Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD
Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fresno, CA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Nuzzo is affiliated with Fresno Surgical Hospital.

Sierra Pacific Orthopedics

1630 E Herndon Ave

Fresno, CA 93720

Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Nuzzo

Michael Nuzzo MD, is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and is fellowship trained in sports medicine and shoulder surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to treat injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee, hip and ankle.

Dr. Nuzzo's Experience

Dr. Nuzzo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Georgetown University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

• The Army Commendation Medal, 5/2010
  • Meritorious Service Medal US ARMY, 7/2012
  • Iraq War Veteran/ Iraq Theater Orthopaedic Surgery Consultant, 1/2010
  • Pull-out and Compression Strength Comparison of Bioabsorbable Implants for Osteochondral Lesion Fixation, The American Journal of Orthopedics, April 2011. Presented at the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting, Vail, Colorado 2008.,
  • Michael Nuzzo MD,

Dr. Nuzzo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nuzzo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nuzzo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nuzzo to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Nuzzo's Performance
in Madera, CA |
Dr. Nuzzo repaired a meniscus tear in my left knee last year (2016). Surgery was a breeze. Didn't even need physical therapy. Was walking on left leg same day! Dr. Nuzzo replaced my entire left shoulder (reverse total shoulder replacement) on Feb 6, 2017. Gave me a nerve block. When I woke up after surgery, there was absolutely no pain. Even after the nerve block work off, I didn't experience any pain. Went to physical therapy for four months. Shoulder is like new, no pain anymore!
in Visalia, CA |
Thank you Dr. Nuzzo. Three months after my shoulder surgery I am pain free and riding my dirt bike again! Recovery went very smooth. Dirk Temmerman. Visalia Ca
in Clovis, CA |
Dr. Nuzzo performed a Rotator cuff repair on my right shoulder August 8, 2016. All my questions were answered to my satisfaction. The surgery went well with physical therapy after. My recovery is progressing and I am able to get back to Pilates and daily activities.
in Fresno, CA |
His staff was professional and very well organized. Dr. Nuzzo was very personable, articulating, and easy to understand when he was explaining to me what surgery/arthroscopy he thought needed to done. Everything went as perfect as can be. I only had to take 4 pain pills for pain and was back dancing in 2 weeks. I was fully recovered for my long walks and all types of dancing in 4 weeks with no pain after the second day. I'm pain free and feel great. Thanks Dr. Nuzzo!!!!!!
Merced, CA |
He did an ACL reconstruction on me after an injury in June 2015. I was unable to go back to work for 2 1/2 months. Still had pain and knee would NOT go straight. Finally got a second opinion in December 2015 where I was shown from imaging that the first surgery/graft was placed completely wrong and had a screw hitting the back of my kneecap, so it could NEVER go straight! Had to have a second surgery to correct it. Getting calls back..............forget it!
in Hanford, CA |
Dr. Nuzzo and the staff at SPOC provided excellent care to me when I fell and broke my ankle. It was a traumatic injury for me. I received caring support from my initial visit through the surgery and during these months of recuperation. I have already recommended Dr. Nuzzo to several friends that have orthopedic needs.
in Fresno, CA |
Dr. Nuzzo repaired a severe rotater cuff in my left shoulder. He and his office made sure I understood the procedure, the timing and the recovery before committing to having this done. He is direct yet patient. Several weeks following surgery, I began experiencing pain again and he was able to get me in quickly and reassure me that this was normal and my earlier pain-free post surgery status was not average - that the new pain was typical and to keep doing PT and all I had been.
in Visalia, CA |
I brought my daughter to Dr. Nuzzo for an ACL repair. It was by far the best medical experience we have had. Dr. Nuzzo and his staff were very professional and courteous. Dr. Nuzzo genuinely cares about his patients. He listened to our concerns and answered any questions we asked. I would definitely recommend Dr. Nuzzo to any of my family and or friends.
in Hanford CA |
Dr Nuzzo is very professional, explains things well. I had complete confidence in him.
in Fowler, CA |
really good doctor.
in Fresno, CA |
I would recommend Dr Nuzzo to anyone who asks, his personality is easy going and he explains things well. I fractured my Humerus skiing, Dr Nuzzo placed some screws and a plate in my arm. This was back in January 2016 and 3 months later all heeled and doing well!
in Clovis, California |
Dr Nuzzo and his staff are the best. I am gratefully surprised at how well my surgery went and how well I feel at this point, I attribute that to Dr Nuzzo being highly skilled and experienced at what he does, no messing around! I have brothers who have served in the military and I thank you Dr Nuzzo for your service!
in Visalia, CA |
Dr Nuzzo evaluated my shoulder injury after an x-ray and MRI. We discussed treatment options and he showed the damage, explained the injury and recommended surgery to repair it. He explained the surgery procedures and the recovery timeline. The surgery went as planned and the recovery with Physical Therapy has gone as planned. I had much damage to my shoulder and today after surgery and Physical Therapy it is as good ,or better than before the injury..I would recommend Dr. Nuzzo to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Are you Dr. Nuzzo?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Saint Agnes Medical Center

Visit Dr. Nuzzo

Dr. Nuzzo accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Nuzzo has admitting privileges