Canton, OH – Jan 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Oros, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Oros?

• Addiction Psychiatry